• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:16
CEST 08:16
KST 15:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10568 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 228 229 230 231 232 339 Next
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 23 2013 21:28 GMT
#4581
Ok I have a legit question that is sort of related to this.

I have a friend who I introduced to the game, and as with anyone who I"ve introduced I made a fresh account so I could level with him w/o him having to face my normal matchmaking mmr. When he got to 30 I just got really frustrated with playing with him, not because I cared that we lost, in fact we did decent even if I would play on my older account, but it got to the point where if I didn't tell him, be here or lets do this, he just had no game sense.

I tried to talk him into playing solo q or even solo normals while I was at work so he could develop his own mind for the game, but he straight up had no interest, outside of playing with friends he just didn't enjoy the game and for me, he really liked playing with me and my main duo partner but for us it was really annoying because it felt like we were directing traffic 24/7. I wouldn't say we've had a 'falling out' we are still friends, but we don't play league together, and he pretty much dropped it outside of the occasional aram q (which I do play with him if I'm on)

is there anything I could have done differently?
Carrilord has arrived.
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
July 23 2013 21:28 GMT
#4582
On July 24 2013 06:24 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:20 Requizen wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:18 Slusher wrote:
is anyone actually arguing that doing 100% of one and 0% of the other is right in all situations for all people, because if they are that's retarded.

I honestly don't even think you guys are arguing about anything anymore

I don't think so either.

I think I might get a cat, thoughts?

If you have roommates; don't get a pet.
If by yourself; knock yourself out.
Currently living with a roommate who does a shit job taking care of her dogs; fucking making it hell for me. Chew'd/slobbered all over my shoes earlier today.


Can't DuoQ. Gotta solo-room man.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 23 2013 21:28 GMT
#4583
On July 24 2013 05:30 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 05:30 Requizen wrote:
The point of League is to make friends

<3

How do you make friends if you uninstall?

By seeing who wants you to come back.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 23 2013 21:28 GMT
#4584
On July 24 2013 06:27 nafta wrote:
You could always get a guinea pig if you have roommates.You'd make artosis proud.

No roommates, so alone ;_;

At the same time though, I would feel bad about working my 9-5 job every day and leaving a pet alone until I get back, so I dunno.
It's your boy Guzma!
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 21:30:18
July 23 2013 21:29 GMT
#4585
On July 24 2013 06:28 Slusher wrote:
Ok I have a legit question that is sort of related to this.

I have a friend who I introduced to the game, and as with anyone who I"ve introduced I made a fresh account so I could level with him w/o him having to face my normal matchmaking mmr. When he got to 30 I just got really frustrated with playing with him, not because I cared that we lost, in fact we did decent even if I would play on my older account, but it got to the point where if I didn't tell him, be here or lets do this, he just had no game sense.

I tried to talk him into playing solo q or even solo normals while I was at work so he could develop his own mind for the game, but he straight up had no interest, outside of playing with friends he just didn't enjoy the game and for me, he really liked playing with me and my main duo partner but for us it was really annoying because it felt like we were directing traffic 24/7. I wouldn't say we've had a 'falling out' we are still friends, but we don't play league together, and he pretty much dropped it outside of the occasional aram q (which I do play with him if I'm on)

is there anything I could have done differently?

tell him to ask why. if you tell him to do something make him ask you why.

On July 24 2013 06:28 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:27 nafta wrote:
You could always get a guinea pig if you have roommates.You'd make artosis proud.

No roommates, so alone ;_;

At the same time though, I would feel bad about working my 9-5 job every day and leaving a pet alone until I get back, so I dunno.

Become this guy
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
July 23 2013 21:29 GMT
#4586
On July 24 2013 06:28 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:27 nafta wrote:
You could always get a guinea pig if you have roommates.You'd make artosis proud.

No roommates, so alone ;_;

At the same time though, I would feel bad about working my 9-5 job every day and leaving a pet alone until I get back, so I dunno.


Get 2 problem solved.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 21:31:34
July 23 2013 21:30 GMT
#4587
On July 24 2013 06:28 Slusher wrote:
Ok I have a legit question that is sort of related to this.

I have a friend who I introduced to the game, and as with anyone who I"ve introduced I made a fresh account so I could level with him w/o him having to face my normal matchmaking mmr. When he got to 30 I just got really frustrated with playing with him, not because I cared that we lost, in fact we did decent even if I would play on my older account, but it got to the point where if I didn't tell him, be here or lets do this, he just had no game sense.

I tried to talk him into playing solo q or even solo normals while I was at work so he could develop his own mind for the game, but he straight up had no interest, outside of playing with friends he just didn't enjoy the game and for me, he really liked playing with me and my main duo partner but for us it was really annoying because it felt like we were directing traffic 24/7. I wouldn't say we've had a 'falling out' we are still friends, but we don't play league together, and he pretty much dropped it outside of the occasional aram q (which I do play with him if I'm on)

is there anything I could have done differently?

Drop him as friend; and find Diamond 1 players to make ranked 5's team with. hue.
No, seriously though. He's probably just a casual LoL gamer, if that's the case just troll around with him. Don't worry about winning. Just play silly shit with him, like Alistar + J4 Botlane, just make the experience more enjoyable rather than trying to win.
On July 24 2013 06:28 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:27 nafta wrote:
You could always get a guinea pig if you have roommates.You'd make artosis proud.

No roommates, so alone ;_;

At the same time though, I would feel bad about working my 9-5 job every day and leaving a pet alone until I get back, so I dunno.

My roommate is worse; she's gone from 12pm to 2 am; with work/doing other stuff. absolute shitter of a person. She doesn't even sweep the common areas for the dog hairs. She's so deluded that she thinks she's a "good dog owner".
liftlift > tsm
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
July 23 2013 21:31 GMT
#4588
The guy probably just has no interest in getting better and just enjoys hanging with you guys.If he doesn't find the game fun to play by himself then he just likes your company.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 21:36:13
July 23 2013 21:31 GMT
#4589
On July 24 2013 06:01 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 05:59 TheYango wrote:
On July 24 2013 05:54 Scip wrote:
I can't emphasise how much playing ranked5s retarded my growth as a player
just people with wrong opinions forcing wrong playstyles on you giving you wrong advice picking wrong champions making wrong calls and blaming their lack of success on irrelevant small failures.
Text above describes the most successful team I've been in so far.

it took me like 2 weeks of really really painful soloQ just to regain the knowledge I had and get back to the point where I was before I started playing with them.

Well Scip, you're someone who I'd consider a fairly successful solo queue player who's more or less reconciled yourself with the mindset required to be successful in solo queue.

There are a lot of LoL players who play ranked who are not this way, and will never be this way, and if they're getting ragey and frustrated every solo queue game, they're not going to improve quickly either.

it also doesn't help that so few people have actual experience with ranked 5's in League that they are likely going to have a poor mindset going into it and end up like scip. in a team that fails to recognize why they aren't improving.

I know I'd be unable to manage a 5s by myself. If we had a leader/manager/boss/whatever with a higher game knowledge than me, I could provide an additional point of view, have brainstorming sessions, etc.
But if I was the "best" out of the 5s, apart from looking a bit at everyone's weaknesses and playstyle, and try to maybe make them mesh/tell everyone what they could improve, I'd be unable to just draw a plan, determine what is the priority to improve between X's personal skills, or a flaw within the team as a whole, etc. Because I'd never be able to know "What if I'm entirely wrong regarding the reason we lost this game?" and in the long run we would probably stagnate a bunch.

Which kinda comes back to Yango's argument that we improve faster/better with people better than us.
'cept you have to have people able to progress by themselves otherwise you'd never push the boundaries. But I'm not one of them.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 23 2013 21:31 GMT
#4590
[QUOTE]On July 24 2013 06:29 PrinceXizor wrote:
[QUOTE]On July 24 2013 06:28 Slusher wrote:
Ok I have a legit question that is sort of related to this.

I have a friend who I introduced to the game, and as with anyone who I"ve introduced I made a fresh account so I could level with him w/o him having to face my normal matchmaking mmr. When he got to 30 I just got really frustrated with playing with him, not because I cared that we lost, in fact we did decent even if I would play on my older account, but it got to the point where if I didn't tell him, be here or lets do this, he just had no game sense.

I tried to talk him into playing solo q or even solo normals while I was at work so he could develop his own mind for the game, but he straight up had no interest, outside of playing with friends he just didn't enjoy the game and for me, he really liked playing with me and my main duo partner but for us it was really annoying because it felt like we were directing traffic 24/7. I wouldn't say we've had a 'falling out' we are still friends, but we don't play league together, and he pretty much dropped it outside of the occasional aram q (which I do play with him if I'm on)

is there anything I could have done differently?[/QUOTE]
tell him to ask why. if you tell him to do something make him ask you why.

[QUOTE]

we're way past that
Carrilord has arrived.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 23 2013 21:31 GMT
#4591
For those who havent seen, the Ryze MS buff that went along with the range nerfs has been reverted.
Freeeeeeedom
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 23 2013 21:33 GMT
#4592
On July 24 2013 06:31 cLutZ wrote:
For those who havent seen, the Ryze MS buff that went along with the range nerfs has been reverted.

The MS buff removed? Or Range + MS change revereted?
liftlift > tsm
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 23 2013 21:36 GMT
#4593
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/07/pax-aus-art-demo-futuristic-caitlyn.html

As someone who plays Cait a lot, I'd instabuy futureCait.
It's your boy Guzma!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 23 2013 21:37 GMT
#4594
Pulsefire Caitlyn?
Moderator
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 21:39:58
July 23 2013 21:38 GMT
#4595
On July 24 2013 06:36 Requizen wrote:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/07/pax-aus-art-demo-futuristic-caitlyn.html

As someone who plays Cait a lot, I'd instabuy futureCait.

Thank god. Reddit had a link to this stuff on another site and broke the ever loving crap out of it.

XCOM Cait.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 23 2013 21:38 GMT
#4596
On July 24 2013 06:33 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:31 cLutZ wrote:
For those who havent seen, the Ryze MS buff that went along with the range nerfs has been reverted.

The MS buff removed? Or Range + MS change revereted?


The first: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/07/723-pbe-update-another-small-one.html#more

Ryze

Move speed returned to 335 from 340 - this goes against what was noted in Riot's PBE notes.
Freeeeeeedom
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 23 2013 21:40 GMT
#4597
I still think Vi and Cait need to have a theme skin together.

+ Show Spoiler +
Realest OTP in League

[image loading]
It's your boy Guzma!
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 21:41:00
July 23 2013 21:40 GMT
#4598
On July 24 2013 06:11 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:08 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:03 PrinceXizor wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:02 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 24 2013 05:59 TheYango wrote:
On July 24 2013 05:54 Scip wrote:
I can't emphasise how much playing ranked5s retarded my growth as a player
just people with wrong opinions forcing wrong playstyles on you giving you wrong advice picking wrong champions making wrong calls and blaming their lack of success on irrelevant small failures.
Text above describes the most successful team I've been in so far.

it took me like 2 weeks of really really painful soloQ just to regain the knowledge I had and get back to the point where I was before I started playing with them.

Well Scip, you're someone who I'd consider a fairly successful solo queue player who's more or less reconciled yourself with the mindset required to be successful in solo queue.

There are a lot of LoL players who play ranked who are not this way, and will never be this way, and if they're getting ragey and frustrated every solo queue game, they're not going to improve quickly either.

I think people without the right solo queue mindset; isn't going to bring the right mindset in 5's either. Still going to blame others, and not accept any of their own faults.

if you don't understand what is your fault when 4 other people agree that something was a mistake. then playing solo queue isn't going to help that person. that guys just a dick. it doesn't mean the 4 other people should give up and go to solo queue.

No, but the player isn't going to improve either way. Remember this whole argument/debate originated from the idea 'oh solo queue ain't helping me'. Which is wrong. Once you've accepted that solo queue can improve you as a player, then that's when you can improve in a 5's setting as well. No point in dragging 4 other people down with you if you can't prove to be a player with right mentality.
On July 24 2013 06:04 TheYango wrote:
Is it really strange to think that someone who is obstinate and unforgiving with 4 random players will be more calm and introspective with 4 players he knows? It's not outrageous to believe that someone will think or behave differently among friends than among randoms.

Yes.

okay yeah, if you are willing to look at your mistakes to improve and accept your mistakes you can learn from solo queue and a team environment. but the team environment is more efficient to learn from, and thus better. Scip is the exception not the rule. we have years and years of proof within dota of this. and league isn't inherently such a different game that it doesn't apply.


there is no rule because there was no solo q for dota (that matched you with the best players) you had to play inhouse leagues or whatever to get good games. You can play solo q and climb the ladder and play with the best players that way. There has been no case where a bunch of players who sucked at solo q dominated as a team. even the case everyone touts as diamondprox beign 1700, by the time m5 had their first tournament diamondprox was rank 3 in EUW solo q or osmething with 70%~ winrate
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 23 2013 21:41 GMT
#4599
On July 24 2013 06:40 Requizen wrote:
I still think Vi and Cait need to have a theme skin together.

+ Show Spoiler +
Realest OTP in League

[image loading]

Yes please!
also you should def buy a guinea pig
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 23 2013 21:43 GMT
#4600
On July 24 2013 06:38 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:33 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:31 cLutZ wrote:
For those who havent seen, the Ryze MS buff that went along with the range nerfs has been reverted.

The MS buff removed? Or Range + MS change revereted?


The first: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/07/723-pbe-update-another-small-one.html#more

Show nested quote +
Ryze

Move speed returned to 335 from 340 - this goes against what was noted in Riot's PBE notes.

Wow. That's so absurd.
liftlift > tsm
Prev 1 228 229 230 231 232 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft779
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 630
Stork 267
ggaemo 250
Leta 146
PianO 58
Hyuk 32
yabsab 17
ZergMaN 14
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
Reynor65
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King191
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor654
Other Games
summit1g9354
Coldzera 813
C9.Mang0294
PiGStarcraft183
Sick144
ArmadaUGS65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick653
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2258
League of Legends
• Lourlo1123
• Stunt464
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 44m
Online Event
4h 44m
FEL
9h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.