• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:21
CEST 10:21
KST 17:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9189 users

[Champion] Renekton - Page 10

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Malphite
Profile Joined December 2012
United States186 Posts
June 13 2013 18:52 GMT
#181
after 200 games ranked with renekton.. rushing brut and maybe a dorans first back... is the only items u need offensively. waste if u build more AD. he doesn't scale like riven when u build AD. brut/dorans and sunfire early will rape any top lane.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
June 17 2013 15:30 GMT
#182
Sure you would say that, Malphite. Just so he can't hurt you at all with you 300 armor.
Silentenigma
Profile Joined July 2009
Turkey2037 Posts
June 17 2013 21:40 GMT
#183
On September 19 2012 03:02 BlasiuS wrote:
How do you trade with Riven as renekton? Is there a way to, or is renekton just hard-countered by a riven of ≥ skill? I always have trouble against riven as renek.

Rene is one of hard counters to riven.You outtrade and outscale riven in even levels.Just dont get lvl 2 or lvl 6 cheesed.Only chance to stay even trades for riven is maxing her E.
Every time she comes to stun you you can stun her first and Q her.You can also dodge her Q s with your E.
日本語が上手ですね
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 02 2013 00:51 GMT
#184
I'm really bad at Renekton, like I think I've won like one game with him bad. Anyone got some beginner tips? I would like to be good at him because I think he's a solid Top laner, but there's just something about him I'm not wrapping my head around. I feel like I lose almost all trades even if I get a little bit ahead.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
July 02 2013 01:15 GMT
#185
On July 02 2013 09:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
I'm really bad at Renekton, like I think I've won like one game with him bad. Anyone got some beginner tips? I would like to be good at him because I think he's a solid Top laner, but there's just something about him I'm not wrapping my head around. I feel like I lose almost all trades even if I get a little bit ahead.


I mean, you probably know this, but in case you don't...

E in -> W stun -> Q -> E out should work in most matchups and win you trades without much/any return damage.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 02 2013 01:22 GMT
#186
On July 02 2013 10:15 Complete wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2013 09:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
I'm really bad at Renekton, like I think I've won like one game with him bad. Anyone got some beginner tips? I would like to be good at him because I think he's a solid Top laner, but there's just something about him I'm not wrapping my head around. I feel like I lose almost all trades even if I get a little bit ahead.


I mean, you probably know this, but in case you don't...

E in -> W stun -> Q -> E out should work in most matchups and win you trades without much/any return damage.

I think I've been Q-ing before W, but this makes a lot more sense.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
July 02 2013 01:55 GMT
#187
Levels 1~3 use your fury to empower your W; it does insane amounts of damage. Post lvl 5 when you have 3+ levels in Q start empowering that instead. When you have level 2 Q and level 1 W it doesn't matter which one you empower, they do roughly the same damage.

A good trick with Renekton is to build your fury to 40~45, then do your combo. E->W->Q->E out. Using W gives you 10 fury if you're under 50 so make sure you account for that when trading. However, you don't always have to stun before using Q. After you get level 3 Q, as long as you're hitting the enemy laner with empowered Qs you should be able to win basically any trade. Also don't be afraid to auto them and trade that way, as well. The heal from Q more than makes up for whatever minion damage you'll take. As long as you're saving your second E activation to disengage you should never really lose any trades. Post-6 you stomp on almost every single other laner whenever your ult is up, especially if you take ignite. You can even 1v2 some situations with your ult.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 02 2013 02:06 GMT
#188
Maybe I've been playing too passive in lane then. Good advice all around, I'll be sure to try this next time.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-02 02:31:16
July 02 2013 02:30 GMT
#189
Manage your fury well. Push the lane so you hit 2 first, then get an empowered w+and slice and dice off on your opponent. It should leave them quite low, and let you dictate the lane (at least until the enemy jungler comes around). If you don't push the wave after that, the opposing wave will push back and be at your tower at around level 4-5, which gives you a really good opportunity to force your opponent to recall or to kill them. Build tanky aside from brutalizer, Renekton's base damage is really good (generally get defenses before brutalizer- ie, sunfire cape and merc treads or tabi).

Also I suggest watching/reading Souza's guides, because you can get a really good idea of how to play Renekton in a variety of matchups. I already had a pretty good idea of how to play Croc, but his guides helped iron out a lot of the kinks in my play and start winning 60-70% of my games with him.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409971
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
July 02 2013 06:02 GMT
#190
I usually get brutalizer, but will occasionally get 2 dblades instead. I usually do this in games where getting brutalizer/cleaver isn't optimal (you need to be super tanky and can't afford to spend so much on damage for example). As Renekton you always want to get some damage due to how great you scale with AD, but don't go overboard buying damage unless you're completely stomping since as Renekton you usually want to be in the thick of things when teamfights start.
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
July 07 2013 05:21 GMT
#191
Trying pick up Renekton. I have a problem sometimes deciding weather or not to really focus on harass. Curently I'm just doing the combo every time E is up, but sometimes I find (especially vs sustain champs) I miss some CS and I slowly fall behind.

How do I know when it's appropriate to trade?
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
HoriZoNXI
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia310 Posts
July 07 2013 07:02 GMT
#192
I'm mid-silver elo and wrecking with Renekton so far 6-0, winning every lane. However I have no paid any attention to his fury or passive but focus on csing and harassing when my CD's are up and his are down (usually). Should I start focusing on using the right skill with fury and if so which for what situation?
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
July 07 2013 08:09 GMT
#193
Personally, I focus on last hitting and pushing the lane to build up fury. Levels 1~3 I make a point of trading when my stuff is off cooldown and I can hit them with empowered W. Level 4+, you want to initiate trades at 40~49 fury. E in ->W->Q then auto attack or E out depending on the situation. This way, you hit them with empowered Q immediately after stunning them. Sometimes, depending on how safe they're playing and/or the match-up, it may be hard to hit them with the stun. In those cases, just build up 50+ fury, E in into Q range, use empowered Q. If possible, trade with empowered skills; the damage difference and your ability to trade is hugely different between using empowered and non-empowered skills.

Generally speaking, you get the most damage levels 1~3 from empowered W and from levels 4+, you get the most damage from empowered Q. You should be maxing Q>E>W, although I think Darien has maxed E>Q>W before but that's a more teamfight oriented build.
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
September 03 2013 02:03 GMT
#194
Starting items for renekton? I tried dolans shield and pots vs Irelia (jungle camped, not enough sustain) and rejuv/5pots/ward vs malph and neither seemed to work well.
@miicah88
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
September 03 2013 02:40 GMT
#195
Those both work. Although you can also start dblade or red elixer+3 if you want to all-in at level 2/3

Both those matchups should be in your favor tho...Altho malph might be a bit harder.
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
September 03 2013 06:32 GMT
#196
Yes the Irelia won was going well but I was overconfident and assumed their Lee had left. She snowballed levels/phage off that. Malph had a very weak early game but it seemed once he hit around 4/5 his Q poke was huge - I did run 21/9/0 in that lane so that probably had something to do with it.

I have been rushing hydra but it makes me feel squishy so I think I may stop that.
@miicah88
ZataN
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand414 Posts
September 04 2013 04:41 GMT
#197
On September 03 2013 15:32 miicah wrote:
Yes the Irelia won was going well but I was overconfident and assumed their Lee had left. She snowballed levels/phage off that. Malph had a very weak early game but it seemed once he hit around 4/5 his Q poke was huge - I did run 21/9/0 in that lane so that probably had something to do with it.

I have been rushing hydra but it makes me feel squishy so I think I may stop that.

I just build hydra first and build no more damage items generally. Sometimes I just build tiamat and go straight into Sunfire. The tiamat improves renekton's combo a bunch with the W cancel I feel like its worth it. Im pretty bad though.
CJ BABY | FAKER > PAWN BELIEVE IT
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 07:58:14
September 04 2013 07:44 GMT
#198
On September 03 2013 15:32 miicah wrote:
Yes the Irelia won was going well but I was overconfident and assumed their Lee had left. She snowballed levels/phage off that. Malph had a very weak early game but it seemed once he hit around 4/5 his Q poke was huge - I did run 21/9/0 in that lane so that probably had something to do with it.

I have been rushing hydra but it makes me feel squishy so I think I may stop that.

If you rush hydra then at the point where teamfights break out you are generally way too squishy. Renekton is one of my most played champs and at this point the most I ever build is a brutalizer and that's only if something occurred to make me really fed early. Otherwise I just build sunfire or visage first depending on the lane matchup and the enemy team comp. You beat Irelia in early levels but if you don't punish her enough or you get cocky, it's very easy for Irelia to start being able to 1v1 you once she has enough armor. Especially if you rush hydra or something you won't have enough health to be able to beat through Irelia's lvl 4-5 hiten true damage. It's similar with malphite except if you just let the lane go too easy for him neither of you will be able to kill each other and it's really annoying to not be able to pressure a lane as Renekton. Renekton doesn't even really need offensive items to do a lot of damage in teamfights. Just with sunfire + ult you do quite a bit of aoe magic damage and I still end up with a lot of kills just going sunfire+visage as my first two items. Play Renekton like Darien. Forget tiamat and hydra.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
September 04 2013 08:45 GMT
#199
Yeah, on Rene i usually get either a dorans blade or a brutaliser if i feel like i need damage in lane, and straight into visage/sunfire afterwards. Tiamat/Hydra is nice i guess, but for the same amount of money you could have a brutaliser and half a sunfire cape. Which is both better in lane and better in teamfights.
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1193
BeSt 325
Soma 245
Soulkey 228
sorry 154
Larva 81
Mind 66
Bale 26
ZerO 26
soO 24
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
scan(afreeca) 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm194
League of Legends
JimRising 579
Counter-Strike
edward333
Other Games
summit1g8035
singsing819
Coldzera 679
WinterStarcraft672
Sick202
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2227
League of Legends
• Jankos1411
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 39m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.