• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:57
CEST 05:57
KST 12:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7631 users

[Champion] Xin Zhao - Page 23

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 Next All
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
March 10 2013 02:38 GMT
#441
On March 10 2013 11:22 KissBlade wrote:
I've seen it. It's a ghetto AP Trynd style with no escapes. =)

That's kind of an antithesis for a comparison though.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
March 10 2013 04:42 GMT
#442
AP xin is a mixed bag. If the enemy team doesn't have a lot of burst or cc, or you catch them split so they can't focus him, he's pretty much ridiculous. loads of sustained damage when you get him built up a bit, heals for about 2-300 health a second, stupid amounts of CC and fight control.

Pick him against a comp with good sustained damage but low CC and burst and you'll have a good time
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
May 02 2013 23:02 GMT
#443
Hm, so what do you pick now-a-days with jungle xin?

i usually went machete + 5, then madreds, boots, ward/pot, then locket; midgame:: locket, mercury treads, madreds/wriggles, giants belt.

For dmg I'd usually get a black cleaver, thats it. So the dmg mid/late game was pretty underwhelming.

So, anyone getting any spirit stone items? Jungle speed suffers massively, but spirit of the elder lizard is a nice item imho.
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
Zariel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1312 Posts
May 02 2013 23:37 GMT
#444
Pretty much what you said. Locket + randuins or locket + bulwark. Get brut or phage if you want a bit of damage. You only just need madreds usually, unless you plan on soloing dragon with wriggles.

I do like Triforce on Xin if I am really ahead and getting alot of kills, the speed boost pretty much does not allow the enemy to escape.

If you decide on spirit stone, you could go for ancient golem with boots of mobility.
sup
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-03 07:22:28
May 03 2013 07:19 GMT
#445
On May 03 2013 08:02 Djin)ftw( wrote:
Hm, so what do you pick now-a-days with jungle xin?

i usually went machete + 5, then madreds, boots, ward/pot, then locket; midgame:: locket, mercury treads, madreds/wriggles, giants belt.

For dmg I'd usually get a black cleaver, thats it. So the dmg mid/late game was pretty underwhelming.

So, anyone getting any spirit stone items? Jungle speed suffers massively, but spirit of the elder lizard is a nice item imho.


then get madreds and spirit stone

into locket/elder lizard into giants belt brutalizer or something
ghostblade is better than BC just from my experience.

I like getting max cdr so i usually rune for 6% cdr on blues to hit 40% with that kind of build.

you can get away with less defensive items on xin if you can nearly one combo their ad and your E cd is a lot shorter if you get focused and need to E on someone out

getting trinity force doesn't make too much sense anymore when armpen is too good on him
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-03 14:16:36
May 03 2013 14:15 GMT
#446
On May 03 2013 16:19 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2013 08:02 Djin)ftw( wrote:
Hm, so what do you pick now-a-days with jungle xin?

i usually went machete + 5, then madreds, boots, ward/pot, then locket; midgame:: locket, mercury treads, madreds/wriggles, giants belt.

For dmg I'd usually get a black cleaver, thats it. So the dmg mid/late game was pretty underwhelming.

So, anyone getting any spirit stone items? Jungle speed suffers massively, but spirit of the elder lizard is a nice item imho.


then get madreds and spirit stone

into locket/elder lizard into giants belt brutalizer or something
ghostblade is better than BC just from my experience.

I like getting max cdr so i usually rune for 6% cdr on blues to hit 40% with that kind of build.

you can get away with less defensive items on xin if you can nearly one combo their ad and your E cd is a lot shorter if you get focused and need to E on someone out

getting trinity force doesn't make too much sense anymore when armpen is too good on him


wow, ghostblade. That might actually be a very good pick. I only build it once or twice on noc, but with xin it will prolly solve a lot of problems I have with xin.
You go in, Q and E and then you get kited and cant get off the third Q and knockup. With the ms buff I can gank much better. Armor pen, 10% CDR, a bit of dmg and crit chance.
Seems pretty good, I'll try that thanks. ^^

And yeah, I too think Triforce is not good on jungle xin. Too expensive. On top lane it rocks though, played as jayce vs a triforce xin, seemed pretty solid. Lots of burst
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
May 03 2013 14:36 GMT
#447
Yeah I had a discussion a while back with bly (zulu nation) when he played a ton of xin. He always said he felt like he needed to be tanky all the time while my previous experience was as xin you didn't because you were pretty mobile and a damage threat. Like I used to stop at around 2.6k hp and 40% cdr and get more damage against some comps. Once I was fed, and I had IE as well as ghostblade (think I had a warmogs so like 3k hp) and the enemy AD just finished warmogs, there was someone getting caught top and I went in behind their AD and killed him in like 4 seconds even though he just finished warmogs

Of course, in a team comp that is more about protecting their carry you want to build tankier, but often I find mobility and damage can be a decent substitute for tank stats in a lot of situations.
chalice
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1945 Posts
April 20 2014 03:14 GMT
#448
if you have enough gold to buy a triforce on jungle xin is zeal or sheen better as the second part?
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
April 20 2014 04:25 GMT
#449
On April 20 2014 12:14 chalice wrote:
if you have enough gold to buy a triforce on jungle xin is zeal or sheen better as the second part?

I'm tempted to go with zeal. On any gank where you open with charge, you'd only be getting 1 sheen proc usually because you open with WEQ all on CD, and R ASAP because it's %current HP damage. Gives you that extra bit of movement speed and attack speed to maybe get off that critical 3rd auto attack and the chance at a crit isn't too bad either.

If you have enough money to do that out of the jungle though, I'd honestly rather go for ghostblade for the even faster power timing.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
chalice
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1945 Posts
April 20 2014 06:25 GMT
#450
yeah i've been getting sheen last, it just feels weird when you're used to only building tf on corki and lucian.

when i first started playing xin i was building ghostblade, but then i tried out triforce one game and it felt really nice. phage as a second item has some advantages over brutalizer in that you can really use the extra HP at that point in the game and the movement speed bonus does not hurt at all when you're trying to attack move with your Q active.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 20 2014 11:29 GMT
#451
it's not rare to get 2 sheen procs in a gank and the extra mana is pretty helpful imo. it's close, but I prefer sheen over zeal when triforcing on Xin. the real truth is that I prefer just going ghostblade on him if I want a post FF offensive item.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Black Paper Moon
Profile Joined December 2010
Chile20 Posts
April 25 2014 02:05 GMT
#452
I've had more success buying tanky items as my second/third item after Feral Flare than with buying further offensive boosts. Xin isn't very durable and he tends to get right in the middle of the action, and all that health regen from his W and FF isn't going to do much for you if you get burst down easily. I was pretty happy with Wits End on my latest against an AP-heavy team.
Let justice be done, though the heavens may fall.
zerotol
Profile Joined August 2009
Belgium508 Posts
April 26 2014 14:02 GMT
#453
On April 25 2014 11:05 Black Paper Moon wrote:
I've had more success buying tanky items as my second/third item after Feral Flare than with buying further offensive boosts. Xin isn't very durable and he tends to get right in the middle of the action, and all that health regen from his W and FF isn't going to do much for you if you get burst down easily. I was pretty happy with Wits End on my latest against an AP-heavy team.


That just depends on the game. If everyone is winning you can go attack item first, if one lane is losing and needs your babysitting you might want to go something like randuins first.

That nerf to 30 stacks for feral flare is really annoying though. 25 is the sweet spot but those lost 5 tend to be annoying to get because at this point there might be a lot of teamfights going on, and the team needs your support then.
Now i am become death, the destroyer of worlds
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
April 28 2014 20:31 GMT
#454
On April 20 2014 20:29 Mogwai wrote:
it's not rare to get 2 sheen procs in a gank and the extra mana is pretty helpful imo. it's close, but I prefer sheen over zeal when triforcing on Xin. the real truth is that I prefer just going ghostblade on him if I want a post FF offensive item.

Why? Is it for sticking power? If so, why not Blade?
God Bless
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
April 28 2014 21:39 GMT
#455
On April 29 2014 05:31 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2014 20:29 Mogwai wrote:
it's not rare to get 2 sheen procs in a gank and the extra mana is pretty helpful imo. it's close, but I prefer sheen over zeal when triforcing on Xin. the real truth is that I prefer just going ghostblade on him if I want a post FF offensive item.

Why? Is it for sticking power? If so, why not Blade?

cheaper, arpen, active for ganking power.

Yes blade helps you stick as well, but a ghostblade gank is almost as strong and it is cheaper, now if only the damn crit was a usefull stat it would be a great item.

If I'm snowballing heavily from a midgame fight I'll buy the brutaliser in addition to my flare before I build the 2 tank items (Banshee and Randuins, unless full AD team then its sunfire+randuins), so if the game goes long enough at some point I have to either sell my brutaliser or build it into an item, and ghostblade fits xin better than BC.

Personally I think he does enough damage that a blade second item simply delays his tank stats too much. I had a few games where I sat on a cutlass for a while, but I still think ghostblade is the more gold efficient choice.

Regarding triforce, obviously it might be a great second offensive item, but it simply is too expensive just like Botrk. By 20 minutes you need at least 1 tank item finished, ideally 1.5 (BV + wardens or Randuin + cowl), I haven't felt as if I could justify a Triforce except for the rare game where I go legendary before teamfights even start. Still even in that case I prefer buying tankstats and becomming unkillable.
DiracMonopole
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1555 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-29 18:48:34
April 29 2014 18:48 GMT
#456
How do you feel about sword of the divine on xin? Autocrit on all q attacks.
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
April 29 2014 19:34 GMT
#457
On April 30 2014 03:48 DiracMonopole wrote:
How do you feel about sword of the divine on xin? Autocrit on all q attacks.

Not sure if that was an honest question, but i'll answer it anyway. Personally I feel sword of the divine is always a waste. Yes 3 crits in a row sound nice, but first off Xin doesn't build IE so those 3 crits might not even be enough to oneshot someone.

In general there is no reason to build crit on Xin. I'll accept it as a byproduct of the Triforce simply because all other stats are great, but trying to play Xin as a tryndamere (meaning meele carry) is a recipe for disaster instead of a winning build.

Just as any other bruiser the question should be "how much offense can i build before I need to be tanky", there is no truly correct answer because it varies from game to game, but Sword of the Divine needs at least an IE as well to be halfway decent (and frankly if you want to go that route, build a phantom dancer instead). 3 Items offense is always too much. Better aim for a decent two item build (meaning synergy between your two items). So with flare as a given first item, you have 3 decent choices on Xin. Triforce and Botrk for the rich, ghostblade for the slightly cheaper option.
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
April 29 2014 20:10 GMT
#458
Unless I have a Lulu, Morg or Soraka, I feel very unsafe building a Feral Flare into Bork. Most of the time, I don't even get the FF'd upgraded till the game's practically over. Xin just doesn't strike me as a farming jungler compared to Noc/Shyvanna.
chalice
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1945 Posts
April 29 2014 21:27 GMT
#459
with xin you're supposed to stack your flare on champions.
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
April 29 2014 22:02 GMT
#460
On April 30 2014 06:27 chalice wrote:
with xin you're supposed to stack your flare on champions.


yeah but until the next patch arrives (where it becomes weaker) only big monsters count for the initial transformation. Generally I try to finish my flare around 18-19 minutes, that might be 5 minutes slower than udyr or shyvana, but my impact on ganks and lanes is much higher in the meantime.

Still at best I'll do 3 seperate ganks before my flare is done (with exceptions, if the enemy laner overextends a lot after he already burned his summoners, I might decide to forget flare and camp that lane for 3 minutes straight, such stupidity deserves to be punished).
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 177
ProTech121
Nina 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2249
Shuttle 1258
Dewaltoss 55
Bale 52
Noble 46
Snow 44
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm165
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1051
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King300
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor528
Other Games
summit1g9950
JimRising 710
C9.Mang0311
PiGStarcraft308
ArmadaUGS56
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta21
• Letter147
• Response 6
• practicex 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo831
• Stunt183
Other Games
• Scarra763
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 3m
OSC
18h 3m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.