• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:53
CEST 09:53
KST 16:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9763 users

[Patch 3.12] (j/k) Jinx General Discussion - Page 237

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 235 236 237 238 239 383 Next
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-17 15:37:55
October 17 2013 15:34 GMT
#4721
On October 18 2013 00:25 Gahlo wrote:
Anybody else play the rune lottery?

I got a set of T1 runes to get me from 1-20, and I bought a couple extra ones so I could combine them all into a T3 rune. (T1 runes are 15 IP each, super cheap). I got a crit chance blue :\


Some guy actually combined a whole crapton of T1s->T3s and posted his results on reddit not too long ago. It turns out certain T3 runes are not possible to get out of the rune combiner -- notably the +energy and +energy regen ones don't seem to be possible to get from the combiner. I think a couple of other ones like +XP quints are also not possible. I don't think there were any "impossible" runes that anyone would ever actually want though.
nanospartan
Profile Joined July 2011
649 Posts
October 17 2013 15:37 GMT
#4722
I got a regen quint -__________________________- 3hrs after buying a set
I was an athiest until I watched the Day[9] daily
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-17 15:44:48
October 17 2013 15:43 GMT
#4723
On October 18 2013 00:34 thenexusp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 00:25 Gahlo wrote:
Anybody else play the rune lottery?

I got a set of T1 runes to get me from 1-20, and I bought a couple extra ones so I could combine them all into a T3 rune. (T1 runes are 15 IP each, super cheap). I got a crit chance blue :\


Some guy actually combined a whole crapton of T1s->T3s and posted his results on reddit not too long ago. It turns out certain T3 runes are not possible to get out of the rune combiner -- notably the +energy and +energy regen ones don't seem to be possible to get from the combiner. I think a couple of other ones like +XP quints are also not possible. I don't think there were any "impossible" runes that anyone would ever actually want though.


The expected return on T1->T3 rune combiner is positive assuming that the chance for all runes you haven't already gotten 9 copies of is equal.

It is slow as fuck though (since you go 25->5->1)

Edit: oh and it looks like you can get a rune of one you already have which is pretty lame but you can do T3->T3 randomization with the excess although that might not return positive yield over just buying T3 runes anymore.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-17 15:45:02
October 17 2013 15:44 GMT
#4724
edit wrong thread
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
October 17 2013 15:56 GMT
#4725
On October 18 2013 00:13 Infundibulum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 00:11 BrownBear wrote:
All these people desperately trying to get into Gold while I'm still stuck on the cusp of being able to challenge for Silver... T_T

Also, speaking from personal experience, the Bronze/Silver grey area has to be at least as toxic, if not more toxic, than the Silver/Gold grey area.


It's all toxic, for real. I recently had a guy in my game tell me to "fucking kill [my]self" and then friend request me after. I don't know what to believe anymore.


It's mostly the Silver V's I'm getting matched with who are the toxic ones too. I just don't understand - they already got the silver, what more do they need?
SUNSFANNED
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
October 17 2013 15:59 GMT
#4726
On October 18 2013 00:56 BrownBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 00:13 Infundibulum wrote:
On October 18 2013 00:11 BrownBear wrote:
All these people desperately trying to get into Gold while I'm still stuck on the cusp of being able to challenge for Silver... T_T

Also, speaking from personal experience, the Bronze/Silver grey area has to be at least as toxic, if not more toxic, than the Silver/Gold grey area.


It's all toxic, for real. I recently had a guy in my game tell me to "fucking kill [my]self" and then friend request me after. I don't know what to believe anymore.


It's mostly the Silver V's I'm getting matched with who are the toxic ones too. I just don't understand - they already got the silver, what more do they need?

You NOT being in silver
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Rooster Cogburn
Profile Joined October 2013
76 Posts
October 17 2013 16:07 GMT
#4727
Hello everyone,

This is my firs time posting here but I have read it for a while now. I was just wondering if you could give me an opinion of a strategy I have been using to fairly good success. I just got to diamond basically using this every chance I get. But of course can play other roles just as well if I don't this, just not bot lane (I suck at that).

Basically what I do is go Nasus top into basically anything. Summoner spells vary between ghost and either teleport or exhaust depending on who I am up against. I run 9/21/0 getting the usual tanky masteries making sure I get 3 in perseverance, with scaling mr Blues, AD reds, Armor Yellows, and 2LS and 1AD quint. I usually open dShield and 1 pot.

Beginning from lvl 1, I ignore the laning opponent and just focus on landing as many q's as I can. From lvl 1, you have good health regen along with 19%ls making taking a few extra hits form the opponent meaningless. If the lanign opponent attacks even just once, his lane will push form the minions switching target making me be able to farm under turret with my ad runes and masteries. Even against a Teemo, I am able to out sustain his damage while usually winning trades just from minion aggro. I just farm up till I get a decent amount on my q last hitting under turret and gank assisting when need be with wither. By level 6 I have backed once or will be backing to get either a kindlegem and some mr, or glacial shroud depending on match up for cdr and tankyness. At this point I can just wait for the lane to reset or whenever is a good time and go all in. With my q being relatively farmed up with a low cd, I can easily get a few q's in, wither, ghost ,ult, and if need b get an exhaust in there and almost always, get the. Especially against champs like Jax, a wither, then exhausts s soon as its over, then wither again right after will reduce the damage tremendously easily resulting in kills. Once you get one kill and shove the lane, you can snowball that lane to an easy win.

This is my first time explaining what I do and most likely left things out. I would love to hear what you guys think about this strategy or even if it is the wrong thread let me know. Anything helps :D


Vegetarian Wolf
Profile Joined May 2010
China434 Posts
October 17 2013 16:10 GMT
#4728
what do you do if they just push you to tower and then go roam?
Awooo...
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-17 16:11:53
October 17 2013 16:11 GMT
#4729
Well considering how bonkers Nasus is right now, I think that's a pretty solid strategy.
On October 18 2013 01:10 Vegetarian Wolf wrote:
what do you do if they just push you to tower and then go roam?

Shouldn't be straight maxing Q, in lane. Spirit Fire clears are pretty good, you can counter push against roamers if you pick up 2-3 points in spirit fire.
liftlift > tsm
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 17 2013 16:12 GMT
#4730
Isn't that just general Nasus strategy?
It's your boy Guzma!
Vegetarian Wolf
Profile Joined May 2010
China434 Posts
October 17 2013 16:12 GMT
#4731
On October 18 2013 01:11 wei2coolman wrote:
Well considering how bonkers Nasus is right now, I think that's a pretty solid strategy.
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 01:10 Vegetarian Wolf wrote:
what do you do if they just push you to tower and then go roam?

Shouldn't be straight maxing Q, in lane. Spirit Fire clears are pretty good, you can counter push against roamers if you pick up 2-3 points in spirit fire.


the crux of his strategy is to try to get a surprise kill with q max nasus since most ppl expect nasus to be passive (which he does, to trick them and then he all ins them with ghost exhaust and ult)
Awooo...
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-17 16:15:10
October 17 2013 16:14 GMT
#4732
yeah, theres no real weakness (at against a coordinated team)
roaming isn't really scary at all because you have TP if they try do dive or anything and otherwise you just have to ping to make sure mid doesnt overextend (usually you have a ward anyway to spot him moving#
nasus is retardedly stronk

its not a surprise kill, nasus doesn't surprise anyone, you just reach a point where you can all in them and they can't do anything if you do enough q damage to chase them past tower
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 17 2013 16:15 GMT
#4733
On October 18 2013 01:12 Vegetarian Wolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 01:11 wei2coolman wrote:
Well considering how bonkers Nasus is right now, I think that's a pretty solid strategy.
On October 18 2013 01:10 Vegetarian Wolf wrote:
what do you do if they just push you to tower and then go roam?

Shouldn't be straight maxing Q, in lane. Spirit Fire clears are pretty good, you can counter push against roamers if you pick up 2-3 points in spirit fire.


the crux of his strategy is to try to get a surprise kill with q max nasus since most ppl expect nasus to be passive (which he does, to trick them and then he all ins them with ghost exhaust and ult)

I mostly prefer when the opponent is stupid, and tries to tower dive a level 6 nasus, and pick up double kills under my turret.

As far as playing super agro nasus, it'd have to be very specific match up, the Jax one is probably one of the easier ones if you can bait out his jump + stun, then counter agro, cuz he can't do much under his turret, especially if he's withered +exhausted for like 6 seconds.
liftlift > tsm
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
October 17 2013 16:16 GMT
#4734
i think tp is better than exhaust, minimizes the risk of them hard pushing and diving if you jungler isnt around or them leaving top lane early and diving other lanes.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
October 17 2013 16:19 GMT
#4735
--- Nuked ---
Leeto
Profile Joined August 2007
United States1320 Posts
October 17 2013 16:19 GMT
#4736
On October 18 2013 00:25 Gahlo wrote:
Anybody else play the rune lottery?


I do. 375 IP worth of tier 1 runes got me a 2000 lifesteal quint!
But then all the other times I got useless shit like AP reds and stuff.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
October 17 2013 16:20 GMT
#4737
Aura does that shit like every game it seems to work for him
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Rooster Cogburn
Profile Joined October 2013
76 Posts
October 17 2013 16:21 GMT
#4738
Thanks for all the advice guise :D and quickly

I appreciate it and will keep these ideas in mind and try some of the new ideas!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 17 2013 16:29 GMT
#4739
On October 18 2013 01:21 Rooster Cogburn wrote:
Thanks for all the advice guise :D and quickly

I appreciate it and will keep these ideas in mind and try some of the new ideas!

Glad to see fresh blood on these forums, also if you ever get tired of yolo queue, check out our TL IH's.
liftlift > tsm
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
October 17 2013 16:38 GMT
#4740
We're all just expelling all of our subconscious guilt at completely shitting on Mathies when he first came

lol
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Prev 1 235 236 237 238 239 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3569
Soma 204
Rush 193
Mong 92
Killer 89
ToSsGirL 85
Shinee 0
Counter-Strike
ceh9566
shoxiejesuss271
byalli4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King118
Other Games
summit1g7830
WinterStarcraft591
olofmeister513
Happy308
dupreeh298
Sick174
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2285
League of Legends
• Stunt448
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 7m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.