• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:01
CEST 18:01
KST 01:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7188 users

TL Mafia XLVII - Page 65

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 266 Next
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 25 2011 20:35 GMT
#1281
That's a bad case because it rests on the fact you think pushing sinani206 lynch day 1 is awful. Why? Because as soon as he suggested it I thought the same thing and sandroba knows that's the kind of reaction it would induce from quite a few of us. It's just a dumb move as scum in a game with 50 new players of which you can push any single one and not look suspicious. Also I do not agree that sinani's play has been standard so far.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 25 2011 20:38 GMT
#1282
On November 26 2011 05:14 syllogism wrote:
It's a bad plan and do you realize blues operate on their own in almost every single game? There's a reason why it's standard play: because it's optimal. When you've PMs or other nonstandard mechanics, things change, but in a huge standard game you don't need to offer an alternate plan when someone suggests non-standard play and you can convincingly argue why it's stupid.


You didn't convincingly argue anything. You stumbled and tripped over your own logic.

You denied that there is any benefit to the plan "because it doesn't confirm sanities." That's the result of you illogically applying a false dichotomy to the situation. The situation isn't, "plan=helpful if it confirms sanities" and "plan=bad if it doesn't." There is an inbetween, namely it is still helpful if it accelerates the rate at which DTs may confirm their sanities. I rebutted your "argument" and showed you why this is precisely the case, using your own example to show my point.

I also addressed, albeit briefly, that it's completely fine and natural that some blues will choose to operate on their own. We have no way of actually controlling what the blues do. That's fine, let them play their role how they want to play. However, if they agree with the plan then we provide them with that option.

This is actually the beauty of the plan. It isn't foolproof to everyone adhering to it, but even if some people don't adhere to it, it's still beneficial. The likelihood of achieving a flip among those 10 players will be drastically increased. The scum framers will not reliably be able to predict where the DTs will be every night.

Also, this plan doesn't even include mad hatters, trackers, or role cops. All of them are more reliable than DTs and they will do their own thing.

In addition, a nice side effect of the plan is that it gives medics and doctors better chances to protect, since it basically eliminates 10 players from the pool. Why would you ever want to protect a list of the 10 best scumreads town has? With this list public, even an afk doctor has a drastically better chance of protecting a townie from a night hit.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 25 2011 20:41 GMT
#1283
Flipping 10 poeple early is retarded as fuck, that's my point. Sinani206 is not playing his normal bad, he is INTENTIONALLY trolling and acting dumb, which is standard mafia sinani.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 25 2011 20:42 GMT
#1284
On November 26 2011 05:32 unsmart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 05:14 syllogism wrote:
It's a bad plan and do you realize blues operate on their own in almost every single game? There's a reason why it's standard play: because it's optimal. When you've PMs or other nonstandard mechanics, things change, but in a huge standard game you don't need to offer an alternate plan when someone suggests non-standard play and you can convincingly argue why it's stupid.

From what I understand it is standard for DTs to act on their own in normal games. However from the size of this game I'm not sure that is optimal at all. Simply calling the plan bad and just pointing to standard play is not enough. When you say the plan is bad you need to point out why is is bad and then show how standard play would be better. So far I haven't seen that.

I'm not sure I'm so different from other noobs when it comes to not fully understanding the way the game normally plays. The majority of us are not going to read through other games when it takes so much time to look through and analyze this one by itself. So as a vet you need to both show why the proposed plan is bad and why unorganized play is good. Otherwise, at least from my perspective, you come off as slightly scummy.

We have pointed out why it is bad. You risk more overlap, let scum know who are going to be checked, make our vigs shoot d2 and waste checks because people are under the illusion that checks are worthless unless you see flips and possibly knowing your sanity a bit earlier will somehow benefit the town. You still won't be able to claim due to mafia likely having several roleblockers and unless you can actually make a good case against someone, pushing to lynch a player you got a red check on will be ignored anyway. You can push without knowing your sanity once you get a red check, especially once you get one red and one green check; no flips are required. Obviously before pushing you should filter the person to see if he actually appears scummy; even if you know you are sane he could still be a miller and if you don't your sanity you should be just slightly more careful.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 25 2011 20:42 GMT
#1285
Wbg you are completely intolerable and not very bright
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 25 2011 20:45 GMT
#1286
On November 26 2011 05:41 sandroba wrote:
Flipping 10 poeple early is retarded as fuck, that's my point. Sinani206 is not playing his normal bad, he is INTENTIONALLY trolling and acting dumb, which is standard mafia sinani.


I just showed you a game in which sinani was town and intentionally trolling and acting dumb.

What is your point?
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 25 2011 20:46 GMT
#1287
A game that you yourself played as town in....

also syllo, I realize I am not the brightest, but my personal level of intelligence has no bearing on my argument.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 25 2011 20:50 GMT
#1288
No, that game he was posting his honest opinion in a very scummy way.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
November 25 2011 20:51 GMT
#1289
On November 26 2011 05:41 sandroba wrote:
Flipping 10 poeple early is retarded as fuck, that's my point. Sinani206 is not playing his normal bad, he is INTENTIONALLY trolling and acting dumb, which is standard mafia sinani.


You are basing your entire argument of wifom meta. It is day 1. If you honestly hate trolls and want them dead why are you not pushing players such as kurumi, serejai or coag who are all known trolls? Who troll every game?

You have shown you are against a town attempting to order itself and work as a team and instead believe individual people should do their own thing? You in every pm game talk to a small circle and instantly buddy up. Why the sudden change of people should do their own thing? You actively choose a lynch target and after campaigning on "i will do analysis" do not even show using previous games why your argument this game has any solid proof. Instead you are saying "I say he is doing x and this is his meta" You are telling who do not know any meta on that player that you are accurately giving that information. It is insanely misleading and downright scumlike.

#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
November 25 2011 20:52 GMT
#1290
On November 26 2011 05:42 syllogism wrote:
Wbg you are completely intolerable and not very bright


He is posting logically and you try to divert a game thread into another flame war that as WBG has been warned for once could get modkilled for? Seriously? This is the example you are going to show to newer players.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 25 2011 20:53 GMT
#1291
On November 26 2011 05:50 sandroba wrote:
No, that game he was posting his honest opinion in a very scummy way.


So his honest opinion was saying, "I'm the only thing going on" in response to questions asked about scumreads, his honest opinion was saying "I'm trying a new playstyle" when it was simply trolling, and his honest opinion was saying "yeah I know I'm useless get over it just lynch me."?

How can you expect anyone to seriously believe this?
Nokarot
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1410 Posts
November 25 2011 21:01 GMT
#1292
Just thought I'd post to say goodbye. I requested replacement. I think I bit off a little more than I can chew this game and don't want to turn in to a lurker without being able to keep up. I know its awfully taboo and I'll probably get some flak for it, but what can I say- I just wasn't having the fun I anticipated.
beep beep boop
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
November 25 2011 21:04 GMT
#1293
On November 26 2011 06:01 Nokarot wrote:
Just thought I'd post to say goodbye. I requested replacement. I think I bit off a little more than I can chew this game and don't want to turn in to a lurker without being able to keep up. I know its awfully taboo and I'll probably get some flak for it, but what can I say- I just wasn't having the fun I anticipated.


That doesn't actually surprise me. If you like the concept please look out of newbie games. You may have a lot more fun then
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 25 2011 21:05 GMT
#1294
Yeah, the smaller games are really fun. They're easier to read, less players (so you get to know their playstyles better) and you don't have to be terribly active to read/participate. They generally are less than 60 pages by end, sometimes even about half of that. Compare that to this game, we're not even done with day 1 and we'll probably crack 100 pages by the end of day 1.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
November 25 2011 21:07 GMT
#1295
bugs you running for mayor?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 25 2011 21:10 GMT
#1296
So kita do you have time now to comment on things as you promised
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
November 25 2011 21:10 GMT
#1297
Unfortunately not. Heading out in a few minutes.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 25 2011 21:10 GMT
#1298
not really, but people are voting me.

I'd rather scumhunt than tout my own abilities, tbh.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
November 25 2011 21:14 GMT
#1299
I'm really struggling to keep up half the time, but I want to stay in, so that I can actually follow better and at least try to learn as much as I can, even though I don't know how helpful I can be

Especially considering how big this game is going to be. Holy crap, 65 pages and we haven't even reached Night 1 O.O

Erandorr, how do you feel about wbg's analysis of sandro?
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
November 25 2011 21:16 GMT
#1300
On November 26 2011 05:28 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 00:46 xtfftc wrote:
WBG, could you please do me a favour?

yep, everything BC said is spot-on.



On November 25 2011 21:15 BloodyC0bbler wrote:A miller only helps clear it as well. miller works exactly as a framed townie would. If you hit a miller after day 1 and day 1 have a green check hit miller and have red (and you have a flip of your day 1 or end up with a flip of your day 2 miller) you are instantly confirmed for sanity -_-


I have no idea what it is that BC was trying to say - and this is not the first example. Perhaps it's just me but could you break it down example step by step? Like this:

- day 1 have a green check
- after day 1 hit a miller (how do you know you hit a miller?)
- hit miller and have red (whatever this means)
...
- profit

I would ask BC but he went to work and I have to vote before that.



Ok say day 1 you check and result is townie. If you then check day 2 and get red and the red flips miller you instantly know your sanity. If you hit miller first and he dies and flips and you got a result as red then you know if you ever hit a green check what your sanity is.

Ah, that's much better, thanks. Again, maybe it's just me but I had absolutely no idea what it was that you were trying to say.

On November 26 2011 06:01 Nokarot wrote:
Just thought I'd post to say goodbye. I requested replacement. I think I bit off a little more than I can chew this game and don't want to turn in to a lurker without being able to keep up. I know its awfully taboo and I'll probably get some flak for it, but what can I say- I just wasn't having the fun I anticipated.

I thought you were doing pretty good for a newbie. An 80 players game is going to be a mindfuck but that's the case for pretty much all of us really.

(and I don't understand the concept of making a gigantic games for the newbies, considering that it might do more bad than good for them, but we've started already)
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 266 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 136
Rex 46
UpATreeSC 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34587
Calm 3412
Shuttle 2272
Jaedong 1759
Mini 625
Horang2 623
EffOrt 501
Stork 317
Soma 316
Rush 282
[ Show more ]
Larva 256
Soulkey 254
ZerO 219
BeSt 207
Snow 162
firebathero 109
Mong 106
Zeus 96
910 78
hero 77
Mind 67
sorry 52
Hyun 42
Free 38
Shinee 38
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 28
Shine 26
PianO 25
Killer 24
Aegong 23
JYJ 21
Terrorterran 21
Bale 19
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
HiyA 12
Hm[arnc] 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5693
Dendi1231
420jenkins228
Counter-Strike
fl0m3787
x6flipin640
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2146
Liquid`RaSZi1222
hiko655
B2W.Neo647
dupreeh511
ceh9345
RotterdaM319
crisheroes305
Khaldor291
Livibee196
TKL 175
QueenE106
Trikslyr97
Dewaltoss62
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV253
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH293
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3212
• WagamamaTV427
League of Legends
• Nemesis2621
Other Games
• Shiphtur753
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 59m
INu's Battles
18h 59m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 59m
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.