• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:01
CEST 07:01
KST 14:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7684 users

[Champion] Warwick - Page 8

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
December 07 2010 21:26 GMT
#141
IlyVm (or something like that) plays a sick lanewick, but he obv. prefers jungle.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
AbyssV3
Profile Joined April 2010
United States172 Posts
December 07 2010 22:11 GMT
#142
I go with the above build and it works lovely.

For my runes, however, I use pure AS on Reds/Yellows/Blues with HP Quints.
QuakeNet #ragequit.tv - http://www.RAGEQUIT.tv - Home of Ipp, World Famous Elmer Fudd accent
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 11 2010 11:31 GMT
#143
Why do you take HP quints? What do they do for you in particular that makes you choose them over something else?
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
AbyssV3
Profile Joined April 2010
United States172 Posts
December 12 2010 01:33 GMT
#144
On December 11 2010 20:31 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Why do you take HP quints? What do they do for you in particular that makes you choose them over something else?


Personally, I feel like nearly 100 health flat starting off is exceptional compared to all other runes. I've never had any other quints to try, but the ones I looked over it never seemed to be more useful than 100 extra health.

However, I've been trying to think of a way to had mana regen into my build. I'm struggling with mana regen throughout the entire game - if I ever don't have golem I'm useless after a couple Qs/R, and even though I could be full health, I have no sustainability within fights.

Anyone have any suggestions on that?
QuakeNet #ragequit.tv - http://www.RAGEQUIT.tv - Home of Ipp, World Famous Elmer Fudd accent
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
December 12 2010 03:57 GMT
#145
That's a pretty big no-brainer, just get aspd quints if you really like all that aspd and use mp5/lvl yellows. Spec 1-8-21 too.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
December 13 2010 14:44 GMT
#146
On December 12 2010 10:33 AbyssV3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2010 20:31 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Why do you take HP quints? What do they do for you in particular that makes you choose them over something else?


Personally, I feel like nearly 100 health flat starting off is exceptional compared to all other runes. I've never had any other quints to try, but the ones I looked over it never seemed to be more useful than 100 extra health.

However, I've been trying to think of a way to had mana regen into my build. I'm struggling with mana regen throughout the entire game - if I ever don't have golem I'm useless after a couple Qs/R, and even though I could be full health, I have no sustainability within fights.

Anyone have any suggestions on that?

stop using Q on jungle creeps when you don't have blue buff. At least that's how I keep my mana high. I also tend to get a pretty fast b-veil, which gives you a nice 400 mana to work with.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 13 2010 17:57 GMT
#147
I pretty much never run out of mana in fights, I dunno why. Meditation should take care of it, it's not like WW is super mana intensive anyway. Try to know when teamfights are coming up and save your mana. If you're low on mana and can't get a blue buff it's probably time to back anyway. Also yes, you don't need to q minions once you have bloodrazors.

I prefer spirit visage to banshees nowadays but it's really matchup dependent. CDR is such a great stat when your ult and your q are both such teamfight wreckers.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
December 13 2010 18:03 GMT
#148
On December 14 2010 02:57 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I pretty much never run out of mana in fights, I dunno why. Meditation should take care of it, it's not like WW is super mana intensive anyway. Try to know when teamfights are coming up and save your mana. If you're low on mana and can't get a blue buff it's probably time to back anyway. Also yes, you don't need to q minions once you have bloodrazors.

I prefer spirit visage to banshees nowadays but it's really matchup dependent. CDR is such a great stat when your ult and your q are both such teamfight wreckers.

you know me, I tend to have both of them before bloodrazors, lol.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
December 13 2010 18:10 GMT
#149
On December 12 2010 12:57 TieN.nS) wrote:
That's a pretty big no-brainer, just get aspd quints if you really like all that aspd and use mp5/lvl yellows. Spec 1-8-21 too.


9/0/21 for the extra CDR and 15% mpen for even more Q's imo.
it's my first day
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
December 13 2010 18:16 GMT
#150
On December 14 2010 03:10 myopia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 12:57 TieN.nS) wrote:
That's a pretty big no-brainer, just get aspd quints if you really like all that aspd and use mp5/lvl yellows. Spec 1-8-21 too.


9/0/21 for the extra CDR and 15% mpen for even more Q's imo.

yea, WW really doesn't need SoS. 15% mpen is invaluable on him, at least how I play him.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
December 13 2010 19:09 GMT
#151
On November 04 2010 23:49 Mogwai wrote:
sry, these rune suggestions are pretty far from specialized Warwick pages.

More or less stealing from HwangJk, I run almost entirely Attack Speed runes with some ArmorPenetration mixed in (get 10 ArPen from Runes, you can do this via 6 marks or 3 Quints, the ultimate effect is the same). Defensive masteries aren't at all necessary on WW, so I run 9/0/21 to get some RNG faster jungling off crits + extra AS and 2 more ArPen.

As for items, bloodrazor pre-boots 2 is pretty typical when you're doing really well, and when you transition to survivability, Phage provides a good alternative to red buff when you need to be giving it to your ranged carry, plus it builds into mallet, which is a good post-BV and post-GA item to get your health up.

The jungle path in the OP is basically all in on ganks and might be the product of not speccing enough AS to jungle fast enough, but in a standard game you should go blue -> wolves -> wraiths -> red -> golems -> razors -> threaten dragon/take dragon. taking that early red really gimps your ganking when you spend red time doing jungle and with my pre-game speccing the smite isn't even up in time for red if you do a straight blue -> wolves -> red. I also start Q, not W, when doing blue golem and when you do this, you can keep your potion to stay high while doing an early dragon.


On November 05 2010 00:36 Mogwai wrote:
3% CDR and MPen don't improve your jungle speed. I understand where you guys are coming from in terms of late game damage output, but frankly, my #1 concern with WW is early dragon control and my #2 concern with WW is early buff control. Every little bit that I can add to my ability to rule the jungle in the early phases of the game I take because endgame I just find he outlasts everyone anyway (assuming he lives through initial burst).


On December 14 2010 03:16 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 03:10 myopia wrote:
On December 12 2010 12:57 TieN.nS) wrote:
That's a pretty big no-brainer, just get aspd quints if you really like all that aspd and use mp5/lvl yellows. Spec 1-8-21 too.


9/0/21 for the extra CDR and 15% mpen for even more Q's imo.

yea, WW really doesn't need SoS. 15% mpen is invaluable on him, at least how I play him.


wat happened in this last month ehuheuhue that made you change your mind so hard

was it the ww aspd nerf?
Hey! Listen!
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
December 13 2010 19:18 GMT
#152
ummm, I dunno, I just stumbled back into reasonably high elo where you have competent carry players. at lower elos, I found myself just taking games into my own hands with WW and now that I can rely on the people who should be doing damage to actually do their damage, I just play as more of an off-tank counter-carry. You also don't get as many free ganks at higher elo. It's easy to justify a 15 minute BR rush, but when you can't get that sort of income because you're not starting every game 5-0 with 2 uncontested dragons, you start to realize that having an unfinished bloodrazor vs. SV and HoG is less valuable in terms of making yourself a problem to the opposing team.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
December 13 2010 20:37 GMT
#153
Hm, 9-0-21 makes sense since Warwick stays at full health in the jungle anyway. I'll give it a try.
Pakje
Profile Joined March 2009
Belgium288 Posts
December 15 2010 23:33 GMT
#154
how good is the new spirit visage on ww?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
December 20 2010 16:10 GMT
#155
I still get it but that extra 300 gold hurts pretty bad. I get BRs faster now since literally every tanking item I'd buy on WW got nerfed and I also sometimes mix GA in since it did not get nerfed.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-23 16:24:27
December 23 2010 16:23 GMT
#156
Just bought WW two days ago, been building him like dis:

Razor --> boots --> HoG (two if you're raping dicks) --> recurve bow --> merc treads --> BR --> visage --> negatron --> randuin's --> banshee's

IMO you really need an earlyish recurve bow to help your farming when you start giving away blue and can't use Q anymore.
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
December 23 2010 20:10 GMT
#157
Before you got told by me you were insistent on using zerk boots >:3

I wouldn't get a second HoG "if you're raping dicks": i would rather just complete my core items faster. A second HoG imo is a response to a AD carry that is doing very well etc.

I don't think the recurve is completely necessary either because with some good number of aspd runes + his w, ww's jungling speed with razor stays extremely strong. In most teamfights at that point you won't be autoattacking like crazy, and the main purpose of your autoattacks is to apply red buff / something to do while your q and w and r are on cd. I would rather be impossible to kill than add an extra second autoattack here and there; that 1050 gold is easily translated into a faster negatron / visage components + wards especially if they have a caster on a roll.
Hey! Listen!
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
December 23 2010 20:40 GMT
#158
Before you got told by me you were insistent on using zerk boots >:3


eh i actually still use greaves on him pretty often. depends on the other team comp.

I wouldn't get a second HoG "if you're raping dicks": i would rather just complete my core items faster. A second HoG imo is a response to a AD carry that is doing very well etc.


hog is number one item. go away.

I don't think the recurve is completely necessary either because with some good number of aspd runes + his w, ww's jungling speed with razor stays extremely strong. In most teamfights at that point you won't be autoattacking like crazy, and the main purpose of your autoattacks is to apply red buff / something to do while your q and w and r are on cd. I would rather be impossible to kill than add an extra second autoattack here and there; that 1050 gold is easily translated into a faster negatron / visage components + wards especially if they have a caster on a roll.


maybe. I only have as marks atm, so I need a pretty fast recurve.
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-04 03:39:50
January 04 2011 03:38 GMT
#159
Wraith jacking with warwick goes like this:

his wraiths->wolves->blue buff->his wraiths

Lulz ensue. Timing is perfect for their second spawn. If you have a dedicated warwick rune page you will even be a bit faster, then you can pop out of the mid bush to scare before popping back in and playing more PvE.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 04 2011 03:48 GMT
#160
Just a side note, I was right 3 months ago, razors -> boots -> double null magic mantle -> visage/merc -> HoG/Bloodrazors/Banshees.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech157
Nina 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2143
Shuttle 1079
Snow 123
Dewaltoss 67
Hm[arnc] 40
Bale 34
Noble 27
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
JimRising 607
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1099
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor666
Other Games
summit1g8386
PiGStarcraft293
C9.Mang0291
Mew2King175
RuFF_SC278
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS32
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2330
League of Legends
• Lourlo1002
• Rush779
• Stunt320
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 59m
OSC
16h 59m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.