• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:18
CEST 02:18
KST 09:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9884 users

[T] MTG Mini Mafia II - Page 119

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 121 Next
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 06 2013 20:43 GMT
#2361
On February 07 2013 04:35 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Remember hydra's, you're welcome to share your QT's if you wish.
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 04:30 marvellosity wrote:
Hydras are by their nature harder to read. But it makes the game accessible to magic idiots like me, and for that i'm grateful.

also when hydra heads disagree with each other it's kinda fun. adds another level to the analysis (see the oats/MG minds aglow shenannies)

This is the main reason why I decided to implement hydras. I feel it might be a bit imbalanced to those that aren't in a hydra though. I might enforce everyone to be a hydra.

Also, another thought: We could do a 9 player draft game. It'd need at least one player from each hydra to be at the same place at one time, but it could be very interesting I'd say.

Guys?
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 06 2013 20:47 GMT
#2362
I like drafting. But I'm probably not going to sign up for another mtg mafia
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-06 20:56:42
February 06 2013 20:56 GMT
#2363
Same place. It might work if you get a Euro group together. If I understand Cockatrice correctly it supports Draft. I will have to look it over. If that's possible you can use Cockatrice for the drafting phase and then play it like a normal game.

I do agree that something is needed to stop decks from 2shotting each other and require town to coordinate and scumhunt: when I asked you in PM whether we could shorten the day and you said that I was assuming things that you couldn't acknowledge, I was basically correct.

Regardless of what happened D3, the other people not in the town circle of 3 would have died on D4. Sure, following the plan we proposed would have made it easier (and we would maybe have killed Poster too in a sneak attack of Zombie apocalypse).

The decks were all so powerful, that there was no way this game was going past D4 (barring Poster, Stutters or myself being scum AND playing stupidly by not killing someone else in the group-of-three that we all (and Marv) agreed on).

And to think we almost mulligan'd our first hand because it didn't have a bazaar. It basically turned into our dream hand with the Minds Aglow draw.
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
February 06 2013 20:58 GMT
#2364
On February 07 2013 05:43 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 04:35 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Remember hydra's, you're welcome to share your QT's if you wish.
On February 07 2013 04:30 marvellosity wrote:
Hydras are by their nature harder to read. But it makes the game accessible to magic idiots like me, and for that i'm grateful.

also when hydra heads disagree with each other it's kinda fun. adds another level to the analysis (see the oats/MG minds aglow shenannies)

This is the main reason why I decided to implement hydras. I feel it might be a bit imbalanced to those that aren't in a hydra though. I might enforce everyone to be a hydra.

Also, another thought: We could do a 9 player draft game. It'd need at least one player from each hydra to be at the same place at one time, but it could be very interesting I'd say.

Guys?

Oh yeah I forgot to answer this question. I definitely think hydras should be mandatory. I originally only wanted to play this game as a hydra, but I felt bad dropping out so close to the deadline when Risen finally confirmed that he definitely couldn't play. I personally didn't mind playing against hydras as just a single person, but it *may* have been a little unfair. Having someone to bounce ideas off of helps tremendously. (It also helps to have someone there to post when you're busy lol)

I know nothing about MTG drafts, but if it's like you come up with a few hundred cards that everyone can choose from 1 by 1 like a fantasy football draft, that would be very cool and probably more fair magic wise because you have a lot more control over the magic cards being used. I would probably trust the opinions of people who know magic though and not me lol.
zebezt
Profile Joined August 2011
185 Posts
February 06 2013 21:08 GMT
#2365
A draft definitely sounds interesting to me. But pretty time consuming. I have never done a draft irl and I like being able to take my time for these things.
What about a system where you get a number of points to bid on cards. That way you don't have to have everyone present at the same time.
You can do it before or after roles... and public or not.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
February 06 2013 21:08 GMT
#2366
A draft tourney needs to be set up in advance, though, so people have some time to familiarize themselves wtih the set (or sets) that the cards will be from. Otherwise it'll take way too long (kinda like a pre-release draft tourney) where everybody just sits around and reads the cards and tries to figure out what are the good cards (auto-picking the rare in your booster does not always guarantee success).

It also means that people who have experience with limited format have a clear advantage, because cards that are obviously terrible in constructed are sometimes the bees knees in limited (like... any shitty removal card, or a crappy flying creature, is fucking awesome in limited), whereas things that are great in constructed can be terrible in limited (anything that cannot function as a stand-alone, but can be awesome when it is in a deck with a theme where it works: entomb as a tutor, for instance).
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 06 2013 21:12 GMT
#2367
FWIW if you could get it to work I'd totally be interested in a MTG Draft mafia.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
February 06 2013 21:15 GMT
#2368
Wtf is draft? lol
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
February 06 2013 21:20 GMT
#2369
Okay, logged on Cockatrice and asked. It's not possible. The draft/sealed option that it has is not functional and people creating games with that option is nonsense.

However, if iGrok wins another booster box of the upcoming set, he could cohost it: rather than giving people the booster and letting them pick a card, iGrok just sends you the list of cards in your booster.

Yes, it is an epic amount of work for the host, but that's a way it might work. Of course, I remember when I still played actively, I was way too excited when opening boosters to bother writing out what was in which booster
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 06 2013 21:23 GMT
#2370
I'm fairly sure you can do like a cube draft on some site (tappedout.net?). That might work?
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 06 2013 21:34 GMT
#2371
I could also just make a QT where I put links to every card and then everyone just posts which card they want in there.
zebezt
Profile Joined August 2011
185 Posts
February 06 2013 21:35 GMT
#2372
Or make decks according to the EDH rules?
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
February 06 2013 21:37 GMT
#2373
I still don't know wtf a "MTG draft" is
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
February 06 2013 21:38 GMT
#2374
On February 07 2013 06:37 gonzaw wrote:
I still don't know wtf a "MTG draft" is

You and me both, man.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 06 2013 21:38 GMT
#2375
On February 07 2013 06:37 gonzaw wrote:
I still don't know wtf a "MTG draft" is

Decks consist of 40 cards. If you know boosters, there's 15 cards in them: Off the top of my head, 11 commons 3 uncommons and 1 rare. In a draft, you "open" a bunch of boosters and each player picks a card in turns (usually A B C C B A, etc) until players have a full deck. You can get basic land cards for free.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 06 2013 21:40 GMT
#2376
On February 07 2013 06:37 gonzaw wrote:
I still don't know wtf a "MTG draft" is


I mean, not to be that guy, but google is your friend here.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
February 06 2013 21:45 GMT
#2377
I'd be down to draft, but I don't know about drafting mafia decks :D
Trust in Bayes.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
February 06 2013 21:49 GMT
#2378
On February 07 2013 06:40 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 06:37 gonzaw wrote:
I still don't know wtf a "MTG draft" is


I mean, not to be that guy, but google is your friend here.


Yeah....but I need to open another tab, I'm too lazy, F5'ing is easier >_> <_<

On February 07 2013 06:38 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 06:37 gonzaw wrote:
I still don't know wtf a "MTG draft" is

Decks consist of 40 cards. If you know boosters, there's 15 cards in them: Off the top of my head, 11 commons 3 uncommons and 1 rare. In a draft, you "open" a bunch of boosters and each player picks a card in turns (usually A B C C B A, etc) until players have a full deck. You can get basic land cards for free.


Ah okay, so basically everybody builds their decks from the same "bunch" of cards.

So you say we do this in an IRC MTG mafia game or something?
We could use the same "drafting system" done in PYP games or something. You show us all the cards, and we give a list of which one we want 1st, then which one 2nd, etc.
Then using the PYP drafting system, you choose which player gets which card.

Thus we don't need players being online in IRC at the same time or stuff like that
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 06 2013 21:49 GMT
#2379
On February 07 2013 06:45 MidnightGladius wrote:
I'd be down to draft, but I don't know about drafting mafia decks :D

We could do alignments before drafting, might be fun ^^
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 06 2013 21:52 GMT
#2380
On February 07 2013 06:49 gonzaw wrote:
Ah okay, so basically everybody builds their decks from the same "bunch" of cards.

So you say we do this in an IRC MTG mafia game or something?
We could use the same "drafting system" done in PYP games or something. You show us all the cards, and we give a list of which one we want 1st, then which one 2nd, etc.
Then using the PYP drafting system, you choose which player gets which card.

Thus we don't need players being online in IRC at the same time or stuff like that

We could do it in a QT, that way we won't spam a thread on the TL Mafia board constantly. I'll put all the cards with links up in one QT (or on the main thread) and decide an order in which players pick. Then you just post in the QT which card you want to have.

Furthermore, I suggest that each player picks their favourite set and I'll pick 2 booster packs from it to use in the draft. 30 cards should be fine since we're going for 40 card decks where you get free basic lands.
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft294
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft294
ViBE133
CosmosSc2 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1908
Shuttle 546
Artosis 496
910 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever680
Counter-Strike
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox397
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5720
Other Games
summit1g7867
shahzam584
JimRising 560
C9.Mang0258
Maynarde120
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick861
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen123
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 42m
Stellar Fest
12h 42m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.