• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:44
CEST 13:44
KST 20:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8832 users

Looney Lynching Mini Mafia - Page 64

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 103 Next
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 17 2012 13:19 GMT
#1261
Guys I was allowed to make that defense on hopeless because it was 90% 10% wifom.

We can't tell if hopeless vs ON was townies voting hopeless through and scum "letting" is happen by being apathetic to vote against it or if it was scum pushing hopeless through voting to save ON. Remember hopeless was one of the bigger cases of day 1, made by a confirmed townie (ET). So using purely vote analysis is oversimplifying things and too wifom. Stop oversimplifying, remember day 2?

So guys go back to making real cases from real analysis. Use the voting wifom as a weak support, and not the main point. The main case on prplhz was voting sandroba and look how that turned out.

As far as I'm concerned im going to be looking at everyone except myself and hopeless for scum. Don't forget to analyse night 1 day 2 night 2 and day 3 (pre/post hopeless town post) to find scum. Don't limit yourself to only 25% of the information.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 17 2012 13:19 GMT
#1262
EBWOP: 90% Facts 10% wifom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 13:28 GMT
#1263
kush could you elaborate more about your hesitations on da0? The one reason I think he's town is because he shows a lot of newbie paranoia in his scumhunting process. Like early on he was making elaborate association cases, that kind of stuff. That is the type of stuff that townies do. He's either my #1 lynch candidate or like my #6 lol.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 13:32 GMT
#1264
Did anybody read my defense of daoud ?

I feel I have been totally rape-ninjaed by mementoss...

@mementoss

Do you find my defense too much WIFOM ?
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 17 2012 14:37 GMT
#1265
On October 17 2012 22:32 Djodref wrote:
Did anybody read my defense of daoud ?

I feel I have been totally rape-ninjaed by mementoss...

@mementoss

Do you find my defense too much WIFOM ?


Sandroba was killed because of his vet status
ET was killed both because of his very townie status and vet status

Scum kills are mostly to people with town cred or vet status (really good scum hunting) I don't see what this has to do with da0ds alignment.

If they killed Sandroba and ET for a specific reason it would be more likely to protect da0d from tunneling vets, than to incriminate him, an easy mislynch if he was town because hes easy to make a case on anyways they didn't need any extra leverage. This is too WIFOM, you can't know or prove either way unless your mafia.

@Thrawn: Im interested in the reasoning behind your changes in the top 3, could you explain them for me.

On October 17 2012 13:39 thrawn2112 wrote:
1 austin
2 hiro
3 da0ud
4 hopeless1der
5 mementoss
6 Djodref
7 kushm4sta
8 thrawn2112


On October 17 2012 16:01 thrawn2112 wrote:
1 da0ud
2 austin
3 hiro
4 hopeless1der
5 mementoss
6 Djodref
7 kushm4sta
8 thrawn2112
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 17 2012 14:39 GMT
#1266
at this point Im gunna throw a gut feeling list out there and get into more analysis hopefully after work

1 da0ud
2 austin
3 hiro
4. kushm4sta
5 djodref
6 Thrawn2112
7 Hopeless1der
8 mementoss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2012 14:45 GMT
#1267
On October 17 2012 21:43 Djodref wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2012 21:21 Mementoss wrote:
My only problem now is I don't know who to lynch, but at least this is a starting point for discussion


Well, I have the same problem, but I'm feeling really excited right now. There is some good discussion going on ^^

@Hopeless

Please look at my second defense of Daoud, and tell me if you still want to lynch him after this.

I didn't appreciate the fact that you have said that my first defense of him was piss-poor. But I'm realizing right now that I might have been totally stupid while tunneling you. Please step up and you're going to drop quickly from the top of my list.

Of course I still want to lynch him. Your defense of him only worked because you assumed I'm scum and I'm still actively pushing his lynch. If/When I flip town, a lynch on da0ud becomes more desirable, but as you've said, you have been tunneling me and I may not be able to change your mind this time.


Going back to your first defense, you attempt to completely throw out any association with ON because ON was a lurker. However, ON still came in and placed votes and said some stuff. In addition, we KNOW OriginalName flipped scum. I went through da0ud's filter right around the time that ON got pushed ahead of me by ET. He couldn't keep his story straight even though he was damn near certain of a couple things involving:
- Hopeless vs djodref
- ON vs sandroba
I just can't follow his logic (page 2 of his filter) and I think it's because he's scum and he was just saying things to make it look like he cared about the lynch.



Also, how does this happen:
On October 16 2012 16:50 da0ud wrote:
Currently my scum to town scale goes as below :
1) Mementoss
2) Hopeless
3) ET
4) Austin
5) Kush
6) Hiro
7) Djo
8) Thrawn


On October 17 2012 13:19 da0ud wrote:
I am not the best at this game yet I admit it. I am not the best psychologist. I have not read (yet) the threads to learn how to play better. One thing I am sure of : I am good at maths and finding patterns. This game is intense and trust me being asleep when the heart of the action takes place is not easy. I wake up every morning with 10 pages to read. Would be easier for me to improve faster if I was in your timezone.

@ Kush : I will look into why I do put Thrawn on top of my town list.

On October 17 2012 15:49 da0ud wrote:
Update :
1) Thrawn
2) Hopeless
3) Mementoss
4) Austin
5) Hiro
6) Djo
7) Kush
8) Da0ud

Thrawn literally went from top town read to top scum read, and Thrawn's already commented on this revelation. I can't sit here and watch this go unpunished.

+ Show Spoiler +
Side Note...his first town/scum rank "ladder" was made before we even knew the lynch mechanic. Are the hosts stealing ideas from the thread or did da0ud have access to the lynch info somehow? This is too coincidental for my liking.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 14:46 GMT
#1268
Look at da0's recent posts. He lists me as his top town read. Kush jumps on him for it and asks him to explain. Da0's response was that he needs to "look into" why I'm his top town read. I don't know how he can have a top town read and not be able to give an explanation for it even at a moment's notice. Then after his investigation is complete he comes back and now I'm his top scum read. And the reasons he gave in his case against me were just downright silly. The whole thing just looked like him trying to avoid the wrath of kush so I moved him up the list.

I really don't know what to make of him. Like I've said I want to think he's town because his scumhunting shows newbie townie paranoia (crazy association cases etc) but there's so much against him.... and this last flip flop has been truly wtf.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2012 15:00 GMT
#1269
I just tried to make sense of da0ud's filter's 2nd page but there's too many mistyped names for me to properly make sense of the logic. My basic conclusion is based on the tone and language he used and that his posting made it sound like he had pretty much solved who was scum/town when it was:

Hopeless vs Sandroba (He felt sandroba was scum)

but when it was

ON vs sandroba he was no longer sure of anything. His change in tone and conviction is drastic and is not adequately justified. I see massive scum motivation in trying to avoid taking a definitive stance in order to gauge the town atmosphere and attempt to push for sandroba's mislynch.
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 15:05 GMT
#1270
@Hopeless

I think you misunderstood me.

My defense is based on the fact that it's more likely than daoud is a mislynch pushed by the mafia than a mafia player (this based on the possible strategies followed by the mafia while killing Sandro and ET). And I think that my point is valid, even if it's based on something we cannot be sure of.

I thought it could incriminate you at the same time because you were pushing him.

About changing my mind, mementoss post about you is quite solid, and I'm afraid right now that I was wrong.
Anyway, I would appreciate more post and more content from you, regardless of your alignment.

@Everyone

I need to update my ranking but I want to see first how are going to contribute Kush and Hopeless today. Right now, I'm thinking at something like

1 Hiro
2
3
4
5 Daoud
6 Mementoss
7 Thrawn
8 Djodref

Mementoss has really impressed me with his post about Hopeless. I cannot see anything but town motives for such a post.
Nevertheless, I have thought at a Hopeless/Mementoss scumteam but I don't see it likely at all (maybe another stupid idea^^). I'll keep it in a corner of my mind if you survive for too long.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 15:08 GMT
#1271
On October 18 2012 00:00 Hopeless1der wrote:
I just tried to make sense of da0ud's filter's 2nd page but there's too many mistyped names for me to properly make sense of the logic. My basic conclusion is based on the tone and language he used and that his posting made it sound like he had pretty much solved who was scum/town when it was:

Hopeless vs Sandroba (He felt sandroba was scum)

but when it was

ON vs sandroba he was no longer sure of anything. His change in tone and conviction is drastic and is not adequately justified. I see massive scum motivation in trying to avoid taking a definitive stance in order to gauge the town atmosphere and attempt to push for sandroba's mislynch.


What are you referring to with hopeless vs sandroba I don't recall that being a matchup
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2012 15:08 GMT
#1272
1-da0ud
2-austinmcc
3-djodref
4-HiroPro
5-kushm4sta
6-thrawn2112
7-Mementoss
8-Hopeless1der

Obviously I'm biased due to his case, but MMT has been berating us constantly for not actively pushing scumreads and I kept seeing him saying things that weren't true Day1 regarding voting on your own matchups. I sincerely doubt that a scumteam would allow him to continue to misunderstand the lynch mechanics like that, or that he'd be so careless if he were scum.

Be back later, need to go do work for a change.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2012 15:09 GMT
#1273
On October 18 2012 00:08 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2012 00:00 Hopeless1der wrote:
I just tried to make sense of da0ud's filter's 2nd page but there's too many mistyped names for me to properly make sense of the logic. My basic conclusion is based on the tone and language he used and that his posting made it sound like he had pretty much solved who was scum/town when it was:

Hopeless vs Sandroba (He felt sandroba was scum)

but when it was

ON vs sandroba he was no longer sure of anything. His change in tone and conviction is drastic and is not adequately justified. I see massive scum motivation in trying to avoid taking a definitive stance in order to gauge the town atmosphere and attempt to push for sandroba's mislynch.


What are you referring to with hopeless vs sandroba I don't recall that being a matchup


It almost was one before ET's votebomb went through. Kita had to re-read his own rules to make sure.
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
October 17 2012 15:11 GMT
#1274
He is talking about the comments daoud made about the possible matchups for the final
Because it was at first
ON/Sandroba
then Hopeless/Sandroba
then ON/Sandroba

By the way I don't understand why a scum Daoud would have not voted in that matchup, given his level of play.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 15:21 GMT
#1275
hopeless why is memtoss your highest town read?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2012 15:31 GMT
#1276
He made my defense for me and I think his intentions are sincere. I don't think I'm a valuable enough asset for scum to defend me like that, so my conclusion is he is legitimately attempting to prevent a mislynch on me.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
October 17 2012 15:33 GMT
#1277
Thrawn who is your top scumread??? I have no idea. Where is your list? Or are you just going to nitpick everyone elses'?
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 17 2012 15:35 GMT
#1278
kush dont be fucking dumb read the thread(s) that's how you learn things
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
October 17 2012 16:03 GMT
#1279
I did and I still dont know who is your top scumread and where is your list?
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2012 16:03 GMT
#1280
kush, I take it you are working on a case against thrawn? or have you changed your mind from eariler?
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28584
Shuttle 2933
Bisu 982
Horang2 819
Jaedong 617
BeSt 384
Hyuk 308
firebathero 303
actioN 278
Light 257
[ Show more ]
Mini 211
Stork 205
Zeus 186
Soma 180
Soulkey 168
EffOrt 143
Last 131
Leta 109
ggaemo 92
ZerO 86
Pusan 84
Snow 83
Rush 69
Mong 55
Killer 54
Aegong 40
hero 39
Mind 35
Shine 32
Sexy 29
Sharp 27
Bale 26
NaDa 25
Shinee 24
ToSsGirL 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 17
sorry 15
Free 14
Yoon 13
zelot 13
JulyZerg 12
PianO 12
HiyA 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1463
qojqva1202
Dendi845
Fuzer 126
League of Legends
Reynor91
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
x6flipin281
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes703
Other Games
gofns39839
singsing2029
B2W.Neo458
XBOCT333
Livibee180
DeMusliM178
Mew2King135
Liquid`LucifroN130
XaKoH 120
ArmadaUGS99
QueenE82
Chillindude9
ZerO(Twitch)9
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream301
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2234
• TFBlade468
Other Games
• WagamamaTV130
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 16m
Stellar Fest
1h 16m
OSC
12h 16m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.