• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:16
CEST 15:16
KST 22:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7545 users

[LCS] Challenger Series Playoffs - Page 20

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 35 Next All
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
April 13 2014 22:07 GMT
#381
On April 14 2014 07:03 Chicane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 06:50 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:49 Chicane wrote:
Why did Coast get rid of Mash? I always thought he was a decent player, and Coast didn't even know who they would replace him with, so I assume there was some other reason?


Because MashMe was absolutely awful and irrelevant in Summer Split, averaging something like 2,8 kills per game.
Yellowpete and Cop are just laughing somewhere



I don't remember him being that bad, even though he was in the bottom half. I don't recall him suiciding or getting caught nearly as much as Zuna, and he actually seemed to be pretty solid and carry his team relatively often.

Yeah his twitch was where he shined most and he was pretty average/below average (relative to other LCS players) otherwise, but I am just not impressed by Wiz at all who really adds nothing to the team other than having a handful of impressive games. He also gets caught plenty and just makes some mechanically poor plays.

In any case I always felt Nintendude was the biggest problem back then for Coast (and still is) so I feel like he should have been the place to start in terms of replacing teammates. I could definitely see Mashme being replaced if they found someone better to replace him with right away, but benching him and then having tryouts afterwards seemed questionable to me, given that IMO they had bigger problems.

Edit: Huh that was strange, I quoted that one, backed out and then quoted another one... responded to it, and then it replied to this one.... I meant to reply to wei2coolman


http://na.lolesports.com/na-lcs/season-3/split2/stats
77 kills is just awful, even maplestreet playing for ridiculously bad Velocity got more, considering that they lost 23 games from 28. Coast were absolutely impotent if you remember, right now they're team of 2 threats but last summer Zion was playing alone with Shiphtur slumping whole season.

Who knows, probably Wiz will come big next season like Shiphtur, we can't say right now.

LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Amethyst21
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada7032 Posts
April 13 2014 22:11 GMT
#382
On April 14 2014 07:03 Chicane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 06:50 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:49 Chicane wrote:
Why did Coast get rid of Mash? I always thought he was a decent player, and Coast didn't even know who they would replace him with, so I assume there was some other reason?


Because MashMe was absolutely awful and irrelevant in Summer Split, averaging something like 2,8 kills per game.
Yellowpete and Cop are just laughing somewhere



I don't remember him being that bad, even though he was in the bottom half. I don't recall him suiciding or getting caught nearly as much as Zuna, and he actually seemed to be pretty solid and carry his team relatively often.

Yeah his twitch was where he shined most and he was pretty average/below average (relative to other LCS players) otherwise, but I am just not impressed by Wiz at all who really adds nothing to the team other than having a handful of impressive games. He also gets caught plenty and just makes some mechanically poor plays.

In any case I always felt Nintendude was the biggest problem back then for Coast (and still is) so I feel like he should have been the place to start in terms of replacing teammates. I could definitely see Mashme being replaced if they found someone better to replace him with right away, but benching him and then having tryouts afterwards seemed questionable to me, given that IMO they had bigger problems.

Edit: Huh that was strange, I quoted this quote, backed out and then quoted another one... responded to it, and then it replied to this quote.... I meant to reply to wei2coolman


Tend to agree, though it seems to be that Coast felt that they were a play away from joining the top teams and that player was Mashme, though that does appear to have been the wrong decision, since Nintendude is clearly their worst player this split (runner up being Daydreaming, who is fine but you'd have to say ranks amongst the bottom of LCS supports). Wiz is also certainly not the upgrade they assumed he would me.

For me, Mashme was never spectacular but he'd get in good runs of form where he'd just randomly carry games (I remember him outplaying Doublelift on one occassion). If he's your worst player you're probably an OK team, but if he's your best player, you are in trouble.
/On the C9 Hype Train/@DatFirefly
Amethyst21
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 22:16:19
April 13 2014 22:14 GMT
#383
On April 14 2014 07:07 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 07:03 Chicane wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:50 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:49 Chicane wrote:
Why did Coast get rid of Mash? I always thought he was a decent player, and Coast didn't even know who they would replace him with, so I assume there was some other reason?


Because MashMe was absolutely awful and irrelevant in Summer Split, averaging something like 2,8 kills per game.
Yellowpete and Cop are just laughing somewhere



I don't remember him being that bad, even though he was in the bottom half. I don't recall him suiciding or getting caught nearly as much as Zuna, and he actually seemed to be pretty solid and carry his team relatively often.

Yeah his twitch was where he shined most and he was pretty average/below average (relative to other LCS players) otherwise, but I am just not impressed by Wiz at all who really adds nothing to the team other than having a handful of impressive games. He also gets caught plenty and just makes some mechanically poor plays.

In any case I always felt Nintendude was the biggest problem back then for Coast (and still is) so I feel like he should have been the place to start in terms of replacing teammates. I could definitely see Mashme being replaced if they found someone better to replace him with right away, but benching him and then having tryouts afterwards seemed questionable to me, given that IMO they had bigger problems.

Edit: Huh that was strange, I quoted that one, backed out and then quoted another one... responded to it, and then it replied to this one.... I meant to reply to wei2coolman


http://na.lolesports.com/na-lcs/season-3/split2/stats
77 kills is just awful, even maplestreet playing for ridiculously bad Velocity got more, considering that they lost 23 games from 28. Coast were absolutely impotent if you remember, right now they're team of 2 threats but last summer Zion was playing alone with Shiphtur slumping whole season.

Who knows, probably Wiz will come big next season like Shiphtur, we can't say right now.




As long as we are selectively picking stats here

Mashme's KDA 3.51 > Doublelift's 3.49 KDA

Clearly Mashme should be joining CLG anyday now.

Edit: This came off snippy so I want to say that I don't think we should be basing anything based on the rather terrible stats that are trotted out in pro LoL...I think they illuminate only rarely.
/On the C9 Hype Train/@DatFirefly
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
April 13 2014 22:18 GMT
#384
On April 14 2014 07:14 Amethyst21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 07:07 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:03 Chicane wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:50 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:49 Chicane wrote:
Why did Coast get rid of Mash? I always thought he was a decent player, and Coast didn't even know who they would replace him with, so I assume there was some other reason?


Because MashMe was absolutely awful and irrelevant in Summer Split, averaging something like 2,8 kills per game.
Yellowpete and Cop are just laughing somewhere



I don't remember him being that bad, even though he was in the bottom half. I don't recall him suiciding or getting caught nearly as much as Zuna, and he actually seemed to be pretty solid and carry his team relatively often.

Yeah his twitch was where he shined most and he was pretty average/below average (relative to other LCS players) otherwise, but I am just not impressed by Wiz at all who really adds nothing to the team other than having a handful of impressive games. He also gets caught plenty and just makes some mechanically poor plays.

In any case I always felt Nintendude was the biggest problem back then for Coast (and still is) so I feel like he should have been the place to start in terms of replacing teammates. I could definitely see Mashme being replaced if they found someone better to replace him with right away, but benching him and then having tryouts afterwards seemed questionable to me, given that IMO they had bigger problems.

Edit: Huh that was strange, I quoted that one, backed out and then quoted another one... responded to it, and then it replied to this one.... I meant to reply to wei2coolman


http://na.lolesports.com/na-lcs/season-3/split2/stats
77 kills is just awful, even maplestreet playing for ridiculously bad Velocity got more, considering that they lost 23 games from 28. Coast were absolutely impotent if you remember, right now they're team of 2 threats but last summer Zion was playing alone with Shiphtur slumping whole season.

Who knows, probably Wiz will come big next season like Shiphtur, we can't say right now.




As long as we are selectively picking stats here

Mashme's KDA 3.51 > Doublelift's 3.49 KDA

Clearly Mashme should be joining CLG anyday now.


That website is a mess for me and I can't even see anyone under Velocity for season 3, but it looks like Mashme was slightly behind doublelift.

But yeah I think it's ridiculous to just look at specific stats. Some teams relied more on certain players to get kills like Velocity often relied on maple. And also some teams go for many more kills than others.

I'm not going to bother picking and choosing which stats I want to look at to favor my argument since there are so many factors, but the impression I got is that Mashme was nothing special but solid enough to warrant his spot while they had other problems. And just from the impression I got from watching them play, he seemed to carry his weight much more than Wiz.
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
April 13 2014 22:19 GMT
#385
On April 14 2014 07:14 Amethyst21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 07:07 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:03 Chicane wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:50 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:49 Chicane wrote:
Why did Coast get rid of Mash? I always thought he was a decent player, and Coast didn't even know who they would replace him with, so I assume there was some other reason?


Because MashMe was absolutely awful and irrelevant in Summer Split, averaging something like 2,8 kills per game.
Yellowpete and Cop are just laughing somewhere



I don't remember him being that bad, even though he was in the bottom half. I don't recall him suiciding or getting caught nearly as much as Zuna, and he actually seemed to be pretty solid and carry his team relatively often.

Yeah his twitch was where he shined most and he was pretty average/below average (relative to other LCS players) otherwise, but I am just not impressed by Wiz at all who really adds nothing to the team other than having a handful of impressive games. He also gets caught plenty and just makes some mechanically poor plays.

In any case I always felt Nintendude was the biggest problem back then for Coast (and still is) so I feel like he should have been the place to start in terms of replacing teammates. I could definitely see Mashme being replaced if they found someone better to replace him with right away, but benching him and then having tryouts afterwards seemed questionable to me, given that IMO they had bigger problems.

Edit: Huh that was strange, I quoted that one, backed out and then quoted another one... responded to it, and then it replied to this one.... I meant to reply to wei2coolman


http://na.lolesports.com/na-lcs/season-3/split2/stats
77 kills is just awful, even maplestreet playing for ridiculously bad Velocity got more, considering that they lost 23 games from 28. Coast were absolutely impotent if you remember, right now they're team of 2 threats but last summer Zion was playing alone with Shiphtur slumping whole season.

Who knows, probably Wiz will come big next season like Shiphtur, we can't say right now.




As long as we are selectively picking stats here

Mashme's KDA 3.51 > Doublelift's 3.49 KDA

Clearly Mashme should be joining CLG anyday now.


It's not selective picking, you can just rewatch Coast games from last split.
Whole Coast squad got 323 kills last split, it's less than 12 kills per game.
You clearly want an improvement if you want to be relevant, getting rid of Zion/Shiphtur could be fatal for team, so getting rid of MashMe wasn't worst decision it seems.

This season, Coast got 357 kills, seems better.

LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 22:21:39
April 13 2014 22:21 GMT
#386
KDA is already a finicky stat that's really dependent on all 5 people on the team, but with Coast it's even harder to read, since they play around Ship/Zion so much. Cst adcs are usually relegated to farming much of the game. When Ship/Zion don't do well (most of the summer split last year) someone like mash ends up farming for awhile only to get shit on in every team fight because if mid/top don't do well Coast is usually sunk.

I still think Wiz is an upgrade from Mashme, just because Mashme's champion pool feels pretty abysmal.
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
April 13 2014 22:25 GMT
#387
On April 14 2014 07:19 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 07:14 Amethyst21 wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:07 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:03 Chicane wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:50 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:49 Chicane wrote:
Why did Coast get rid of Mash? I always thought he was a decent player, and Coast didn't even know who they would replace him with, so I assume there was some other reason?


Because MashMe was absolutely awful and irrelevant in Summer Split, averaging something like 2,8 kills per game.
Yellowpete and Cop are just laughing somewhere



I don't remember him being that bad, even though he was in the bottom half. I don't recall him suiciding or getting caught nearly as much as Zuna, and he actually seemed to be pretty solid and carry his team relatively often.

Yeah his twitch was where he shined most and he was pretty average/below average (relative to other LCS players) otherwise, but I am just not impressed by Wiz at all who really adds nothing to the team other than having a handful of impressive games. He also gets caught plenty and just makes some mechanically poor plays.

In any case I always felt Nintendude was the biggest problem back then for Coast (and still is) so I feel like he should have been the place to start in terms of replacing teammates. I could definitely see Mashme being replaced if they found someone better to replace him with right away, but benching him and then having tryouts afterwards seemed questionable to me, given that IMO they had bigger problems.

Edit: Huh that was strange, I quoted that one, backed out and then quoted another one... responded to it, and then it replied to this one.... I meant to reply to wei2coolman


http://na.lolesports.com/na-lcs/season-3/split2/stats
77 kills is just awful, even maplestreet playing for ridiculously bad Velocity got more, considering that they lost 23 games from 28. Coast were absolutely impotent if you remember, right now they're team of 2 threats but last summer Zion was playing alone with Shiphtur slumping whole season.

Who knows, probably Wiz will come big next season like Shiphtur, we can't say right now.




As long as we are selectively picking stats here

Mashme's KDA 3.51 > Doublelift's 3.49 KDA

Clearly Mashme should be joining CLG anyday now.


It's not selective picking, you can just rewatch Coast games from last split.
Whole Coast squad got 323 kills last split, it's less than 12 kills per game.
You clearly want an improvement if you want to be relevant, getting rid of Zion/Shiphtur could be fatal for team, so getting rid of MashMe wasn't worst decision it seems.

This season, Coast got 357 kills, seems better.



The way you are using those stats is really bothering me.

Did Coast also get more deaths, so they have more kills because there has been more fighting?

Did they get more kills because Shiphtur and Zion picked things up?

Have they improved as a team (get placed higher in the standings.. which they have if I am not mistaken) meaning they are more likely to get more kills across the board if everyone improved?

There are just so many things that could impact those stats that I don't even...
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
April 13 2014 22:28 GMT
#388
On April 14 2014 07:21 Swords wrote:
KDA is already a finicky stat that's really dependent on all 5 people on the team, but with Coast it's even harder to read, since they play around Ship/Zion so much. Cst adcs are usually relegated to farming much of the game. When Ship/Zion don't do well (most of the summer split last year) someone like mash ends up farming for awhile only to get shit on in every team fight because if mid/top don't do well Coast is usually sunk.

I still think Wiz is an upgrade from Mashme, just because Mashme's champion pool feels pretty abysmal.


I totally agree. We should only base "carry-ness" on kill participation, number of death per minute, and damage done to champions compared to other team members, per minute.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 22:30:47
April 13 2014 22:29 GMT
#389
On April 14 2014 07:25 Chicane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 07:19 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:14 Amethyst21 wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:07 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:03 Chicane wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:50 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:49 Chicane wrote:
Why did Coast get rid of Mash? I always thought he was a decent player, and Coast didn't even know who they would replace him with, so I assume there was some other reason?


Because MashMe was absolutely awful and irrelevant in Summer Split, averaging something like 2,8 kills per game.
Yellowpete and Cop are just laughing somewhere



I don't remember him being that bad, even though he was in the bottom half. I don't recall him suiciding or getting caught nearly as much as Zuna, and he actually seemed to be pretty solid and carry his team relatively often.

Yeah his twitch was where he shined most and he was pretty average/below average (relative to other LCS players) otherwise, but I am just not impressed by Wiz at all who really adds nothing to the team other than having a handful of impressive games. He also gets caught plenty and just makes some mechanically poor plays.

In any case I always felt Nintendude was the biggest problem back then for Coast (and still is) so I feel like he should have been the place to start in terms of replacing teammates. I could definitely see Mashme being replaced if they found someone better to replace him with right away, but benching him and then having tryouts afterwards seemed questionable to me, given that IMO they had bigger problems.

Edit: Huh that was strange, I quoted that one, backed out and then quoted another one... responded to it, and then it replied to this one.... I meant to reply to wei2coolman


http://na.lolesports.com/na-lcs/season-3/split2/stats
77 kills is just awful, even maplestreet playing for ridiculously bad Velocity got more, considering that they lost 23 games from 28. Coast were absolutely impotent if you remember, right now they're team of 2 threats but last summer Zion was playing alone with Shiphtur slumping whole season.

Who knows, probably Wiz will come big next season like Shiphtur, we can't say right now.




As long as we are selectively picking stats here

Mashme's KDA 3.51 > Doublelift's 3.49 KDA

Clearly Mashme should be joining CLG anyday now.


It's not selective picking, you can just rewatch Coast games from last split.
Whole Coast squad got 323 kills last split, it's less than 12 kills per game.
You clearly want an improvement if you want to be relevant, getting rid of Zion/Shiphtur could be fatal for team, so getting rid of MashMe wasn't worst decision it seems.

This season, Coast got 357 kills, seems better.



The way you are using those stats is really bothering me.

Did Coast also get more deaths, so they have more kills because there has been more fighting?

Did they get more kills because Shiphtur and Zion picked things up?

Have they improved as a team (get placed higher in the standings.. which they have if I am not mistaken) meaning they are more likely to get more kills across the board if everyone improved?

There are just so many things that could impact those stats that I don't even...


Go and use them as well, it's not very hard to open page and check.
If you watched last split, it would be easy for you to say that MashMe was just irrelevant, especially after Spring Split, where Zion was winning only on Riven/Jayce, Jintae was playing Orianna and whole carrying stuff was on MashMe/Daydreamin shoulders.

But it seems he might have a shot to get a second try this way.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
April 13 2014 22:29 GMT
#390
Lets be honest, if Coast had Chaox instead of Wiz they would be top 3 LCS Kappa

User was warned for this post
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 22:31:09
April 13 2014 22:30 GMT
#391
On April 14 2014 07:25 Chicane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 07:19 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:14 Amethyst21 wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:07 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:03 Chicane wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:50 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:49 Chicane wrote:
Why did Coast get rid of Mash? I always thought he was a decent player, and Coast didn't even know who they would replace him with, so I assume there was some other reason?


Because MashMe was absolutely awful and irrelevant in Summer Split, averaging something like 2,8 kills per game.
Yellowpete and Cop are just laughing somewhere



I don't remember him being that bad, even though he was in the bottom half. I don't recall him suiciding or getting caught nearly as much as Zuna, and he actually seemed to be pretty solid and carry his team relatively often.

Yeah his twitch was where he shined most and he was pretty average/below average (relative to other LCS players) otherwise, but I am just not impressed by Wiz at all who really adds nothing to the team other than having a handful of impressive games. He also gets caught plenty and just makes some mechanically poor plays.

In any case I always felt Nintendude was the biggest problem back then for Coast (and still is) so I feel like he should have been the place to start in terms of replacing teammates. I could definitely see Mashme being replaced if they found someone better to replace him with right away, but benching him and then having tryouts afterwards seemed questionable to me, given that IMO they had bigger problems.

Edit: Huh that was strange, I quoted that one, backed out and then quoted another one... responded to it, and then it replied to this one.... I meant to reply to wei2coolman


http://na.lolesports.com/na-lcs/season-3/split2/stats
77 kills is just awful, even maplestreet playing for ridiculously bad Velocity got more, considering that they lost 23 games from 28. Coast were absolutely impotent if you remember, right now they're team of 2 threats but last summer Zion was playing alone with Shiphtur slumping whole season.

Who knows, probably Wiz will come big next season like Shiphtur, we can't say right now.




As long as we are selectively picking stats here

Mashme's KDA 3.51 > Doublelift's 3.49 KDA

Clearly Mashme should be joining CLG anyday now.


It's not selective picking, you can just rewatch Coast games from last split.
Whole Coast squad got 323 kills last split, it's less than 12 kills per game.
You clearly want an improvement if you want to be relevant, getting rid of Zion/Shiphtur could be fatal for team, so getting rid of MashMe wasn't worst decision it seems.

This season, Coast got 357 kills, seems better.



The way you are using those stats is really bothering me.

Did Coast also get more deaths, so they have more kills because there has been more fighting?

Did they get more kills because Shiphtur and Zion picked things up?

Have they improved as a team (get placed higher in the standings.. which they have if I am not mistaken) meaning they are more likely to get more kills across the board if everyone improved?

There are just so many things that could impact those stats that I don't even...


Agreed, total kills per team is even more useless than KDA because it doesn't factor in game time or anything like that. This is an extreme example, but C9 could win every game in 25 minutes and get 10 kills per game because the game isn't that long and they're concerned about objectives and not kills. Meanwhile Dig could play almost every game to 40 minutes and get 15 kills per game, but lose every time because they threw at baron.

I think anyone who's watched Cst this season vs. last summer can tell you the biggest difference is Shiphtur finally figured out how to bring his soloqueue levels of godliness to LCS team play. Not having MashMe limit bot in champ select and Wiz getting caught out less is great, but Wiz isn't making the big difference, Shiphtur is.
Amethyst21
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada7032 Posts
April 13 2014 22:32 GMT
#392
Yeah I mean when it boils down to it, we're spending all this virtual ink (all those keystrokes!) arguing about maybe the 8th best AD Carry in the LCS.
/On the C9 Hype Train/@DatFirefly
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 22:34:22
April 13 2014 22:33 GMT
#393
On April 14 2014 07:30 Swords wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 07:25 Chicane wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:19 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:14 Amethyst21 wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:07 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:03 Chicane wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:50 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:49 Chicane wrote:
Why did Coast get rid of Mash? I always thought he was a decent player, and Coast didn't even know who they would replace him with, so I assume there was some other reason?


Because MashMe was absolutely awful and irrelevant in Summer Split, averaging something like 2,8 kills per game.
Yellowpete and Cop are just laughing somewhere



I don't remember him being that bad, even though he was in the bottom half. I don't recall him suiciding or getting caught nearly as much as Zuna, and he actually seemed to be pretty solid and carry his team relatively often.

Yeah his twitch was where he shined most and he was pretty average/below average (relative to other LCS players) otherwise, but I am just not impressed by Wiz at all who really adds nothing to the team other than having a handful of impressive games. He also gets caught plenty and just makes some mechanically poor plays.

In any case I always felt Nintendude was the biggest problem back then for Coast (and still is) so I feel like he should have been the place to start in terms of replacing teammates. I could definitely see Mashme being replaced if they found someone better to replace him with right away, but benching him and then having tryouts afterwards seemed questionable to me, given that IMO they had bigger problems.

Edit: Huh that was strange, I quoted that one, backed out and then quoted another one... responded to it, and then it replied to this one.... I meant to reply to wei2coolman


http://na.lolesports.com/na-lcs/season-3/split2/stats
77 kills is just awful, even maplestreet playing for ridiculously bad Velocity got more, considering that they lost 23 games from 28. Coast were absolutely impotent if you remember, right now they're team of 2 threats but last summer Zion was playing alone with Shiphtur slumping whole season.

Who knows, probably Wiz will come big next season like Shiphtur, we can't say right now.




As long as we are selectively picking stats here

Mashme's KDA 3.51 > Doublelift's 3.49 KDA

Clearly Mashme should be joining CLG anyday now.


It's not selective picking, you can just rewatch Coast games from last split.
Whole Coast squad got 323 kills last split, it's less than 12 kills per game.
You clearly want an improvement if you want to be relevant, getting rid of Zion/Shiphtur could be fatal for team, so getting rid of MashMe wasn't worst decision it seems.

This season, Coast got 357 kills, seems better.



The way you are using those stats is really bothering me.

Did Coast also get more deaths, so they have more kills because there has been more fighting?

Did they get more kills because Shiphtur and Zion picked things up?

Have they improved as a team (get placed higher in the standings.. which they have if I am not mistaken) meaning they are more likely to get more kills across the board if everyone improved?

There are just so many things that could impact those stats that I don't even...


Agreed, total kills per team is even more useless than KDA because it doesn't factor in game time or anything like that. This is an extreme example, but C9 could win every game in 25 minutes and get 10 kills per game because the game isn't that long and they're concerned about objectives and not kills. Meanwhile Dig could play almost every game to 40 minutes and get 15 kills per game, but lose every time because they threw at baron.

I think anyone who's watched Cst this season vs. last summer can tell you the biggest difference is Shiphtur finally figured out how to bring his soloqueue levels of godliness to LCS team play. Not having MashMe limit bot in champ select and Wiz getting caught out less is great, but Wiz isn't making the big difference, Shiphtur is.


To be honest, Wiz doesn't have big champion pool either, MashMe at least was playing Ezreal/Twitch/Vayne + standard carries and Wiz was playing Lucian/Caitlyn/Varus/Jinx whole season with Lucian/Caitlyn getting 19/28 outs.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
April 13 2014 22:37 GMT
#394
On April 14 2014 07:32 Amethyst21 wrote:
Yeah I mean when it boils down to it, we're spending all this virtual ink (all those keystrokes!) arguing about maybe the 8th best AD Carry in the LCS.

mash, and wiz, easily better than zuna, and yolopete.
liftlift > tsm
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
April 13 2014 22:37 GMT
#395
On April 14 2014 07:33 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 07:30 Swords wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:25 Chicane wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:19 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:14 Amethyst21 wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:07 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 07:03 Chicane wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:50 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On April 14 2014 06:49 Chicane wrote:
Why did Coast get rid of Mash? I always thought he was a decent player, and Coast didn't even know who they would replace him with, so I assume there was some other reason?


Because MashMe was absolutely awful and irrelevant in Summer Split, averaging something like 2,8 kills per game.
Yellowpete and Cop are just laughing somewhere



I don't remember him being that bad, even though he was in the bottom half. I don't recall him suiciding or getting caught nearly as much as Zuna, and he actually seemed to be pretty solid and carry his team relatively often.

Yeah his twitch was where he shined most and he was pretty average/below average (relative to other LCS players) otherwise, but I am just not impressed by Wiz at all who really adds nothing to the team other than having a handful of impressive games. He also gets caught plenty and just makes some mechanically poor plays.

In any case I always felt Nintendude was the biggest problem back then for Coast (and still is) so I feel like he should have been the place to start in terms of replacing teammates. I could definitely see Mashme being replaced if they found someone better to replace him with right away, but benching him and then having tryouts afterwards seemed questionable to me, given that IMO they had bigger problems.

Edit: Huh that was strange, I quoted that one, backed out and then quoted another one... responded to it, and then it replied to this one.... I meant to reply to wei2coolman


http://na.lolesports.com/na-lcs/season-3/split2/stats
77 kills is just awful, even maplestreet playing for ridiculously bad Velocity got more, considering that they lost 23 games from 28. Coast were absolutely impotent if you remember, right now they're team of 2 threats but last summer Zion was playing alone with Shiphtur slumping whole season.

Who knows, probably Wiz will come big next season like Shiphtur, we can't say right now.




As long as we are selectively picking stats here

Mashme's KDA 3.51 > Doublelift's 3.49 KDA

Clearly Mashme should be joining CLG anyday now.


It's not selective picking, you can just rewatch Coast games from last split.
Whole Coast squad got 323 kills last split, it's less than 12 kills per game.
You clearly want an improvement if you want to be relevant, getting rid of Zion/Shiphtur could be fatal for team, so getting rid of MashMe wasn't worst decision it seems.

This season, Coast got 357 kills, seems better.



The way you are using those stats is really bothering me.

Did Coast also get more deaths, so they have more kills because there has been more fighting?

Did they get more kills because Shiphtur and Zion picked things up?

Have they improved as a team (get placed higher in the standings.. which they have if I am not mistaken) meaning they are more likely to get more kills across the board if everyone improved?

There are just so many things that could impact those stats that I don't even...


Agreed, total kills per team is even more useless than KDA because it doesn't factor in game time or anything like that. This is an extreme example, but C9 could win every game in 25 minutes and get 10 kills per game because the game isn't that long and they're concerned about objectives and not kills. Meanwhile Dig could play almost every game to 40 minutes and get 15 kills per game, but lose every time because they threw at baron.

I think anyone who's watched Cst this season vs. last summer can tell you the biggest difference is Shiphtur finally figured out how to bring his soloqueue levels of godliness to LCS team play. Not having MashMe limit bot in champ select and Wiz getting caught out less is great, but Wiz isn't making the big difference, Shiphtur is.


To be honest, Wiz doesn't have big champion pool either, MashMe at least was playing Ezreal/Twitch/Vayne + standard carries and Wiz was playing Lucian/Caitlyn/Varus/Jinx whole season with Lucian/Caitlyn getting 19/28 outs.

Excluding something like tri-force buffs suddenly requiring everyone to play corki, it's not like adc's need *that* large a champion pool. Unless you want a utility adc, lucian/cait/jinx is pretty much all you need.
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
April 13 2014 22:41 GMT
#396
On April 14 2014 07:37 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 07:32 Amethyst21 wrote:
Yeah I mean when it boils down to it, we're spending all this virtual ink (all those keystrokes!) arguing about maybe the 8th best AD Carry in the LCS.

mash, and wiz, easily better than zuna, and yolopete.



Pshhh, can mash and wiz play jungle and support?
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
April 13 2014 22:42 GMT
#397
I do not like this caster combo lol
Neverhood
Profile Joined August 2009
United States5388 Posts
April 13 2014 22:43 GMT
#398
brokenshard gets caught all day l0l
Jaedong :D
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
April 13 2014 22:44 GMT
#399
well that was game losing
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
April 13 2014 22:44 GMT
#400
brokenshard is just . . .

Dare I say almost as bad if not worse then zuna when he was jungling?
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings160
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5058
Jaedong 3223
Leta 2106
Soulkey 1600
EffOrt 850
Soma 461
Horang2 446
Rush 324
BeSt 322
Mini 297
[ Show more ]
Stork 254
Light 236
Pusan 182
Killer 154
ggaemo 152
Larva 149
Zeus 145
Snow 140
Barracks 120
firebathero 85
hero 68
Sea.KH 57
JYJ 57
Mong 55
ToSsGirL 35
sorry 34
Sharp 33
Bale 31
Aegong 25
Shinee 24
Sexy 17
zelot 12
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 8
Shine 8
Icarus 7
Rock 6
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc7401
Dendi676
qojqva622
XaKoH 389
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_254
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3989
Other Games
gofns45999
singsing1607
olofmeister1344
B2W.Neo790
byalli564
Lowko348
Livibee190
DeMusliM189
mouzStarbuck109
OGKoka 105
Liquid`VortiX83
ArmadaUGS75
Chillindude5
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV535
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream227
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 13
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV357
League of Legends
• Jankos1678
• Nemesis1114
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 45m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 45m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.