• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:37
CEST 11:37
KST 18:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12149 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 265 266 267 268 269 339 Next
TheSinisterRed
Profile Joined September 2012
United States1546 Posts
July 25 2013 15:39 GMT
#5321
On July 25 2013 23:54 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2013 23:45 Clinic wrote:
On July 25 2013 23:44 Roffles wrote:
On July 25 2013 23:36 NeoIllusions wrote:
On July 25 2013 23:27 Roffles wrote:
On July 25 2013 22:59 NeoIllusions wrote:
Would TL LoL be interested if I start doing a few IHs a week for lowbies. Full on tryhard with the intention of improving. For fun, per se, but it would be so users can some experience about a 5s settings. If you're bronze or silver and you end up laning against me (for example), it would be because you asked for it and wanted to learn how to lane better. There should be no raging post game, which is something that has consistently plagued TL IHs in the past. (oh, the amount of butthurt stories I've heard...)

Yango approached me about this a few days ago about how he felt sorry for some of you guys who have never gotten to LoL beyond solo queue.

Like the idea of it, but as always I feel like these IHs are going to eventually degrade into "l0lnoob go kill urself" or "l0l0l i can play ad heimerdinger and style on this 1200 elo scrub". I feel like it's a step above solo queueing, but still most of the people you probably might not know and you'll be swapping teams over and over. What's the incentive to not rage when your team feeds or when the skill levels aren't comparable on teams?

If you're plat++, I'd make a conscious effort to put you against a lowbie that wants to play with you. If you're too good and no one wants to play against you in lane, I'd request that person to support or perhaps jungle.

If I'm spearheading this for the community, you can expect a very low tolerance for stupid shit. God save the poor guy who thinks he can heimer in my IHs. If anything, expect my IHs to be very traditional in picks. If you want to experimental weird/fun shit, you're playing in the wrong custom game.

I disagree with this assessment. If you're too good and you're forced to play a less impactful role, then your incentive to come play these decreases significantly. I think the entire idea would be to allow people to just tryhard bash on lesser skilled players and let them learn from the experience.

and this being TL i would imagine that the best players have more people wanting to lane against them, not fewer

Kinda this. I assume if lowbies enters this, it's to learn something and they'd be willing to get there asses kicked a few times. But it really depends on the pool of players. I'd do my best to accommodate everyone but we'll see.


I'd be willing to get my ass kicked if it helped me get better. If I'm not at work or whatever I'd be happy to join an in house to try and improve.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 25 2013 15:42 GMT
#5322
Woot. Behind 1500 posts on Monday, catch up by Thursday. I'd love to do inhouses if it was something I could plan and schedule for! It's always kinda meh to try and ask in LP as a lowbie for w/e stupid reason.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 25 2013 15:45 GMT
#5323
On July 26 2013 00:42 mordek wrote:
Woot. Behind 1500 posts on Monday, catch up by Thursday. I'd love to do inhouses if it was something I could plan and schedule for! It's always kinda meh to try and ask in LP as a lowbie for w/e stupid reason.

lol yeah tumbleweeds while everyone checks the profile then doesn't say anything.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 25 2013 15:47 GMT
#5324
On July 26 2013 00:16 Capped wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 00:02 mr_tolkien wrote:
Tbh inhouses are nice and all but the matchmaking is so well done in LoL that I don't see it really succeeding in the long run.

Since the 10 players are just randomly picked, the teams are BOUND to be imbalanced, and tbh, you won't learn much from this.
I think we should just push players of «similar level» to play ranked 5s together, because :
1) They will face lots of different opponents
2) They can learn together really fast

Ofc, sometimes you can pick-up a lowbie to let him see what it's like to play with 4 gods, a bit like what we're doing with Teutonica.


Y u no do it with me? :<

Also, i'd like to see this happen in EU, Neo y u 'MURICAN

Honestly, EU always seems to suck compared to NA when it comes to community in EVERY game i fuckin' play.

I wish i was american or at least lived near there now T.T

... I'm on EUW xD
The legend of Darien lives on
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 25 2013 15:48 GMT
#5325
It's hard to be the initiator when you're the one that sucks is all. There's not the same appeal as Neo organizing something. That I can jump at, otherwise the appeal just isn't there when I ask I would think. Not whining just realistic about it
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
July 25 2013 15:49 GMT
#5326
On July 26 2013 00:47 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 00:16 Capped wrote:
On July 26 2013 00:02 mr_tolkien wrote:
Tbh inhouses are nice and all but the matchmaking is so well done in LoL that I don't see it really succeeding in the long run.

Since the 10 players are just randomly picked, the teams are BOUND to be imbalanced, and tbh, you won't learn much from this.
I think we should just push players of «similar level» to play ranked 5s together, because :
1) They will face lots of different opponents
2) They can learn together really fast

Ofc, sometimes you can pick-up a lowbie to let him see what it's like to play with 4 gods, a bit like what we're doing with Teutonica.


Y u no do it with me? :<

Also, i'd like to see this happen in EU, Neo y u 'MURICAN

Honestly, EU always seems to suck compared to NA when it comes to community in EVERY game i fuckin' play.

I wish i was american or at least lived near there now T.T

... I'm on EUW xD


Ah i know sorry..i was talking to Neo with the 2nd line lol
Useless wet fish.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 16:13:35
July 25 2013 16:00 GMT
#5327
Having to play against Elise jungle + Anivia getting destroyed and thus no items reminds me of how retarded their base damage are.

(Not that they aren't bullshit in their own right far and away from simply base damage, but that component makes them pretty retarded even early game and/or when behind.)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 25 2013 16:03 GMT
#5328
Oh man that Justicar Syndra skin is soooooooo goooood. Pity I don't know Syndra nor do I have RP.
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
July 25 2013 16:14 GMT
#5329
On July 26 2013 01:03 Numy wrote:
Oh man that Justicar Syndra skin is soooooooo goooood. Pity I don't know Syndra nor do I have RP.

I by far prefer the un-skinned Syndra... as a main Syndra who has played 95% Syndra.
aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
July 25 2013 16:18 GMT
#5330
syndra would be an excellent candidate for wearing pants
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 25 2013 16:22 GMT
#5331
Syndra has pretty high tier feet.
It's your boy Guzma!
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 25 2013 16:23 GMT
#5332
--- Nuked ---
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
July 25 2013 16:26 GMT
#5333
On July 26 2013 01:23 JimmiC wrote:
If we do the Inhouse Lowbies super thingy. Not sure if we have a name for it yet, could we start it's own thread. I have trouble keeping up with this one!

Working on it now, the body of the OP at least.
idk about name.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 16:26:51
July 25 2013 16:26 GMT
#5334
edit: oh good
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
July 25 2013 16:27 GMT
#5335
It just occurred to me my gold division was Volibear's Paragons and my platinum one is Zilean's Masterminds. I'm a traitor to armored bears everywhere!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 25 2013 16:29 GMT
#5336
I have been in the office for 28 hours straight

Kill me
It's your boy Guzma!
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
July 25 2013 16:29 GMT
#5337
On July 26 2013 01:26 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 01:23 JimmiC wrote:
If we do the Inhouse Lowbies super thingy. Not sure if we have a name for it yet, could we start it's own thread. I have trouble keeping up with this one!

Working on it now, the body of the OP at least.
idk about name.


Gotta be a way to acronym it as NOOBS
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 25 2013 16:31 GMT
#5338
Not Only Obnoxiously Bad Summoners
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
lilwisper
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2515 Posts
July 25 2013 16:48 GMT
#5339
On July 25 2013 23:54 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2013 23:45 Clinic wrote:
On July 25 2013 23:44 Roffles wrote:
On July 25 2013 23:36 NeoIllusions wrote:
On July 25 2013 23:27 Roffles wrote:
On July 25 2013 22:59 NeoIllusions wrote:
Would TL LoL be interested if I start doing a few IHs a week for lowbies. Full on tryhard with the intention of improving. For fun, per se, but it would be so users can some experience about a 5s settings. If you're bronze or silver and you end up laning against me (for example), it would be because you asked for it and wanted to learn how to lane better. There should be no raging post game, which is something that has consistently plagued TL IHs in the past. (oh, the amount of butthurt stories I've heard...)

Yango approached me about this a few days ago about how he felt sorry for some of you guys who have never gotten to LoL beyond solo queue.

Like the idea of it, but as always I feel like these IHs are going to eventually degrade into "l0lnoob go kill urself" or "l0l0l i can play ad heimerdinger and style on this 1200 elo scrub". I feel like it's a step above solo queueing, but still most of the people you probably might not know and you'll be swapping teams over and over. What's the incentive to not rage when your team feeds or when the skill levels aren't comparable on teams?

If you're plat++, I'd make a conscious effort to put you against a lowbie that wants to play with you. If you're too good and no one wants to play against you in lane, I'd request that person to support or perhaps jungle.

If I'm spearheading this for the community, you can expect a very low tolerance for stupid shit. God save the poor guy who thinks he can heimer in my IHs. If anything, expect my IHs to be very traditional in picks. If you want to experimental weird/fun shit, you're playing in the wrong custom game.

I disagree with this assessment. If you're too good and you're forced to play a less impactful role, then your incentive to come play these decreases significantly. I think the entire idea would be to allow people to just tryhard bash on lesser skilled players and let them learn from the experience.

and this being TL i would imagine that the best players have more people wanting to lane against them, not fewer

Kinda this. I assume if lowbies enters this, it's to learn something and they'd be willing to get there asses kicked a few times. But it really depends on the pool of players. I'd do my best to accommodate everyone but we'll see.




I would like to try and learn. I'm probably plastic-aluminum (maybe copper if people feel like being nice ) elo though. I was thinking of at least going tryharder for one day on weekends or so.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 25 2013 16:49 GMT
#5340
On July 26 2013 01:22 Requizen wrote:
Syndra has pretty high tier feet.

Uhm...
Prev 1 265 266 267 268 269 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 193
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 764
BeSt 646
Larva 625
Horang2 613
Hyuk 420
soO 410
ZerO 191
Zeus 161
EffOrt 130
Killer 64
[ Show more ]
Rush 59
Shinee 56
Stork 40
Mind 35
Mong 25
PianO 21
Terrorterran 20
Bale 19
ToSsGirL 18
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Light 0
Dota 2
XaKoH 630
XcaliburYe312
Counter-Strike
byalli872
Other Games
olofmeister1701
singsing1321
ceh9720
crisheroes210
Livibee185
ArmadaUGS65
Mew2King62
ZerO(Twitch)9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Jankos1923
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
23m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 23m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.