• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:43
CEST 11:43
KST 18:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7548 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 108

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 180 Next
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 12 2011 17:17 GMT
#2141
On November 13 2011 01:58 redFF wrote:
The one issue I have with the current system is that there's very little we can do if one person ins for every game and you don't want to play with that person. That's where wisdom of the crowds would help. Banlist is fine for inactivity modkills but for everything else it's inadequate.

We already have something like this in place. It was used in PYP:Insane. However, I don't think this should be used particularly often because it's basically banning people when they haven't actually done anything banworthy. But players are always able to tell the host that they won't play with X and the host can make a decision about letting X play based upon that.
Uff Da
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 12 2011 18:33 GMT
#2142
yes but if you set a limit where say 5 people have to complain about someone before they are removed we wouldn't encounter the issues we faced in pypi?
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 12 2011 18:57 GMT
#2143
On November 13 2011 03:33 redFF wrote:
yes but if you set a limit where say 5 people have to complain about someone before they are removed we wouldn't encounter the issues we faced in pypi?

Why do you need 5 people? Why isn't 1 enough? Let hosts make that call, don't force it on them.
Uff Da
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
November 13 2011 04:19 GMT
#2144
One game ban for hacklebeast for inactivity in Newbie Mini Mafia. Thanks.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
November 13 2011 05:19 GMT
#2145
OH! I remember what was the problem I had with the banlist! Cumulative bans!

The Banned Game Count applies to most modkills (including modkills for inactivity) and is calculated as follows: 2N - 1 where N = the number of times you have been banned. So the first time you get banned, your count is 1. The second time, your Count is 3. If you are modkilled for going inactive in 2 games at once, your Banned Game Count will be calculated as if you were modkilled in one game, but you will receive a warning upon being taken off the Ban List . We reserve the right to artificially inflate your Banned Game Count based upon conduct not meriting a semi-permanent ban, but also not meriting a standard ban.


I was banned a year ago. So if three years from now, I'm inactive in a game, it hardly think it's logical for me to be banned from two games. There either needs to be some sort of "reset" on the banned game count if a certain amount of time has passed or we just need to do a flat 1 game ban across the board.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 13 2011 05:33 GMT
#2146
On November 13 2011 14:19 chaoser wrote:
OH! I remember what was the problem I had with the banlist! Cumulative bans!

Show nested quote +
The Banned Game Count applies to most modkills (including modkills for inactivity) and is calculated as follows: 2N - 1 where N = the number of times you have been banned. So the first time you get banned, your count is 1. The second time, your Count is 3. If you are modkilled for going inactive in 2 games at once, your Banned Game Count will be calculated as if you were modkilled in one game, but you will receive a warning upon being taken off the Ban List . We reserve the right to artificially inflate your Banned Game Count based upon conduct not meriting a semi-permanent ban, but also not meriting a standard ban.


I was banned a year ago. So if three years from now, I'm inactive in a game, it hardly think it's logical for me to be banned from two games. There either needs to be some sort of "reset" on the banned game count if a certain amount of time has passed or we just need to do a flat 1 game ban across the board.


agreed.

However I think it should be done by games, not by time. That's a little more complicated, though.

Think about it like this: guy comes to TL mafia, goes inactive, gets modkilled. 1 game ban.

He doesn't sit out his ban for another 4 months, eventually comes back, sits it out, then goes to play another game and again goes inactive and gets modkilled. I don't think leniency should be practiced in that instance.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
November 13 2011 05:36 GMT
#2147
So maybe if you play like 3-5 games without any incidents you get your previous ban removed so there will not be an increasing return on the next punishment?
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 13 2011 05:40 GMT
#2148
yeah I'd agree with that.

The only problem is that it's hard to keep track of how many games players are playing.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
November 13 2011 05:41 GMT
#2149
He doesn't sit out his ban for another 4 months, eventually comes back, sits it out, then goes to play another game and again goes inactive and gets modkilled. I don't think leniency should be practiced in that instance.


I actually think there's not that much a difference between how someone approaches a 1 game ban and how someone approaches a 2 game ban. They're going to be a bit annoyed and will have to exert some energy in trying to get it cleared up. Personally I wouldn't mind a flat 1 game ban across the board. For repeat offenders (like 3-4 times inactive) we can deliberate on that issue if needed though I feel like most people who do that would just quit playing.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
November 13 2011 05:43 GMT
#2150
It seems a lot easier to just not get banned in the first place. If you're getting banned multiple times after having years worth of experience, its not like you have an excuse to not know the rules. By that point, if you're getting repeatedly modkilled, you probably deserve the extended ban.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 05:47:43
November 13 2011 05:46 GMT
#2151
On November 13 2011 14:43 kitaman27 wrote:
It seems a lot easier to just not get banned in the first place. If you're getting banned multiple times after having years worth of experience, its not like you have an excuse to not know the rules. By that point, if you're getting repeatedly modkilled, you probably deserve the extended ban.


If something comes up that's not in my control but also not an "emergency" enough situation where the host would cut me some slack, then I'd be banned for two games. The purpsoe of the ban system is to make people not want to be inactive and to instill this mentality of responsibility. If I, like last time, had some work emergency come up where I suddenly became busy, why should I be punished more than a 1 game ban?

It's not about experience, it's about sudden things that come up.

And it's not about being repeatedly modkilled, it's about if I get modkilled in one game sometime in the future. By how this system works I'd be banned for two games. Is that really needed?
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
November 13 2011 06:22 GMT
#2152
Working with the good in people > an eye for an eye
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 13 2011 07:26 GMT
#2153
Sorry, finally getting around to updating this. I would like to note that mini games do not count toward the ban list. Generally, that has been the precedent: mini games finish quickly. TMMM - Couples' Theory finished in nine days, or just three game cycles.

On November 12 2010 13:13 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 12:11 orgolove wrote:
On November 09 2010 11:38 orgolove wrote:
All right. I'll wait until Insane finishes before I bring this up again. :/


Hi.

Now that insane mafia is over, I'd like to use the "Don't Lose Yo Village" mafia as my penalty game.

Generally we haven't been allowing the mini games to apply because they're over so fast. I haven't seen objections for using Sengoku though, so I'm inclined to say that one is fine. Or I guess you can use Salem, depending on which one actually starts.

However, since the game finished such a long time ago I will honor the sitouts. Just note for the future mini games will no longer count toward sitting out--I will edit the OP to include this. All sitout requests for mini games between my last update and this post will be honored.

VisceraEyes, Erandorr, BloodyC0bbler, and sinani206 have finished sitting out TMMM - Couples' Therapy

VisceraEyes has one game remaining to be removed from the ban list for a second time.
Erandorr has been removed from the ban list.
BloodyC0bbler has been removed from the ban list for the third time.
sinani206 has been removed from the ban list.

Crofty is now on the ban list for one game due to inactivity in TMMM - Couples' Therapy

Divinek is sitting out Mini Mafia X.

As for community service, dreamflower/GMarshal/chaoser should notify me if and when somebody has merited reducing his/her sentence.

VisceraEyes, for the sake of bookkeeping please post here again if you want to sit out TL Mafia 46: Steamship Mafia. Your last post requesting sitout was before your sitout of TMMM - Couples' Theory was complete. You may only sit out one game at a time.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 13 2011 07:36 GMT
#2154
On November 11 2011 08:49 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 08:33 Bill Murray wrote:
Not a big deal, Flamewheel. I will drop it.
I do have a question, though. What will the ban remove? Will I be allowed to host as well as play, given I can be put into a queue? If so, may I be able to be placed into said and aforementioned queue previously to the removal of my ban so that I may begin hosting immediately?


No to hosting lol. Please.

I would prefer you not to host before demonstrating you can abide by the rules while playing games.

On November 10 2011 13:42 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
Zorkmid needs to get a second chance.


Zorkmid is getting a second chance?

I have no problem with Zorkmid getting a second chance after a due period of time has passed.

As for DoctorHelvetica's case, he is a very active and long-lived player so I wouldn't be averse to granting him leniency in exchange for a warning. Of course, Curu will have to agree to this since the ban choice is mainly his call.

On November 11 2011 08:36 Curu wrote:
From what I understood it's getting replaced without reason that gets you the ban, not the modkills. You shouldn't get a free pass for not wanting to finish a game just because the host went and found someone to replace you, regardless of whether you got replaced or modkilled you still flaked out of a game you signed up for.

The reason I asked for a ban for DoctorH is because the past 3 games in a row the same thing had happened. In Kurumi's XLIV he abruptly stopped playing the game halfway through, in Personality he asked to be replaced out of the blue and then in LOTR he asked again to be replaced out of the blue. Same deal with chaos13 who had been replaced out of something like 3 of the past 4 games he was signed up for. I didn't request a ban for anyone that asked to be replaced and didn't have a history of constantly doing it.

Actually I just noticed JeeJee got a ban for my game, I didn't request one and actually I would be completely fine if that decision was rescinded because I haven't noticed a propensity for him not finishing his games.

I removed JeeJee. Checking through old posts by Qatol, I saw he had added him. Checking your posts, I do see indeed you did not request any punishment. The situation has been rectified; thank you for noticing.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
November 13 2011 08:37 GMT
#2155
On November 13 2011 16:26 flamewheel wrote:
Sorry, finally getting around to updating this. I would like to note that mini games do not count toward the ban list. Generally, that has been the precedent: mini games finish quickly. TMMM - Couples' Theory finished in nine days, or just three game cycles.

I wasn´t aware of this, I thought sitting out minigames was considered okay.
:3
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 14:08:41
November 13 2011 14:08 GMT
#2156
On November 13 2011 17:37 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2011 16:26 flamewheel wrote:
Sorry, finally getting around to updating this. I would like to note that mini games do not count toward the ban list. Generally, that has been the precedent: mini games finish quickly. TMMM - Couples' Theory finished in nine days, or just three game cycles.

I wasn´t aware of this, I thought sitting out minigames was considered okay.

Yeah, when did that change?
Today...
Lame.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
November 13 2011 15:30 GMT
#2157
Especially with the lack of games at the moment, I think sitting out mini-games should be allowed, at least until we get back to having 2-3 games going on at all times.
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
November 13 2011 15:42 GMT
#2158
Flamewheel, I´d like the rule against sitting out mini games to be discussed further.
:3
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
November 13 2011 15:53 GMT
#2159
On November 11 2011 08:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
My reason for coming out of LotR is highly personal and I refuse to discuss it. Personality Mafia came at a bad time and my schoolwork load increased really unexpectedly. I kind of waned with activity near the end of the last mafia game and didn't want to half ass that game so I asked for a replacement. It was Day1 and I was successfully replaced. I wasn't modkilled in that game. I was, however, modkilled in LotR mafia when I had a much better reason to leave.

I didn't ask for a modkill or replacement in the thread. I simply informed people that I was asking for one/leaving the thread. I think that's fair and courteous? In both cases I PM'd the moderator. I don't understand why that is even being discussed. I'm very confused as to whether my ban is related to Personality or LotR. Why is it 2x? I was replaced in Personality not modkilled. If 1 modkill over a SINGLE replacement with a good reason in one game is enough to warrant a 3 game ban then maybe the Mafia moderators should take a good hard look at the ban system because that is absurd


I'm in favor of allowing DocH off the hook. At the time I was against banning him for asking for a replacement, but I never spoke up, and I wish I had. Asking for a replacement should not be a ban-worthy offense. I realize that the issue here is that it happened several times in quick succession. Still, asking for a replacement shows courtesy to the host, and is something that has (and had) been done very very often on this forum without consequence. Joining a game when you don't have time to play shows bad judgement, but is not ban-worthy in my eyes. Joining a game and then having personal issues come up is not ban worthy at all.

I think DocH landed on some bad luck to tell the truth. If 3 other players hadn't been simultaneously asking for replacements in LOTR mafia then I think this would have never been an issue. Personality Mafia was bizarre from an outsiders perspective, as from the thread it looked like DocH /in'ed and then never posted again, but it seems he asked for a replacement immediately after the game started. Had the game started a day later, presumably he could have just /outted.

I do think replacing out of games was taken a bit too lightly for a time, but I don't agree with bans for it. We had a precedent here of allowing people to replace out of games without consequence. If we want to change that I'm fine with it(and we have to some extent), but I don't think banning DocH out of the blue was the right call. In addition, replacing out of games is many times the responsible thing to do; in Ace's Closed Casket game I had nothing even close to a good reason for replacing out. My dog had died among other things, and I just didn't feel like playing mafia. I was basically already MIA, Ace replaced me with citi.zen upon request, and citi.zen went on to play a fantastic game. I had far better reasons to replace out of Couples Therapy yet did not, and our team suffered immensely due to my half-assed play.

I also believe cutting slack for players who have proven to be active contributors and players to this forum is entirely appropriate. Call it elitist, but I think it is simply common sense. I would be completely fine with a rule where if you have played 5(or whatever) games you may avoid 1 ban. That means if I suddenly got banned I could go compile a list of games I played start to finish in, and present them as avoidance of 1 ban. Then I would need to play another 5 games before getting banned and I would have another freebie. Behavior bans would not be eligible. This encourages active players to stick around, and not leave the forum due to 1 mistake(I have no idea if this type of exodus is prevalent or not though).




The Special Ban List Initiative is awesome. Major applause to whoever thought of it. However, I see no reason for a two week deadline for submissions. Why not simply make it a standing rule, that if you contribute 3 games to the library you get 1 ban removed. At least until the library is up to date. Many players take breaks from this forum for months at a time, and if there are still games to be added to the library, I think they should have a chance to contribute.

Giving people a chance to prove they care about this forum is a fantastic idea. No need to limit it to a couple weeks.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
November 13 2011 16:04 GMT
#2160
On November 13 2011 14:43 kitaman27 wrote:
It seems a lot easier to just not get banned in the first place. If you're getting banned multiple times after having years worth of experience, its not like you have an excuse to not know the rules. By that point, if you're getting repeatedly modkilled, you probably deserve the extended ban.



Sometimes people mess up though. If it happens extremely infrequently, then I'm ok letting it slide. Chaoser(could be anyone) was banned when he was new to the forum. If he makes a mistake at some point(missing a vote, getting busy and going afk), then I think he should be able to use his reputation as an active player against his potential ban. Everyone makes mistakes and the more they play the more likelihood of it happening.
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 9880
Rain 3333
BeSt 384
soO 379
Soulkey 358
Soma 342
Stork 341
Rush 239
firebathero 191
Barracks 151
[ Show more ]
Sexy 72
Shinee 39
Killer 37
Shine 25
HiyA 21
Sharp 19
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 16
sorry 16
yabsab 15
Terrorterran 13
hero 11
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4936
League of Legends
JimRising 460
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King136
Other Games
gofns32550
singsing971
Pyrionflax195
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 3
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 49
• Sammyuel 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV129
League of Legends
• Jankos2646
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17m
Patches Events
5h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 17m
OSC
13h 17m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.