• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:34
CEST 21:34
KST 04:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9539 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 80

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 331 Next
No more bad posting
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 02 2013 19:50 GMT
#1581
On August 03 2013 04:46 Requizen wrote:
I can't think of many WRPGs I like as much as Square' s stuff tho. Maybe KotOR.

Fallout 1/2, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 1/2.
Moderator
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 02 2013 19:50 GMT
#1582
On August 03 2013 04:46 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Hi, I'm part of FF12 Lovers Anonymous, and I'd just like to say that I preferred FF12 ever since its release. I just... I just don't know why! I don't know how to stop myself! The combat is really innovative and the writing/voice acting is amazing! The characters are compelling? Am I weird?

End meeting

I turned the combat system into "the AI is now programmed to play my characters optimally for me."
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
August 02 2013 19:51 GMT
#1583
finally somebody gets the ball rolling on ffs beyond x being good

i really liked ff13-2 and have been told many times that i am an embarrassment for this and other, unrelated reasons
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 19:52:32
August 02 2013 19:52 GMT
#1584
On August 03 2013 04:50 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 04:46 Requizen wrote:
I can't think of many WRPGs I like as much as Square' s stuff tho. Maybe KotOR.

Fallout 1/2, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 1/2.

Ugh fallout. So fun, never finish because I wander around the map for 3 days straight and then cant find my way back to the plot.
It's your boy Guzma!
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 02 2013 19:52 GMT
#1585
On August 03 2013 04:50 sylverfyre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 04:46 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Hi, I'm part of FF12 Lovers Anonymous, and I'd just like to say that I preferred FF12 ever since its release. I just... I just don't know why! I don't know how to stop myself! The combat is really innovative and the writing/voice acting is amazing! The characters are compelling? Am I weird?

End meeting

I turned the combat system into "the AI is now programmed to play my characters optimally for me."

The irony is that most JRPGs are really easy, and if you could program your characters it would expose how flawed and boring the battle systems are.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
August 02 2013 19:53 GMT
#1586
The support conversations being dependant on characters ending turns next to each other was a poor choice... I think all the newer ones have convos based upon missions played together.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 19:54:55
August 02 2013 19:53 GMT
#1587
On August 03 2013 04:52 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 04:50 sylverfyre wrote:
On August 03 2013 04:46 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Hi, I'm part of FF12 Lovers Anonymous, and I'd just like to say that I preferred FF12 ever since its release. I just... I just don't know why! I don't know how to stop myself! The combat is really innovative and the writing/voice acting is amazing! The characters are compelling? Am I weird?

End meeting

I turned the combat system into "the AI is now programmed to play my characters optimally for me."

The irony is that most JRPGs are really easy, and if you could program your characters it would expose how flawed and boring the battle systems are.

I'm the type of person who attempts things such as finishing FF6 with most of my characters below level 10, single-class challenges on FFT, and no-crystarium on FF13. If a game isn't hard, I'll MAKE it hard.

And suddenly, one is forced to deeply explore a game's mechanics to find the little advantages to make X boss not provably impossible.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 02 2013 19:56 GMT
#1588
On August 03 2013 04:52 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 04:50 TheYango wrote:
On August 03 2013 04:46 Requizen wrote:
I can't think of many WRPGs I like as much as Square' s stuff tho. Maybe KotOR.

Fallout 1/2, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 1/2.

Ugh fallout. So fun, never finish because I wander around the map for 3 days straight and then cant find my way back to the plot.

There is no fixed plot. The whole point is that the game gives you a starting and ending point, and the plot is entirely made up of whatever experiences you encounter as a character along the way.

It's one of the few instances of well-executed nonlinear storytelling in RPGs, which is what makes it good (if a bit disorienting for someone used to fixed stories).
Moderator
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 02 2013 19:57 GMT
#1589
Whoever mentioned Shining Force 2---fucking AMAZING and underrated game.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 20:02:27
August 02 2013 19:57 GMT
#1590
On August 03 2013 04:15 TheYango wrote:
FE4 still best FE.

EDIT: Though there are a lot of things about it that would annoy someone who is used to the other FE games.

Didn't it lack "real" support interaction? If it's the one I'm thinking about, you only get brief conversations before the last mission of the first part, and most of them actually were never translated from Japanese...

Also Blazing Sword and its "help" (when you get one character to carry another at the cost of dodge/speed penalties) command made cavalry pretty good at getting early chests/NPCs, save people, or in general kite enemies.

On August 03 2013 03:08 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 02:55 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On August 03 2013 02:54 kainzero wrote:
On August 03 2013 02:51 Badboyrune wrote:
I remember when lol gd was mainly about lol

or wait no I dont

I am only Silver 3 in LoL.

But I am Diamond in pizza evaluation.


I am also Silver 3 in LoL but Challenger in making arbitrary lists of subjective quality.

I'm Bronze 2 in that, but that's only because I'm in ELO hell even though I know I'm better than anyone else in my bracket that makes arbitrary lists of subjective quality.

Speaking of which, I read this list:
http://cloth5.com/10-reasons-you-should-be-playing-osu/

I think it's hilarious how people are trying to do things unrelated to LoL to get better at LoL.

I started playing multiplayer Warcraft 3 around the time I started my driving lessons. Same issues in both (good at analysing precisely what I did wrong afterwards, but not as it happens), and multitasking and using the minimap is actually alot similar to using mirrors. >.>

On August 03 2013 04:56 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 04:52 Requizen wrote:
On August 03 2013 04:50 TheYango wrote:
On August 03 2013 04:46 Requizen wrote:
I can't think of many WRPGs I like as much as Square' s stuff tho. Maybe KotOR.

Fallout 1/2, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 1/2.

Ugh fallout. So fun, never finish because I wander around the map for 3 days straight and then cant find my way back to the plot.

There is no fixed plot. The whole point is that the game gives you a starting and ending point, and the plot is entirely made up of whatever experiences you encounter as a character along the way.

It's one of the few instances of well-executed nonlinear storytelling in RPGs, which is what makes it good (if a bit disorienting for someone used to fixed stories).

It's great on one hand, but on the other it also means that unless you "waste" it by going for a 100% sidequests run, you also need to go in knowing you'll probably miss a bunch of stuff, and then have others playthrough to try and complete it, or make alternative choices.
It wouldn't bother me when I was younger (5+ Blazing Sword playthrough with support pairing planified so I maximise the info I get while prioritising my fav. characters) but now that I've got less time I tend to be annoyed by it. :/
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
August 02 2013 19:58 GMT
#1591
On August 03 2013 03:47 Scip wrote:
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is awesome. I am currently playing the highest possible difficulty and you just have to always play with the eprfect strategy. On one map I took only pirates and camped in the middle of a lake because no one else can walk on water LOL. Dude Fire Emblem is the best single player RPG series.


Man I love Fire Emblem. So much. I was going to mention it earlier in this thread but I was afraid that the FF fans would eat me alive or something. I really liked Shadow Dragon, but I feel that it is one of the weaker ones in the series. (It's still fantastic though) Personally I like Awakening the most, but Sacred Stones is a very close second. (I am a sucker for world maps).
Was actually going to play FE7 again right away here. (Gotta do that Hector mode!)

Also Neo what's your experience playing Darius top? Personally I really like him and I can certainly crush a lot of top laners easily, but I play normals so I don't get counter picked at all. I was mostly under the impression that most of the top-tier top laners skin Darius alive hence why (to my knowledge) he isn't a common top pick.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 20:04:07
August 02 2013 20:00 GMT
#1592
On August 03 2013 04:57 Alaric wrote:
Didn't it lack "real" support interaction? If it's the one I'm thinking about, you only get brief conversations before the last mission of the first part, and most of them actually were never translated from Japanese...

FE4 was the first game to use the relationship system where the pairings in the first half of the game dictated the children characters in the second part of the game, which was later adapted for Awakening.

It also had enormous grand-scale maps compared to the other FE games, and allowed you to deploy every character you had on every map. The plot is also somewhat darker and more serious than the rest of the series.
Moderator
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 20:02:50
August 02 2013 20:02 GMT
#1593
On August 03 2013 02:29 Clinic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 02:24 GeneralStan wrote:
Well in that case let me grab a slice of Costco pizza. Mmm Costco pizza. Also there are 151 pokemon. The rest are imposters


http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/pokemon go

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Way harder than I'd like to admit. Spent around 5 mins getting the last 7 I was missing.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 20:03:03
August 02 2013 20:02 GMT
#1594
FE 7 > FE 4 > FE 6

I may or may not be biased since FE7 was my first exposure to the series.

FFTA was the biggest lulz ever. I still managed to spend a lot of time on that game xD
TranslatorBaa!
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
August 02 2013 20:09 GMT
#1595
Still working on Awakening as my first FE experience. It's fun but I don't feel it's as strategically difficult as it is kind of annoying until you know the right thing and then you just win. Like, as soon as I know what's going to happen in a level I win. There's not a ton of strategy to that, but I guess I'll admit part of the reason is that I DON'T WANT ANY DEATHS.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 02 2013 20:13 GMT
#1596
On August 03 2013 04:46 Requizen wrote:
I can't think of many WRPGs I like as much as Square' s stuff tho. Maybe KotOR.

W=western?
liftlift > tsm
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 02 2013 20:13 GMT
#1597
On August 03 2013 05:00 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 04:57 Alaric wrote:
Didn't it lack "real" support interaction? If it's the one I'm thinking about, you only get brief conversations before the last mission of the first part, and most of them actually were never translated from Japanese...

FE4 was the first game to use the relationship system where the pairings in the first half of the game dictated the children characters in the second part of the game, which was later adapted for Awakening.

It also had enormous grand-scale maps compared to the other FE games, and allowed you to deploy every character you had on every map. The plot is also somewhat darker and more serious than the rest of the series.

Ya, was the one I was thinking about. I got the whole backstory and plot of the first part spoiled though, because I thought they were talking about one of the recent ones, and I only understood when they mentioned the events that close the first part. T_T
Blazing Sword's backstory had its share of dark stuff though (even in the plot itself), but there's really a lot of it hidden in long to get support conversations with obscure pairings including optional characters (Matthew had some good stuff, despite filling an archetype, Legault was a great character too, and I kinda liked Canas).

Haven't played any other FE, though (the fact that Shadow Dragon didn't come out of Japan at first and that I don't have a Gamecube didn't help).
FFTA was nice because it had a pretty simple system allowing for a ton of stuff. The problem was that the AI was always undergeared/under-equipped and super dumb on top of it. I remember with a red mage/elementalist going 1v4 with standard shop stuff at level 14. And even that wasn't hard (it gave a bunch of exp tho). :/
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 02 2013 20:14 GMT
#1598
On August 03 2013 04:47 Requizen wrote:
12 is supposedly good, but it's still on my shelf >.>

i enjoyed 12. combat is fun and can get crazy. not as good as x overall imo
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
August 02 2013 20:15 GMT
#1599
Radiant dawn is so good, but it would have been better if "normal mode" and "hard mode" had not been translated to "easy mode" and "normal mode" in a game that i will not allow a single character to die in. Only other problems are that the dawn brigade is full of really terrible characters the plot promotes are awkwardly placed and there are too many characters you don't have time to level.

On August 03 2013 04:58 Frudgey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 03:47 Scip wrote:
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is awesome. I am currently playing the highest possible difficulty and you just have to always play with the eprfect strategy. On one map I took only pirates and camped in the middle of a lake because no one else can walk on water LOL. Dude Fire Emblem is the best single player RPG series.


Man I love Fire Emblem. So much. I was going to mention it earlier in this thread but I was afraid that the FF fans would eat me alive or something. I really liked Shadow Dragon, but I feel that it is one of the weaker ones in the series. (It's still fantastic though) Personally I like Awakening the most, but Sacred Stones is a very close second. (I am a sucker for world maps).
Was actually going to play FE7 again right away here. (Gotta do that Hector mode!)

Also Neo what's your experience playing Darius top? Personally I really like him and I can certainly crush a lot of top laners easily, but I play normals so I don't get counter picked at all. I was mostly under the impression that most of the top-tier top laners skin Darius alive hence why (to my knowledge) he isn't a common top pick.

If you love world maps try gaiden. It's really... unique.
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 02 2013 20:19 GMT
#1600
On August 03 2013 05:09 AsmodeusXI wrote:
I DON'T WANT ANY DEATHS.

Standard. Who lets people die in FE games?

The only exceptions I can think of are deliberately sacrificing people for certain characters in Shadow Dragon, or losing people in FE4 because Valkyrie Staff is OP.
Moderator
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 558
UpATreeSC 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 994
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 88
Zeus 67
Trap 41
910 36
Bale 26
JYJ 18
NaDa 18
ToSsGirL 18
[ Show more ]
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6694
420jenkins229
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1389
Fnx 762
edward489
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS138
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1985
Other Games
summit1g5051
Grubby3387
Beastyqt693
B2W.Neo631
byalli403
shahzam283
KnowMe155
C9.Mang0150
TKL 140
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV266
BasetradeTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 12
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur374
• WagamamaTV280
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 26m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 26m
Stellar Fest
17h 26m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.