• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:45
CEST 13:45
KST 20:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10120 users

[EU LCS] Summer 2014 Playoffs Week 2 - Page 42

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 54 Next
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 18:41:44
August 16 2014 18:38 GMT
#821
On August 17 2014 01:25 AlterKot wrote:
Well, I have no faith in EU this season and I never caught the ALL hype, and so far the playoffs reassured my stance. I'm really curious about the NA playoffs though, would be cool to see C9, CLG or TSM in top4.

i have no hope in eu either, but saying clg or tsm has better chances is naive, c9 might be best bet for western fans this year also even thought fnatic played like shit yesterday (way below expectations) they always manage to do well so you can never count them out
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
August 16 2014 19:00 GMT
#822
Dunno kongoline, as much as we make fun of CLG getting beaten by IM #5 and Apdo's challenger team, I think the trip is legitimately a huge opportunity to get better. It's hard to question Moo's talent, and while neither Dexter nor Double had season of their lives, I still hold them in high regard. Already explained TSM in previous post, but obviously that one is even more of bold prediction, because it only works if Turtle/Lustboy become at least as good as Turtle/Xpecial, Amazing learns at least 2 new champions (Lee/Elise/Kha, Eve, J4?) and Loco prepares some godly strats. Of course I'm also expecting ALL and FNC to play at least as "badly" as in playoffs so far, but well, I guess it just goes down to faith and expectations based on previous results, and in that case, I expect CLG and TSM to be better than ALL and FNC.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 20:08:51
August 16 2014 20:05 GMT
#823
On August 17 2014 03:38 kongoline wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2014 01:25 AlterKot wrote:
Well, I have no faith in EU this season and I never caught the ALL hype, and so far the playoffs reassured my stance. I'm really curious about the NA playoffs though, would be cool to see C9, CLG or TSM in top4.

i have no hope in eu either, but saying clg or tsm has better chances is naive, c9 might be best bet for western fans this year also even thought fnatic played like shit yesterday (way below expectations) they always manage to do well so you can never count them out


I don't think CLG/TSM have better chances over c9, but I respect that CLG/TSM(as a team) seem to pay a lot of attention to wanting to improve internationally rather than just in NA. They know enough to want to improve, and are making serious attempts at creating a team for the world stage as their goal. Of course, c9 are contenders for doing well at Worlds. The problem is that I feel they are still fairly untested internationally, and that makes it difficult to try to predict what will happen. So, I tend to forget about them.
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 23:14:45
August 16 2014 22:39 GMT
#824
On August 17 2014 04:00 AlterKot wrote:
Dunno kongoline, as much as we make fun of CLG getting beaten by IM #5 and Apdo's challenger team, I think the trip is legitimately a huge opportunity to get better. It's hard to question Moo's talent, and while neither Dexter nor Double had season of their lives, I still hold them in high regard. Already explained TSM in previous post, but obviously that one is even more of bold prediction, because it only works if Turtle/Lustboy become at least as good as Turtle/Xpecial, Amazing learns at least 2 new champions (Lee/Elise/Kha, Eve, J4?) and Loco prepares some godly strats. Of course I'm also expecting ALL and FNC to play at least as "badly" as in playoffs so far, but well, I guess it just goes down to faith and expectations based on previous results, and in that case, I expect CLG and TSM to be better than ALL and FNC.


You overrate NA a lot.
Noone was expecting Fnatic to go into Ro4 last time and they could get finals if not puszu.

It's more about what draw are teams going to get, in both groups and elimination rounds.
But i don't think that C9 will be ok on international stage this season, Hai is just too heavy, i'm not channelling any hopes for CLG, fuck it, 4 last years taught me it.
Even if TSM finally channeled inner Korean after adding Lustboy, it's still not enough to prevent Dyrus from unstoppable feeding and Amazing from being useless + WT isn't anywhere close to his S3 form. LMQ might be really only real hope for NA, rofl, but i don't see them getting from the groups with Korean team/OMG, for example.

SK is lock from EU to get out in the groups if ofc they don't get some real luck with SEA/Wildcard in their group but i want to hope that it's not happening and SK are just going down instantly.
Alliance and Fnatic are almost locks to get out from groups on the other hand, Fnatic tend to step up almost always on international stage and Alliance just need to stop Shook from bleeding so hard on big stage.

Most likely, let's be honest, if groups are going to be +- okay and not 2 groups of death and 2 groups where EU and NA champions are playing with SEA/Wildcards/EU-NA lesser teams, then we will have 3 Korean teams, 2 or 3 Chinese, EU/NA champions and probably one more EU/NA team, either it's going to be Fnatic or CLG, it doesn't matter.

On the other hand, if Arrows somehow get out of the Regionals and come to Worlds, i can easily see them going full Ozone and losing in groups with their playstyle it won't work in bo1's.
Also, if there will be only one group with Korean team and Chinese team in it, then it's good for EU/NA, if more than two - welp, guess, we can see only 2 representatives in Ro8 with one of them being hidden 4th Chinese team. Imagine if Quantic had qualified, lol.
4 Korean teams and 4 Chinese. Perfect.

LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 22:51:42
August 16 2014 22:47 GMT
#825
Talking about the last patch: Hecarim is quite good after the small buff. Played some games with him. Not sure they pick him in lcs but hes actually quite strong. Good ganks and if good played a lot of potential even in teamfights.
Science>Mechanics
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
August 16 2014 23:27 GMT
#826
I'm not sure who thought Fnatic will lose to C9, I sure as hell didn't back then. But I do now. You think that I overrate NA, I think you underrate it, glad we got that sorted out.
"Useless Amazing", you watched Shook and Cyanide in semis :D ?
Fnatic really shown how to step up at allstars lol. I also like how you think I overrate NA by thinking that bootcamp in Korea and a month-long practice for TSM and C9 will fix a lot of their issues, but also think that Alliance "just" need to make Shook play well.

But I like that you brought up groups. Last year to get out of groups, Fnatic had to beat:
- Voidle Gambit
- Zoonie and friends
- Minlolski
- Drugged SSW
And then C9 who haven't played a single non-american team at this point. TSM was a mess of Turtle/Xpecial playing well, and then having useless mid, useless jungler and Dyrus in the worst shape of his life. Vulcun didn't practice because they were busy learning latin. Sadly we'll never know how well Lemondogs would do against teams other than OMG and T1K, but I doubt they would outperform Fnatic anyway.

Now C9 has experience from Worlds, 2 IEMs, BotA, All-Stars and playing a season against LMQ. CLG has just spent 2 or 3 weeks playing against OGN/NLB teams. TSM is literally NA ALL - veteran toplaner whose form fluctuates, european jungling prodigy, star danish midlaner, highly regarded ADC and an experienced support who was never considered to be top of the class. Both teams have mix of experienced members and not experienced. Of course ALL played together for a longer time, but before NA playoffs start, I'm pretty full of hope.

Of course a lot depends on who gets the group without either Korean or Chinese team, but considering that most groups will have an NA and an EU team, it's far more likely to me that americans get to quarters AND MAYBE EVEN SEMIS WHO KNOWS than europeans. Not to mention the whole infrastructure/coaching/motivation/strategy things that were shoved down our throats for the entire season and I'm willing to believe at this point.

And lol "if arrows somehow get out of regionals" yeah they just beat what people thought was clear #1 in the World, I'm sure they are going into regionals as underdogs :D But yeah I agree that if any possible Korean team isn't getting out of groups, it's them.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 23:38:05
August 16 2014 23:37 GMT
#827
On August 17 2014 08:27 AlterKot wrote:
I'm not sure who thought Fnatic will lose to C9, I sure as hell didn't back then. But I do now. You think that I overrate NA, I think you underrate it, glad we got that sorted out.
"Useless Amazing", you watched Shook and Cyanide in semis :D ?
Fnatic really shown how to step up at allstars lol. I also like how you think I overrate NA by thinking that bootcamp in Korea and a month-long practice for TSM and C9 will fix a lot of their issues, but also think that Alliance "just" need to make Shook play well.

But I like that you brought up groups. Last year to get out of groups, Fnatic had to beat:
- Voidle Gambit
- Zoonie and friends
- Minlolski
- Drugged SSW
And then C9 who haven't played a single non-american team at this point. TSM was a mess of Turtle/Xpecial playing well, and then having useless mid, useless jungler and Dyrus in the worst shape of his life. Vulcun didn't practice because they were busy learning latin. Sadly we'll never know how well Lemondogs would do against teams other than OMG and T1K, but I doubt they would outperform Fnatic anyway.

Now C9 has experience from Worlds, 2 IEMs, BotA, All-Stars and playing a season against LMQ. CLG has just spent 2 or 3 weeks playing against OGN/NLB teams. TSM is literally NA ALL - veteran toplaner whose form fluctuates, european jungling prodigy, star danish midlaner, highly regarded ADC and an experienced support who was never considered to be top of the class. Both teams have mix of experienced members and not experienced. Of course ALL played together for a longer time, but before NA playoffs start, I'm pretty full of hope.

Of course a lot depends on who gets the group without either Korean or Chinese team, but considering that most groups will have an NA and an EU team, it's far more likely to me that americans get to quarters AND MAYBE EVEN SEMIS WHO KNOWS than europeans. Not to mention the whole infrastructure/coaching/motivation/strategy things that were shoved down our throats for the entire season and I'm willing to believe at this point.

And lol "if arrows somehow get out of regionals" yeah they just beat what people thought was clear #1 in the World, I'm sure they are going into regionals as underdogs :D But yeah I agree that if any possible Korean team isn't getting out of groups, it's them.


Lol, calling Arrows as favourite against K/White in bo5 with having one game plan? No, thanks.
And they have to beat NJWS in bo5 as well before it, it won't be that easy either.

TSM hadn't practiced for a month, Amazing got dropped to Germany because of visa issues for a week, so they got basically 2 weeks, it's nothing.
And CLG didn't have game problems, it was all about tiltiing hard and making stupid decisions, not like they're changing their playstyle completely in Korea.

Allstars, rofl. Best tournament to bring up, like, seriously. Why not IEM?

About Amazing. He's com-ple-te-ly useless outside of Elise, it's not funny to call Shook or Cyanide here, we're speaking about Amazing and not pointing fingers in kids style like it was in school:

- Why do you have that grade?
- But he has it as well!

On less serious note:

>>TSM is literally NA ALL
It's not even funny. Especially, calling out Lustboy for not being top of the class when he was top-2 Korean support for until Blaze's collapse against dade for 1,5 years and then was considered as top-3 safely, until Heart's and Piccaboo's rise.
Well, it might sound harsh, but TSM ain't even close to Alliance. Wickd won't feed like Dyrus can, Shook at least, can force something somewhere, Froggen is 2 heads above Bjergsen right now when Syndra is banned, WT is slumping for 2 splits already while Tabzz is going to be best EU ad tomorrow and poor Lustboy just got brought into team.

It's not like i defending Fnatic or don't want CLG to win Worlds, but, it's just lol.
Time will tell how it goes, i'm still going with [A] as team with best Western chances at Worlds if they don't get hit by Blue/OMG or White/OMG groups, other are durable, Fnatic as second and CLG as third if they qualify.




LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Acertos
Profile Joined February 2012
France852 Posts
August 16 2014 23:49 GMT
#828
On August 17 2014 08:27 AlterKot wrote:
I'm not sure who thought Fnatic will lose to C9, I sure as hell didn't back then. But I do now. You think that I overrate NA, I think you underrate it, glad we got that sorted out.
"Useless Amazing", you watched Shook and Cyanide in semis :D ?
Fnatic really shown how to step up at allstars lol. I also like how you think I overrate NA by thinking that bootcamp in Korea and a month-long practice for TSM and C9 will fix a lot of their issues, but also think that Alliance "just" need to make Shook play well.

But I like that you brought up groups. Last year to get out of groups, Fnatic had to beat:
- Voidle Gambit
- Zoonie and friends
- Minlolski
- Drugged SSW
And then C9 who haven't played a single non-american team at this point. TSM was a mess of Turtle/Xpecial playing well, and then having useless mid, useless jungler and Dyrus in the worst shape of his life. Vulcun didn't practice because they were busy learning latin. Sadly we'll never know how well Lemondogs would do against teams other than OMG and T1K, but I doubt they would outperform Fnatic anyway.

Now C9 has experience from Worlds, 2 IEMs, BotA, All-Stars and playing a season against LMQ. CLG has just spent 2 or 3 weeks playing against OGN/NLB teams. TSM is literally NA ALL - veteran toplaner whose form fluctuates, european jungling prodigy, star danish midlaner, highly regarded ADC and an experienced support who was never considered to be top of the class. Both teams have mix of experienced members and not experienced. Of course ALL played together for a longer time, but before NA playoffs start, I'm pretty full of hope.

Of course a lot depends on who gets the group without either Korean or Chinese team, but considering that most groups will have an NA and an EU team, it's far more likely to me that americans get to quarters AND MAYBE EVEN SEMIS WHO KNOWS than europeans. Not to mention the whole infrastructure/coaching/motivation/strategy things that were shoved down our throats for the entire season and I'm willing to believe at this point.

And lol "if arrows somehow get out of regionals" yeah they just beat what people thought was clear #1 in the World, I'm sure they are going into regionals as underdogs :D But yeah I agree that if any possible Korean team isn't getting out of groups, it's them.

Hmm... I wouldn't count on CLG, TSM and SK... And wouldn't have counted on ROC too. People always tend to speculate too much and since the beginning of LCS it has been the same. In general EU does slightly better in international events and only the teams that have shown consistence at being at the top do well.
The rest: FNC, ALL for EU and LMQ, C9 for NA can play rly rly solidely and don't have big core problems like the ones above (jungler interaction with lanes for CLG and TSM, laning phase for SK).
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 23:53:27
August 16 2014 23:51 GMT
#829
On August 17 2014 08:37 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Lol, calling Arrows as favourite against K/White in bo5 with having one game plan? No, thanks.
And they have to beat NJWS in bo5 as well before it, it won't be that easy either.

TSM hadn't practiced for a month, Amazing got dropped to Germany because of visa issues for a week, so they got basically 2 weeks, it's nothing.
And CLG didn't have game problems, it was all about tiltiing hard and making stupid decisions, not like they're changing their playstyle completely in Korea.

Allstars, rofl. Best tournament to bring up, like, seriously. Why not IEM?

About Amazing. He's com-ple-te-ly useless outside of Elise, it's not funny to call Shook or Cyanide here, we're speaking about Amazing and not pointing fingers in kids style like it was in school:

- Why do you have that grade?
- But he has it as well!

On less serious note:

>>TSM is literally NA ALL
It's not even funny. Especially, calling out Lustboy for not being top of the class when he was top-2 Korean support for until Blaze's collapse against dade for 1,5 years and then was considered as top-3 safely, until Heart's and Piccaboo's rise.
Well, it might sound harsh, but TSM ain't even close to Alliance. Wickd won't feed like Dyrus can, Shook at least, can force something somewhere, Froggen is 2 heads above Bjergsen right now when Syndra is banned, WT is slumping for 2 splits already while Tabzz is going to be best EU ad tomorrow and poor Lustboy just got brought into team.

It's not like i defending Fnatic or don't want CLG to win Worlds, but, it's just lol.
Time will tell how it goes, i'm still going with [A] as team with best Western chances at Worlds if they don't get hit by Blue/OMG or White/OMG groups, other are durable, Fnatic as second and CLG as third if they qualify.


They practiced for the superweek and they probably got a substitute jungler to practice while Amazing was gone which allowed building synergy with Lustboy, and Amazing could spend that time widening his champion pool, so not ideal, but not completely wasted. And lol, "making stupid decisions" isn't a game problem? A problem that might be fixed by having a coach in-person and practicing against team that will heavily punish you for those decisions rather than just trolling around?

Are you implying that IEM and Allstars are worse measure of a team than LCS?

Wut, Amazing did just as well on Lee as on Elise, and I'm only calling out Cyanide and Shook because we're comparing NA and EU World's representatives. If Amazing's strength is playing junglers with good clear and ganks (just like Shook supposedly!) than I think he will do better now that you don't have to just ban 2 champions against him since Kha is back in the fray.

Can't really add anything to the last point since I already stated my opinion on TSM, only that I wasn't the most avid watcher during S2, but I though that Cain, Madlife and later Mafa (and Mata, and Mandu) were generally considered better than Lustboy, but now I'm only repeating what I heard. Other than that, Dyrus can feed just as hard as Wickd picking a champ he can't play and building something stupid on him, Tabzz lol and I'm not judging Bjergsen vs Froggen based on the allstar showmatch. That's why it's C9 > CLG/TSM > ALL/FNC for me.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 06:34:14
August 17 2014 06:33 GMT
#830
Hm I'm probably late to this, but I am interested in seeing some behind the scenes stuff with teams like Chasing the Cup Season 2 series produced by MachinimaVS which follows CLG and C9. I just found out about it. Is there anything else similar to this with other teams?
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
August 17 2014 07:04 GMT
#831
On August 17 2014 15:33 ketchup wrote:
Hm I'm probably late to this, but I am interested in seeing some behind the scenes stuff with teams like Chasing the Cup Season 2 series produced by MachinimaVS which follows CLG and C9. I just found out about it. Is there anything else similar to this with other teams?

To my knowlegde there were two more things like this. The first one is famous CLG documentary which was recorded around the CLG's season 2 trip to Korea. It was first aired as a 4-part series of 8-17 minute long episodes, but an uncut version was later released which is generally considered to be better.

The second is Gamecrib, which is pretty much the first Chasing the Cup (same concept), except it followed TSM exclusively during season 3. Worse production, more filler, but also more drama.
Season 1: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=EL1dpKNAyqb4o
Season 2: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELRY02ZLSpIZc
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
August 17 2014 07:07 GMT
#832
On August 17 2014 16:04 AlterKot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2014 15:33 ketchup wrote:
Hm I'm probably late to this, but I am interested in seeing some behind the scenes stuff with teams like Chasing the Cup Season 2 series produced by MachinimaVS which follows CLG and C9. I just found out about it. Is there anything else similar to this with other teams?

To my knowlegde there were two more things like this. The first one is famous CLG documentary which was recorded around the CLG's season 2 trip to Korea. It was first aired as a 4-part series of 8-17 minute long episodes, but an uncut version was later released which is generally considered to be better.

The second is Gamecrib, which is pretty much the first Chasing the Cup (same concept), except it followed TSM exclusively during season 3. Worse production, more filler, but also more drama.
Season 1: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=EL1dpKNAyqb4o
Season 2: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELRY02ZLSpIZc


Thanks. I have already watched all of these from before since I find the behind the scene stuff more interesting.
cuppatea
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom1401 Posts
August 17 2014 09:46 GMT
#833
When has NA ever outperformed EU, besides post-season show match events when Fnatic shows up out of practise and gets wrecked?
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 12:55:40
August 17 2014 12:54 GMT
#834
The whole discussion on this page seems weird to me. Some Eu team has to beat another EU team hard to be better at worlds?
I also dont get why people seem to think All has the better chances at worlds than Fnatic. Where is this coming from? Usually I saw EU pros rate Fnatic higher than All.
Off-season = best season
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 13:07:08
August 17 2014 13:04 GMT
#835
On August 17 2014 21:54 Redox wrote:
The whole discussion on this page seems weird to me. Some Eu team has to beat another EU team hard to be better at worlds?
I also dont get why people seem to think All has the better chances at worlds than Fnatic. Where is this coming from? Usually I saw EU pros rate Fnatic higher than All.


sOAZ is choking a bit too much this season and his perfomance is usually key for Fnatic's success.
And Froggen is core of Alliance, everything is around him and i don't remember when he choked last time, i guess, it was in 2012 if was at all.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 13:08:50
August 17 2014 13:07 GMT
#836
Woolite - Rookie of the Year
Nyph - Most assists in summer split (Why not call this best support player or something considering assists mean a lot for support players)
Rekkles - Most lethal player in summer split & Most Valuable Player of 2014 summer split

Do they not do individual role awards? Do they get money for these awards? What's the reason for the awards if they don't earn anything from it? So confused
Acertos
Profile Joined February 2012
France852 Posts
August 17 2014 13:07 GMT
#837
On August 17 2014 22:04 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2014 21:54 Redox wrote:
The whole discussion on this page seems weird to me. Some Eu team has to beat another EU team hard to be better at worlds?
I also dont get why people seem to think All has the better chances at worlds than Fnatic. Where is this coming from? Usually I saw EU pros rate Fnatic higher than All.


sOAZ is choking a bit too much this season and his perfomance is usually key for Fnatic's success.

He's just way too inconsistent imo.
Like his swain and nida were rly good but his alistar extremely underwhelming with questionable items.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 13:08:19
August 17 2014 13:07 GMT
#838
On August 17 2014 22:04 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2014 21:54 Redox wrote:
The whole discussion on this page seems weird to me. Some Eu team has to beat another EU team hard to be better at worlds?
I also dont get why people seem to think All has the better chances at worlds than Fnatic. Where is this coming from? Usually I saw EU pros rate Fnatic higher than All.


sOAZ is choking a bit too much this season and his perfomance is usually key for Fnatic's success.
And Froggen is core of Alliance, everything is around him and i don't remember when he choked last time, i guess, it was in 2012 if was at all.

You mistake this fnatic for earlier seasons.Rekkles/yellowstar is the core of the team and it all comes down if the laners and jungler aren't too heavy.
orzeu
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland5205 Posts
August 17 2014 13:07 GMT
#839
Typical Riot: we can't give one player 2 awards in a row, so Rekkles gets MVP not Froggen.
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
August 17 2014 13:08 GMT
#840
Kind of funny to have them standing there with their prizes before they're even announced. I guess riot's new strategy to avoid awkward award ceremonies is to give the prizes out off camera :p
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 706
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings197
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26132
Shuttle 11571
FanTaSy 1635
Hyuk 1017
Horang2 584
BeSt 502
Mini 274
Pusan 249
Stork 231
EffOrt 140
[ Show more ]
Killer 138
Last 135
Zeus 121
Mind 88
ggaemo 69
Hyun 56
sorry 48
PianO 45
ToSsGirL 38
Snow 37
Bale 34
Sea.KH 34
Hm[arnc] 28
JYJ 22
Aegong 21
zelot 18
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe355
Dendi160
Counter-Strike
fl0m2028
byalli832
x6flipin288
Other Games
gofns33559
singsing2867
B2W.Neo801
Hui .77
Livibee66
Mew2King62
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick648
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 15m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 15m
Replay Cast
11h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.