• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:52
CEST 02:52
KST 09:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9665 users

[Champion] Tryndamere - Page 4

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
May 07 2011 01:34 GMT
#61
Bellaflica build looks pretty close to one of the standard jungle builds for melee dps junglers (olaf/noc close to this).
Red- ArPen
Yellow - Armor
Blue - MRes
Quint - MS

I will have to try h4ckers set up. It looks very promising.
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
May 07 2011 04:01 GMT
#62
On May 07 2011 10:15 yellowguan wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

I like the discussion this thread is moving onto,
The values of critchance/critdmg/armor pen for Tryndamere reds are varied, along with many of the other types of glyphs.. and many HIGH ELO players who play Tryndamere have very varied rune pages and playstyles:

For Jungling,

H4ckerv2, probably the most renowned Tryndamere and most heavily discussed in this thread, he obviously uses ASPD and ARPEN, along with CDR, there's nothing else to discuss about him.

Bellaflica, among other tryndameres (I saw cowboys use this rune page) employs yellow armors, mresists at 18, ARPEN, and most interestingly, movespd quints, (As discussed before, he needs this for the 3 avarice build) are also pretty successful Tryndameres.

For Laning,

ENFOTHESLAYER before the Tryndamere 5 second ult nerf/buff used crit chance and LITERALLY carried himself up to 1800 ELO (check his champions played, 2nd most played is 10 games with Ashe), however, his recent games have been showing lack of ability, so he probably hasn't adjusted to this new patch. One thing worth noting is that he even dedicates his rune pages to situations for ranked play, something I would like to go more in depth...

However, there's one Tryndamere that has quite possibly the most outrageous rune page,
Jenika has junk for a runepage, but the most important thing from his rune page is crit dmg and move speed, and despite this, his win ratio is 57% and he played a whopping 400 games. I have no idea how he plays Tryndamere, but it must be a treat to watch.

Scyx17 lately has also been playing Tryndamere, i'd like to see how he plays him

So from what i've collected the most viable
Reds: ARPen/Crit DMG/Crit Chance/Aspd
Yellows:Armor/Aspd/CritChance
Blues:Mresist/Aspd/CDR
Quints: Anything mentioned from the red plus movespeed

EDIT: I have a question concerning h4cker's heart of gold + phage playstyle as of late, his stream is on right now and i wonder why he goes this route, any answers?


mm good stuff, I needed more trynd players to stalk. H4cker tries a lot of different stuff, and I've seen him go frozen mallet vs bursty teams (he tried a rageblade recently). Jenika... wow. As far as I can tell he plays mostly lane Trynd, and that crazy runepage is his ONLY page (also he's 57% wins out of a whopping 725!!!! tryndamere games). He must be hiding his runes or something, because if you play 900 ranked games and have 387 normal wins, plus however many losses, you have enough IP to buy the moon and crash it into the earth.

ENFO, unless I'm thinking of someone else, took a longish break from LoL a while back, which is probably why he's spamming trynd normals to get used to the new patch.
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
May 07 2011 07:58 GMT
#63
On May 07 2011 10:15 yellowguan wrote:
I like the discussion this thread is moving onto,
The values of critchance/critdmg/armor pen for Tryndamere reds are varied, along with many of the other types of glyphs.. and many HIGH ELO players who play Tryndamere have very varied rune pages and playstyles:

For Jungling,

H4ckerv2, probably the most renowned Tryndamere and most heavily discussed in this thread, he obviously uses ASPD and ARPEN, along with CDR, there's nothing else to discuss about him.

Bellaflica, among other tryndameres (I saw cowboys use this rune page) employs yellow armors, mresists at 18, ARPEN, and most interestingly, movespd quints, (As discussed before, he needs this for the 3 avarice build) are also pretty successful Tryndameres.

For Laning,

ENFOTHESLAYER before the Tryndamere 5 second ult nerf/buff used crit chance and LITERALLY carried himself up to 1800 ELO (check his champions played, 2nd most played is 10 games with Ashe), however, his recent games have been showing lack of ability, so he probably hasn't adjusted to this new patch. One thing worth noting is that he even dedicates his rune pages to situations for ranked play, something I would like to go more in depth...

However, there's one Tryndamere that has quite possibly the most outrageous rune page,
Jenika has junk for a runepage, but the most important thing from his rune page is crit dmg and move speed, and despite this, his win ratio is 57% and he played a whopping 400 games. I have no idea how he plays Tryndamere, but it must be a treat to watch.

Scyx17 lately has also been playing Tryndamere, i'd like to see how he plays him

So from what i've collected the most viable
Reds: ARPen/Crit DMG/Crit Chance/Aspd
Yellows:Armor/Aspd/CritChance
Blues:Mresist/Aspd/CDR
Quints: Anything mentioned from the red plus movespeed

EDIT: I have a question concerning h4cker's heart of gold + phage playstyle as of late, his stream is on right now and i wonder why he goes this route, any answers?

okay even though he's a jerk and I hate him you forgot gingerbrown who's at 2.1k atm
he changed his tryn rune page to arpen red, yellow armor, flat mres blue, movespeed quint
7 recent games with random shit built, always wriggles + zerk, usually IE, with avarice => youmuu and starks
yeyeyeye
:)
yellowguan
Profile Joined December 2010
43 Posts
May 08 2011 01:57 GMT
#64
samster also trying tryn out, laning however.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 02:04:06
May 08 2011 02:03 GMT
#65
that is jiji and he's trolling. He just kills Chu with a trollface on and dies.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
yellowguan
Profile Joined December 2010
43 Posts
May 08 2011 20:43 GMT
#66
Hehe, i just played versus Scyx17 and went 5/0 as jungle tryn, hes prolly gonna tank his ELO again and play tryn, hahahaha

I've been trying the runes from what i mentioned earlier ago and concluded some things:

Armor pen is definately better if you're rushing youmuus, because it scales much more with youmuus, if you're doing the classic 3 avarice, i suggest crit damage b/c ur hitting about~ 75+ crit chance anyways.

Double golem + leash is pretty damn godsend for a tryn, you actually have potential to clear the whole jungle!
Ian Ian Ian
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
915 Posts
May 10 2011 17:49 GMT
#67
Cloak & Dagger more viable then PD now? What do you guys think?

I build my tryn crit gloves->zerks->infinity->PD->thirster->thirster
yellowguan
Profile Joined December 2010
43 Posts
May 13 2011 09:00 GMT
#68
!!!!!!!!
http://twitter.com/#!/RiotGuinsoo/status/67695810632089600

What is this?

Why are they possibly gonna ruin my precious tryndamere!?

His ult's probably gonna be based off of his rage, and that it lowers to 0 and he dies on his ult
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-13 12:33:49
May 13 2011 12:31 GMT
#69
To throw my 2 cents in about Rune pages, I like to go for Crit Chance runes. I'll have like, 30-40% crit at level one (at full health) this way, and it helps. The main thing it helps is getting bloodlust stacks, so you can stay in lane for longer, or stay in jungle longer. Doing both of these things mean you get more farm, and more farm means you get your items alot faster. It helps hit like a truck occasionally, but thats just a bonus. Beyond that, it lets you switch up your build a bit (for the better). I'll turn my brawlers glove into an Avarice blade, get boots and a vampiric, and then head straight to BF sword/IE. The 20% crit from runes effectively lets me skip getting an early zeal that I see most other Trynds getting, since I don't need the crit. Its sacrificing the AS and stuff you would get from Zeal, but IMO Trynd is all about running into a battle, criting people in the face for a million damage. So i'd rather get early damage than early AS.

I haven't used other rune pages with Trynd (other than Crit Damage like over a year ago), so I'm not sure if overall its better than stuff like armor pen or AS runes. Works for me, though.

Cloak and Daggar seems great on Trynd, I'm just not sure if Berserker Greaves or Boots of Swiftness are a better combination with it. Been trying both.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
May 15 2011 20:45 GMT
#70
On May 13 2011 21:31 Sentenal wrote:
To throw my 2 cents in about Rune pages, I like to go for Crit Chance runes. I'll have like, 30-40% crit at level one (at full health) this way, and it helps. The main thing it helps is getting bloodlust stacks, so you can stay in lane for longer, or stay in jungle longer. Doing both of these things mean you get more farm, and more farm means you get your items alot faster. It helps hit like a truck occasionally, but thats just a bonus. Beyond that, it lets you switch up your build a bit (for the better). I'll turn my brawlers glove into an Avarice blade, get boots and a vampiric, and then head straight to BF sword/IE. The 20% crit from runes effectively lets me skip getting an early zeal that I see most other Trynds getting, since I don't need the crit. Its sacrificing the AS and stuff you would get from Zeal, but IMO Trynd is all about running into a battle, criting people in the face for a million damage. So i'd rather get early damage than early AS.

I haven't used other rune pages with Trynd (other than Crit Damage like over a year ago), so I'm not sure if overall its better than stuff like armor pen or AS runes. Works for me, though.

Cloak and Daggar seems great on Trynd, I'm just not sure if Berserker Greaves or Boots of Swiftness are a better combination with it. Been trying both.

isnt CD like slightly more expensive than zeal but gives CCR(crowd control reduce) and more as/crit?
Seems like a good early item you can sell later if you arent getting mercs.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-21 11:57:49
June 21 2011 11:57 GMT
#71
ok, there 3 pages of runepage discussions here, so what is the actual good item build?
i have seen tanky, AP, crit AD, atkspeed ad.


i always go to ghostblade->IE route, but maybe that is inefficient?
Ian Ian Ian
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
915 Posts
June 29 2011 16:43 GMT
#72
I don't play LoL often but when I do I love toying around as Tryn in jungle.. and lately I've been playing a super aggresive counter jungle and it works REALLY well. With the spin it's really easy to escape, and I find myself getting first blood 95% of games because people will chase me at low health and then I just turn around and crit them 2 or 3 times.

Also, lately I've been going our wraiths-enemy blue for a gank on enemy jungler and instead of getting Q at level 1, taking spin so I can catch them when they ghost, and I haven't failed at that yet. What are people supposed to be doing to counter that? Is mid supposed to stick around longer or..?
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
July 01 2011 14:07 GMT
#73
On June 30 2011 01:43 Ian Ian Ian wrote:
I don't play LoL often but when I do I love toying around as Tryn in jungle.. and lately I've been playing a super aggresive counter jungle and it works REALLY well. With the spin it's really easy to escape, and I find myself getting first blood 95% of games because people will chase me at low health and then I just turn around and crit them 2 or 3 times.

Also, lately I've been going our wraiths-enemy blue for a gank on enemy jungler and instead of getting Q at level 1, taking spin so I can catch them when they ghost, and I haven't failed at that yet. What are people supposed to be doing to counter that? Is mid supposed to stick around longer or..?


Have mid pull blue, and jungler to attack blue in bush. That way, he has enough hp and a closer distance to top lane tower in case he needs to run. At least that's what I do as amumu since he's really vulnerable to being countered at blue. If it works for amumu, it should work for a lot of junglers also.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
July 02 2011 11:47 GMT
#74
So yeah uh I hate to admit this, but I basically just lost to a AP tryn who would literally 1shot me with spin and healed for 1k+ every few seconds.

Dunno if anyone here has ever tried it but it seemed pretty ridiculous.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
July 02 2011 17:30 GMT
#75
On July 02 2011 20:47 Hakker wrote:
So yeah uh I hate to admit this, but I basically just lost to a AP tryn who would literally 1shot me with spin and healed for 1k+ every few seconds.

Dunno if anyone here has ever tried it but it seemed pretty ridiculous.

It's really terrible, he should just pick Sion or Yi instead. Spin in -> get instafocused and can't even escape during ulti because you can't spin away. Of course if no one builds mres it might work.

Btw my new Tryndamere build is: Avarice, Hog and boots 1 -> zerkers and cloak and dagger -> Aegis -> Youmu -> Trinity Force.

My normal game experimenting has shown that this build is really OP, especially the Aegis.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Ian Ian Ian
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
915 Posts
July 02 2011 18:04 GMT
#76
No ie what?

I usually go Crit gloves -> Zerks -> bf -> ie

I feel like ie is just too cost effective to leave out, especially since everything on it benefits tryn
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
July 02 2011 19:58 GMT
#77
On July 03 2011 03:04 Ian Ian Ian wrote:
No ie what?

I usually go Crit gloves -> Zerks -> bf -> ie

I feel like ie is just too cost effective to leave out, especially since everything on it benefits tryn

IE's later, if you rush it like that you'll just get kited or CCd to death, movespeed is more useful from my experience.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Ian Ian Ian
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
915 Posts
July 03 2011 04:55 GMT
#78
You get hog and avarice before zerkers though..
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
July 03 2011 11:36 GMT
#79
On July 03 2011 13:55 Ian Ian Ian wrote:
You get hog and avarice before zerkers though..

Yeah o.O gp5 is way more useful during early laning in my opinion and boots 1 is good enough at that time.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
July 04 2011 02:32 GMT
#80
IE rush sounds good in theory, but it has all the stats that Trynd gets for free (crit, damage, crit damage), while Ghostblade gives you a great mix of stats that you don't have (arpen, CDR, AS/MS on active) as well as some AD and crit. IE makes Trynd hit like a truck, but isn't a good first big item imo.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings86
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O163
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 194
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1013
ZZZero.O 163
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
League of Legends
Doublelift4715
JimRising 723
Counter-Strike
minikerr21
Other Games
summit1g10510
C9.Mang0321
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP127
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 8m
Replay Cast
22h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.