• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:49
CEST 16:49
KST 23:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8440 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 81

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 331 Next
No more bad posting
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 02 2013 20:19 GMT
#1601
On August 03 2013 05:19 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:09 AsmodeusXI wrote:
I DON'T WANT ANY DEATHS.

Standard. Who lets people die in FE games?

The only exceptions I can think of are deliberately sacrificing people for certain characters in Shadow Dragon, or losing people in FE4 because Valkyrie Staff is OP.

Only scumbags lets characters die in FE games.
liftlift > tsm
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 20:25:46
August 02 2013 20:24 GMT
#1602
RD is my favorite.

I find the Brigade rather easy to level, once you game it out. Using untransformed Laguz (and Sothe in Act 1) as meatshields for exp (for them and for the others). Use Sacrifice->Heal for extra exp. Milking the level bosses for extra exp.

I must have all the levels.

Sidenote: exp gain on transformed laguz is glacial, omfg.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
TheSinisterRed
Profile Joined September 2012
United States1546 Posts
August 02 2013 20:28 GMT
#1603
I really missed out on the FF games when I was younger. Instead I played the Xenosaga games but I have never found anyone else that has played them. I loved the storyline through the three games, but that may just be because I was young. Anyone here ever played them?
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 02 2013 20:30 GMT
#1604
On August 03 2013 04:58 Frudgey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 03:47 Scip wrote:
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is awesome. I am currently playing the highest possible difficulty and you just have to always play with the eprfect strategy. On one map I took only pirates and camped in the middle of a lake because no one else can walk on water LOL. Dude Fire Emblem is the best single player RPG series.


Man I love Fire Emblem. So much. I was going to mention it earlier in this thread but I was afraid that the FF fans would eat me alive or something. I really liked Shadow Dragon, but I feel that it is one of the weaker ones in the series. (It's still fantastic though) Personally I like Awakening the most, but Sacred Stones is a very close second. (I am a sucker for world maps).
Was actually going to play FE7 again right away here. (Gotta do that Hector mode!)

Also Neo what's your experience playing Darius top? Personally I really like him and I can certainly crush a lot of top laners easily, but I play normals so I don't get counter picked at all. I was mostly under the impression that most of the top-tier top laners skin Darius alive hence why (to my knowledge) he isn't a common top pick.

Any FF fan that does that is actually demonstrating that they are not actually a good judge of games and is merely a blind fanboi.

I'm only bronze as far as making up arbitrary lists, so I can't really rank which FE games I like best though.
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
August 02 2013 20:31 GMT
#1605
On August 03 2013 05:19 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:19 TheYango wrote:
On August 03 2013 05:09 AsmodeusXI wrote:
I DON'T WANT ANY DEATHS.

Standard. Who lets people die in FE games?

The only exceptions I can think of are deliberately sacrificing people for certain characters in Shadow Dragon, or losing people in FE4 because Valkyrie Staff is OP.

Only scumbags lets characters die in FE games.

I let people die in FE series, makes the story line that much more dramatic
Nooo lvl1 wendy, you need to escape!
- You guys escape, I will hold off these 4 swordmasters with killer edges!
- wendy noooOOOooooooOoo
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
August 02 2013 20:31 GMT
#1606
Ye, you really only have time to level 2 people from the dawn brigade besides Micaiah and Sothe. You got quite a few choices though; Nolan, Edward, Jill, Zihark, Illyana (hue). I actually think that Aran is good too but you gotta use some bonus exp on him to really boost him to good levels (he maxes out defense and skill quite early)
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
August 02 2013 20:34 GMT
#1607
On August 03 2013 05:19 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:09 AsmodeusXI wrote:
I DON'T WANT ANY DEATHS.

Standard. Who lets people die in FE games?

The only exceptions I can think of are deliberately sacrificing people for certain characters in Shadow Dragon, or losing people in FE4 because Valkyrie Staff is OP.


I think the only playable characters that I've killed intentionally rather than recruiting them were Cynthia from Awakening and Vadia in FE7.

Cynthia I really just don't like and I couldn't resist the irony of having her father kill her, and Vadia had those boosted stats thanks to her spear. Naturally I saw this as a challenge and sent Oswin to test her mettle.

Oswin won.

By a landside.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 20:38:52
August 02 2013 20:34 GMT
#1608
On August 03 2013 05:28 TheSinisterRed wrote:
I really missed out on the FF games when I was younger. Instead I played the Xenosaga games but I have never found anyone else that has played them. I loved the storyline through the three games, but that may just be because I was young. Anyone here ever played them?

I loved the shit out of XenoSaga I (and also out of Xenogears, though they aren't really DIRECTLY comparable) but XenoSaga 2 frustrated me quite a bit because the combat system was kinda awkward to get used to and the story got pretty weird. Still love the music. Great music is hands down the #1 way to convince me a game is worth playing. I never played XS3.

(Incidentally, I also straight up 'read the encyclopedia' in xs1, and was sad when it wasn't still there in xs2.)
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
August 02 2013 20:39 GMT
#1609
On August 03 2013 05:31 Scip wrote:
Ye, you really only have time to level 2 people from the dawn brigade besides Micaiah and Sothe. You got quite a few choices though; Nolan, Edward, Jill, Zihark, Illyana (hue). I actually think that Aran is good too but you gotta use some bonus exp on him to really boost him to good levels (he maxes out defense and skill quite early)

Why bonus xp aran when you are taking nephenee to endgame anyway?

you are best off using it on sothe since you are forced to take him later on, jill is okay but is nowhere near as good as haar, zihark gets next to no xp for most of chapter 1 nolan is okay since you have to use him a lot but at best he is going to be a lower level than boyd who you will have more time with and they both end up about the same. Edward is okay but you have to baby him a lot early on and zihark and mia are both start higher than he does and end up as good or better and mia has a lot more missions.

Illyana is awesome though. She even gets to double attack when you recruit her.
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 02 2013 20:40 GMT
#1610
Xenosaga for me is "this trilogy of games that's said to be more sitting watching cutscenes than playing".

On August 03 2013 05:19 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:09 AsmodeusXI wrote:
I DON'T WANT ANY DEATHS.

Standard. Who lets people die in FE games?

The only exceptions I can think of are deliberately sacrificing people for certain characters in Shadow Dragon, or losing people in FE4 because Valkyrie Staff is OP.

You've got to let characters die to get others in Shadow Dragon?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Megaman703
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada688 Posts
August 02 2013 20:40 GMT
#1611
RD would be much better if it wasn't for the Suck Brigade sucking it up. Once you merge with the Mercenaries there's little reason to use most of em. Even still, there haven't been too many blemishes in the series, all the games have been quite good.
TheSinisterRed
Profile Joined September 2012
United States1546 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 20:44:10
August 02 2013 20:42 GMT
#1612
On August 03 2013 05:34 sylverfyre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:28 TheSinisterRed wrote:
I really missed out on the FF games when I was younger. Instead I played the Xenosaga games but I have never found anyone else that has played them. I loved the storyline through the three games, but that may just be because I was young. Anyone here ever played them?

I loved the shit out of XenoSaga I (and also out of Xenogears, though they aren't really DIRECTLY comparable) but XenoSaga 2 frustrated me quite a bit because the combat system was kinda awkward to get used to and the story got pretty weird. Still love the music. Great music is hands down the #1 way to convince me a game is worth playing. I never played XS3.

(Incidentally, I also straight up 'read the encyclopedia' in xs1, and was sad when it wasn't still there in xs2.)

The second one was probably my least favorite because of the combat (and the story Was really weird, thinking back on it). I never got my hands on Xenogears but reading some things online it seems generally well accepted. If you get the chance I would definitely recommend playing the third one for the storyline if nothing else (and they managed to get the combat system back to a decent place so it isn't tough to get through).

On August 03 2013 05:40 Alaric wrote:
Xenosaga for me is "this trilogy of games that's said to be more sitting watching cutscenes than playing".

This is probably true. There are Hours of cut scenes, but I really enjoyed the story so it didn't bother me much.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 20:44:51
August 02 2013 20:44 GMT
#1613
On August 03 2013 05:40 Alaric wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Xenosaga for me is "this trilogy of games that's said to be more sitting watching cutscenes than playing".

On August 03 2013 05:19 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:09 AsmodeusXI wrote:
I DON'T WANT ANY DEATHS.

Standard. Who lets people die in FE games?

The only exceptions I can think of are deliberately sacrificing people for certain characters in Shadow Dragon, or losing people in FE4 because Valkyrie Staff is OP.

You've got to let characters die to get others in Shadow Dragon?

In Shadow Dragon the only way to get to the bonus chapters (which had the other characters) was to usually have 14(ish) or less characters alive.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
August 02 2013 20:51 GMT
#1614
On August 03 2013 05:40 Alaric wrote:
Xenosaga for me is "this trilogy of games that's said to be more sitting watching cutscenes than playing".


What is Metal Gear Solid 4?

God I love those games though.
It's your boy Guzma!
Daikas
Profile Joined December 2010
United States118 Posts
August 02 2013 20:53 GMT
#1615
On August 03 2013 04:04 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 03:59 Daikas wrote:
You can probably guess my favorite RPGS by my rune page names; FFX, SO2 + SO3. Awesome music, good gameplay, cool stories.

Is your sig UtherParty??

I liked Shining Force! It's like the only one I've played so I've skipped over this episode of GD

Why yes it is. Had a lot of fun playing that with friends and it was a running quote between us.
Is that a sword? Luxury! Is that a horse? Sloth! Is that a helmet? Vanity!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 02 2013 20:54 GMT
#1616
On August 03 2013 05:51 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 05:40 Alaric wrote:
Xenosaga for me is "this trilogy of games that's said to be more sitting watching cutscenes than playing".


What is Metal Gear Solid 4?

God I love those games though.

A movie with interactive commercials.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 02 2013 20:59 GMT
#1617
MGS4 may represent everything I hate about modern games.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 21:04:13
August 02 2013 21:00 GMT
#1618
On August 03 2013 05:31 Scip wrote:
Ye, you really only have time to level 2 people from the dawn brigade besides Micaiah and Sothe. You got quite a few choices though; Nolan, Edward, Jill, Zihark, Illyana (hue). I actually think that Aran is good too but you gotta use some bonus exp on him to really boost him to good levels (he maxes out defense and skill quite early)

Arguably, provided you game it, you can generally get a bunch leveled up decently (did it on the hardest difficulty before) besides. Have Micaiah on sacrifice duty while Laura heals Micaiah is one way to squeeze out exp for both of them (one playthrough, I leveled Micaiah through Act 1/Act2ish without her attacking outside of gaining Light lvl), have Volug untransformed and Sothe unequipped as well for functioning, non-damaging meatshields; laguz actually get exp growth when untransformed anyways: same with the Black Knight, except he doesn't gain exp from it, and squeezing exp out of bosses with them blocking, are other ways of doing it. By doing this, you can channel kill/damage exp onto the weaker party members, and get everyone leveled up quite well (got everyone in Act 1 up to Tier 2, and got the ones I planned on using later up to a higher level).

Do the same thing with Ike/Shinon/Ranulf/etc with the Greil Mercenaries too. They gain decent exp punching people/attacking with Bronze weapons/standing there for almost no damage, others gain way more. And I feel the AI focuses them more because of no/low retaliation. Everyone wins.

Brom's daughter is the most useless char though. Allegedly, Meg has good growth, but fk, how am I suppose to do that when the very level she comes on she damn near gets one-shot as Armored char. can't even use her as a tank like Sothe/Volug/Nolan.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
August 02 2013 21:01 GMT
#1619
You guys haven't experienced FE7 until you S rank HHM.
TranslatorBaa!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
August 02 2013 21:01 GMT
#1620
On August 03 2013 05:59 kainzero wrote:
MGS4 may represent everything I hate about modern games.

What? Come on, I love Metal Gear games. Revengance is on my shelf, waiting for me to take a break from League. Been playing MGS since I was in grade school, shit is my jam.
It's your boy Guzma!
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1332
ComeBackTV 510
SteadfastSC446
TaKeTV 366
LamboSC2275
Rex136
IndyStarCraft 135
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 446
LamboSC2 275
ProTech147
Rex 136
IndyStarCraft 135
BRAT_OK 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41790
Shuttle 2615
EffOrt 934
Light 917
Mini 827
Horang2 816
Soma 405
BeSt 323
Stork 323
firebathero 323
[ Show more ]
Rush 275
Snow 255
Hyuk 240
ZerO 211
ggaemo 194
Leta 102
hero 83
Pusan 72
Killer 61
Sea.KH 57
Sharp 47
sorry 40
Mind 35
Shinee 35
Mong 34
ToSsGirL 29
Shine 26
Bale 25
Trap 25
Yoon 25
Terrorterran 24
Sexy 21
soO 20
Free 15
NotJumperer 10
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8872
Dendi918
qojqva763
Fuzer 182
420jenkins139
Counter-Strike
markeloff110
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1956
crisheroes1213
XaKoH 173
Other Games
singsing1962
B2W.Neo863
Hui .197
Liquid`VortiX186
ArmadaUGS128
QueenE86
Mew2King73
ZerO(Twitch)22
Railgan19
Trikslyr17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile112
• Gemini_19 11
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• HerbMon 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2077
League of Legends
• Nemesis2794
• Jankos2315
• TFBlade1007
Other Games
• WagamamaTV194
• Shiphtur14
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 11m
Stellar Fest
22h 11m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.