• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:49
CEST 18:49
KST 01:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8510 users

[Patch 4.14] Gnar General Discussion - Page 25

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 82 Next
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 14:33:13
August 16 2014 14:25 GMT
#481
On August 16 2014 20:54 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2014 19:29 Vlanitak wrote:
just want to say that Sufficiency is my hero when it comes to random LoL stats, programs and other small nitbits <3

Sufficiency getting hired by Dignitas heard it here first


\o/

By the way, prototype v3 (30k+ names)

[image loading]

EDIT: most mundane name ever? http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/31092801 (Mr Panda Man)
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 16 2014 14:26 GMT
#482
On August 16 2014 15:01 739 wrote:
So I've played a couple of games with Gnar and against Gnar yesterday and man, it feels weak to me, like really weak. I mean, sure you can spam that boomerang on lane 24/7 but the thing that you can't control the transform to Mega Gnar suck balls hard.

I mean this champ is totally not for me, I think I just can't play him properly yet but he's nothing special at all.


The early statistics shows that he is around 47% win rate right now.... but it's only the first a few days.

I think he will turn out to be balanced, if not slightly broken.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
August 16 2014 14:44 GMT
#483
On August 16 2014 23:26 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2014 15:01 739 wrote:
So I've played a couple of games with Gnar and against Gnar yesterday and man, it feels weak to me, like really weak. I mean, sure you can spam that boomerang on lane 24/7 but the thing that you can't control the transform to Mega Gnar suck balls hard.

I mean this champ is totally not for me, I think I just can't play him properly yet but he's nothing special at all.


The early statistics shows that he is around 47% win rate right now.... but it's only the first a few days.

I think he will turn out to be balanced, if not slightly broken.


Hmm do you feel his abilities have to be overtuned due to the unreliable nature of his ulti?
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 16 2014 14:48 GMT
#484
On August 16 2014 23:44 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2014 23:26 Sufficiency wrote:
On August 16 2014 15:01 739 wrote:
So I've played a couple of games with Gnar and against Gnar yesterday and man, it feels weak to me, like really weak. I mean, sure you can spam that boomerang on lane 24/7 but the thing that you can't control the transform to Mega Gnar suck balls hard.

I mean this champ is totally not for me, I think I just can't play him properly yet but he's nothing special at all.


The early statistics shows that he is around 47% win rate right now.... but it's only the first a few days.

I think he will turn out to be balanced, if not slightly broken.


Hmm do you feel his abilities have to be overtuned due to the unreliable nature of his ulti?


To be honest I have only seen him played once. I have almost 0 idea as to how good he is.

One thing about this champion: Gnar's team needs to know how to play with a Gnar on the team, especially when Gnar has a timing window due to his transformation. So long as the general population does not know how to play with Gnar, Gnar will remain fairly weak even if his numbers are overtuned.

It's kind of like what happened with Syndra and Nami.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
August 16 2014 15:16 GMT
#485
I feel like if you want to see how overtuned Gnar is, just compare the numbers on Hyper to Silver Bolts.


Hyper: 6-14% max HP magic damage on third hit, effects multiple targets, gives a 30% speed boost, and has a skill that AoE stacks it.

Silver Bolts: 4-8% max HP true damage only on one target at a time and does nothing else.


I'm totally convinced that once people figure him out (he's fairly complicated) he's going to get nerfed.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
August 16 2014 15:21 GMT
#486
On August 17 2014 00:16 Ketara wrote:
I feel like if you want to see how overtuned Gnar is, just compare the numbers on Hyper to Silver Bolts.


Hyper: 6-14% max HP magic damage on third hit, effects multiple targets, gives a 30% speed boost, and has a skill that AoE stacks it.

Silver Bolts: 4-8% max HP true damage only on one target at a time and does nothing else.


I'm totally convinced that once people figure him out (he's fairly complicated) he's going to get nerfed.


Yea true. Feel he's someone that they may never be able to get into a "balanced" state due to his ulti. It's a fun idea sure but it's a nightmare to get right. Think he'll either be really strong in the right hands or just weak.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 16 2014 15:23 GMT
#487
On August 17 2014 00:16 Ketara wrote:
I feel like if you want to see how overtuned Gnar is, just compare the numbers on Hyper to Silver Bolts.


Hyper: 6-14% max HP magic damage on third hit, effects multiple targets, gives a 30% speed boost, and has a skill that AoE stacks it.

Silver Bolts: 4-8% max HP true damage only on one target at a time and does nothing else.


I'm totally convinced that once people figure him out (he's fairly complicated) he's going to get nerfed.


Like I said, I feel it's not just about the Gnar player knowing how to play him; it's also about OTHER players knowing how to play with a Gnar - e.g. initiate after Gnar gets almost full rage.

It's far harder for other non-Gnar players to know the Gnar mechanics than the Gnar players who actively play him.

It's very different from, say, Diana, who could just faceroll with QRWE and other players can just get carried.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
August 16 2014 15:51 GMT
#488
If he wasn't slightly overtuned he would be absolutely useless.Being unable to control forms is incredibly limiting.

Comparing skills separately on champions that have nothing in common is stupid.Also 8% true damage is infinite time stronger than 14% on a champ that doesn't have any reason to build mpen.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
August 16 2014 15:52 GMT
#489
On August 17 2014 00:21 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2014 00:16 Ketara wrote:
I feel like if you want to see how overtuned Gnar is, just compare the numbers on Hyper to Silver Bolts.


Hyper: 6-14% max HP magic damage on third hit, effects multiple targets, gives a 30% speed boost, and has a skill that AoE stacks it.

Silver Bolts: 4-8% max HP true damage only on one target at a time and does nothing else.


I'm totally convinced that once people figure him out (he's fairly complicated) he's going to get nerfed.


Yea true. Feel he's someone that they may never be able to get into a "balanced" state due to his ulti. It's a fun idea sure but it's a nightmare to get right. Think he'll either be really strong in the right hands or just weak.




you mean his passive btw, its available from lvl 1 and his ult is an AE displacement plus dmg plus collosion stun.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 16:05:21
August 16 2014 16:04 GMT
#490
On August 17 2014 00:51 nafta wrote:
If he wasn't slightly overtuned he would be absolutely useless.Being unable to control forms is incredibly limiting.

Comparing skills separately on champions that have nothing in common is stupid.Also 8% true damage is infinite time stronger than 14% on a champ that doesn't have any reason to build mpen.


Like, two things.

First, on targets with less than 100 MR (most people for most of the game) Hyper will do similar or more damage than Silver Bolts. At level 18 Silver Bolts probably does more, that's true.


But second, you say that being unable to control forms is limiting now. And it's a limitation sure. That doesn't mean that we aren't going to see some KR pro toplaner in a month or two completely stomp with him and usher in a round of nerfs. I can see that happening with this guy.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
August 16 2014 16:14 GMT
#491
On August 17 2014 01:04 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2014 00:51 nafta wrote:
If he wasn't slightly overtuned he would be absolutely useless.Being unable to control forms is incredibly limiting.

Comparing skills separately on champions that have nothing in common is stupid.Also 8% true damage is infinite time stronger than 14% on a champ that doesn't have any reason to build mpen.


Like, two things.

First, on targets with less than 100 MR (most people for most of the game) Hyper will do similar or more damage than Silver Bolts. At level 18 Silver Bolts probably does more, that's true.


But second, you say that being unable to control forms is limiting now. And it's a limitation sure. That doesn't mean that we aren't going to see some KR pro toplaner in a month or two completely stomp with him and usher in a round of nerfs. I can see that happening with this guy.

You also need to compare mobility and who you are going to be hitting with those 2 passives.It isn't straight up superior.

I never said he isn't overtuned btw.Just that he has to be.If it is too much I dunno since I haven't seen people who play him well yet.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
August 16 2014 16:33 GMT
#492
I really like Gnar. Is so fun to play, feels strong right now, and I know for a fact that I could be 100x better at this guy. He might be a touch overtuned, definitely hard to play though.

I dunno about top-gnar, I been jungling him and it feels good.

W-Q-E, R>W>E>Q (I like the lower CD on E more than I like the lower CD on Q... feels important to me. You probably do a lot more damage to champs with Q second, as E scales with HP, and you Q twice in a typical fight, but I think E is better for jungle clear with the attack speed and having E up more frequently just lets you do more things. Only thing is Q kinda ends up just being a hyper-stacking mechanic and a slow, that being said I never really feel pushed for more damage, so /shrug))

Been building Madreds - > dblade (x1, x2, x3... however much I feel, typ 1) into just tanky stuff.

I usually finish a big tank item at around 20 minutes and get FF about the same time. If you just hard farm, you can just go straight for FF in like 12 minutes or so, but sometimes you'll just lose due to team falling apart around you due to "AFK jungle rage."

Ideal teamfight is Transform E into full team R-E, but I've only really had that once. Usually you end up as more of a counter initiate (Think Half Janna, half Amummu), soak up as much damage as you can, before transforming back and cleaning up the fight in mini-form Vayne-style with Hyper and FF procs. If they dont have any big MR you'll kill things shockingly fast, actually.

Any one else been trying out Jungle Gnar? What you guys think?
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 18:03:03
August 16 2014 17:58 GMT
#493
Gnar definitely seems like he's in a feel out period as the people I've played with have been like 5-0 or 0-5 on him, the fact that his winrate is pretty decent seems to suggest this period will end with him being super strong

he's been in every game that I can recall where not banned in the last 2 days so I've seen a decent amount of him, have not played with jungle version, have played against, not going to say we won because of it but I personally felt 0 pressure including after 6.
Carrilord has arrived.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 16 2014 18:41 GMT
#494
On August 17 2014 00:21 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2014 00:16 Ketara wrote:
I feel like if you want to see how overtuned Gnar is, just compare the numbers on Hyper to Silver Bolts.


Hyper: 6-14% max HP magic damage on third hit, effects multiple targets, gives a 30% speed boost, and has a skill that AoE stacks it.

Silver Bolts: 4-8% max HP true damage only on one target at a time and does nothing else.


I'm totally convinced that once people figure him out (he's fairly complicated) he's going to get nerfed.


Yea true. Feel he's someone that they may never be able to get into a "balanced" state due to his ulti. It's a fun idea sure but it's a nightmare to get right. Think he'll either be really strong in the right hands or just weak.

This x 10. You got the difficult to control transform, the harass, how his stats change so much in each form. That plus no mana means he seems to get really oppressive 1v1 if ahead. I have yet to see one really transform at the right time during big fights, but if people figure that out >instant OP, if not he is kinda worthless.
Freeeeeeedom
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 18:50:45
August 16 2014 18:50 GMT
#495
if he has 47% winrate right now despite the fact every gnar i played with sucked and ended laning phase feeding i think its safe to say he will be top winrate soon, even braum had relatively bad winrate at release before he become top3 next week
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 16 2014 19:14 GMT
#496
I am waiting for a bit to get more data then I'll do the same kind of counter analysis I did months back on Gnar.

I am hoping for at least 100k Gnar games before I proceed.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
August 16 2014 19:21 GMT
#497
euw going nuts, play at your own risk
ArchAngelSC
Profile Joined April 2012
England706 Posts
August 16 2014 21:01 GMT
#498
Just played on EUW and it seemed perfectly fine to me
loSleb
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1389 Posts
August 16 2014 21:03 GMT
#499
Sadly Scip isn't streaming otherwise you could see a game that even Dignitas would be proud of.
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
August 16 2014 21:15 GMT
#500
http://clgaming.net/live/74674-fakerlivestream

Stalking Faker 24/7
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1130
ComeBackTV 885
SteadfastSC472
TaKeTV 448
LamboSC2377
IndyStarCraft 169
Rex112
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 464
LamboSC2 377
mouzHeroMarine 322
IndyStarCraft 160
ProTech148
Rex 112
UpATreeSC 91
BRAT_OK 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32226
Shuttle 1541
EffOrt 892
Light 682
Mini 617
Soma 477
firebathero 287
Rush 211
Snow 189
ZerO 162
[ Show more ]
hero 103
sorry 52
Liquid`Ret 50
Sea.KH 50
Killer 42
ToSsGirL 25
Sexy 24
soO 20
Trap 20
Terrorterran 19
Bale 17
Shine 15
Sacsri 11
Free 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7133
qojqva1841
Dendi930
420jenkins132
Counter-Strike
fl0m1344
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2119
crisheroes1257
XaKoH 218
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing1721
B2W.Neo1054
Beastyqt512
FrodaN405
Hui .194
ArmadaUGS190
KnowMe136
QueenE98
Mew2King80
ceh971
Trikslyr63
C9.Mang060
Dewaltoss48
ToD32
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 5
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 23
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3290
• TFBlade1089
Other Games
• imaqtpie406
• Shiphtur233
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 11m
Stellar Fest
20h 11m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.