• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:50
CEST 01:50
KST 08:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7943 users

Incognito's TL Mafia XVI - Page 65

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 95 Next
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
January 25 2010 13:59 GMT
#1281
On January 25 2010 22:28 citi.zen wrote:
One more comment: there is a mention after the last lynching of the second amendment, which is the right to bear guns.


Are there clues in the lynchings??
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
January 25 2010 14:13 GMT
#1282
On January 25 2010 22:59 meeple wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2010 22:28 citi.zen wrote:
One more comment: there is a mention after the last lynching of the second amendment, which is the right to bear guns.


Are there clues in the lynchings??

No there aren't. Clues are only in the Day posts.
Uff Da
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
January 25 2010 14:14 GMT
#1283
Good question. I took them to have the same clue/no clue area layout as the days. Now that I look at the night posts again, I think that is wrong and there probably are no clues there.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
January 25 2010 14:14 GMT
#1284
Ah, thanks for that.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
January 25 2010 14:53 GMT
#1285
BloodyC0bbler's mafia game ain't going any better for the town.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 25 2010 15:00 GMT
#1286
On January 25 2010 22:20 citi.zen wrote:
A couple of random observations, which will not help anyone at this point: the mafia killed the first three people if you list naes alphabetically, ignoring punctuation marks; we complain about clues, but in the end we did not really use the strongest ones for lynching either night. Hobbes and freewheel are still with us, and t_co and kane turned out to be green.


flamewheel
I agree though: until we get the next set of clues, it would be prudent for us to look based on players' actions and interactions.

Seeing as how I cannot actually dissuade people from logic since clues are there, I invite persons who have suspicions about me to interrogate me further.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 25 2010 15:03 GMT
#1287
On January 25 2010 23:53 citi.zen wrote:
BloodyC0bbler's mafia game ain't going any better for the town.


I'd say theirs is worse. Lynching an inactive detective night one, then losing a bodyguard following the night, then the two vigilantes... yeah. 'Snot looking good for them.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
January 25 2010 15:04 GMT
#1288
On January 26 2010 00:00 flamewheel91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2010 22:20 citi.zen wrote:
A couple of random observations, which will not help anyone at this point: the mafia killed the first three people if you list naes alphabetically, ignoring punctuation marks; we complain about clues, but in the end we did not really use the strongest ones for lynching either night. Hobbes and freewheel are still with us, and t_co and kane turned out to be green.


flamewheel
I agree though: until we get the next set of clues, it would be prudent for us to look based on players' actions and interactions.

Seeing as how I cannot actually dissuade people from logic since clues are there, I invite persons who have suspicions about me to interrogate me further.


I don't see how we are saying the same thing: you are suggesting looking at people's actions instead of clues, I am stating that we tried tha with t_co and kane, and it has not worked out very well.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
789
Profile Joined October 2009
United States959 Posts
January 25 2010 15:06 GMT
#1289
Yeah, while things aren't going good for us; we still have time to get it turned around. We just need to get things figured out in a hurry. Figuring out the clue writing style could be a help, but maybe we should lynch on suspicious behavior next. Unless day 3 clues afford us some sort of revelation.
Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk Cafe! He's the next Jaedong, baby!
789
Profile Joined October 2009
United States959 Posts
January 25 2010 15:07 GMT
#1290
On January 26 2010 00:04 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2010 00:00 flamewheel91 wrote:
On January 25 2010 22:20 citi.zen wrote:
A couple of random observations, which will not help anyone at this point: the mafia killed the first three people if you list naes alphabetically, ignoring punctuation marks; we complain about clues, but in the end we did not really use the strongest ones for lynching either night. Hobbes and freewheel are still with us, and t_co and kane turned out to be green.


flamewheel
I agree though: until we get the next set of clues, it would be prudent for us to look based on players' actions and interactions.

Seeing as how I cannot actually dissuade people from logic since clues are there, I invite persons who have suspicions about me to interrogate me further.


I don't see how we are saying the same thing: you are suggesting looking at people's actions instead of clues, I am stating that we tried tha with t_co and kane, and it has not worked out very well.


This is a good point though.
Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk Cafe! He's the next Jaedong, baby!
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
January 25 2010 15:08 GMT
#1291
Just keep in mind that t_co was lynched solely on suspicious behavior. I am not saying it is always the wrong approach, just that it can easily backfire.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
JohannesH
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1364 Posts
January 25 2010 15:28 GMT
#1292
On January 26 2010 00:08 citi.zen wrote:
Just keep in mind that t_co was lynched solely on suspicious behavior. I am not saying it is always the wrong approach, just that it can easily backfire.

Aggressive behaviour shouldnt be considered suspicious most of the time. Thats the stance we should take collectively. Inactivity is whats suspicious.

And in the end, it isnt right now so crucial as who we lynch right now since lets face it - it far more likely to hit a townie at this point. What matters is getting discussion with substance, to pile clues for later.
If you have to ask, you don't know.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 25 2010 15:32 GMT
#1293
On January 26 2010 00:04 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2010 00:00 flamewheel91 wrote:
On January 25 2010 22:20 citi.zen wrote:
A couple of random observations, which will not help anyone at this point: the mafia killed the first three people if you list naes alphabetically, ignoring punctuation marks; we complain about clues, but in the end we did not really use the strongest ones for lynching either night. Hobbes and freewheel are still with us, and t_co and kane turned out to be green.


flamewheel
I agree though: until we get the next set of clues, it would be prudent for us to look based on players' actions and interactions.

Seeing as how I cannot actually dissuade people from logic since clues are there, I invite persons who have suspicions about me to interrogate me further.


I don't see how we are saying the same thing: you are suggesting looking at people's actions instead of clues, I am stating that we tried tha with t_co and kane, and it has not worked out very well.


Oops, quoted wrong person. My apologies. My thoughts still stand.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
January 25 2010 16:26 GMT
#1294
On January 26 2010 00:28 JohannesH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2010 00:08 citi.zen wrote:
Just keep in mind that t_co was lynched solely on suspicious behavior. I am not saying it is always the wrong approach, just that it can easily backfire.

Aggressive behaviour shouldnt be considered suspicious most of the time. Thats the stance we should take collectively. Inactivity is whats suspicious.

And in the end, it isnt right now so crucial as who we lynch right now since lets face it - it far more likely to hit a townie at this point. What matters is getting discussion with substance, to pile clues for later.


I would mostly agree with this. Some people would argue that we lynched kane]deth[ off clues, but I think it was mainly because he didn't protest at all.

Regardless, what are people's ideas concerning the double lynches? Should we only use it if we're absolutely sure of two mafia?
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 25 2010 16:36 GMT
#1295
We have a limited number of double lynches, yes? At the rate we're going, might as well wait until there is solid conviction to do so. The new day's clues may bring light.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
789
Profile Joined October 2009
United States959 Posts
January 25 2010 16:43 GMT
#1296
On January 26 2010 01:26 meeple wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2010 00:28 JohannesH wrote:
On January 26 2010 00:08 citi.zen wrote:
Just keep in mind that t_co was lynched solely on suspicious behavior. I am not saying it is always the wrong approach, just that it can easily backfire.

Aggressive behaviour shouldnt be considered suspicious most of the time. Thats the stance we should take collectively. Inactivity is whats suspicious.

And in the end, it isnt right now so crucial as who we lynch right now since lets face it - it far more likely to hit a townie at this point. What matters is getting discussion with substance, to pile clues for later.


I would mostly agree with this. Some people would argue that we lynched kane]deth[ off clues, but I think it was mainly because he didn't protest at all.

Regardless, what are people's ideas concerning the double lynches? Should we only use it if we're absolutely sure of two mafia?


I'd have to agree with your kane]deth[ point. I ended up voting for him in the end not because I thought the clues on him were the strongest - but because I thought he was the lowest risk to lose. He was hardly participating in the game at all, and I considered him to be a small loss if he flipped green like he did. Probably not the best of reasons - but it was my reason.

The double lynch is a double edged sword. It can help us get back into the game by clearing out 2 mafia in one day. But it can hurt us badly - if we use 2 lynches and end up with 0 mafia, we're basically doing their job for them. I don't know if we have to be absolutely sure of 2 - but at least a solid conviction. If we double lynch we NEED to get at least 1 mafia with it.
Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk Cafe! He's the next Jaedong, baby!
789
Profile Joined October 2009
United States959 Posts
January 25 2010 16:43 GMT
#1297
And yes, we get 2 double lynches per game.
Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk Cafe! He's the next Jaedong, baby!
Phrujbaz
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Netherlands512 Posts
January 25 2010 17:22 GMT
#1298
I remember somebody arguing (ng5?) that it doesn't matter if we could reduce kill power with double lynch or not. If we need to kill three Mafia, it doesn't matter if we first kill two and then one or if we kill one first and then two. I think that logic is wrong.

First you have to remember that our double lynches are limited. That alone means we should only use one if we really think we can lynch two Mafia. Furthermore, there is always the risk of lynching two innocents. If we cannot reduce kill power right away it doesn't make sense to use double lynch already. We don't lose anything by waiting a day in that case. And we gain more information, leading to better informed lynches.

We NEVER gain anything by using double lynch on a day where even killing two Mafia wouldn't reduce kill power.

What does complicate things is that we cannot vote double lynch into place for today's lynch. It's always for the day after. So we have to think ahead a little. If we have a 100% confirmed Mafia, then we know that tomorrow there will be one less Mafia. That means we might want to use double lynch tomorrow, which means we have to vote for it today.

When would we have such a situation? I think we need three Mafia suspects, at least one of which is very solid. We lynch the solid Mafia today, vote for double lynch, and have the potential to kill two more Mafia the next day (we'd even have more clues than we do today).

I don't think we should use double lynch yet. I don't know how you guys are feeling but I'm not very confident in anyone being Mafia. AT ALL
Caution! Future approaching rapidly at a rate of about 60 seconds per minute.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
January 25 2010 17:59 GMT
#1299
On January 26 2010 02:22 Phrujbaz wrote:
I remember somebody arguing (ng5?) that it doesn't matter if we could reduce kill power with double lynch or not. If we need to kill three Mafia, it doesn't matter if we first kill two and then one or if we kill one first and then two. I think that logic is wrong.

First you have to remember that our double lynches are limited. That alone means we should only use one if we really think we can lynch two Mafia. Furthermore, there is always the risk of lynching two innocents. If we cannot reduce kill power right away it doesn't make sense to use double lynch already. We don't lose anything by waiting a day in that case. And we gain more information, leading to better informed lynches.

We NEVER gain anything by using double lynch on a day where even killing two Mafia wouldn't reduce kill power.

What does complicate things is that we cannot vote double lynch into place for today's lynch. It's always for the day after. So we have to think ahead a little. If we have a 100% confirmed Mafia, then we know that tomorrow there will be one less Mafia. That means we might want to use double lynch tomorrow, which means we have to vote for it today.

When would we have such a situation? I think we need three Mafia suspects, at least one of which is very solid. We lynch the solid Mafia today, vote for double lynch, and have the potential to kill two more Mafia the next day (we'd even have more clues than we do today).

I don't think we should use double lynch yet. I don't know how you guys are feeling but I'm not very confident in anyone being Mafia. AT ALL


I also said that if maths and logic doesn't rub off on you I won't explain again, nor in more detail.
789
Profile Joined October 2009
United States959 Posts
January 25 2010 18:25 GMT
#1300
On January 26 2010 02:59 Ng5 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2010 02:22 Phrujbaz wrote:
I remember somebody arguing (ng5?) that it doesn't matter if we could reduce kill power with double lynch or not. If we need to kill three Mafia, it doesn't matter if we first kill two and then one or if we kill one first and then two. I think that logic is wrong.

First you have to remember that our double lynches are limited. That alone means we should only use one if we really think we can lynch two Mafia. Furthermore, there is always the risk of lynching two innocents. If we cannot reduce kill power right away it doesn't make sense to use double lynch already. We don't lose anything by waiting a day in that case. And we gain more information, leading to better informed lynches.

We NEVER gain anything by using double lynch on a day where even killing two Mafia wouldn't reduce kill power.

What does complicate things is that we cannot vote double lynch into place for today's lynch. It's always for the day after. So we have to think ahead a little. If we have a 100% confirmed Mafia, then we know that tomorrow there will be one less Mafia. That means we might want to use double lynch tomorrow, which means we have to vote for it today.

When would we have such a situation? I think we need three Mafia suspects, at least one of which is very solid. We lynch the solid Mafia today, vote for double lynch, and have the potential to kill two more Mafia the next day (we'd even have more clues than we do today).

I don't think we should use double lynch yet. I don't know how you guys are feeling but I'm not very confident in anyone being Mafia. AT ALL


I also said that if maths and logic doesn't rub off on you I won't explain again, nor in more detail.


I agree with you in the fact that it doesn't matter which order we take the mafia down, if we have 2 suspects to take down we do it - even if it doesn't reduce their KP. It seems that you, now correct me if I'm wrong, are ignoring the possibility that we won't have 2 mafia to lynch. You are one of the biggest supporters of using the double lynches asap, but you even abstained from voting in this last lynch. It seems that you don't think there are mafia we have figured out to lynch either, but still push for the double lynch. So, who would be the 2 people you would have suggested double lynching tomorrow (I know we don't have day 3 clues yet). You should have at least 1 in mind if you're going to push for it so hard.
Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk Cafe! He's the next Jaedong, baby!
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 213
Nina 123
SpeCial 122
ViBE91
Nathanias 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11904
Artosis 632
Rain 620
GuemChi 413
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever346
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox797
Mew2King108
Other Games
summit1g6569
Liquid`RaSZi2378
Grubby2167
shahzam687
WinterStarcraft446
JimRising 355
C9.Mang0325
Trikslyr46
JuggernautJason10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick567
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• musti20045 24
• davetesta6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 10m
INu's Battles
11h 10m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
13h 10m
OSC
22h 25m
Replay Cast
23h 10m
OSC
1d 23h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.