• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:27
CEST 08:27
KST 15:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9228 users

Looney Lynching Mini Mafia - Page 63

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 103 Next
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 17 2012 12:13 GMT
#1241
On October 17 2012 21:02 thrawn2112 wrote:
that's very interesting i'm going to read through the ON vs hopeless stuff

so correct me if i'm getting this wrong but the logic works out to be like this:

ON is scum. Sand is town. Scum don't want a scum in the finals. That;s why hopleess was originally set to advance instead of ON. We know this because it was ET who pushed ON into the finals, and ET is town. If hopeless and ON were both scum, then scum should have been bussing ON because he would have been the less detrimental loss. It would have made no sense for scum to push a scum hopeless into finals rather than a scum ON.

Therefore the scum plan was to move hopeless (who is town) into the finals?


Yes this is the correct less pretty TLDR of my post. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 12:16 GMT
#1242
@Mementoss

I totally agree with the logic of your post. I didn't think through all the mafia perspective when I've made my Hopeless case.
I've noticed that it wouldn't make sense for a scum Hopeless to play scummy on purpose while he was going to meet his buddy on the semi-finals.
On October 17 2012 01:01 Djodref wrote:

/snip

What speaks for him
+ Show Spoiler +

I still believe he was playing scummy on purpose at the first time because there is no way to play like this if you are not doing it on purpose. But I don't know on which purpose. It doesn't make sense for scum to do this but it doesn't really make sense for town either so I don't know. But I wouldn't do this at all if my lurky scum partner was going to face me in semi-finals.


Conclusion
It would make no sense for him to be scum but he has such an anti-town play that I don't believe him to be town anymore.
Right now, I believe he's playing a WIFOMy act ("too scummy to be scum") so I would support an Hopeless lynch.


Nevertheless, if you believe he is town, please check his filter and tell me what he has achieved for town.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 12:18 GMT
#1243
Ok right now I consider the following 100% true, I don't see any loopholes. One of the following statements MUST BE TRUE.

A) there is scum among kush/djo
B) town hopeless took the lead against ON on accident without scum interference
C) if hopeless is scum then for some reason scum decided they'd rather have hopeless in the finals instead on ON

"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 17 2012 12:20 GMT
#1244
On October 17 2012 21:16 Djodref wrote:
@Mementoss

I totally agree with the logic of your post. I didn't think through all the mafia perspective when I've made my Hopeless case.
I've noticed that it wouldn't make sense for a scum Hopeless to play scummy on purpose while he was going to meet his buddy on the semi-finals.
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2012 01:01 Djodref wrote:

/snip

What speaks for him
+ Show Spoiler +

I still believe he was playing scummy on purpose at the first time because there is no way to play like this if you are not doing it on purpose. But I don't know on which purpose. It doesn't make sense for scum to do this but it doesn't really make sense for town either so I don't know. But I wouldn't do this at all if my lurky scum partner was going to face me in semi-finals.


Conclusion
It would make no sense for him to be scum but he has such an anti-town play that I don't believe him to be town anymore.
Right now, I believe he's playing a WIFOMy act ("too scummy to be scum") so I would support an Hopeless lynch.


Nevertheless, if you believe he is town, please check his filter and tell me what he has achieved for town.


it doesn't matter what he achieved for town
it doesn't matter if hes town or anti town
anti-town day 3 is not good basis for a day 3 lynch
WIFOM: + Show Spoiler +
Do you think 66% of the scum team would be in the top 3 lurkers list? Possible, but not usually the case in my experience

I would like him to try and step it up hard with some cases plz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 17 2012 12:21 GMT
#1245
My only problem now is I don't know who to lynch, but at least this is a starting point for discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 12:24 GMT
#1246
yeah my motivation to read through D1 again just went from about 10% to 100... but trying to extend the argument any further starts getting really wifomy pretty quickly.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 12:34 GMT
#1247
On October 17 2012 21:08 thrawn2112 wrote:
And look at the voting results:

Hopeless vs OriginalName 15-12
sandroba vs djodref 4-0

To me that very clearly suggests scum activity behind the hopeless vs ON matchup... and the two who voted for hopeless were kush/djo. I suggest everyone go and read the r3 part of the thread.

I see only three possible scenarios:

A) there is scum among kush/djo
B) hopeless took the lead against ON on accident without scum interference
C) if hopeless is scum then for some reason scum decided they'd rather have hopeless in the finals instead on ON

I really think there is something too all this but lets please keep the discussion from reaching wifom insanity


I have not been sharing all the WIFOM insanity I went through after the first time Hopeless admitted he was playing scummy on purpose. I don't want things like this to happen in the thread.

Quick comments on your possible scenarios:

A) I'm town, I am not sure about Kush anymore, I'm waiting for him to present real cases
B) likely scenario because Hopeless was then playing scum on purpose
C) Hopeless may be scum and play us an hell of a WIFOMy act but I don't see why the last scum would help him advanced over ON in this case

Some comments on Hopeless being my top scumread atm:

I'm either totally stupid or Hopeless is using great WIFOM against us

As my reads are usually bad, I would say that I'm totally stupid.

Still, I want everybody to answer the question : what Hopeless has done for the town so far ?
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 12:43 GMT
#1248
On October 17 2012 21:21 Mementoss wrote:
My only problem now is I don't know who to lynch, but at least this is a starting point for discussion


Well, I have the same problem, but I'm feeling really excited right now. There is some good discussion going on ^^

@Hopeless

Please look at my second defense of Daoud, and tell me if you still want to lynch him after this.

I didn't appreciate the fact that you have said that my first defense of him was piss-poor. But I'm realizing right now that I might have been totally stupid while tunneling you. Please step up and you're going to drop quickly from the top of my list.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
October 17 2012 12:44 GMT
#1249
guys real cases against thrawn and djo and a closer look at Austin is coming when I get home.

I hate all these assumptions about scumvotes d1.
I think its very.possible that they thought he would be modkilled, so they took the opportunity to gain town points from the situation.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 12:47 GMT
#1250
I think it's very, very safe to assume hopeless is town. Apart from the finals, ON vs Hopeless was the most contested matchup. Doesn't that strongly suggest that hopeless is town now that we know ON is scum?

concerning the three options I listed earlier:

For kush to be scum that would have meant that he was bussing the shit out of ON. I checked the voting thread against the real thread and it was kush who pushed ON over the edge. Also I have a pretty strong meta town read on him. Djo, I still think he's town.... but I am way less certain of him being town than kush being town. So now I need to decide if either Djo is scum, or if town hopeless was set to advance into the finals without mafia voting interference. Djo said he thought this would be likely because hopeless was playing scummy even by his own account.


I'm not really sure that I can make much more of this without delving into wifom so for now I'm just going to assume hopeless is town and carry on from there.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 12:50 GMT
#1251
On October 17 2012 21:44 kushm4sta wrote:
guys real cases against thrawn and djo and a closer look at Austin is coming when I get home.

I hate all these assumptions about scumvotes d1.
I think its very.possible that they thought he would be modkilled, so they took the opportunity to gain town points from the situation.


fuck if this is a scumslip and I ignore it I'll be pissed at myself later... kush is that why you lynched ON? To gain towncred?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 13:01 GMT
#1252
he didn't bus ON at all

you have it all wrong, check the voting thread again. ET pushed ON over the edge

30 minutes before R3, you have ON advancing with

hopeless1der (7) < OriginalName (11)
Hope = 6 x Djo + 1 x Kush
ON = Sand x 7 + Hiro x 2 + ET x 2

After that Kush bombed Hope with 5 more votes and ET countered last minute with 4 more votes on ON

Final

Hopeless vs OriginalName 15-12

Hope = 6 x Djo + 6 x Kush
ON = Sand x 7 + Hiro x 2 + ET x 6

kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
October 17 2012 13:01 GMT
#1253

daoud is quite an enigma. Is his scumminess from being a scum or being a newb?
It's bad but I'm pretty apathetic about his lynch.
My mind on him is constantly changing.
He is really cute though. I want to take him to bed with me and cuddle him up.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 13:05 GMT
#1254
EBWOP:

Thrawn has made a mistake in his last two posts, it was supposed to be a correction for him but it is useful for everybody regarding the present discussion.

My main point is that Kush wouldn't have bussed ON at all, regarding the votes
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 13:08 GMT
#1255
Regarding my votes on Hopeless, I have already explained them here
+ Show Spoiler +

On October 15 2012 12:04 Djodref wrote:
Ok, I've just caught up with the thread now.

First of all, I would like to address your concerns regarding my votes again Hopeless at round 3, when ON was facing him. I understand that they put me at a bad position right now. At the time when I've have dumped all my votes on him, I was pretty sure he was a mafia player. In my eyes, he was the scummiest but we didn't know yet that he was playing that way on purpose (regardless of his possible alignment).
As I explained earlier, I was expecting him to dump all his 9 votes on me in response (in a total mafia OMGUS way) so I believed the chances were very high to have a Hopeless/Djodref final. I thought the mafia would take this final because I don't look so good and it's easier to push a mislynch on a newbie. I was all-in and I wanted Hopeless to be lynched even if it was by risking me to be in the final.

So I went out quite satisfied with my move but when I finally emerged from my drunken sleep, I was very surprised to read Hopeless answer to my case. I would have expect anything but him giving me a town read. I've spent a lot of time thinking why a scum Hopeless would do that. Before going totally nuts, I've decided to stop WIFOMing myself and to reserve my judgement for later.

I'm at work right now and I don't have time to elaborate so much but I would prefer prplhz to explode with the Hot Potatoe today. I was already suspicious of prplhz before all the Sandroba vote thing but it strongly confirms it.

I'm not totally sold on Daoud yet. I've had a newb townie read on him until R3. His defense is very bad but he has been consistent with his read on Sandroba. Also I don't see his last scummate (prplhz?) let him post or vote like he did.





thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 13:08 GMT
#1256
I was talking about r4 not r3

"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 13:09 GMT
#1257
@Kush

Did you read my latest defense of daoud ?
What do you think about it ?

Waiting for your case
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 13:12 GMT
#1258
djo I don't like how defensive you're being about your votes for hopeless....

also you've had me as your strongest town read all game and one time you even told kush to "trust thrawn".... I'm beginnng to suspect some buddying going on
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 13:12 GMT
#1259
On October 17 2012 22:08 thrawn2112 wrote:
I was talking about r4 not r3



My bad
You are right, he was the decisive vote during R4. Pretty fun that he did this with his last remaining vote.
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 13:15 GMT
#1260
I don't want to be mislynched for these votes. I was so sure it was a good move at that time, I would be very sad if people would misinterpret them.
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 137
-ZergGirl 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1751
Hyuk 240
910 70
Bale 34
ZergMaN 18
NotJumperer 17
yabsab 15
Icarus 10
League of Legends
JimRising 653
Reynor55
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox490
Mew2King57
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor232
Other Games
summit1g7074
WinterStarcraft407
PiGStarcraft248
C9.Mang0244
Sick204
Livibee164
ArmadaUGS37
Happy0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream260
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2333
League of Legends
• Stunt538
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 33m
Stellar Fest
6h 33m
The PondCast
1d 3h
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
OSC
1d 17h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.