• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:37
CEST 12:37
KST 19:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9626 users

Closed Casket Mafia - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 73 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 28 2011 19:56 GMT
#381
On June 29 2011 04:55 Kurumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 04:41 Palmar wrote:
On June 29 2011 04:20 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On June 29 2011 04:15 Palmar wrote:
I don't like either of the lynch targets at the moment.

Chaoser/VisEyes is being voted for not contributing, but well... he got replaced out of the game because he didn't have time, and VisEyes just came in.

deconduo's actions make no sense at all, not as mafia and not as town. It's astonishing he did what he did, but my best bet at the moment is to put it down to terrible town play. We can always lynch him tomorrow if the mafia doesn't end him.

So, in my opinion we need to think up a new lynch.

I don't think it was for lack of contributing so much as what the little Chaoser contributed was. Some shitty list which could be used to feign actually being active, and then VisceraEyes attacking you when you appear pro town. I was actually going to suggest switching to Kurumi as well until I saw VisceraEyes first contribution attacking town players.


Is chaoser honestly that stupid. Like I don't think anyone in this game really thinks that posting lists somehow counts for contribution. I'd much rather kill Kurumi and see what VisEyes is up to. Trust me VisEyes has a bit of a thing for trying to lynch me and he really likes to misread stuff.

Though, in all honesty, I want to lynch Radfield. I think that'd be our best lynch today.

Sure You want to lynch Radfield scum,You killed GMarshal now You need to get rid of Radfield. Classic. I might contribute but since noone's making a case against me (just "herp derp he is trolling,so is Caller but he is scum Caller is not" nonsense)
Also, thirteen wait for another transmission.


I wish I was a vigi so I could shoot you.

The attitude "I'm not contributing until I'm forced to" just enrages me.

If you think you're a funny troll, consider yourself successful, I genuinely mad at you.
Computer says mafia
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
June 28 2011 19:57 GMT
#382
On June 29 2011 04:55 Kurumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 04:41 Palmar wrote:
On June 29 2011 04:20 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On June 29 2011 04:15 Palmar wrote:
I don't like either of the lynch targets at the moment.

Chaoser/VisEyes is being voted for not contributing, but well... he got replaced out of the game because he didn't have time, and VisEyes just came in.

deconduo's actions make no sense at all, not as mafia and not as town. It's astonishing he did what he did, but my best bet at the moment is to put it down to terrible town play. We can always lynch him tomorrow if the mafia doesn't end him.

So, in my opinion we need to think up a new lynch.

I don't think it was for lack of contributing so much as what the little Chaoser contributed was. Some shitty list which could be used to feign actually being active, and then VisceraEyes attacking you when you appear pro town. I was actually going to suggest switching to Kurumi as well until I saw VisceraEyes first contribution attacking town players.


Is chaoser honestly that stupid. Like I don't think anyone in this game really thinks that posting lists somehow counts for contribution. I'd much rather kill Kurumi and see what VisEyes is up to. Trust me VisEyes has a bit of a thing for trying to lynch me and he really likes to misread stuff.

Though, in all honesty, I want to lynch Radfield. I think that'd be our best lynch today.

Sure You want to lynch Radfield scum,You killed GMarshal now You need to get rid of Radfield. Classic. I might contribute but since noone's making a case against me (just "herp derp he is trolling,so is Caller but he is scum Caller is not" nonsense)
Also, thirteen wait for another transmission.

lol is this a joke? You just said that you might contribute, but since no one is making a case against you fuck it?

I am officially okay with killing Kurumi instead of viscera and giving viscera another day for redemption.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 28 2011 19:57 GMT
#383
See, I'm so mad I forget random words.

EBWOP

I am genuinely mad at you.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 28 2011 19:59 GMT
#384
##Unvote Radfield
##Vote Kurumi


For reasons stated in my analysis and following posts. And also, cause if he can't be arsed playing, I can't be arsed playing with him.
Computer says mafia
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
June 28 2011 19:59 GMT
#385
Well,people accuse me without any case going on and want force me to speed up things I am doing right now,I was busy breadcrumbing my role,let me work seriously now,because this is heading ridiculously wrong.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
June 28 2011 20:03 GMT
#386
On June 29 2011 02:57 Caller wrote:
also, ilovejonn is mafia


First thing you've said that I agree with. Someone should start the ball rolling here as time is of the essence. I'll push it when I get off tonight.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
June 28 2011 20:05 GMT
#387
On June 29 2011 04:59 Kurumi wrote:
Well,people accuse me without any case going on and want force me to speed up things I am doing right now,I was busy breadcrumbing my role,let me work seriously now,because this is heading ridiculously wrong.

You have 1.5 hours to produce something useful then I switch my vote.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
June 28 2011 20:22 GMT
#388
On June 29 2011 05:03 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 02:57 Caller wrote:
also, ilovejonn is mafia


First thing you've said that I agree with. Someone should start the ball rolling here as time is of the essence. I'll push it when I get off tonight.

Please, if you have time to post right now if you're at work or whatever then do it right now. I'd love to see how I'm the strongest case for Day 1 lynch. Oh, and what happened to we should lynch inactive/lurkers? If you can convince the whole town to lynch me when I'm at work 6 pm - 1 am I'll be amazed, and also depressed. Remember when Radfield said it a Day 1 no-lynch isn't too bad? Yeah, that's where I disagree with him. There are plenty of lynch candidates right now.

Also, what happened to the people saying we should never no-lynch yet are not doing anything about it. Look at how many lone votes on a single person there are. The way things are heading right now by deadline comes there won't even be a lynch if we can't come down to 2 targets max.

I'm going to hold off on Vis since he just subbed in and made points allowing us to see where he stand on things, but my vote stays on deconduo. I don't know what he is trying to do but it's not helping town. How can he prove after the night that he is a vig and shot someone and not just scum/SK? As been said by tons of people it's all wifom.

We can either buckle down on 1 lurker/troll and 1 person we think is scummy, better than having more than 4 targets up for lynch. Kurumi/Caller + deconduo would be my choices. FOS on people voting for no reason and people having a lone vote on very weak cases.
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
June 28 2011 20:22 GMT
#389
On June 29 2011 05:05 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 04:59 Kurumi wrote:
Well,people accuse me without any case going on and want force me to speed up things I am doing right now,I was busy breadcrumbing my role,let me work seriously now,because this is heading ridiculously wrong.

You have 1.5 hours to produce something useful then I switch my vote.

Good luck with that. He'll herp derp one liners until the end of the game if he lasts that long regardless of his alignment. He will find a way to fos everybody before the game is over. This is how he has acted in all 3 games I've been in with him. It's very frustrating.
Life can only kill you once.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 28 2011 20:25 GMT
#390
On June 29 2011 05:22 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 05:05 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On June 29 2011 04:59 Kurumi wrote:
Well,people accuse me without any case going on and want force me to speed up things I am doing right now,I was busy breadcrumbing my role,let me work seriously now,because this is heading ridiculously wrong.

You have 1.5 hours to produce something useful then I switch my vote.

Good luck with that. He'll herp derp one liners until the end of the game if he lasts that long regardless of his alignment. He will find a way to fos everybody before the game is over. This is how he has acted in all 3 games I've been in with him. It's very frustrating.


So let's just get rid of him?
Computer says mafia
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
June 28 2011 20:35 GMT
#391
On June 29 2011 05:25 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 05:22 Jackal58 wrote:
On June 29 2011 05:05 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On June 29 2011 04:59 Kurumi wrote:
Well,people accuse me without any case going on and want force me to speed up things I am doing right now,I was busy breadcrumbing my role,let me work seriously now,because this is heading ridiculously wrong.

You have 1.5 hours to produce something useful then I switch my vote.

Good luck with that. He'll herp derp one liners until the end of the game if he lasts that long regardless of his alignment. He will find a way to fos everybody before the game is over. This is how he has acted in all 3 games I've been in with him. It's very frustrating.


So let's just get rid of him?

The problem I have with that atm is I think he's most likely town. I don't subscribe to the "useless townie" theory. Useless townies are inactive and the host deals with them through modkills. The one time I pushed the useless townie card was on Bill Murray. It almost cost us the game. I'd rather not revisit that scenario.
Life can only kill you once.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
June 28 2011 20:38 GMT
#392
Why Hesmyrr or Palmar are Scum

Let's look at what Hesmyrr contributed before he got replaced...
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 26 2011 03:29 Hesmyrr wrote:
SO. MUCH. WOT. ARGUARGUARGU /confirm

GMarshal, about
Show nested quote +
So we hang any dt who claims to have found mafia and then we lynch their claimed check
, why are lynching DT claim first? I know every guilty result claim should be regarded with skepticism (especially when one consecutively claims to have found guilty in which case your statement might be justified) but as long as the possibility of coroner - or any role that can somehow 'check' validity of one's statement - exists it should be net loss for us to lynch the DT first.

Radfield basically ninja tl;dr'd what I wanted to say.

Noone gives a damn that someone said what You wanted to. Voice Your opinion in Your OWN words,when You agree with something,BACK THE SHIT UP.

Also look at his addition to "lynch DT before his claimed guilty" He says that we should lynch DT's target and make Coroner check the dead body.. What this gives us?


WIFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. A lot.
So:
DT says X is Mafia.
We lynch X.
REAL Coroner reveals(OH MY GOD YOU ARE DEAD SON) and confirms that the dead guy is scum.
Yay,two real blues revealed! Good deal for mafia.

False DT says X is Mafia (he is not)
We lynch X.
False Coroner reveals and confirms that the dead guy was indeed Mafia.
Hooray,our lynches are now Scum's!

False DT says X is Mafia (he is not)
Real Coroner denies it.

Now even more Wifom emerges and I am already tired of thinking how bad could it end when scenarios like that appear.
The other post is about how terrible Toy Factory Mafia was for Town or shit like that,we're done with Hesmyrr's posts. Yeah.

Now Palmar.
He jumps into a game with a plan.. TERRIBLE PLAN. Well,for us,not for them Scum.
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 28 2011 09:21 Palmar wrote:
I seem to have entered the thread at a great time.

The town is lost in disarray, confusion and fear, but no longer do you have to suffer from this, as your savior has arrived. Since I missed all the fun on discussing policies, I'll chime in on them a bit.

Vigs should shoot first night, and every night there after. I don't care if this means the game is shorter, it means that higher percentage of the kills are town kills, and thus in effect reducing the number of mafia kills. As any vig hit is guaranteed not to hit one townie, it has a slightly higher chance of success than a lynch. So fire away my friends!

Any people pushing for no lynches, or no shooting are not my friends.

Also, deconduo is probably scum. I suggest we either lynch him or ask for a specific kill target or something.

I also think Kurumi is scum, but I guess that can wait a bit.



He suggests that we should make our furniture from bodies,sounds fun. Sure that Vigilante shooting won't shoot himself,but since it is no-flip NOTHING is confirmed. You shot 100% Scum in Your eyes? Better pray he wasn't last Coroner. You shot semi-lurking guy? He better wasn't DT who had 2 Red checks in his pocket. Also shooting like that gives even more chaos.

"I think X was Mafia shot!"
"I think it was Z,he was active!"

Fuck that,we had two kills Night 0 which were something we totally did not expect. Vigilantes are not for shooting randomly,Vigilantes are DTs who give confirmed checks in any other game. In this game,they're KILLERS. They don't prove anything,they only silence the person they killed.
I'd like You to look at this sentence
Any people pushing for no lynches, or no shooting are not my friends.

END. Where's Your voice about no lynches? Why is it bad? You just threw it out like that.
"NO LYNCHES ARE BAD SON AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE YOUR DADDY"
Nope.
He brings two scum suspects,one already under pressure and other flying under the radar. He leaves a spot for Deconduo to "redeem" himself,but in my case,he is like:
"He is scum,but this isn't our priority now"
Wat. Really? If I am scum,PUSH MY LYNCH,GET ME DEAD. I am scum right? Well,in Your eyes maybe yes,but I know my role. 13 2 6 3 2 2 13
Now pardon me for a bit.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
June 28 2011 20:42 GMT
#393
On June 28 2011 22:20 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2011 22:13 Kurumi wrote:
On June 28 2011 22:11 Palmar wrote:
On June 28 2011 22:09 Kurumi wrote:
Palmar,You were the guy who said mass shooting is acceptable in this game. It is not.


It is.

I forgot for a while You're scum,sorry.


I probably shouldn't bother trying to explain this to you, but some of the vigs might read this and actually get the idea.

assume a hypothetical situation, 7town vs 2mafia.

assume worst case scenario, town mislynches every time. there is a vigi in game.

cycle 1 7v2

lynch (can hit town or mafia)
maf kill (can only hit town

cycle 2 5v2

lynch (can hit town or mafia)
maf kill (can only hit town)

cycle 3 3v2

lynch (can hit town or mafia)

Game over.

In this scenario, three out of the 5 kills it takes to end the game, were town sided kills. Now let's assume we have a batshit insane compulsive vigilante.

cycle 1 7v2

lynch (can hit town or mafia)
vig shot (can hit town or mafia, but not vigilante)
maf kill (can only hit town)


cycle 2 4v2

lync (can hit town or mafia)
vig shot (can hit town or mafia, but not vigilante)

Game over.

In this scenario, the town gets 4 of the 5 kills it takes to end the game.

Vigilantes should be shooting the first night, and every night there after, especially in a game where we don't know the role-setup and the flips don't mean anything, so any clever mafia is just going to keep random distance between all it's members.


My problem with your 'statistically viable scenario' is that it assumes that a vig is still present after Cycle 1 in both scenarios. You claimed that it was a worst-case scenario, why not erase all the vigs after the first cycle? Especially since you're putting such importance on them. It seems to me that Mafia could luck into killing a vig AS WELL AS town could unknowingly lynch a different vig. THAT would be worst-case scenario.

This math is absolutely illogical and means absolutely nothing. Anyone swayed by it in THIS particular game is here by a fluke. Palmar is talking nonsense and should be lynched. Today.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
June 28 2011 20:45 GMT
#394
On June 29 2011 05:22 ilovejonn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 05:03 Radfield wrote:
On June 29 2011 02:57 Caller wrote:
also, ilovejonn is mafia


First thing you've said that I agree with. Someone should start the ball rolling here as time is of the essence. I'll push it when I get off tonight.

Please, if you have time to post right now if you're at work or whatever then do it right now. I'd love to see how I'm the strongest case for Day 1 lynch. Oh, and what happened to we should lynch inactive/lurkers? If you can convince the whole town to lynch me when I'm at work 6 pm - 1 am I'll be amazed, and also depressed. Remember when Radfield said it a Day 1 no-lynch isn't too bad? Yeah, that's where I disagree with him. There are plenty of lynch candidates right now.

Also, what happened to the people saying we should never no-lynch yet are not doing anything about it. Look at how many lone votes on a single person there are. The way things are heading right now by deadline comes there won't even be a lynch if we can't come down to 2 targets max.

I'm going to hold off on Vis since he just subbed in and made points allowing us to see where he stand on things, but my vote stays on deconduo. I don't know what he is trying to do but it's not helping town. How can he prove after the night that he is a vig and shot someone and not just scum/SK? As been said by tons of people it's all wifom.

We can either buckle down on 1 lurker/troll and 1 person we think is scummy, better than having more than 4 targets up for lynch. Kurumi/Caller + deconduo would be my choices. FOS on people voting for no reason and people having a lone vote on very weak cases.

Do you see the contradiction here?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
June 28 2011 20:46 GMT
#395
On June 29 2011 05:35 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 05:25 Palmar wrote:
On June 29 2011 05:22 Jackal58 wrote:
On June 29 2011 05:05 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On June 29 2011 04:59 Kurumi wrote:
Well,people accuse me without any case going on and want force me to speed up things I am doing right now,I was busy breadcrumbing my role,let me work seriously now,because this is heading ridiculously wrong.

You have 1.5 hours to produce something useful then I switch my vote.

Good luck with that. He'll herp derp one liners until the end of the game if he lasts that long regardless of his alignment. He will find a way to fos everybody before the game is over. This is how he has acted in all 3 games I've been in with him. It's very frustrating.


So let's just get rid of him?

The problem I have with that atm is I think he's most likely town. I don't subscribe to the "useless townie" theory. Useless townies are inactive and the host deals with them through modkills. The one time I pushed the useless townie card was on Bill Murray. It almost cost us the game. I'd rather not revisit that scenario.

I agree sort of, but apparently yelling at him and saying we are going to kill him right now was the only way to get him to actually write something. Kurumi seriously, if you aren't going to willingly post or contribute, why even bother playing?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 28 2011 20:46 GMT
#396
It's simple math, and even with a vigi kill, mafia kill and lynch every night, plus 1-2 one shot abilities, the game will last at least 4 cycles (probably more) which is more than enough for any analysis you might want to do.

Vigilantes are killers, yes. But hopefully their shots are educated guesses and they have higher statistical chance of hitting mafia than any other kill in the game.

Wanting to not use that tool, would be... insane
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
June 28 2011 20:51 GMT
#397
I'm not saying don't use the tool Palmar, that's not what I'm saying at all.

What I'm saying is that we shouldn't just have them blindly shooting every single cycle just because they can. It WILL hurt town as they WILL hit more town than scum. Save Vig shots for people who are clearly and obviously scummy. Granted, you won't get as much of that in this PARTICULAR game, but just having them fire at random people every opportunity would be........insane.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
June 28 2011 20:51 GMT
#398
On June 29 2011 05:38 Kurumi wrote:
Why Hesmyrr or Palmar are Scum

Let's look at what Hesmyrr contributed before he got replaced...
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 26 2011 03:29 Hesmyrr wrote:
SO. MUCH. WOT. ARGUARGUARGU /confirm

GMarshal, about
Show nested quote +
So we hang any dt who claims to have found mafia and then we lynch their claimed check
, why are lynching DT claim first? I know every guilty result claim should be regarded with skepticism (especially when one consecutively claims to have found guilty in which case your statement might be justified) but as long as the possibility of coroner - or any role that can somehow 'check' validity of one's statement - exists it should be net loss for us to lynch the DT first.

Radfield basically ninja tl;dr'd what I wanted to say.

Noone gives a damn that someone said what You wanted to. Voice Your opinion in Your OWN words,when You agree with something,BACK THE SHIT UP.

Also look at his addition to "lynch DT before his claimed guilty" He says that we should lynch DT's target and make Coroner check the dead body.. What this gives us?


WIFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. A lot.
So:
DT says X is Mafia.
We lynch X.
REAL Coroner reveals(OH MY GOD YOU ARE DEAD SON) and confirms that the dead guy is scum.
Yay,two real blues revealed! Good deal for mafia.

False DT says X is Mafia (he is not)
We lynch X.
False Coroner reveals and confirms that the dead guy was indeed Mafia.
Hooray,our lynches are now Scum's!

False DT says X is Mafia (he is not)
Real Coroner denies it.

Now even more Wifom emerges and I am already tired of thinking how bad could it end when scenarios like that appear.
The other post is about how terrible Toy Factory Mafia was for Town or shit like that,we're done with Hesmyrr's posts. Yeah.

Now Palmar.
He jumps into a game with a plan.. TERRIBLE PLAN. Well,for us,not for them Scum.
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 28 2011 09:21 Palmar wrote:
I seem to have entered the thread at a great time.

The town is lost in disarray, confusion and fear, but no longer do you have to suffer from this, as your savior has arrived. Since I missed all the fun on discussing policies, I'll chime in on them a bit.

Vigs should shoot first night, and every night there after. I don't care if this means the game is shorter, it means that higher percentage of the kills are town kills, and thus in effect reducing the number of mafia kills. As any vig hit is guaranteed not to hit one townie, it has a slightly higher chance of success than a lynch. So fire away my friends!

Any people pushing for no lynches, or no shooting are not my friends.

Also, deconduo is probably scum. I suggest we either lynch him or ask for a specific kill target or something.

I also think Kurumi is scum, but I guess that can wait a bit.



He suggests that we should make our furniture from bodies,sounds fun. Sure that Vigilante shooting won't shoot himself,but since it is no-flip NOTHING is confirmed. You shot 100% Scum in Your eyes? Better pray he wasn't last Coroner. You shot semi-lurking guy? He better wasn't DT who had 2 Red checks in his pocket. Also shooting like that gives even more chaos.

"I think X was Mafia shot!"
"I think it was Z,he was active!"

Fuck that,we had two kills Night 0 which were something we totally did not expect. Vigilantes are not for shooting randomly,Vigilantes are DTs who give confirmed checks in any other game. In this game,they're KILLERS. They don't prove anything,they only silence the person they killed.
I'd like You to look at this sentence
Show nested quote +
Any people pushing for no lynches, or no shooting are not my friends.

END. Where's Your voice about no lynches? Why is it bad? You just threw it out like that.
"NO LYNCHES ARE BAD SON AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE YOUR DADDY"
Nope.
He brings two scum suspects,one already under pressure and other flying under the radar. He leaves a spot for Deconduo to "redeem" himself,but in my case,he is like:
"He is scum,but this isn't our priority now"
Wat. Really? If I am scum,PUSH MY LYNCH,GET ME DEAD. I am scum right? Well,in Your eyes maybe yes,but I know my role. 13 2 6 3 2 2 13
Now pardon me for a bit.

I should of read your post before writing. You realize like 90% of your post is based around some sort of fictitious coroner role which might not even exist? I mean, maybe it does, but we have no way of proving whether or not it does and therefore any plan based around absolute uncertainty is stupid.

I will have to find that post where hessmyr/palmar say to lynch the DT check and not the DT. We have beat that topic senseless. If you are stupid enough to claim DT when it can't be proved we will kill you first. If you DT check someone and they come back scum it really shouldn't be too hard to posts that make them look scummy and allow you to (rightfully) tunnel them.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 28 2011 20:52 GMT
#399
On June 29 2011 05:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2011 22:20 Palmar wrote:
On June 28 2011 22:13 Kurumi wrote:
On June 28 2011 22:11 Palmar wrote:
On June 28 2011 22:09 Kurumi wrote:
Palmar,You were the guy who said mass shooting is acceptable in this game. It is not.


It is.

I forgot for a while You're scum,sorry.


I probably shouldn't bother trying to explain this to you, but some of the vigs might read this and actually get the idea.

assume a hypothetical situation, 7town vs 2mafia.

assume worst case scenario, town mislynches every time. there is a vigi in game.

cycle 1 7v2

lynch (can hit town or mafia)
maf kill (can only hit town

cycle 2 5v2

lynch (can hit town or mafia)
maf kill (can only hit town)

cycle 3 3v2

lynch (can hit town or mafia)

Game over.

In this scenario, three out of the 5 kills it takes to end the game, were town sided kills. Now let's assume we have a batshit insane compulsive vigilante.

cycle 1 7v2

lynch (can hit town or mafia)
vig shot (can hit town or mafia, but not vigilante)
maf kill (can only hit town)


cycle 2 4v2

lync (can hit town or mafia)
vig shot (can hit town or mafia, but not vigilante)

Game over.

In this scenario, the town gets 4 of the 5 kills it takes to end the game.

Vigilantes should be shooting the first night, and every night there after, especially in a game where we don't know the role-setup and the flips don't mean anything, so any clever mafia is just going to keep random distance between all it's members.


My problem with your 'statistically viable scenario' is that it assumes that a vig is still present after Cycle 1 in both scenarios. You claimed that it was a worst-case scenario, why not erase all the vigs after the first cycle? Especially since you're putting such importance on them. It seems to me that Mafia could luck into killing a vig AS WELL AS town could unknowingly lynch a different vig. THAT would be worst-case scenario.

This math is absolutely illogical and means absolutely nothing. Anyone swayed by it in THIS particular game is here by a fluke. Palmar is talking nonsense and should be lynched. Today.


Sure but then you end up in the same scenario as before.

Like, I'm not going to argue for my "Vigis should shoot every night" anymore. I've gotten the message across, I believe it's the best scenario for town, and it's statistically good for town.

But sure, if that's all you've got, then by all means, keep playing badly.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 28 2011 20:54 GMT
#400
Btw, I totally don't agree with Hesmyrr about lynching the guilty report first.

So, while you can pretend it's a scumtell, it no longer applies to the player playing.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 10687
StarCastTV_EN310
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Lowko33
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11305
Bisu 3090
Jaedong 2784
EffOrt 1050
Horang2 375
ZerO 340
Larva 260
Zeus 230
Pusan 229
actioN 146
[ Show more ]
Mind 127
Hyun 124
Barracks 85
ggaemo 75
Yoon 48
Bale 45
Killer 44
scan(afreeca) 43
Sharp 39
NotJumperer 34
ToSsGirL 25
Sacsri 23
Shinee 23
Hm[arnc] 22
Terrorterran 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto79
League of Legends
JimRising 349
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1702
byalli279
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
ceh9657
crisheroes213
Sick181
Pyrionflax156
dupreeh104
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 159
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV301
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos1063
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 24m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.