• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:29
CEST 15:29
KST 22:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12748 users

[Patch 4.14] Gnar General Discussion - Page 31

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 82 Next
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 22:34:21
August 17 2014 22:26 GMT
#601
On August 18 2014 07:09 MooMooMugi wrote:
Yes, placements do take account of your MMR of last season and on a fresh account, I think only Plat V is possible assuming you go 10-0 and vs decently ranked opponents.


Placements take into account your Soft reset MMR from last season which is half way between where you ended and 1200.

From there you gain/lose about 40 MMR a game, decreasing as you play more games. The highest it's possible to get from a fresh account should be gold 5 by going 10-0 (gold 5 is/was about 1500 to 1600 MMR). Because early games have a larger impact, when you win your games has an effect on your final rating.

This is how it was before they moved to leagues(and the MMR breakpoint is the gold/play reward breakpoints) so the MMR estimation may have been changed since then. But I haven't seen anyone get over g5 from a fresh account so I suspect it's pretty close.

Edit: there may also be an adjustment based on when you do your placements. Since doing placements at the start of the season will be against a generally tougher player base (so long as you were above 1200) than it will be later after everyone has climbed back out. But I don't know about that.

Aside: this is why it's more or less impossible to place above plat 1. You would have to be 2400 mmr or higher and go 10-0. You would need around 160 more MMR to get there per loss in placements.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 17 2014 22:28 GMT
#602
uhh I've gotten higher than gold 5 on a fresh account that is def not the cap
Carrilord has arrived.
Prog
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom1470 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 22:47:25
August 17 2014 22:35 GMT
#603
Normal MMR is taken into consideration if you don't have a ranked MMR yet, if I remember correctly.

Edit: After searching a bit I think this is false (found a riot post on reddit saying you start with a clean slate and your placement in leagues is based solely on your performance in those 10 matches).
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 17 2014 22:38 GMT
#604
--- Nuked ---
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 22:41:18
August 17 2014 22:39 GMT
#605
On August 18 2014 07:28 Slusher wrote:
uhh I've gotten higher than gold 5 on a fresh account that is def not the cap

It could be possible to get higher if you duo with someone for your first placement matches as that would drag the average MMR up and increase the value of your wins. But otherwise from a fresh account it shouldn't be possible unless they changed the breakpoints from the first non divisioned season.
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
August 17 2014 22:40 GMT
#606
On August 18 2014 07:38 JimmiC wrote:
The account that I used did not participate in season 3. And I got gold 3 with 8-2.

Did you participate in season 2?
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 22:45:59
August 17 2014 22:45 GMT
#607
On August 18 2014 07:39 Goumindong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 07:28 Slusher wrote:
uhh I've gotten higher than gold 5 on a fresh account that is def not the cap

It could be possible to get higher if you duo with someone for your first placement matches as that would drag the average MMR up and increase the value of your wins. But otherwise from a fresh account it shouldn't be possible unless they changed the breakpoints from the first non divisioned season.


I was duo all 10 games with a 2nd fresh account for efficiency, we went 8-2 and got gold 3
Carrilord has arrived.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 22:58:43
August 17 2014 22:56 GMT
#608
i got like 8 2 placements on fresh account and was like silver 4, i dont see how 2 more wins would have been plat.


+ Show Spoiler +

I tell you, getting out of silver matchmaking was really hard work, you have to seal the games before 20 minute mark or else who knows wtf your team will do.
I got a lot better during that and was gold 1 but then i tookhalf a year off ánd now im low gold again due to playing like shit :D

But its going up again.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 17 2014 23:25 GMT
#609
--- Nuked ---
Goumindong
Profile Joined February 2013
United States3529 Posts
August 17 2014 23:35 GMT
#610
On August 18 2014 08:25 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 07:40 Goumindong wrote:
On August 18 2014 07:38 JimmiC wrote:
The account that I used did not participate in season 3. And I got gold 3 with 8-2.

Did you participate in season 2?



The guy said he's not sure it was before the bronze/silver/gold thing. I didn't duo at all in the placements.


If he participated in Season 2 he would/could have still had a provisional rating (up to 1400 MMR which is where decay starts, about silver 1-2 iirc) which would make gold 3 a possibility.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 17 2014 23:36 GMT
#611
there were divisions in s2, they just occured at raw mmr numbers, instead of divisions and shit
Carrilord has arrived.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 17 2014 23:43 GMT
#612
Placements are like adaptive tests. If you lose 2 first then win 8 you will get much different results from winning 8 first then lose 2.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 18 2014 00:01 GMT
#613
I'm bored. Does anyone want to duo or something?
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 00:37:38
August 18 2014 00:16 GMT
#614
Hey dudeguys. Is there a place to get vods of the OGN finals?

Nevermind found it.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
August 18 2014 04:34 GMT
#615
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/1534814_749681401745493_7972531118168826786_o.jpg

so what did chawy contributed for this year lol
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
August 18 2014 05:41 GMT
#616
On August 18 2014 07:12 iCanada wrote:
I dont get Hecarim.

Is he still a good jungler? I feel like I get big every game I play him, and then just can't carry for shit.

lol. I dont get it.


I think Keane was playing him a bunch top/mid in high challenger. I don't really see people play him in the jungle though.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 18 2014 05:44 GMT
#617
On August 18 2014 07:12 iCanada wrote:
I dont get Hecarim.

Is he still a good jungler? I feel like I get big every game I play him, and then just can't carry for shit.

lol. I dont get it.

I haven't seen him lately, but when I did and he got fed he kinda just sat in the middle of the fight with W on and drain tanked the world. What are you building?
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
August 18 2014 05:53 GMT
#618
On August 18 2014 14:44 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 07:12 iCanada wrote:
I dont get Hecarim.

Is he still a good jungler? I feel like I get big every game I play him, and then just can't carry for shit.

lol. I dont get it.

I haven't seen him lately, but when I did and he got fed he kinda just sat in the middle of the fight with W on and drain tanked the world. What are you building?

I have a highest winrate with Heca if I compare it to my other junglers. He's still pretty awesome, but that ult nerf fucked him a bit. Still clears pretty fast and his teamfight potential is awesome. I always do Elder -> Trinity > Randuins > other tanky items, like Banshees or something.
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
August 18 2014 06:05 GMT
#619
I have been loving Hecarim again as of late. I feel like such a boss in team fights and his in game quotes get me so hype. "Their souls beg for release!"
Twitter: @KingKosi
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 18 2014 06:14 GMT
#620
On August 18 2014 14:53 739 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 14:44 Gahlo wrote:
On August 18 2014 07:12 iCanada wrote:
I dont get Hecarim.

Is he still a good jungler? I feel like I get big every game I play him, and then just can't carry for shit.

lol. I dont get it.

I haven't seen him lately, but when I did and he got fed he kinda just sat in the middle of the fight with W on and drain tanked the world. What are you building?

I have a highest winrate with Heca if I compare it to my other junglers. He's still pretty awesome, but that ult nerf fucked him a bit. Still clears pretty fast and his teamfight potential is awesome. I always do Elder -> Trinity > Randuins > other tanky items, like Banshees or something.

I feel like Hec almost has to abuse the crap out of his W with things like SV and IBG/FH.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 231
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko369
SHIN 231
ProTech140
CosmosSc2 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41568
Bisu 2609
Hyuk 1832
Shuttle 1441
EffOrt 526
Mini 478
Soma 437
Larva 341
ZerO 279
firebathero 226
[ Show more ]
Last 120
hero 106
Zeus 63
Pusan 58
Sexy 48
Killer 47
Hyun 47
Trap 43
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 32
ToSsGirL 26
PianO 26
Aegong 25
zelot 21
Noble 14
sorry 14
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 10
Rock 7
Sacsri 6
Icarus 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5719
qojqva1378
Dendi1022
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1052
crisheroes743
Liquid`Hasu278
Other Games
gofns34077
singsing2493
B2W.Neo1261
DeMusliM256
Livibee204
Liquid`VortiX117
Mew2King87
ArmadaUGS72
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6984
League of Legends
• Jankos1959
Other Games
• WagamamaTV218
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 32m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 32m
INu's Battles
22h 32m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.