• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:43
CEST 13:43
KST 20:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10541 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 182 183 184 185 186 339 Next
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 22 2013 04:16 GMT
#3661
best penta miss I've ever seen is my friend almost got his first penta at like lvl15 and accidentally tumbled backwards on Vayne
Carrilord has arrived.
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
July 22 2013 04:28 GMT
#3662
what's he's saying about looking internationally for greater insight into the game (or just broadening horizons in general) is not incorrect but the fact that NA pros haven't been looking at other scenes, at least not in depth, is just due to one thing: they are fucking lazy for professionals if you could have even called them that in the past.

KR and CN have better coaching (lifestyle and dedication if not analysts), infrastructure, etc. There are also a bunch of teenagers willing to take your place if you're complacent in korea, and the coaches and sponsors are willing to make those cuts if people deem it necessary, whereas in NA it tends to be rehashing one old pro for another (although that has also started to change due to new blood infused in LCS).
Hey! Listen!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 04:33:50
July 22 2013 04:29 GMT
#3663
On July 22 2013 13:11 jaybrundage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 13:09 wei2coolman wrote:
I think the whole "world meta" is sort of overplayed as to why NA scene is less successful. NA teams just lack infrastructure and discipline.

Did you read the article if anyone has a good opinion on it it would be Cloud9 has they have obviously been the leaders in the NA scene. Although I wouldn't discount lack of infrastructure and discipline being factors too.

So you discount my opinion of it; just cuz some C9 guy has opinion on it? what's the point of asking for our thoughts then? lol

On July 22 2013 13:28 Navi wrote:
what's he's saying about looking internationally for greater insight into the game (or just broadening horizons in general) is not incorrect but the fact that NA pros haven't been looking at other scenes, at least not in depth, is just due to one thing: they are fucking lazy for professionals if you could have even called them that in the past.

KR and CN have better coaching (lifestyle and dedication if not analysts), infrastructure, etc. There are also a bunch of teenagers willing to take your place if you're complacent in korea, and the coaches and sponsors are willing to make those cuts if people deem it necessary, whereas in NA it tends to be rehashing one old pro for another (although that has also started to change due to new blood infused in LCS).

I think a lot of it has to do with lack of high level coaching/analysis, especially nowadays.
liftlift > tsm
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
July 22 2013 04:31 GMT
#3664
On July 22 2013 13:16 TheYango wrote:
Actually, I just disagree with the idea that Asian games were inaccessible to NA/EU teams. This might be an argument for the casual viewer, who cares about general accessibility, but not for a progamer. VODs for tournament matches have ALWAYS been available for Chinese/Korean/SEA tournaments. The fact that they have no English-language content is irrelevant to a progamer, and they've by and large always been easy to find on common streaming/video portals that while it's not immediately accessible at first glance, someone who's making a living on the game should easily be able to spend the time and effort locating VODS of tournament games.

I agree with you here. I think part of the problem was that NA wasn't really trying to compete with Azn teams. They just avoided thinking about them and focusing on there NA EU counterparts. But I also think that given time the meta's will collide and a "world meta" will be created. Similar to how the EU meta of adc support spread to become just the normal meta. Given time we won't even call it the world meta it will just be "the meta."
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
July 22 2013 04:33 GMT
#3665
On July 22 2013 13:29 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 13:11 jaybrundage wrote:
On July 22 2013 13:09 wei2coolman wrote:
I think the whole "world meta" is sort of overplayed as to why NA scene is less successful. NA teams just lack infrastructure and discipline.

Did you read the article if anyone has a good opinion on it it would be Cloud9 has they have obviously been the leaders in the NA scene. Although I wouldn't discount lack of infrastructure and discipline being factors too.

So you discount my opinion of it; just cuz some C9 guy has opinion on it? what's the point of asking for our thoughts then? lol

I asked if you read the article well did you . I am curious about peoples opinion. I also think you misread what i said. I stated i wouldn't discount lack of infrastructure and discipline being a factor for NA not being strong.
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 22 2013 04:34 GMT
#3666
On July 22 2013 13:33 jaybrundage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 13:29 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 22 2013 13:11 jaybrundage wrote:
On July 22 2013 13:09 wei2coolman wrote:
I think the whole "world meta" is sort of overplayed as to why NA scene is less successful. NA teams just lack infrastructure and discipline.

Did you read the article if anyone has a good opinion on it it would be Cloud9 has they have obviously been the leaders in the NA scene. Although I wouldn't discount lack of infrastructure and discipline being factors too.

So you discount my opinion of it; just cuz some C9 guy has opinion on it? what's the point of asking for our thoughts then? lol

I asked if you read the article well did you . I am curious about peoples opinion. I also think you misread what i said. I stated i wouldn't discount lack of infrastructure and discipline being a factor for NA not being strong.

I did read the the article; and it's a really trivial excuse for why NA sucks, and why they've historically sucked.
liftlift > tsm
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 04:37:46
July 22 2013 04:36 GMT
#3667
On July 22 2013 13:11 TheYango wrote:
The idea of a "world meta" is pretty ludicrous to begin with, given how there's still pretty clear divides in how the non-NA regions play the game.

Also, Chinese teams are just really bad at drafting, lol. This isn't a "new" problem the way he plays it off.

Other than drafting, Yango what would you say are the greatest weaknesses of the Chinese scene? From what I've seen they just seem to be the mechanically fixated region, but this leads to some issues such as extremely non-aggressive (aggressive not really the best word here) gameplay as well as poor picks/bans
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 22 2013 04:36 GMT
#3668
honestly I just think a lot of it comes down to how Tryhard solo que is, not just good practice for players on teams, but provides a bigger pool to recruit from.
Carrilord has arrived.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 22 2013 04:36 GMT
#3669
On July 22 2013 13:36 3 Lions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 13:11 TheYango wrote:
The idea of a "world meta" is pretty ludicrous to begin with, given how there's still pretty clear divides in how the non-NA regions play the game.

Also, Chinese teams are just really bad at drafting, lol. This isn't a "new" problem the way he plays it off.

Other than drafting, Yango what would you say are the greatest weaknesses of the Chinese scene? From what I've seen they just seem to be the mechanically skilled region, but this leads to some issues such as extremely non-aggressive (aggressive not really the best word here) gameplay as well as poor picks/bans

Shaco. Definitely Shaco.
liftlift > tsm
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
July 22 2013 04:38 GMT
#3670
So, I was going to make a thread about this in the strategy section, but that forum seems to be mostly champion guides and I don't want to put this somewhere inappropriate.

How do I go about getting better at ganking/counterganking as a jungler? I'm trying to get better maining jungler. My main strength in my play (imo) is my jungle control. I'm very good at keeping timers and always being on top of my buffs and being primed to steal one of theirs. Rarely ever do I lose a buff to the enemy team. My weakness is ganking.

I usually face a few problems in the ganking department...

1) I have a hard time deciding when to use my time to try to gank. Lets say I start at wraiths (assuming both buffs clear and not coming up in the next 30 secs-1 min). I usually chose to either go wolves and look at bot and mid, or go golums and look at top and mid. Usually, in my mind, it's useless to go for a gank unless they're pushing our towers. Unless I'm playing a champ like shaco that i know I can't afford not to be aggressive on, I will opt to go to the opposite side of the jungle to get that last camp and keep farming. Usually I just feel I'm going to make the guy retreat back to his tower and basically waste my time and let the opposite lanes know they're safe for a bit.

2) I can't menuver around wards very well. Bot especially (unless I'm playing a jungler like udyr with ghost) Is hard to gank for me. But even top, I find it hard to get in past the river wards. I try ganking from the lane, but It doesn't usually work very well. Like I said, unless they're pushed to our turret, I find it hard to gank. Another problem is getting people to talk and tell me where wards are in the first place, so If I didn't see it go down, it's unlikely that my team will answer me in chat and tell me where the ward is.

3) I'm not playing at the greatest ELO, and a lot of people will feed kills and then yell at me for not helping them. I'm not thin skined enough to let that bother me, but I feel like If i knew when their jugnler was going to gank, I could at least be there to make sure my guy doesn't die. You hear so much about how sick X's counterganks are, but I hardly ever get the chance to countergank anyone because i'm not in the right spot.

"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 04:44:26
July 22 2013 04:39 GMT
#3671
On July 22 2013 13:36 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 13:36 3 Lions wrote:
On July 22 2013 13:11 TheYango wrote:
The idea of a "world meta" is pretty ludicrous to begin with, given how there's still pretty clear divides in how the non-NA regions play the game.

Also, Chinese teams are just really bad at drafting, lol. This isn't a "new" problem the way he plays it off.

Other than drafting, Yango what would you say are the greatest weaknesses of the Chinese scene? From what I've seen they just seem to be the mechanically skilled region, but this leads to some issues such as extremely non-aggressive (aggressive not really the best word here) gameplay as well as poor picks/bans

Shaco. Definitely Shaco.

Wayoff shaco best shaco. Fuck it where else do you see shaco bans at a pro level.
I want LMQ to make worlds just to see if he'd have the balls to pick out shaco at the world finals.
Glorious SEA doto
TheSinisterRed
Profile Joined September 2012
United States1546 Posts
July 22 2013 04:45 GMT
#3672
On July 22 2013 13:16 Slusher wrote:
best penta miss I've ever seen is my friend almost got his first penta at like lvl15 and accidentally tumbled backwards on Vayne

I think I am still at 50/50 for tumbling the right way when I am teamfighting with Vayne. It hasn't lost me too many fights, but my heart always skips a beat when I tumble forward into a Zac or Nasus instead of backwards lol
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 05:00:47
July 22 2013 04:53 GMT
#3673
So about the "World" Meta topic (World in quotes, because it's basically just OGN), most NA pros are aware of what's being played and what's successful in OGN. Heck they often also understand why a particular strategy was successful in a particular game.

However the key is to to figure out the "trade secret" behind a strategy/meta. I'm talking about figuring how in what specific situation (position, timing, composition) is a world meta strategy most successful. People often don't choose to adopt the world meta because "the Koreans do it" is often not a good enough reason. And figuring out the real reasons to run a strategy (the "trade secrets") is a very difficult task to do, that requires quantitative analysis, experimentation, and guess work. Transferring over a strategy from another meta into your own in a highly effective way is not an easy task. The risk involved is that you spend a lot of manhours to learn that a strategy is only good in some edge case scenario.

Anyway, all these overhead and risk in analysis and the unwillingness to blindly follow result in each region developing their own meta. The best way to facilitate the growth of a World Meta is to just have more international play, which is not feasible due to the server and lag restrictions. Unless you directly play against another meta, it's hard to learn why it's good.
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 05:10:48
July 22 2013 04:58 GMT
#3674
On July 22 2013 13:38 Arisen wrote:
So, I was going to make a thread about this in the strategy section, but that forum seems to be mostly champion guides and I don't want to put this somewhere inappropriate.

How do I go about getting better at ganking/counterganking as a jungler? I'm trying to get better maining jungler. My main strength in my play (imo) is my jungle control. I'm very good at keeping timers and always being on top of my buffs and being primed to steal one of theirs. Rarely ever do I lose a buff to the enemy team. My weakness is ganking.

I usually face a few problems in the ganking department...

1) I have a hard time deciding when to use my time to try to gank. Lets say I start at wraiths (assuming both buffs clear and not coming up in the next 30 secs-1 min). I usually chose to either go wolves and look at bot and mid, or go golums and look at top and mid. Usually, in my mind, it's useless to go for a gank unless they're pushing our towers. Unless I'm playing a champ like shaco that i know I can't afford not to be aggressive on, I will opt to go to the opposite side of the jungle to get that last camp and keep farming. Usually I just feel I'm going to make the guy retreat back to his tower and basically waste my time and let the opposite lanes know they're safe for a bit.

2) I can't menuver around wards very well. Bot especially (unless I'm playing a jungler like udyr with ghost) Is hard to gank for me. But even top, I find it hard to get in past the river wards. I try ganking from the lane, but It doesn't usually work very well. Like I said, unless they're pushed to our turret, I find it hard to gank. Another problem is getting people to talk and tell me where wards are in the first place, so If I didn't see it go down, it's unlikely that my team will answer me in chat and tell me where the ward is.

3) I'm not playing at the greatest ELO, and a lot of people will feed kills and then yell at me for not helping them. I'm not thin skined enough to let that bother me, but I feel like If i knew when their jugnler was going to gank, I could at least be there to make sure my guy doesn't die. You hear so much about how sick X's counterganks are, but I hardly ever get the chance to countergank anyone because i'm not in the right spot.


1. keep farming until you see a good opportunity (like when they overextend). when you play enough, you'll learn how certain matchups work and which ones are most open to ganks (and when it's good to do so).

2. play champs with gap closers. ask the laner where the wards are and go around it. watch for when champs use their escape ability (or have your guy bait it out) and then go in. use tab to keep track of when enemies buy wards.

3. help laners who help you back. ignore others.
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
July 22 2013 05:02 GMT
#3675
On July 22 2013 13:53 caelym wrote:
So about the "World" Meta topic (World in quotes, because it's basically just OGN), most NA pros are aware of what's being played and what's successful in OGN. Heck they often also understand why a particular strategy was successful in a particular game.

However the key is to to figure out the "trade secret" behind a strategy/meta. I'm talking about figuring how in what specific situation (position, timing, composition) is a world meta strategy most successful. People often don't choose to adopt the world meta because "the Koreans do it" is often not a good enough reason. And figuring out the real reasons to run a strategy (the "trade secrets") is a very difficult task to do, that requires quantitative analysis, experimentation, and guess work. Transferring over a strategy from another meta into your own in a highly effective way is not an easy task. The risk involved is that you spend a lot of manhours to learn that a strategy is only good in some edge case scenario.

Anyway, all these overhead and risk in analysis and the unwillingness to blindly follow result in each region developing their own meta. The best way to facilitate the growth of a World Meta is to just have more international play, which is not feasible due to the server and lag restrictions. Unless you directly play against another meta, it's hard to learn why it's good.

One day there will be a time were there is no lag in the world..... One day

I do actually really like your reasoning tho. Figuring out why something ticks and how to reconstruct it is a bit harder then just playing copy cat. Im hoping that a time comes when NA can be trend setters in the scene
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 05:05:31
July 22 2013 05:03 GMT
#3676
On July 22 2013 13:31 jaybrundage wrote:
I agree with you here. I think part of the problem was that NA wasn't really trying to compete with Azn teams. They just avoided thinking about them and focusing on there NA EU counterparts. But I also think that given time the meta's will collide and a "world meta" will be created. Similar to how the EU meta of adc support spread to become just the normal meta. Given time we won't even call it the world meta it will just be "the meta."

The thing is, once you pass a point of just recognizing what's good in a given version and having the basics of knowing how to draft a coherent team composition (which isn't "meta"--it's just having better game understanding and drafting), there is no common ground that applies to all drafts between all teams. A metagame is driven specifically by the strengths, weaknesses, and playstyles that comprise the teams in it, and no matter how much information teams in different parts of the world share, each team is still limited by the individual strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies of both its individual players, and the team as a whole.

Different teams play the game differently, and even perfectly shared information between all teams would not change this fact because the players themselves aren't perfect--teams would play styles suited to their individual strengths and weaknesses, and as such, teams playing against one another would draft/play in ways specifically tailored to the teams they're playing against.
Moderator
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 22 2013 05:07 GMT
#3677
On July 22 2013 13:38 Arisen wrote:
So, I was going to make a thread about this in the strategy section, but that forum seems to be mostly champion guides and I don't want to put this somewhere inappropriate.

How do I go about getting better at ganking/counterganking as a jungler? I'm trying to get better maining jungler. My main strength in my play (imo) is my jungle control. I'm very good at keeping timers and always being on top of my buffs and being primed to steal one of theirs. Rarely ever do I lose a buff to the enemy team. My weakness is ganking.

I usually face a few problems in the ganking department...

1) I have a hard time deciding when to use my time to try to gank. Lets say I start at wraiths (assuming both buffs clear and not coming up in the next 30 secs-1 min). I usually chose to either go wolves and look at bot and mid, or go golums and look at top and mid. Usually, in my mind, it's useless to go for a gank unless they're pushing our towers. Unless I'm playing a champ like shaco that i know I can't afford not to be aggressive on, I will opt to go to the opposite side of the jungle to get that last camp and keep farming. Usually I just feel I'm going to make the guy retreat back to his tower and basically waste my time and let the opposite lanes know they're safe for a bit.

2) I can't menuver around wards very well. Bot especially (unless I'm playing a jungler like udyr with ghost) Is hard to gank for me. But even top, I find it hard to get in past the river wards. I try ganking from the lane, but It doesn't usually work very well. Like I said, unless they're pushed to our turret, I find it hard to gank. Another problem is getting people to talk and tell me where wards are in the first place, so If I didn't see it go down, it's unlikely that my team will answer me in chat and tell me where the ward is.

3) I'm not playing at the greatest ELO, and a lot of people will feed kills and then yell at me for not helping them. I'm not thin skined enough to let that bother me, but I feel like If i knew when their jugnler was going to gank, I could at least be there to make sure my guy doesn't die. You hear so much about how sick X's counterganks are, but I hardly ever get the chance to countergank anyone because i'm not in the right spot.


You can post anything strategy related in the strategy forum, it just happens to be mostly champ guides. I'm pretty sure out admin would actually prefer it ha.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 05:19:14
July 22 2013 05:08 GMT
#3678
On July 22 2013 14:03 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 13:31 jaybrundage wrote:
I agree with you here. I think part of the problem was that NA wasn't really trying to compete with Azn teams. They just avoided thinking about them and focusing on there NA EU counterparts. But I also think that given time the meta's will collide and a "world meta" will be created. Similar to how the EU meta of adc support spread to become just the normal meta. Given time we won't even call it the world meta it will just be "the meta."

The thing is, once you pass a point of just recognizing what's good in a given version and having the basics of knowing how to draft a coherent team composition (which isn't "meta"--it's just having better game understanding and drafting), there is no common ground that applies to all drafts between all teams. A metagame is driven specifically by the strengths, weaknesses, and playstyles that comprise the teams in it, and no matter how much information teams in different parts of the world share, each team is still limited by the individual strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies of both its individual players, and the team as a whole.

Different teams play the game differently, and even perfectly shared information between all teams would not change this fact because the players themselves aren't perfect--teams would play styles suited to their individual strengths and weaknesses, and as such, teams playing against one another would draft/play in ways specifically tailored to the teams they're playing against.

I agree with you

Wait you edited this I RESCIND MY AGREEMENT TILL I REREAD THE TERMS.

While each team is different and has there strengths and weaknesses there is occasionally cases when one play style will flat out beat the other with out giant misplay. In such cases the team has to overcome there weaknesses in a area to learn new styles, champions, ways of play more or less adapting to the meta or risk being overwhelmed by it. There is also there alternative of trying to mold the meta by doing a new style that beats the trending used style.

So while each team will play differently given there abilities. Sometimes they will have to adapt to gain mastery over a trend that is very strong or risk losing. For instance adc support meta.
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
July 22 2013 05:32 GMT
#3679
On July 22 2013 14:07 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 13:38 Arisen wrote:
So, I was going to make a thread about this in the strategy section, but that forum seems to be mostly champion guides and I don't want to put this somewhere inappropriate.

How do I go about getting better at ganking/counterganking as a jungler? I'm trying to get better maining jungler. My main strength in my play (imo) is my jungle control. I'm very good at keeping timers and always being on top of my buffs and being primed to steal one of theirs. Rarely ever do I lose a buff to the enemy team. My weakness is ganking.

I usually face a few problems in the ganking department...

1) I have a hard time deciding when to use my time to try to gank. Lets say I start at wraiths (assuming both buffs clear and not coming up in the next 30 secs-1 min). I usually chose to either go wolves and look at bot and mid, or go golums and look at top and mid. Usually, in my mind, it's useless to go for a gank unless they're pushing our towers. Unless I'm playing a champ like shaco that i know I can't afford not to be aggressive on, I will opt to go to the opposite side of the jungle to get that last camp and keep farming. Usually I just feel I'm going to make the guy retreat back to his tower and basically waste my time and let the opposite lanes know they're safe for a bit.

2) I can't menuver around wards very well. Bot especially (unless I'm playing a jungler like udyr with ghost) Is hard to gank for me. But even top, I find it hard to get in past the river wards. I try ganking from the lane, but It doesn't usually work very well. Like I said, unless they're pushed to our turret, I find it hard to gank. Another problem is getting people to talk and tell me where wards are in the first place, so If I didn't see it go down, it's unlikely that my team will answer me in chat and tell me where the ward is.

3) I'm not playing at the greatest ELO, and a lot of people will feed kills and then yell at me for not helping them. I'm not thin skined enough to let that bother me, but I feel like If i knew when their jugnler was going to gank, I could at least be there to make sure my guy doesn't die. You hear so much about how sick X's counterganks are, but I hardly ever get the chance to countergank anyone because i'm not in the right spot.


You can post anything strategy related in the strategy forum, it just happens to be mostly champ guides. I'm pretty sure out admin would actually prefer it ha.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397874

This is supposed to be for simple questions with simple answers (e.g. "Are arpen or ad marks better?") but its turned into general strategy at this point.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
zodde
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1908 Posts
July 22 2013 05:34 GMT
#3680
EUW acting up for anyone else?
Prev 1 182 183 184 185 186 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko262
LamboSC2 138
Codebar 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23405
Calm 6035
Rain 2118
Bisu 1282
FanTaSy 924
Jaedong 472
Horang2 458
Rush 397
Soma 358
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Stork 233
Zeus 220
Mini 168
Light 115
Larva 100
Mong 90
Barracks 83
Hyun 79
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 74
910 69
ZerO 68
Free 56
ToSsGirL 39
Killer 35
Yoon 32
NaDa 28
Sexy 27
Shinee 26
Noble 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 15
Bale 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6462
Counter-Strike
fl0m1586
olofmeister1063
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
gofns58594
singsing1802
B2W.Neo566
dupreeh357
crisheroes265
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2241
• Nemesis662
Other Games
• WagamamaTV149
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 17m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 17m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.