• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:23
CEST 22:23
KST 05:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8036 users

Pick Your Power Interesting! - Page 31

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 82 Next
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
October 14 2011 21:43 GMT
#601
On October 15 2011 06:22 hiro protagonist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 06:20 wherebugsgo wrote:
Wtf why on earth would the scumteams NOT run for mayor?

Are you seriously that naive/bad?


I'll let you think about it for awhile...


I for one would be interested to hear you expound upon this, why would scum see it as a bad idea to have someone in a mayor office, who cant die until the bodygaurd does, and who can choose the lynch day1?
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
October 14 2011 21:48 GMT
#602
Well they CAN die by lynch. That's the only way they can die (or self sacrifice for a few roles) until the BGs die.

I assumed something about what hiro was implying but hiro can explain himself since I have no idea what his logic is.
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
October 14 2011 21:52 GMT
#603
hmmm, I forgot about role thief. but all of the vote fixing ones arnt so bad. Dont forget that other mafia factions will want to kill the mafia mayor as well. Thats a lot of heat to take when (which is just my opinion) you would want to stay more undercover as scum from other scum.

Thanks for sharing that bugs. I had forgot about some of those roles.
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
October 14 2011 21:54 GMT
#604
On October 15 2011 06:43 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 06:22 hiro protagonist wrote:
On October 15 2011 06:20 wherebugsgo wrote:
Wtf why on earth would the scumteams NOT run for mayor?

Are you seriously that naive/bad?


I'll let you think about it for awhile...


I for one would be interested to hear you expound upon this, why would scum see it as a bad idea to have someone in a mayor office, who cant die until the bodygaurd does, and who can choose the lynch day1?


they can both die by lynch.
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
October 14 2011 22:01 GMT
#605
On October 15 2011 06:54 hiro protagonist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 06:43 GreYMisT wrote:
On October 15 2011 06:22 hiro protagonist wrote:
On October 15 2011 06:20 wherebugsgo wrote:
Wtf why on earth would the scumteams NOT run for mayor?

Are you seriously that naive/bad?


I'll let you think about it for awhile...


I for one would be interested to hear you expound upon this, why would scum see it as a bad idea to have someone in a mayor office, who cant die until the bodygaurd does, and who can choose the lynch day1?


they can both die by lynch.


well yea but so can scum that arnt in office.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
October 14 2011 22:04 GMT
#606
My logic is that mayor and pardoner will be under alot of scrutiny, and without a solid way of hiding the fact that your mafia, there is not as much incentive for grabbing the big seat. Those thinking that agent of chaos/ackbar or suicide roles for mayor are good for mafia should realize that the game is to be the last one standing, not "kill as many people that visit me/and I die as well"

but as bugs pointed out, there are alot of combos. maybe more than he posted or that I thought of. so now Im not so sure.
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
October 14 2011 22:11 GMT
#607
On October 15 2011 07:04 hiro protagonist wrote:
My logic is that mayor and pardoner will be under alot of scrutiny, and without a solid way of hiding the fact that your mafia, there is not as much incentive for grabbing the big seat. Those thinking that agent of chaos/ackbar or suicide roles for mayor are good for mafia should realize that the game is to be the last one standing, not "kill as many people that visit me/and I die as well"

but as bugs pointed out, there are alot of combos. maybe more than he posted or that I thought of. so now Im not so sure.


I remember someone said that mayor is DT checkable but when I filter Prot I don't see him say this at all. If the mayor isn't DT checkable then that's a solid way of hiding.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
October 14 2011 22:14 GMT
#608
Anyways, bugs assumed right, that i was implying that dt checks would make going for mayor a bad idea, and only thought godfather and framer as the must have roles to try it.

speaking of framer, DropBear, you never said if you got that role or not.
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
October 14 2011 22:15 GMT
#609
On October 03 2011 14:51 Protactinium wrote:
Role Changelog:
Elected officials no longer are immune to role checks.

NRA members no longer show up as vanilla to investigations.

Qatol is no longer immune to role checks.

Agent of Chaos can no longer be subbed in as a bodyguard. They must be elected into office in order to activate their power.

Bone Breaker role added.

"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
October 14 2011 22:15 GMT
#610
WBG I have been asleep not "noticeably absent" not even I am around 24h a day.

Addressing a few points brought up

1) I never said people should not analyze, don't be dense. I said you should spend more time analyzing other townies I even gave a brief idea of the types of things people should be looking for instead of using traditional scum hunting as their basis for determining someone's townieness.

And I will do plenty of scum hunting, I will put my track record of scum hunting up against almost anyone's. No one should have any concerns about that.

2) My day 0 posting has been bashed a little bit. Take a second and actually look at my day 0 posting. I did not post 5000 times about plans that everyone has agreed now are pretty much null tells. However, I did support kita's idea of turning Ace into a vigi that could only shoot mafia and I brought up the point that JOAT should not be delegated because it is the easiest role for mafia to drop to their teammates. Neither of these are major points but they both ONLY help town and harm mafia. I am not trying to put on some act to appear pro town I posted when I saw something that could be guaranteed to directly help the town and not mafia.

Outside of that I have already talked extensively to at least half the town on irc/skype/etc. And I will talk to anyone who wants to talk to me. If you have your doubts about me being town then message me on skype/irc/aim/etc. I will discuss ideas and give my opinions to anyone.

If you don't want to take syllo or sandroba's word that I am likely town that's fine. Message me yourself and we can discuss any concerns you have.
Moderator
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
October 14 2011 22:29 GMT
#611
On October 15 2011 07:15 hiro protagonist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2011 14:51 Protactinium wrote:
Role Changelog:
Elected officials no longer are immune to role checks.

NRA members no longer show up as vanilla to investigations.

Qatol is no longer immune to role checks.

Agent of Chaos can no longer be subbed in as a bodyguard. They must be elected into office in order to activate their power.

Bone Breaker role added.



Ok thanks, I was looking for mayor and not elected officials.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
October 14 2011 22:34 GMT
#612
On October 15 2011 06:52 hiro protagonist wrote:
hmmm, I forgot about role thief. but all of the vote fixing ones arnt so bad. Dont forget that other mafia factions will want to kill the mafia mayor as well. Thats a lot of heat to take when (which is just my opinion) you would want to stay more undercover as scum from other scum.

Thanks for sharing that bugs. I had forgot about some of those roles.


NRA member as mayor would be really bad as well.

He gets checked and then the DT gets shot...pretty bad.

Just the possibility of the mayor being PGO/NRA member would probably turn off some people from checking him. We have to keep the mayor accountable through the thread after he is elected, and of course make sure we elect someone who is a townie.

As for Mig, we have taken this to PMs. I will post anything that I deem to be relevant in the thread over the course of the thread

+ Show Spoiler +
fuck homework mafia all the way
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
October 14 2011 22:56 GMT
#613
Can the Qatol role ban the Mayors role?

Or do the bodyguards prevent this?
Life can only kill you once.
JACCUZISPLAT
Profile Joined October 2011
Uzbekistan76 Posts
October 14 2011 23:36 GMT
#614
syllogism instantly trusts mig in every pm game. he claimed to him day 1 of kurumi's tf2 mafia via pm because he thought mig was town. syllogism just has a hard on for mig, so him having a town read on him means absolutely nothing.

hiro is scum.

Honestly if you're town think long and hard not about who's the best player but who's town. that's the important thing for mayor/pardoner this game. Currently i don't have a solid enough town read on any of the candidates. So my vote stays on myself for now.
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEE *Boom*
JACCUZISPLAT
Profile Joined October 2011
Uzbekistan76 Posts
October 14 2011 23:37 GMT
#615
Inventor

At night you can invent anything you feel like. Give someone a gun with 1 bullet, give someone more bullets, a med-kit, a detective kit, a telephone or whatever else you can think of. PM me what you want to invent and what player you want to give it to. Of course if you're invention is totally game breaking I won't allow it and you have to invent something else. Be creative ^_^. You can't give yourself anything, and you must tell me how your invention works so I can PM the other player (you cannot trick them to how the invention works). In the Day post there will be a message letting everyone know what was invented, but not who it was given to. You can only invent the same thing (or something very similar) once, and each invention can only be used once by the target. Lastly, you can only give one invention to each player until the remaining alive players have all received an invention.


so you can't make a police radio that gives the wrong results.
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEE *Boom*
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
October 14 2011 23:38 GMT
#616
Ideally we want a good scumhunter as Mayor. Don't forget that even if that person is mafia, they will help by hunting down rival mafia members. Of course this is a worst case scenario and having a town mayor is much more preferable.

As of now, I don't feel comfortable voting for someone high on the draft list, as having a mafia with a powerful role as mayor is a lot worse than having a vanilla mafia as mayor.

As such, I'm putting my vote on Radfield for now.
JimboSilvers
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom167 Posts
October 14 2011 23:39 GMT
#617
This was already answered. Elected roles can be banned.
JimboSilvers
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom167 Posts
October 14 2011 23:42 GMT
#618
On October 15 2011 08:37 JACCUZISPLAT wrote:
Inventor

Show nested quote +
At night you can invent anything you feel like. Give someone a gun with 1 bullet, give someone more bullets, a med-kit, a detective kit, a telephone or whatever else you can think of. PM me what you want to invent and what player you want to give it to. Of course if you're invention is totally game breaking I won't allow it and you have to invent something else. Be creative ^_^. You can't give yourself anything, and you must tell me how your invention works so I can PM the other player (you cannot trick them to how the invention works). In the Day post there will be a message letting everyone know what was invented, but not who it was given to. You can only invent the same thing (or something very similar) once, and each invention can only be used once by the target. Lastly, you can only give one invention to each player until the remaining alive players have all received an invention.


so you can't make a police radio that gives the wrong results.


You can give the invention to a team mate, and have them use it.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
October 14 2011 23:52 GMT
#619
On October 15 2011 08:37 JACCUZISPLAT wrote:
Inventor

Show nested quote +
At night you can invent anything you feel like. Give someone a gun with 1 bullet, give someone more bullets, a med-kit, a detective kit, a telephone or whatever else you can think of. PM me what you want to invent and what player you want to give it to. Of course if you're invention is totally game breaking I won't allow it and you have to invent something else. Be creative ^_^. You can't give yourself anything, and you must tell me how your invention works so I can PM the other player (you cannot trick them to how the invention works). In the Day post there will be a message letting everyone know what was invented, but not who it was given to. You can only invent the same thing (or something very similar) once, and each invention can only be used once by the target. Lastly, you can only give one invention to each player until the remaining alive players have all received an invention.


so you can't make a police radio that gives the wrong results.



Also, every single detective will know the results were false since the broadcast results don't match with the results that they received. You will have 4 or 5 players pushing to lynch the inventor immediately.

On October 15 2011 08:39 JimboSilvers wrote:
This was already answered. Elected roles can be banned.


No, Elected roles CANNOT be banned. They are not roles, they are elected officials.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
October 14 2011 23:53 GMT
#620
On October 14 2011 02:50 Protactinium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2011 23:18 kitaman27 wrote:
Can the Qatol role ban the powers of the pardoner?

Mayor and Pardoner are not considered roles, they are considered elected offices. So yes, the Qatol role can ban the Pardoner/Mayor, but it would only remove the powers given to them by their role (the one they picked). They would still retain their mayor/pardoner powers.
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 02:09 DropBear wrote:
Can Framer make their target appear as third party?

There are 4 parties. Framer can make his target look like any one of them

Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 159
ProTech145
JuggernautJason64
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 192
Dewaltoss 114
Hyuk 71
Bale 17
Dota 2
Gorgc10182
League of Legends
Doublelift1021
Counter-Strike
fl0m1591
Fnx 758
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4465
Khaldor1031
crisheroes1013
Liquid`Hasu569
Other Games
summit1g6805
FrodaN2313
shahzam424
KnowMe341
XBOCT294
C9.Mang0205
ArmadaUGS152
ZombieGrub30
Trikslyr26
CosmosSc2 22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV273
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH355
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie992
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 38m
Online Event
14h 38m
FEL
19h 38m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.