• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:00
CEST 12:00
KST 19:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6974 users

[Patch 4.2] Xerath/Skarner General Discussion - Page 136

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 139 Next
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-26 19:00:44
February 26 2014 19:00 GMT
#2701
Flat AP blues are shit if you want to do that you might as well just use flat MR which lets you YOLO more.
TranslatorBaa!
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
February 26 2014 19:02 GMT
#2702
I feel seriously uncomfortable in the midlane without MR runes.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
February 26 2014 19:17 GMT
#2703
I only have MR and Scaling Mr blues anyways...

Having lots of marks and glyphs is way more fun anyways. Also buying champs. Which is why I mostly oppose the rune rework in general.
Freeeeeeedom
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
February 26 2014 19:28 GMT
#2704
On February 27 2014 04:17 cLutZ wrote:
I only have MR and Scaling Mr blues anyways...

Having lots of marks and glyphs is way more fun anyways. Also buying champs. Which is why I mostly oppose the rune rework in general.

Seriously. Using flat armor seals and flat MR glyphs on all my rune pages saved me so much IP.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
February 26 2014 19:38 GMT
#2705
On February 27 2014 04:28 GrandInquisitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 04:17 cLutZ wrote:
I only have MR and Scaling Mr blues anyways...

Having lots of marks and glyphs is way more fun anyways. Also buying champs. Which is why I mostly oppose the rune rework in general.

Seriously. Using flat armor seals and flat MR glyphs on all my rune pages saved me so much IP.

Tell that to Harem
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-26 19:47:13
February 26 2014 19:43 GMT
#2706
Manly runpages aside, (like ap/lvl yellows and blues, ap quints. Operation oneshot anyone at lvl 11) do you really not have an mpen reds, armour yellows, ap/lvl blues, ap quints page?

That's like, my default page against all ad teams which are kinda common given how wukong/kha/zed mid aren't all that rare.

Also patch day tomorrrow, anyone have any idea what the "big changes" this time around are? Dorans shield + support items changes maybe?
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
February 26 2014 19:53 GMT
#2707
I just don't see how this new champion can deal with melee champions, the usual suspects would seem to be able to dumpster him, but I'm also eyeing Akali as a possible hard counter he can't really punish her 1-5 and he has no escape after 6

I guess we will see.
Carrilord has arrived.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
February 26 2014 19:53 GMT
#2708
I dont, mid is not a role I play much.

But also its kind of like back when I played WOW. I played a paladin, who could technically play 3 roles, but to switch from holy to prot or ret (lol as if) would have taken months of re-gearing, just like me switching to Midlane (if any proposed rune remake that diminishes armor and Mr as decent standard pages) would be a 10-20k IP sink.

I would be perfectly happy with no runepages, running the same page optimally for every role, or a rework that refunded all rune IP then significantly cheapened all "primary" runes.

The proposed changes are likely to just be a nerf to popular runes, which will force people to contemplate buying other runes to min max.
Freeeeeeedom
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
February 26 2014 19:58 GMT
#2709
On February 27 2014 04:53 Slusher wrote:
I just don't see how this new champion can deal with melee champions, the usual suspects would seem to be able to dumpster him, but I'm also eyeing Akali as a possible hard counter he can't really punish her 1-5 and he has no escape after 6

I guess we will see.


he can't at all. thats why he is another terrible champ design, reminds me a lot of malzahar really. will either do enough damage to make the dangerous pick worth it and then people will qq about his damage (see yasuo) but this guy does not have the tankiness or CC that yasuo does so he would have to do even MORE damage to be viable and riot is not going to do that. So I predict him being a bit on the underpowered side unless that lazer does obscene damage. but even then league of mobility will destroy any squishy trying to channel so meh. I don't get how he will work lol.
I come in for the scraps
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
February 26 2014 20:01 GMT
#2710
On February 27 2014 04:58 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 04:53 Slusher wrote:
I just don't see how this new champion can deal with melee champions, the usual suspects would seem to be able to dumpster him, but I'm also eyeing Akali as a possible hard counter he can't really punish her 1-5 and he has no escape after 6

I guess we will see.


he can't at all. thats why he is another terrible champ design, reminds me a lot of malzahar really. will either do enough damage to make the dangerous pick worth it and then people will qq about his damage (see yasuo) but this guy does not have the tankiness or CC that yasuo does so he would have to do even MORE damage to be viable and riot is not going to do that. So I predict him being a bit on the underpowered side unless that lazer does obscene damage. but even then league of mobility will destroy any squishy trying to channel so meh. I don't get how he will work lol.


If he presses ult in AKali's presence, she can jump behind him and he has to cancel or die. looking foreward to taking advantage of the experimental week before people give up on him
Carrilord has arrived.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
February 26 2014 20:06 GMT
#2711
On February 27 2014 04:53 cLutZ wrote:
I dont, mid is not a role I play much.

But also its kind of like back when I played WOW. I played a paladin, who could technically play 3 roles, but to switch from holy to prot or ret (lol as if) would have taken months of re-gearing, just like me switching to Midlane (if any proposed rune remake that diminishes armor and Mr as decent standard pages) would be a 10-20k IP sink.

I would be perfectly happy with no runepages, running the same page optimally for every role, or a rework that refunded all rune IP then significantly cheapened all "primary" runes.

The proposed changes are likely to just be a nerf to popular runes, which will force people to contemplate buying other runes to min max.


Well for them they want runes to be a huge IP sink that makes you contemplate buying champs with RP instead. It's frustrating and annoying but it's their business model.
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
February 26 2014 20:11 GMT
#2712
On February 27 2014 04:38 xes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 04:28 GrandInquisitor wrote:
On February 27 2014 04:17 cLutZ wrote:
I only have MR and Scaling Mr blues anyways...

Having lots of marks and glyphs is way more fun anyways. Also buying champs. Which is why I mostly oppose the rune rework in general.

Seriously. Using flat armor seals and flat MR glyphs on all my rune pages saved me so much IP.

Tell that to Harem

17k IP on Runes.
20k IP on Champs.

NO REGRETS.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
February 26 2014 20:27 GMT
#2713
rest in peace dodge yellows
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
February 26 2014 20:28 GMT
#2714
RIP my full crit damage page, for like...2 years now? prob longer. cant remember when they nerfed those. never got a refund either..
I come in for the scraps
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
February 26 2014 20:33 GMT
#2715
On February 27 2014 04:43 killerdog wrote:
Manly runpages aside, (like ap/lvl yellows and blues, ap quints. Operation oneshot anyone at lvl 11) do you really not have an mpen reds, armour yellows, ap/lvl blues, ap quints page?

That's like, my default page against all ad teams which are kinda common given how wukong/kha/zed mid aren't all that rare.


My marks/quints variations already take up all nine of my rune pages. Right now I have:

AD / LS: ADC's, Nasus, Jax, etc.
AS / LS: Tryndamere, junglers that benefit from LS
AS / MS: Most junglers
AD / HP: AA harass supports
Armor / HP: Supports that don't AA harass
Magic Pen / HP: Magic harass supports
Magic Pen / MS: Singed, Mundo, AP junglers
Magic Pen / AP: AP mid
AS / AP: Kayle, Teemo

I guess I could remove AS/LS and Magic Pen/HP and replace them with AD/AD and Magic Pen / AP / no MR.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
February 26 2014 20:34 GMT
#2716
Wat do against Trundle guys?

I get rekt no matter what I pick :/ Pillar combined with his insane AOE movement/attack speed buff makes me a sad panda.

Does he have any decent counterpicks?
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
February 26 2014 20:34 GMT
#2717
Is there a website which gives you how much you've spent on runes?

I'm curious, but really don't want to have to count :p
YouGotNothin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States907 Posts
February 26 2014 20:35 GMT
#2718
I have been saving IP for way too long now in preparation for the rune system rework Riot said they would do this season. WHEN IS IT HAPPENINGGGG.
I got nothin'...
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
February 26 2014 20:35 GMT
#2719
On February 27 2014 05:33 GrandInquisitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 04:43 killerdog wrote:
Manly runpages aside, (like ap/lvl yellows and blues, ap quints. Operation oneshot anyone at lvl 11) do you really not have an mpen reds, armour yellows, ap/lvl blues, ap quints page?

That's like, my default page against all ad teams which are kinda common given how wukong/kha/zed mid aren't all that rare.


My marks/quints variations already take up all nine of my rune pages. Right now I have:

AD / LS: ADC's, Nasus, Jax, etc.
AS / LS: Tryndamere, junglers that benefit from LS
AS / MS: Most junglers
AD / HP: AA harass supports
Armor / HP: Supports that don't AA harass
Magic Pen / HP: Magic harass supports
Magic Pen / MS: Singed, Mundo, AP junglers
Magic Pen / AP: AP mid
AS / AP: Kayle, Teemo

I guess I could remove AS/LS and Magic Pen/HP and replace them with AD/AD and Magic Pen / AP / no MR.


why would you run lifesteal on jax or nasus
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
February 26 2014 20:36 GMT
#2720
On February 27 2014 05:34 Doctorbeat wrote:
Wat do against Trundle guys?

I get rekt no matter what I pick :/ Pillar combined with his insane AOE movement/attack speed buff makes me a sad panda.

Does he have any decent counterpicks?


jax does well against him. won't kill him or anything but dodge dodges his bite as well so yea pretty much blocks all his damage and you outscale him. all trundle can do is farm with him and watch him bitterly farm with him.

shyvana goes even with him in lane, arguably scales about the same, good check.

renekton beats him in lane badly but then in teamfights trundle is way more useful unless you fed renek so meh. good against idiots.

teemo makes his life hell but you can be ganked fairly easily. jungle dependent matchup.
I come in for the scraps
Prev 1 134 135 136 137 138 139 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko77
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6967
actioN 531
BeSt 526
Leta 451
Jaedong 426
FanTaSy 402
Bisu 285
Larva 232
EffOrt 193
Zeus 124
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 121
sorry 116
Mong 107
Barracks 71
ToSsGirL 64
Killer 58
scan(afreeca) 58
Free 50
Shinee 39
Aegong 36
sSak 34
soO 31
Bale 30
Horang2 29
NotJumperer 19
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sexy 11
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe212
Counter-Strike
byalli943
Other Games
summit1g9077
olofmeister1030
singsing813
Pyrionflax237
crisheroes237
KnowMe114
dupreeh52
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 1295
Other Games
gamesdonequick664
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 25
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1092
• Stunt389
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1m
Rush vs Light
StarCastTV_EN21
WardiTV Weekly
1h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 1m
Replay Cast
13h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.