• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:12
CEST 05:12
KST 12:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9589 users

[Champion] Renekton - Page 8

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Hidden_MotiveS
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada2562 Posts
February 04 2012 02:54 GMT
#141
Renekton can apply all 3 stacks of Black Cleaver with his W at once :o
I don't know why you guys don't rush it as a first item before boots 1 :D
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
February 04 2012 13:07 GMT
#142
On February 03 2012 15:19 jacosajh wrote:
I think damage items on Renekton drop in effectiveness after the laning phase. I've had some experience stomping ~1400 ELO, and what I've found to work was getting Dorans, Brutalizer, and Phage to start. But then getting Tankier with FM and Atmogs thereafter to be more effective.

In games that have gone long enough, I have Merc Treads, Atma's, Frozen Mallet, Warmogs, Guardian, and Force of Nature.


His damage doesnt fall off, its just that he's kinda like pantheon in that if he can't 3-shot a squishy he is just useless outside of being able to stun a guy every few seconds, but you can't afford building pure damage.

I've kinda being following smash's pantheon build early game and later I get a mallet+GA OR randuin+banshees, with the rest being damage items.
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
jacosajh
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
2919 Posts
February 05 2012 16:55 GMT
#143
Didn't say his damage falls off. But building damage loses effectiveness. You can't dish out any damage if you die in 3 seconds. On the other hand with your ult, you can have sustainable Dps in teamfight as long as you live.

Why get banshees when you can get FON?
The black cleaver sounds pretty good but I guess alot of people favor brutalize for cdr.
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
February 05 2012 20:34 GMT
#144
On February 06 2012 01:55 jacosajh wrote:
Didn't say his damage falls off. But building damage loses effectiveness. You can't dish out any damage if you die in 3 seconds. On the other hand with your ult, you can have sustainable Dps in teamfight as long as you live.

Why get banshees when you can get FON?
The black cleaver sounds pretty good but I guess alot of people favor brutalize for cdr.


I dunno I'm just trying stuff out. I'm not a good player by any means. I just thought if I can get away with building just 2 defensive items randuin's+banshee would be a good combo cuz they both provide some health too.
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
Pulselol
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1628 Posts
May 02 2012 09:53 GMT
#145
I literally cannot beat Renekton in lane as Riven in the early game unless my jungle comes and crushes him once or twice (and even then, it's difficult for the jungle to do so because Renekton has quite a nice escape dash).

Am I doing it wrong? Or is Renekton really that good against Riven?
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
May 02 2012 10:37 GMT
#146
Insta bought the new skin <3<3
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
May 02 2012 11:53 GMT
#147
On May 02 2012 19:37 AsnSensation wrote:
Insta bought the new skin <3<3


Yeah, this patch cost me 1900 RP. Had to instabuy the Irelia skin too. Now I just need to start playing Irelia again.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
May 02 2012 13:00 GMT
#148
yeah dat ass on the irelia skin might buy it, too but lets not discuss here since it's the alligator thread.^^
heroyi
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1064 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 15:23:18
May 26 2012 05:37 GMT
#149
On May 02 2012 18:53 Pulselol wrote:
I literally cannot beat Renekton in lane as Riven in the early game unless my jungle comes and crushes him once or twice (and even then, it's difficult for the jungle to do so because Renekton has quite a nice escape dash).

Am I doing it wrong? Or is Renekton really that good against Riven?

Riven should not be getting stomped on that hard by Renekton...you are definitely doing something wrong.

Topic about Renekton's damage/usefulness late game:
He doesn't necessarily have to keep building AD till late game to be effective. Him becoming a bruiser makes him an annoyance still. Gets a buttload of hp (increased survivability time in teamfights) while still maintaining an effective dps output.

off topic: When in hell did Renekton get so much attention all of a sudden? I remember almost never seeing a Renekton player top before when I mained him nor have I ever heard so much about him either...

I still think need he needs a rework on his passive considering its a definition of a rage system while Tryn gets an actual rage passive :/
wat wat in my pants
Ushio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada868 Posts
June 12 2012 21:40 GMT
#150
So which renekton skin is most worth the money? They dont seem to have new animations of anything :/
http://myanimelist.net/profile/billng
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
June 12 2012 22:49 GMT
#151
On June 13 2012 06:40 Ushio wrote:
So which renekton skin is most worth the money? They dont seem to have new animations of anything :/

Rune Wars Renektons has new particle effects, though.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
June 13 2012 01:19 GMT
#152
hah, was psyched to see the renek thread bumped and it was a question about skins.

Has anybody had much luck against rumble, and if so what works well?

I've tried maxing W faster and going for really heavy slice - W - Dice away before stun wears off, but if they're fast enough to activate flame thrower you still get chunked for a bit.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 02:33:58
June 13 2012 02:33 GMT
#153
I dunno. I tend to do well (even at least) in the matchup, but there are few good Rumble's out there to accurately gauge it against.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Plague1503
Profile Joined October 2010
Croatia466 Posts
June 13 2012 12:06 GMT
#154
Yo, another Renek lane question! ^^ I bought him recently and I'm thrilled, at first I lost 3 games like a complete noob (built him with def masteries, offtanky kinda, I was useless) but ever since I started abusing my early and midgame damage by playing aggressive I'm getting insane results.
But today, I laned vs Yorick. I even got 2 kills on lvl1 from a Blue Invasion, went to Top and encountered Yorick. EVERY time I tried my standard E>W>Q>E combo to harass him, I ended up losing the exchange or outright dying to the fucking ghouls. (we won the game but that's not the point).
Is there any way to outtrade him in lane or is my best bet freezing/camping at tower and getting in last hits when I can?
"Good luck." "I don't need luck. I have ammo."
ManicMarine
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia409 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-05 03:00:09
July 05 2012 02:59 GMT
#155
On June 13 2012 21:06 Plague1503 wrote:
Yo, another Renek lane question! ^^ I bought him recently and I'm thrilled, at first I lost 3 games like a complete noob (built him with def masteries, offtanky kinda, I was useless) but ever since I started abusing my early and midgame damage by playing aggressive I'm getting insane results.
But today, I laned vs Yorick. I even got 2 kills on lvl1 from a Blue Invasion, went to Top and encountered Yorick. EVERY time I tried my standard E>W>Q>E combo to harass him, I ended up losing the exchange or outright dying to the fucking ghouls. (we won the game but that's not the point).
Is there any way to outtrade him in lane or is my best bet freezing/camping at tower and getting in last hits when I can?


Yorick is pretty much designed to outsustain every other champion in lane. Renek's really good at bullying people around lane, but you're not going to be able to bully Yorick, so he's a bit of a soft counter. Ways to solve this: ganks from jungler (of course) + I often like to troll up and down river with my mid laner getting kills at top and mid. This only works if you've got a champion in mid who's fast and can gank well. Get golems or wolves to top up your farm, a good Yorick will outfarm you because you basically need to farm at turret to avoid losing all your HP.
Manic by name, Manic by nature.
Vaporized
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1471 Posts
August 21 2012 01:39 GMT
#156
ive been playing a ton of renekton the last few days and he is really fun. i dont usually play real aggressive so renekton is a breath of fresh air cuz i go hard with him. i stomped a vlad too which was refreshing.

my question is: is there any champ you WOULDN'T pick renekton into top lane? i havent faced a yorick yet, im thinking that could be tough. ive just been picking him no matter what im up against to get a sense of what he can do. im kind of curious how a lane vs riven would go too.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 21 2012 01:40 GMT
#157
irelia
Vaporized
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1471 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 01:53:38
August 21 2012 01:49 GMT
#158
very enlightening.

zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 05:27:06
August 29 2012 05:22 GMT
#159
Irelia just needs to last until level 7 or so, and then her true damage starts biting you in the arse. You can't force her out of lane easily because she can just build armor and her sustain will offset most of your damage. You have to shut her down pretty hard early on for that to not happen (or if they build like an idiot... then the matchup is yours for the taking).

Jayce has given me problems, he'd just boot me away if he didn't want to trade, and I just kind of sat there wondering what on earth I was supposed to do because you can't really do much once you burn slice and dice.

I wouldn't pick him against Malphite, but he's banned 24/7. Udyr would probably be problematic as he can just turtle until he can smash Renekton's face in. Poppy has given me problems because the amount of armor she gets from her w starts to add up, so if she survives long enough her armor and regen makes it hard to kill her. Possibly Lee Sin, but that probably comes down to skill. I imagine if the matchup is completely equal skill wise, Lee Sin simply has more utility than Renekton, so he'd probably be more useful in teamfights.

Pretty short list all things considered. :>
bokeevboke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Singapore1674 Posts
September 05 2012 10:09 GMT
#160
Has anyone got success with CDR items on Renekton? or is it troll build. I recently bought him and the most success I had is building cdr masteries, cdr boots and brutalizer (i get roughly 40% cdr). Which is huge, you remain active in prolonged fights since you don't do sustained damage, but you do combos a lot.
Its grack
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings52
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 193
PiLiPiLi 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3141
ViBE156
Bale 22
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
NeuroSwarm214
Counter-Strike
summit1g7184
taco 640
Other Games
JimRising 576
WinterStarcraft418
C9.Mang0291
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1084
BasetradeTV176
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP108
• davetesta26
• practicex 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1098
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.