• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:48
CEST 22:48
KST 05:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7756 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 181 182 183 184 185 339 Next
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 22 2013 03:41 GMT
#3641
On July 22 2013 12:30 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 12:22 cLutZ wrote:
Alright. So, I have the solution to all the Jayce problems, and all the muramana problems all in 1: The transformation should cost gold. I dont know how much, but the fact that you don't even need to back and gain tons of damage makes it super ridic.


uh wow dude that is a pretty radical solution but i agree jayce should pay money to transform


Why is it radical? How much would you pay to just turn a chalice into athenes without backing?
Freeeeeeedom
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 22 2013 03:42 GMT
#3642
I want to look at these last of us spoiler tags, but I don't know if they're actual spoilers or people avoiding cluttering GD with non League stuff(lol)
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 03:46:45
July 22 2013 03:46 GMT
#3643
On July 22 2013 12:26 Requizen wrote:
Req's going to continue being off topic:

Last of Us

+ Show Spoiler +
I have never drank in my life before. I've never been drunk, because I prefer to remain in control of my inhibitions and sanity rather than let them get dulled by chemicals.

So when I say that I seriously contemplated getting a bottle of whiskey and drinking myself to sleep after the end of that game, I mean it mentally and physically taxed and exhausted me to the point where I don't want to be in my own head anymore. I can't even remember the last time I had a game that crushed me like that, probably MGS4 the first time I sat through all the endings.

Fuck.

And the thing is, if put in Joel's position, I can't say I would have done anything differently. The reason it hits so hard is that it ends up being real without falling into the pitfalls that most games deign as "realistic". Joel's pain came from what he's lost over the years, and he's willing to lie to the one person that trusts and loves him to keep from losing again. And I don't know if I can say that's wrong. After everything the game put you through, all the trials and pain, he knows better than to let her throw her life away, even if it's not really his choice to make for her.

11/10 would cry over again.

Glad you enjoyed it. The game gets a lot of praise so it's easy to get over hyped. Yeah, that ending had a similar effect on me. Emotionally brutal.

Edit: Also in LoL news, sounds like I'm missing the best LoL steam ever haha.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
July 22 2013 03:50 GMT
#3644
pls dont ruin the ending for me cant look
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 22 2013 03:50 GMT
#3645
On July 22 2013 12:42 Gahlo wrote:
I want to look at these last of us spoiler tags, but I don't know if they're actual spoilers or people avoiding cluttering GD with non League stuff(lol)

Actual spoilers. The end of the game...........

..............................

Further spoilers

+ Show Spoiler +
The really crazy thing is that I don't know what I would have done in his situation. It's the ending that everyone wants, Joel and Ellie going to Tommy's together. But at the same time it's the most painful and brutal way it could have happened.

I look back at the game and realize something: There's a lot of things that are considered "tough choices". All the killing, leaving Tess behind, using Bill to get what you want, watching Sam and his brother die, Ellie hacking that dude to death, etc. But at the end of the day, the hardest choice and the one that is the most soul-crushing is just lying to someone to keep them alive.


On July 22 2013 12:46 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 12:26 Requizen wrote:
Req's going to continue being off topic:

Last of Us

+ Show Spoiler +
I have never drank in my life before. I've never been drunk, because I prefer to remain in control of my inhibitions and sanity rather than let them get dulled by chemicals.

So when I say that I seriously contemplated getting a bottle of whiskey and drinking myself to sleep after the end of that game, I mean it mentally and physically taxed and exhausted me to the point where I don't want to be in my own head anymore. I can't even remember the last time I had a game that crushed me like that, probably MGS4 the first time I sat through all the endings.

Fuck.

And the thing is, if put in Joel's position, I can't say I would have done anything differently. The reason it hits so hard is that it ends up being real without falling into the pitfalls that most games deign as "realistic". Joel's pain came from what he's lost over the years, and he's willing to lie to the one person that trusts and loves him to keep from losing again. And I don't know if I can say that's wrong. After everything the game put you through, all the trials and pain, he knows better than to let her throw her life away, even if it's not really his choice to make for her.

11/10 would cry over again.

Glad you enjoyed it. The game gets a lot of praise so it's easy to get over hyped. Yeah, that ending had a similar effect on me. Emotionally brutal.

Edit: Also in LoL news, sounds like I'm missing the best LoL steam ever haha.

I was honestly expecting it to be mediocre and have a cliche'd ending. I had like 4 endings in my head of what I thought was going to happen, but fucking shit I did not expect it.

Naughty Dog #1 right now, sorry Riot.
It's your boy Guzma!
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 22 2013 03:54 GMT
#3646
I just got my first pentakill in ranked! Wheeeeeeeee
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 22 2013 03:55 GMT
#3647
are you really going to deny us the knowledge of what champion this was with?
Carrilord has arrived.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 22 2013 03:57 GMT
#3648
On July 22 2013 12:55 Slusher wrote:
are you really going to deny us the knowledge of what champion this was with?

It was obviously soraka.
Glorious SEA doto
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
July 22 2013 03:57 GMT
#3649
I'm 0-4 when getting a penta in ranked.
Sometimes a thought pops in my mind when I have a quadra not to get the last kill.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 22 2013 04:00 GMT
#3650
On July 22 2013 12:57 3 Lions wrote:
I'm 0-4 when getting a penta in ranked.
Sometimes a thought pops in my mind when I have a quadra not to get the last kill.

You think that sucks? Try duoing with a friend who is 6/6 on stealing my pentas. I also got two near penta, one was kiting my balls off with graves only to realise I'm too low to rush caitlyn so I had to sit on my quadra, the other was with AP janna where lich bane procs and 600 AP tornadoes were clearing house, unfortunately when I tp'd to their base to kill zed for my penta my shield was on cooldown and he killed me ;_;.
Glorious SEA doto
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 22 2013 04:02 GMT
#3651
On July 22 2013 12:55 Slusher wrote:
are you really going to deny us the knowledge of what champion this was with?

caitlyn
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
July 22 2013 04:02 GMT
#3652
On July 22 2013 12:41 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 12:30 UniversalSnip wrote:
On July 22 2013 12:22 cLutZ wrote:
Alright. So, I have the solution to all the Jayce problems, and all the muramana problems all in 1: The transformation should cost gold. I dont know how much, but the fact that you don't even need to back and gain tons of damage makes it super ridic.


uh wow dude that is a pretty radical solution but i agree jayce should pay money to transform


Why is it radical? How much would you pay to just turn a chalice into athenes without backing?


well that's not really an applicable parallel, please do not drag ridiculous side points in that make no sense. it just seems like nidalee doesn't have to pay to transform so it's a big difference.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 04:09:14
July 22 2013 04:05 GMT
#3653
Lemonnation on why NA hasn't done well internationally historically

A really good synopsis of why cloud9 is doing so well in the NA scene and why NA has been struggling internationally. One of the main points he brings up is having to join the world meta and staying in touch with innovation across the globe. And how the new access of gaming footage for all regions (specifically Korea when there wasn't much previously) gives teams a chance to analyze and adapt to upcoming trends and the world meta respectfully.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already by GD so if it has sowwy

The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 04:11:28
July 22 2013 04:07 GMT
#3654
The closest I got to a Penta was a 4v5 teamfight where our Renekton got caught but he's tanky as shit so he's alive for a bit, then Amumu/Janna/me (Morde) go in, Amumu/Janna CC them to hell as I get an instant triple then quadra, but my friend (Ashe) launches an Ulti AFTER I got a triple and stole penta. The writing was on the wall after Mumu ult'd really.

-_-

Watching my own replays/replays my friends upload on youtube is the most cringe worthy moments ever. Its when I'm sitting down trying to analyze whats going on, do I realize I have barely any clue how to lane properly, and almost no clue how to team fight properly.
Forever Young
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 22 2013 04:09 GMT
#3655
On July 22 2013 13:02 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 12:41 cLutZ wrote:
On July 22 2013 12:30 UniversalSnip wrote:
On July 22 2013 12:22 cLutZ wrote:
Alright. So, I have the solution to all the Jayce problems, and all the muramana problems all in 1: The transformation should cost gold. I dont know how much, but the fact that you don't even need to back and gain tons of damage makes it super ridic.


uh wow dude that is a pretty radical solution but i agree jayce should pay money to transform


Why is it radical? How much would you pay to just turn a chalice into athenes without backing?


well that's not really an applicable parallel, please do not drag ridiculous side points in that make no sense. it just seems like nidalee doesn't have to pay to transform so it's a big difference.


Pshh no, i mean the whole item. Why would it be Jayce only?
Freeeeeeedom
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 22 2013 04:09 GMT
#3656
I think the whole "world meta" is sort of overplayed as to why NA scene is less successful. NA teams just lack infrastructure and discipline.
liftlift > tsm
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
July 22 2013 04:11 GMT
#3657
On July 22 2013 13:09 wei2coolman wrote:
I think the whole "world meta" is sort of overplayed as to why NA scene is less successful. NA teams just lack infrastructure and discipline.

Did you read the article if anyone has a good opinion on it it would be Cloud9 has they have obviously been the leaders in the NA scene. Although I wouldn't discount lack of infrastructure and discipline being factors too.
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 04:13:12
July 22 2013 04:11 GMT
#3658
The idea of a "world meta" is pretty ludicrous to begin with, given how there's still pretty clear divides in how the non-NA regions play the game.

Also, Chinese teams are just really bad at drafting, lol. This isn't a "new" problem the way he plays it off.
Moderator
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
July 22 2013 04:12 GMT
#3659
On July 22 2013 13:09 wei2coolman wrote:
I think the whole "world meta" is sort of overplayed as to why NA scene is less successful. NA teams just lack infrastructure and discipline.

You wrack discriprine!
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 22 2013 04:16 GMT
#3660
Actually, I just disagree with the idea that Asian games were inaccessible to NA/EU teams. This might be an argument for the casual viewer, who cares about general accessibility, but not for a progamer. VODs for tournament matches have ALWAYS been available for Chinese/Korean/SEA tournaments. The fact that they have no English-language content is irrelevant to a progamer, and they've by and large always been easy to find on common streaming/video portals that while it's not immediately accessible at first glance, someone who's making a living on the game should easily be able to spend the time and effort locating VODS of tournament games.
Moderator
Prev 1 181 182 183 184 185 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 637
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 88
Nina 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15734
910 68
soO 43
Dota 2
Gorgc7120
monkeys_forever100
canceldota70
League of Legends
Doublelift1394
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4182
Other Games
summit1g2234
fl0m1471
olofmeister937
FrodaN837
Liquid`Hasu292
C9.Mang0230
Livibee187
IndyStarCraft 113
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2870
• WagamamaTV358
Other Games
• imaqtpie1100
• Scarra711
• Shiphtur657
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 12m
Big Brain Bouts
13h 12m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
20h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
Patches Events
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.