• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8518 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 99

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 180 Next
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 01:59:42
October 24 2011 01:57 GMT
#1961
On October 24 2011 07:20 Protactinium wrote:
I am going to request 1 game bans for Mig and sinani206.

Mig breadcrumbed role PMs to syllogism, which is definitely something that is not allowed. While "no discussing role PMs" is not an explicit rule, "no posting/comparing times on role PMs" is. This ban request is certainly not unprecedented, as (bumatlarge?) was modkilled in Ace's game for breadcrumbing, and Curu was modkilled for the same in the last game (XLV). Given that Mig was playing and was aware of what was going on last game, there really should be no excuse for his behavior in this game. I propose at least a 1 game ban for him.

Ace's opinion because I'm guessing he won't post it here:
On October 24 2011 08:43 Ace wrote:
Even discussing whats in your role PM should be a 5 game ban at the minimum. Like this shit is common sense. Don't quote it, don't allude to it, don't ask "hey what is the 4th word in your role PM?", don't try and intentionally use a unique word in the role PM in casual chat, just fucking BAN PMs. God every fucking one of these PM based games have been absolute shit for the last 5 years. I don't know why you guys continue to do it. Add in a game with 3 Mafia factions that have to compete with each other + the Town for roles and you've got a disaster waiting to happen without some seriously great players.

But what do I know, I'm just some guy that's amazed Tranformers is showing on TBS and Transformers 2 is showing on FX at the same time.


My personal opinion is that it deserves at least a 3 game ban. He knew it was wrong when he was doing it (it was a problem in previous games), yet he did it anyways. I believe that merits a stern response.

Regarding Sinani, I agree with a 1 game ban. He was inactive enough to merit an inactivity modkill and I think we should treat it as if he was given one.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
October 24 2011 02:40 GMT
#1962
Iirc it was Deconduo in closed casket mafia who said a comment about Shady Iraqis only giving him one bullet for his gun, which was a direct reference o his role PM which says Shady Iraqis gave him two bullets. Caller picked up on it because they had the same role PM.

But yeah, trying to game the system is a pretty fucked up way to try to win or gain an advantage. Unless I am using a closed set up, I generally just put the role PM's in the OP.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
October 24 2011 03:15 GMT
#1963
On October 24 2011 11:40 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Iirc it was Deconduo in closed casket mafia who said a comment about Shady Iraqis only giving him one bullet for his gun, which was a direct reference o his role PM which says Shady Iraqis gave him two bullets. Caller picked up on it because they had the same role PM.

But yeah, trying to game the system is a pretty fucked up way to try to win or gain an advantage. Unless I am using a closed set up, I generally just put the role PM's in the OP.

While that's a good way to get around the problem, I still don't think that excuses what happened. People should know better.
Uff Da
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 05:15:59
October 24 2011 05:15 GMT
#1964
While breadcrumbing role PMs is, or should be, obviously against the rules, the way Mig did it didn't really affect the game as he was really vague about it. I'm a bit puzzled as to why hosts like to change role PMs from the ones they include in their OP anyway. Regardless, one game ban is still reasonable enough.
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
October 24 2011 05:18 GMT
#1965
On October 24 2011 07:20 Protactinium wrote:
I am going to request 1 game bans for Mig and sinani206.

Mig breadcrumbed role PMs to syllogism, which is definitely something that is not allowed. While "no discussing role PMs" is not an explicit rule, "no posting/comparing times on role PMs" is. This ban request is certainly not unprecedented, as (bumatlarge?) was modkilled in Ace's game for breadcrumbing, and Curu was modkilled for the same in the last game (XLV). Given that Mig was playing and was aware of what was going on last game, there really should be no excuse for his behavior in this game. I propose at least a 1 game ban for him.

sinani206 brings up an example of what seems to be happening fairly often in recent games. People join games, then after the game starts, send a PM asking to be replaced with little to no compelling reasons. I understand that sometimes something important unexpectedly comes up, but this is getting ridiculous. Reasons like "I just came back from vacation and am too busy" really don't cut it. The exemptions are there to grant leniency in serious emergency cases and should not be used liberally. In the past few games I think this leniency has been abused, and it is not fair to the hosts and players when you decide you want to be replaced without a serious excuse.

I think that because of the new trend of accepting replacements, people have taken their commitment to the game less seriously and are using replacements as an easy out. I don't think many of the people asking for replacements have ever hosted a game, but it is seriously a big headache to the host when they have to scramble on short notice to find a player to replace you. The replacement policy is not here to allow you to pass your burden off to the host when you dont want to play anymore. It is here primarily to deal with emergencies. When you sign up for a game, you are signalling your intention to play. Please take it seriously.

Lol.

For you three to ban Mig for something that isn't written precisely in the rules is so grossly hypocritical it's hilarious.
Sucker for nostalgia
tube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1475 Posts
October 24 2011 12:13 GMT
#1966
hi im sitting out newbie mini mafia
Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
October 24 2011 12:35 GMT
#1967
On October 24 2011 14:18 DropBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2011 07:20 Protactinium wrote:
I am going to request 1 game bans for Mig and sinani206.

Mig breadcrumbed role PMs to syllogism, which is definitely something that is not allowed. While "no discussing role PMs" is not an explicit rule, "no posting/comparing times on role PMs" is. This ban request is certainly not unprecedented, as (bumatlarge?) was modkilled in Ace's game for breadcrumbing, and Curu was modkilled for the same in the last game (XLV). Given that Mig was playing and was aware of what was going on last game, there really should be no excuse for his behavior in this game. I propose at least a 1 game ban for him.

sinani206 brings up an example of what seems to be happening fairly often in recent games. People join games, then after the game starts, send a PM asking to be replaced with little to no compelling reasons. I understand that sometimes something important unexpectedly comes up, but this is getting ridiculous. Reasons like "I just came back from vacation and am too busy" really don't cut it. The exemptions are there to grant leniency in serious emergency cases and should not be used liberally. In the past few games I think this leniency has been abused, and it is not fair to the hosts and players when you decide you want to be replaced without a serious excuse.

I think that because of the new trend of accepting replacements, people have taken their commitment to the game less seriously and are using replacements as an easy out. I don't think many of the people asking for replacements have ever hosted a game, but it is seriously a big headache to the host when they have to scramble on short notice to find a player to replace you. The replacement policy is not here to allow you to pass your burden off to the host when you dont want to play anymore. It is here primarily to deal with emergencies. When you sign up for a game, you are signalling your intention to play. Please take it seriously.

Lol.

For you three to ban Mig for something that isn't written precisely in the rules is so grossly hypocritical it's hilarious.

I´m also uncomfortable about this. If discussing role-PMs isn´t against the rules yet, then breadcrumbing them shouldn´t be either. If there´s a problem with this, then add it to the OP and let Mig off with just a warning.
:3
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
October 24 2011 13:53 GMT
#1968
On October 24 2011 21:35 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2011 14:18 DropBear wrote:
On October 24 2011 07:20 Protactinium wrote:
I am going to request 1 game bans for Mig and sinani206.

Mig breadcrumbed role PMs to syllogism, which is definitely something that is not allowed. While "no discussing role PMs" is not an explicit rule, "no posting/comparing times on role PMs" is. This ban request is certainly not unprecedented, as (bumatlarge?) was modkilled in Ace's game for breadcrumbing, and Curu was modkilled for the same in the last game (XLV). Given that Mig was playing and was aware of what was going on last game, there really should be no excuse for his behavior in this game. I propose at least a 1 game ban for him.

sinani206 brings up an example of what seems to be happening fairly often in recent games. People join games, then after the game starts, send a PM asking to be replaced with little to no compelling reasons. I understand that sometimes something important unexpectedly comes up, but this is getting ridiculous. Reasons like "I just came back from vacation and am too busy" really don't cut it. The exemptions are there to grant leniency in serious emergency cases and should not be used liberally. In the past few games I think this leniency has been abused, and it is not fair to the hosts and players when you decide you want to be replaced without a serious excuse.

I think that because of the new trend of accepting replacements, people have taken their commitment to the game less seriously and are using replacements as an easy out. I don't think many of the people asking for replacements have ever hosted a game, but it is seriously a big headache to the host when they have to scramble on short notice to find a player to replace you. The replacement policy is not here to allow you to pass your burden off to the host when you dont want to play anymore. It is here primarily to deal with emergencies. When you sign up for a game, you are signalling your intention to play. Please take it seriously.

Lol.

For you three to ban Mig for something that isn't written precisely in the rules is so grossly hypocritical it's hilarious.

I´m also uncomfortable about this. If discussing role-PMs isn´t against the rules yet, then breadcrumbing them shouldn´t be either. If there´s a problem with this, then add it to the OP and let Mig off with just a warning.

Huh? You actually want a rule in the OP for this? Things like this are the reason why the OPs got too long in the first place....
1. It's common sense. Doing something like this is totally against the spirit of the game.
2. It's a PM from the host. Last time I checked, you aren't allowed to be discussing those....
Uff Da
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 14:16:34
October 24 2011 13:59 GMT
#1969
On October 24 2011 21:35 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2011 14:18 DropBear wrote:
On October 24 2011 07:20 Protactinium wrote:
I am going to request 1 game bans for Mig and sinani206.

Mig breadcrumbed role PMs to syllogism, which is definitely something that is not allowed. While "no discussing role PMs" is not an explicit rule, "no posting/comparing times on role PMs" is. This ban request is certainly not unprecedented, as (bumatlarge?) was modkilled in Ace's game for breadcrumbing, and Curu was modkilled for the same in the last game (XLV). Given that Mig was playing and was aware of what was going on last game, there really should be no excuse for his behavior in this game. I propose at least a 1 game ban for him.

sinani206 brings up an example of what seems to be happening fairly often in recent games. People join games, then after the game starts, send a PM asking to be replaced with little to no compelling reasons. I understand that sometimes something important unexpectedly comes up, but this is getting ridiculous. Reasons like "I just came back from vacation and am too busy" really don't cut it. The exemptions are there to grant leniency in serious emergency cases and should not be used liberally. In the past few games I think this leniency has been abused, and it is not fair to the hosts and players when you decide you want to be replaced without a serious excuse.

I think that because of the new trend of accepting replacements, people have taken their commitment to the game less seriously and are using replacements as an easy out. I don't think many of the people asking for replacements have ever hosted a game, but it is seriously a big headache to the host when they have to scramble on short notice to find a player to replace you. The replacement policy is not here to allow you to pass your burden off to the host when you dont want to play anymore. It is here primarily to deal with emergencies. When you sign up for a game, you are signalling your intention to play. Please take it seriously.

Lol.

For you three to ban Mig for something that isn't written precisely in the rules is so grossly hypocritical it's hilarious.

I´m also uncomfortable about this. If discussing role-PMs isn´t against the rules yet, then breadcrumbing them shouldn´t be either. If there´s a problem with this, then add it to the OP and let Mig off with just a warning.


4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host.


It falls under 4/6. Discussing role-PMs has always been considered illegal. Else people would have been asking for role PMs from people in every single game. You can note that usually hosts say you are not allowed to post anything from your role PM. People have been banned/modkilled for it before so it's not the same at all to the Prot situation since account sharing hadn't really been ever discussed as an issue.

@Dropbear, drop the issue, the prot thing was handled and now it's done with, I don't see the need to bring it up again. Its not written precisely but it's alluded to a bunch of times that PM breadcrumbing/posting is wrong. Compared to the NOT WRITTEN AT ALL situation of account sharing it can be seen that the situations are wildly different. Mig is not only assistant mod in this forum but he also knew what he did was wrong

[17:30] <kitaman27> [21:52] <kitaman27> what in the skype conv made him think you were town?
[17:30] <kitaman27> [21:53] <Mig__> hm well honestly
[17:30] <kitaman27> [21:53] <Mig__> the town win con is a little different than op and I kind of breadcrumbed it to him in skype I probably shouldnt probably not fair
[17:30] <kitaman27> [21:56] <Mig__> and yea I wasnt really thinking when I did it also it doesnt prove I am town if hosts send an example pm to scum teams
[17:30] <kitaman27> [21:56] <Mig__> but I really shouldnt be breadcrumbing anything probably

He should be held to a high standard.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
October 24 2011 14:00 GMT
#1970
I think we need to draw the line between breadcrumbing the role and breadcrumbing the role PM... Because I think sometimes it's really useful to do that. I think referring to something exact in the role PM should be forbidden, but hinting that You have a weapon won't hurt anyone, right?
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
October 24 2011 14:14 GMT
#1971
hosts should be posting example role pms in the op or giving them to scum. this kind of thing breaks games.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
October 24 2011 14:27 GMT
#1972
Three games seems too severe for an issue that has happened 10+ times in the last year without resulting any bans. One game ban seems sufficient for the mistake. Perhaps we could discuss lengthening the standard ban for future occurances of this type.

Posting example role pms in the OP isn't always practical if the setup is closed. A host could post the standard town role pm, but suppose there are two "super cool vigilantes" in the setup. If the host doesn't want to reveal the role at the beginning of the game, they shouldn't have to worry about the two vigilantes confirming themselves to each other using the wording of the pm. The host could try to write unique role pms for each individual, but that's a lot of extra work.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
October 24 2011 14:32 GMT
#1973
On October 24 2011 23:14 redFF wrote:
hosts should be posting example role pms in the op or giving them to scum. this kind of thing breaks games.


Yes hosts might want to do this but again, this is a problem with PLAYERS. It's a common sense thing that shouldn't have to result in more work for the hosts/mods since the players can just choose not to mention anything about win conditions or PM breadcrumbs and such. Hosting is enough work as it is so I don't see why it needs to be more work for players who are basically coming in to enjoy the product of said work.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 20:07:01
October 24 2011 20:05 GMT
#1974
On October 24 2011 23:27 kitaman27 wrote:
Three games seems too severe for an issue that has happened 10+ times in the last year without resulting any bans. One game ban seems sufficient for the mistake. Perhaps we could discuss lengthening the standard ban for future occurances of this type.

Posting example role pms in the OP isn't always practical if the setup is closed. A host could post the standard town role pm, but suppose there are two "super cool vigilantes" in the setup. If the host doesn't want to reveal the role at the beginning of the game, they shouldn't have to worry about the two vigilantes confirming themselves to each other using the wording of the pm. The host could try to write unique role pms for each individual, but that's a lot of extra work.

The only reason it didn't result in bans before is because the hosts never requested bans for this before. It isn't really fair to use that history unless you want each previous host to discuss situationally why they didn't request a ban for this behavior in their game and then have us go back and decide whether that decision was appropriate or not.

On October 24 2011 23:00 Kurumi wrote:
I think we need to draw the line between breadcrumbing the role and breadcrumbing the role PM... Because I think sometimes it's really useful to do that. I think referring to something exact in the role PM should be forbidden, but hinting that You have a weapon won't hurt anyone, right?

And this is where we are drawing the line. It isn't like you can't still roleclaim or post the results of a rolecheck or whatever. The situations are pretty obviously different.
Uff Da
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
October 24 2011 20:15 GMT
#1975
On October 24 2011 23:00 Kurumi wrote:
I think we need to draw the line between breadcrumbing the role and breadcrumbing the role PM... Because I think sometimes it's really useful to do that. I think referring to something exact in the role PM should be forbidden, but hinting that You have a weapon won't hurt anyone, right?


There is no such thing as breadcrumbing a role. You can't do that. You can breadcrumb results of an investigation. That's all.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
October 24 2011 20:48 GMT
#1976
On October 25 2011 05:15 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2011 23:00 Kurumi wrote:
I think we need to draw the line between breadcrumbing the role and breadcrumbing the role PM... Because I think sometimes it's really useful to do that. I think referring to something exact in the role PM should be forbidden, but hinting that You have a weapon won't hurt anyone, right?


There is no such thing as breadcrumbing a role. You can't do that. You can breadcrumb results of an investigation. That's all.


Suppose you're a watcher and on day one you work the word watch into a post using the first capital letter of each sentence. Suppose later on at LYLO you role claim revealing a scum and point back to the day one post to show that you aren't coming up with a convienet result. Is that something that would be allowed?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
October 24 2011 20:50 GMT
#1977
On October 25 2011 05:48 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 05:15 Ace wrote:
On October 24 2011 23:00 Kurumi wrote:
I think we need to draw the line between breadcrumbing the role and breadcrumbing the role PM... Because I think sometimes it's really useful to do that. I think referring to something exact in the role PM should be forbidden, but hinting that You have a weapon won't hurt anyone, right?


There is no such thing as breadcrumbing a role. You can't do that. You can breadcrumb results of an investigation. That's all.


Suppose you're a watcher and on day one you work the word watch into a post using the first capital letter of each sentence. Suppose later on at LYLO you role claim revealing a scum and point back to the day one post to show that you aren't coming up with a convienet result. Is that something that would be allowed?

Kitaman nailed what I was thinking about.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
October 24 2011 20:52 GMT
#1978
Here is my perspective about Mig's situation, for what Its worth. These are the facts of the situation unless I am mistaken:

Mig breadcrumbed his role. In PMs during the game he even acknowledges that it was wrong. People arguing about the ambiguity of the breadcrumb have made points that stuff like this has gotten away before, and that it wasn't a direct post of the role he received, are correct in there observations. However, It does not change the fact that the spirit of the rule was broken.

IMO a ban in this situation is justifiable.

That said, I feel a 3 game ban on Mig is a bit much. He has never been Banned before. His intent was not of trying to break the game or ruin anyone's fun. It probably just slipped out in a way that he did not intend. this is of course all speculation at this point, and it would be great if Mig would speak up about his perspective before giving out the ban, as it would be good in judging his actions and intentions.
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
October 24 2011 21:13 GMT
#1979
While talking with syllo I was looking at my role pm and saw that the win con was worded differently and mentioned that to him. Didn't even really think about it when I did it. So just a dumb mistake on my part.

It is my own fault so 1/3/5 game bans whatever people want I won't argue against. I would request tho that a decision be made quickly if possible, so that I am not sitting in limbo for an extended period of time.
Moderator
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
October 24 2011 21:22 GMT
#1980
On October 25 2011 05:48 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 05:15 Ace wrote:
On October 24 2011 23:00 Kurumi wrote:
I think we need to draw the line between breadcrumbing the role and breadcrumbing the role PM... Because I think sometimes it's really useful to do that. I think referring to something exact in the role PM should be forbidden, but hinting that You have a weapon won't hurt anyone, right?


There is no such thing as breadcrumbing a role. You can't do that. You can breadcrumb results of an investigation. That's all.


Suppose you're a watcher and on day one you work the word watch into a post using the first capital letter of each sentence. Suppose later on at LYLO you role claim revealing a scum and point back to the day one post to show that you aren't coming up with a convienet result. Is that something that would be allowed?


Yes it would be allowed but it would be incredibly stupid. Nothing stops Scum from doing this either. However if you breadcrumb the result of your Watcher actions and then die, your flip will confirm your posts assuming people go back to read.

You don't breadcrumb your role because nothing stops the other side from doing it. I hope no one does this.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 497
ZZZero.O 182
Hyun 97
Dota 2
monkeys_forever373
League of Legends
Doublelift3760
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4502
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
summit1g13808
FrodaN1542
JimRising 341
KnowMe239
Livibee195
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick744
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra938
Other Games
• imaqtpie1081
• Shiphtur570
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 16m
Patches Events
16h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 16m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.