• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:49
CEST 13:49
KST 20:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12342 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 339 Next
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 02:35:09
July 16 2013 02:33 GMT
#1901
On July 16 2013 11:32 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 11:22 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:56 Amarok wrote:
[quote]

No, but it's still more achievable for the jungler as well which will largely have the same effect of increasing options. With less passive gain provided by the item and more MR options (including budget ones) it becomes less vital to complete asap.

I saw supports getting Bulwark in solo Q as it was. If Locket isn't as vital a mid game item it can be the item that the support works towards. Emblem is amazing in the laning phase, Aegis has a relatively smooth build path and the Locket active is at its most effective post 15-20 mins anyway.


If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.


theres really no difference between philo hog and spirit stone ruby crystal aside from gp10 factor which really made a small difference (maybe what 600 gold in an average game?)

like gp10s are so fucking overrated gp10 tanks vs season 3 jungler tanks who get more gold from jungle so it makes it even and they build whatever the most cost efficient items are then (aegis shurelya randuin vs spirit of the ancient golem locket aegis)

the jungler role really hasnt changed at all in 3 seasons of terms of the pick types (thought champ pools have changed all the time)

I guess I just like seeing Junglers actually finish up items quicker instead of building Philo/HoG before moving into real items. Maybe it's just a psychological thing then.

still doesn't change the fact that jungle is just a tank fest;
On July 16 2013 11:28 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:56 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:48 TheYango wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:44 Amarok wrote:
Personally I don't mind most of the changes. It means laners need to make more choices in terms of defenses because there is less passive defense provided by Bulwark. The locket/aegis combo is a more achievable item for a support which frees up the build paths of junglers (which in turn allows for more options at champ select for junglers and laners).

I'm actually surprised there's that much of an uproar about it.

There's still no compelling reason to wait for a support to have 2700 gold before you have Locket when you could have it way earlier on a jungler or top laner.


No, but it's still more achievable for the jungler as well which will largely have the same effect of increasing options. With less passive gain provided by the item and more MR options (including budget ones) it becomes less vital to complete asap.

I saw supports getting Bulwark in solo Q as it was. If Locket isn't as vital a mid game item it can be the item that the support works towards. Emblem is amazing in the laning phase, Aegis has a relatively smooth build path and the Locket active is at its most effective post 15-20 mins anyway.


If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.


That is only later in the game. And the fact is, for jungler purposes, the only clear that matters is the first clear. Maybe the 2nd.

Even later on in the game; jungler still seemed so gold starved; and still build only tank items.
liftlift > tsm
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 16 2013 02:34 GMT
#1902
On July 16 2013 11:33 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 11:32 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:22 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
[quote]

If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.


theres really no difference between philo hog and spirit stone ruby crystal aside from gp10 factor which really made a small difference (maybe what 600 gold in an average game?)

like gp10s are so fucking overrated gp10 tanks vs season 3 jungler tanks who get more gold from jungle so it makes it even and they build whatever the most cost efficient items are then (aegis shurelya randuin vs spirit of the ancient golem locket aegis)

the jungler role really hasnt changed at all in 3 seasons of terms of the pick types (thought champ pools have changed all the time)

I guess I just like seeing Junglers actually finish up items quicker instead of building Philo/HoG before moving into real items. Maybe it's just a psychological thing then.

still doesn't change the fact that jungle is just a tank fest;

Still doesn't change that I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that :p
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 02:58:18
July 16 2013 02:57 GMT
#1903
On July 16 2013 11:04 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:56 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:48 TheYango wrote:
[quote]
There's still no compelling reason to wait for a support to have 2700 gold before you have Locket when you could have it way earlier on a jungler or top laner.


No, but it's still more achievable for the jungler as well which will largely have the same effect of increasing options. With less passive gain provided by the item and more MR options (including budget ones) it becomes less vital to complete asap.

I saw supports getting Bulwark in solo Q as it was. If Locket isn't as vital a mid game item it can be the item that the support works towards. Emblem is amazing in the laning phase, Aegis has a relatively smooth build path and the Locket active is at its most effective post 15-20 mins anyway.


If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.

Don't you find it wildly boring that every opening item is almost always spirit of ancient golem now?
Almost always followed up by Aegis or Locket. Even ADC's have more item variety/build variety than that now; and that's saying something.

I would love to see tiamat become a viable jungle opening; it'd open up a lot of opportunities for junglers.

How about bilgewater instead of tiamat for the increased ganking power? You could sit on machete or spirit stone for a while since they are pretty efficient items on their own, get a mid-tier DPS item then continue your tankiness -- kinda like how jiji went brutalizer before finishing ancient golem on jungle Panth

grain of salt: I'm terrible at jungle
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 16 2013 03:00 GMT
#1904
On July 16 2013 11:57 Flakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 11:04 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:56 Amarok wrote:
[quote]

No, but it's still more achievable for the jungler as well which will largely have the same effect of increasing options. With less passive gain provided by the item and more MR options (including budget ones) it becomes less vital to complete asap.

I saw supports getting Bulwark in solo Q as it was. If Locket isn't as vital a mid game item it can be the item that the support works towards. Emblem is amazing in the laning phase, Aegis has a relatively smooth build path and the Locket active is at its most effective post 15-20 mins anyway.


If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.

Don't you find it wildly boring that every opening item is almost always spirit of ancient golem now?
Almost always followed up by Aegis or Locket. Even ADC's have more item variety/build variety than that now; and that's saying something.

I would love to see tiamat become a viable jungle opening; it'd open up a lot of opportunities for junglers.

How about bilgewater instead of tiamat for the increased ganking power? You could sit on machete or spirit stone for a while since they are pretty efficient items on their own, get a mid-tier DPS item then continue your tankiness -- kinda like how jiji went brutalizer before finishing ancient golem on jungle Panth

grain of salt: I'm terrible at jungle

If we're talking about non-competitive play I've had plenty of Jarven's rush BorK->tankiness and do well in the depths of Silver.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
July 16 2013 03:02 GMT
#1905
On July 16 2013 12:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 11:57 Flakes wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:04 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
[quote]

If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.

Don't you find it wildly boring that every opening item is almost always spirit of ancient golem now?
Almost always followed up by Aegis or Locket. Even ADC's have more item variety/build variety than that now; and that's saying something.

I would love to see tiamat become a viable jungle opening; it'd open up a lot of opportunities for junglers.

How about bilgewater instead of tiamat for the increased ganking power? You could sit on machete or spirit stone for a while since they are pretty efficient items on their own, get a mid-tier DPS item then continue your tankiness -- kinda like how jiji went brutalizer before finishing ancient golem on jungle Panth

grain of salt: I'm terrible at jungle

If we're talking about non-competitive play I've had plenty of Jarven's rush BorK->tankiness and do well in the depths of Silver.

I was thinking about CLG vs Crs in LCS where bigfatlp was jungle panth -- I didn't reference it specifically because there were... a lot of things I didn't like in that game
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 16 2013 03:07 GMT
#1906
On July 16 2013 12:02 Flakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 12:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:57 Flakes wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:04 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
[quote]

I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.

Don't you find it wildly boring that every opening item is almost always spirit of ancient golem now?
Almost always followed up by Aegis or Locket. Even ADC's have more item variety/build variety than that now; and that's saying something.

I would love to see tiamat become a viable jungle opening; it'd open up a lot of opportunities for junglers.

How about bilgewater instead of tiamat for the increased ganking power? You could sit on machete or spirit stone for a while since they are pretty efficient items on their own, get a mid-tier DPS item then continue your tankiness -- kinda like how jiji went brutalizer before finishing ancient golem on jungle Panth

grain of salt: I'm terrible at jungle

If we're talking about non-competitive play I've had plenty of Jarven's rush BorK->tankiness and do well in the depths of Silver.

I was thinking about CLG vs Crs in LCS where bigfatlp was jungle panth -- I didn't reference it specifically because there were... a lot of things I didn't like in that game

That's a fair assessment of that game lol. Although I was okay with the result.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
July 16 2013 03:10 GMT
#1907
--- Nuked ---
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 03:11:11
July 16 2013 03:10 GMT
#1908
Nvm
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 16 2013 03:12 GMT
#1909
On July 16 2013 12:10 krndandaman wrote:
why does it seem like every streamer plays osu?
seriously every time I turn on a stream its osu during queue

I think it's mostly to improve reaction times and mouse precision. Or it could just be for fun lol.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 16 2013 03:14 GMT
#1910
On July 16 2013 11:33 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 11:32 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:22 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
[quote]

If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.


theres really no difference between philo hog and spirit stone ruby crystal aside from gp10 factor which really made a small difference (maybe what 600 gold in an average game?)

like gp10s are so fucking overrated gp10 tanks vs season 3 jungler tanks who get more gold from jungle so it makes it even and they build whatever the most cost efficient items are then (aegis shurelya randuin vs spirit of the ancient golem locket aegis)

the jungler role really hasnt changed at all in 3 seasons of terms of the pick types (thought champ pools have changed all the time)

I guess I just like seeing Junglers actually finish up items quicker instead of building Philo/HoG before moving into real items. Maybe it's just a psychological thing then.

still doesn't change the fact that jungle is just a tank fest;
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 11:28 cLutZ wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:56 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:48 TheYango wrote:
[quote]
There's still no compelling reason to wait for a support to have 2700 gold before you have Locket when you could have it way earlier on a jungler or top laner.


No, but it's still more achievable for the jungler as well which will largely have the same effect of increasing options. With less passive gain provided by the item and more MR options (including budget ones) it becomes less vital to complete asap.

I saw supports getting Bulwark in solo Q as it was. If Locket isn't as vital a mid game item it can be the item that the support works towards. Emblem is amazing in the laning phase, Aegis has a relatively smooth build path and the Locket active is at its most effective post 15-20 mins anyway.


If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.


That is only later in the game. And the fact is, for jungler purposes, the only clear that matters is the first clear. Maybe the 2nd.

Even later on in the game; jungler still seemed so gold starved; and still build only tank items.


Yes, because the jungler only has the domain over the jungle (and the time to clear it) early, before the gold value ramps up. Therefore the jungler gets no benefit from the ramping up.
Freeeeeeedom
Perplex
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1693 Posts
July 16 2013 03:16 GMT
#1911
Has anyone else been getting crazy client lag lately? It's terrible and I can't even play the game anymore. Sometimes healthbars and nameplates disappear and creeps/champions just move around randomly for a few seconds and then "fast forward" once it goes back to normal. Other times, the lag will last for 20-30 seconds accompanied by an "attempting to reconnect" bar.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24238059
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
July 16 2013 03:19 GMT
#1912
Yes that has happened to me a few times in the last week or so.

Also, is there a way to re order your mastery pages without redoing them all?
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
July 16 2013 03:20 GMT
#1913
On July 16 2013 12:16 Perplex wrote:
Has anyone else been getting crazy client lag lately? It's terrible and I can't even play the game anymore. Sometimes healthbars and nameplates disappear and creeps/champions just move around randomly for a few seconds and then "fast forward" once it goes back to normal. Other times, the lag will last for 20-30 seconds accompanied by an "attempting to reconnect" bar.

Yeah me and friends get it occasionally -- think it's gotta be server side because our ping never wavers, just crazy latency spikes
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 16 2013 03:20 GMT
#1914
On July 16 2013 12:19 upperbound wrote:
Yes that has happened to me a few times in the last week or so.

Also, is there a way to re order your mastery pages without redoing them all?

Nope, but it's a feature that's requested fairly often.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
July 16 2013 03:26 GMT
#1915
So I was watching the Hobbit and I noticed that Bofur has a Draven mustache and two axes.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 03:35:54
July 16 2013 03:34 GMT
#1916
On July 16 2013 12:14 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 11:33 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:32 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:22 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
[quote]

I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.


theres really no difference between philo hog and spirit stone ruby crystal aside from gp10 factor which really made a small difference (maybe what 600 gold in an average game?)

like gp10s are so fucking overrated gp10 tanks vs season 3 jungler tanks who get more gold from jungle so it makes it even and they build whatever the most cost efficient items are then (aegis shurelya randuin vs spirit of the ancient golem locket aegis)

the jungler role really hasnt changed at all in 3 seasons of terms of the pick types (thought champ pools have changed all the time)

I guess I just like seeing Junglers actually finish up items quicker instead of building Philo/HoG before moving into real items. Maybe it's just a psychological thing then.

still doesn't change the fact that jungle is just a tank fest;
On July 16 2013 11:28 cLutZ wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:56 Amarok wrote:
[quote]

No, but it's still more achievable for the jungler as well which will largely have the same effect of increasing options. With less passive gain provided by the item and more MR options (including budget ones) it becomes less vital to complete asap.

I saw supports getting Bulwark in solo Q as it was. If Locket isn't as vital a mid game item it can be the item that the support works towards. Emblem is amazing in the laning phase, Aegis has a relatively smooth build path and the Locket active is at its most effective post 15-20 mins anyway.


If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.


That is only later in the game. And the fact is, for jungler purposes, the only clear that matters is the first clear. Maybe the 2nd.

Even later on in the game; jungler still seemed so gold starved; and still build only tank items.


Yes, because the jungler only has the domain over the jungle (and the time to clear it) early, before the gold value ramps up. Therefore the jungler gets no benefit from the ramping up.

I think this also has to do with how fast laning phase dissolves; if lane phase was preserved longer in pro-games; it would be more likely to see more offensively geared junglers (of course coupled with some item changes for junglers).
On July 16 2013 12:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 11:57 Flakes wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:04 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
[quote]

If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.

Don't you find it wildly boring that every opening item is almost always spirit of ancient golem now?
Almost always followed up by Aegis or Locket. Even ADC's have more item variety/build variety than that now; and that's saying something.

I would love to see tiamat become a viable jungle opening; it'd open up a lot of opportunities for junglers.

How about bilgewater instead of tiamat for the increased ganking power? You could sit on machete or spirit stone for a while since they are pretty efficient items on their own, get a mid-tier DPS item then continue your tankiness -- kinda like how jiji went brutalizer before finishing ancient golem on jungle Panth

grain of salt: I'm terrible at jungle

If we're talking about non-competitive play I've had plenty of Jarven's rush BorK->tankiness and do well in the depths of Silver.

soloqueue tends to have much longer lane phase; (then follow logic of previous statement).
liftlift > tsm
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 03:47:03
July 16 2013 03:43 GMT
#1917
On July 16 2013 12:16 Perplex wrote:
Has anyone else been getting crazy client lag lately? It's terrible and I can't even play the game anymore. Sometimes healthbars and nameplates disappear and creeps/champions just move around randomly for a few seconds and then "fast forward" once it goes back to normal. Other times, the lag will last for 20-30 seconds accompanied by an "attempting to reconnect" bar.

Yes. See my Shikyo. Wow it's a Riot issue. Fuck this game. Seriously considering uninstalling. (That'll show em!)

Riot also made a post about something recently and told everyone to disable ipv6 to clear it up.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 03:47:22
July 16 2013 03:47 GMT
#1918
Mark your calendars this weekend for Brazilian Championship (BR regionals). I'm so excited for it. BR is returning to the esports glory days of Counter Strike and projected to exceed it.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 16 2013 03:47 GMT
#1919
On July 16 2013 12:34 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 12:14 cLutZ wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:33 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:32 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:22 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
[quote]
OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.


theres really no difference between philo hog and spirit stone ruby crystal aside from gp10 factor which really made a small difference (maybe what 600 gold in an average game?)

like gp10s are so fucking overrated gp10 tanks vs season 3 jungler tanks who get more gold from jungle so it makes it even and they build whatever the most cost efficient items are then (aegis shurelya randuin vs spirit of the ancient golem locket aegis)

the jungler role really hasnt changed at all in 3 seasons of terms of the pick types (thought champ pools have changed all the time)

I guess I just like seeing Junglers actually finish up items quicker instead of building Philo/HoG before moving into real items. Maybe it's just a psychological thing then.

still doesn't change the fact that jungle is just a tank fest;
On July 16 2013 11:28 cLutZ wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
[quote]

If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.


That is only later in the game. And the fact is, for jungler purposes, the only clear that matters is the first clear. Maybe the 2nd.

Even later on in the game; jungler still seemed so gold starved; and still build only tank items.


Yes, because the jungler only has the domain over the jungle (and the time to clear it) early, before the gold value ramps up. Therefore the jungler gets no benefit from the ramping up.

I think this also has to do with how fast laning phase dissolves; if lane phase was preserved longer in pro-games; it would be more likely to see more offensively geared junglers (of course coupled with some item changes for junglers).
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 12:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:57 Flakes wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:04 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 11:00 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
[quote]

I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.

I still prefer that over the GP10 fest. Who cares if the Jungler builds tanky? That's just the way the position has developed. Not every role has to do damage.

Don't you find it wildly boring that every opening item is almost always spirit of ancient golem now?
Almost always followed up by Aegis or Locket. Even ADC's have more item variety/build variety than that now; and that's saying something.

I would love to see tiamat become a viable jungle opening; it'd open up a lot of opportunities for junglers.

How about bilgewater instead of tiamat for the increased ganking power? You could sit on machete or spirit stone for a while since they are pretty efficient items on their own, get a mid-tier DPS item then continue your tankiness -- kinda like how jiji went brutalizer before finishing ancient golem on jungle Panth

grain of salt: I'm terrible at jungle

If we're talking about non-competitive play I've had plenty of Jarven's rush BorK->tankiness and do well in the depths of Silver.

soloqueue tends to have much longer lane phase; (then follow logic of previous statement).


Well, the longer laning phase lasts the more offensively geared melle champs we could see in general. With a long laning phase you can do a BotRK/Triforce > Defense on Irelia and Jax, you can go for Brutalizer on guys like Renekton, etc.
Freeeeeeedom
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
July 16 2013 03:51 GMT
#1920
On July 16 2013 11:28 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:51 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:48 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:23 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 10:12 Amui wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:56 Amarok wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:48 TheYango wrote:
On July 16 2013 09:44 Amarok wrote:
Personally I don't mind most of the changes. It means laners need to make more choices in terms of defenses because there is less passive defense provided by Bulwark. The locket/aegis combo is a more achievable item for a support which frees up the build paths of junglers (which in turn allows for more options at champ select for junglers and laners).

I'm actually surprised there's that much of an uproar about it.

There's still no compelling reason to wait for a support to have 2700 gold before you have Locket when you could have it way earlier on a jungler or top laner.


No, but it's still more achievable for the jungler as well which will largely have the same effect of increasing options. With less passive gain provided by the item and more MR options (including budget ones) it becomes less vital to complete asap.

I saw supports getting Bulwark in solo Q as it was. If Locket isn't as vital a mid game item it can be the item that the support works towards. Emblem is amazing in the laning phase, Aegis has a relatively smooth build path and the Locket active is at its most effective post 15-20 mins anyway.


If you've watched competitive games recently, a rich support has maybe a kindlegem boots oracles, a ruby sightstone, and a stack of pinks. A poor one would be walking around with boots oracles normal sightstone and a couple of greens 30 minutes in. The poor support has about 900g of non-consumable stats. I don't think this trend will change either without a really cost efficient, poor slot efficiency item coming out in the sub 1500 price range(active AoE HP/mana restore, 1/2 second single target invuln, soulshroud passive etc)

The most efficient support stats are HP and CDR. HP because they're too poor to buy both types of resist, and have low HP too because of level. CDR helps the support put out more spells = more support.


I have seen supports getting Bulwark in pro games (VES vs Curse IIRC) and Locket is taken on supports at pro level semi-frequently. Pro games haven't been played on the ward gold sharing patch either. I take your point though.

OGNLoL is all about Supports being the ward bitch. It's very rare to see a support pick up any real items.

ftfy.
Aside from Season 1; supports have always been ward bitches; it was a miracle for supports to get more than a shurelya's in season 2; season 3 has been even more problematic.

I was just making a point that sometimes NA Supports will pick up a bigger item, in OGN it almost never happens. I'd have to go back and watch old Vods, but I feel like this is the worst it's been for supports in competitive play in terms of buying no items.

I think it has to do with how long games go; and how kills are allocated; than it really has to do with NA supports buying items instead of wards.


Also; don't know if anyone brought this up yet; but 3.9 has had some serious assist allocation bugs. My friend didn't get an assist despite using BotRK on the target. This happened multiple times.


I'm also pretty irked that though jungle has been drastically changed to have more gold, it's pretty much turned into season 2 jungle on steroids; instead of gp10 tank jungles; its just turned into tank-fest.


That is only later in the game. And the fact is, for jungler purposes, the only clear that matters is the first clear. Maybe the 2nd.


Actually, if you take into account the passive gold changes a jungler's income increased from season 2, and was increased against recently due to faster spawns...

...assuming the jungler keeps farming. The problem isn't that a jungler can't have a laner's income, it's that they can't have a laner's income while also having any presence whatsoever unless their name is Karthus.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings113
CranKy Ducklings SOOP34
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko278
ProTech124
SHIN 116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26780
Hyuk 1318
Shuttle 1167
Bisu 1104
Mind 865
Larva 300
Mini 277
firebathero 259
Soma 185
EffOrt 182
[ Show more ]
Last 125
Leta 113
ZerO 93
Zeus 75
Hyun 69
Pusan 67
Hm[arnc] 55
Sexy 34
sorry 34
PianO 33
Killer 31
Trap 30
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 28
hero 27
Aegong 23
yabsab 13
Noble 11
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 7
zelot 5
Dota 2
Dendi927
XcaliburYe613
XaKoH 433
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1485
Other Games
gofns37061
singsing2469
B2W.Neo902
crisheroes334
Happy243
DeMusliM185
OGKoka 180
Mew2King113
Livibee102
ArmadaUGS67
ToD14
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream208
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8351
League of Legends
• Jankos1738
Other Games
• WagamamaTV188
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 12m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 12m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.