• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:48
CEST 06:48
KST 13:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7978 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 339 Next
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 20:11:46
July 16 2013 20:11 GMT
#2081
On July 17 2013 05:08 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 04:41 Sandster wrote:
On July 17 2013 04:05 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 17 2013 03:24 kainzero wrote:
My friends think I'm dumb when I quote TL for why I sometimes max Aqua Prison on Nami first.

My friend thought W max was best on Nami; then I got him 12 kills in lane, with 0 deaths on either of us.
My friend's Diamond; I'm Silver scrub. He didn't say anything anymore.


I still max E first, does that make me bad?

Clarification: I am bad. I can't hit skillshots. So I max E to actually make my Q's land.

Either is fine; I just prefer the slightly higher risk higher reward of Q max.

As far as W max; even in passive lane; I think Q max is far better, way strong disengage, and highly punishes overly aggressive moves.

I would max W if I'm laning with a random person that keeps taking unnecessary poke. Q can only prevent so much stupid.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
July 16 2013 20:12 GMT
#2082
pretty sure every nami i see maxes the bouncy shit
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 20:20:46
July 16 2013 20:16 GMT
#2083
On July 17 2013 05:11 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 05:08 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 17 2013 04:41 Sandster wrote:
On July 17 2013 04:05 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 17 2013 03:24 kainzero wrote:
My friends think I'm dumb when I quote TL for why I sometimes max Aqua Prison on Nami first.

My friend thought W max was best on Nami; then I got him 12 kills in lane, with 0 deaths on either of us.
My friend's Diamond; I'm Silver scrub. He didn't say anything anymore.


I still max E first, does that make me bad?

Clarification: I am bad. I can't hit skillshots. So I max E to actually make my Q's land.

Either is fine; I just prefer the slightly higher risk higher reward of Q max.

As far as W max; even in passive lane; I think Q max is far better, way strong disengage, and highly punishes overly aggressive moves.

I would max W if I'm laning with a random person that keeps taking unnecessary poke. Q can only prevent so much stupid.

To be honest if I random with a really bad ADC; I just let tower fall; let him solo freeze farm, while I roam and make plays else where with my ridiculously op'd Q and R combo.

Also tip for those who find landing Q in lane hard; Use Q every time they go in for a last hit. It either guarantees a Q landing; or them missing the last hit.
liftlift > tsm
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 20:18:51
July 16 2013 20:17 GMT
#2084
We really should take this discussion to the Nami thread and archive it there, we've had it several times already.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
July 16 2013 20:18 GMT
#2085
On July 17 2013 04:29 Alaric wrote:
Melee minions have 0 armour (+2 / 3 mins) and casters have 0 (+1.25 / 3 mins) so even just the 5 ArPen from masteries should last you the first 10 minutes of the game, and by then you probably have a bunch of AD or often Brutaliser so their armour doesn't matter too much.


Can't remember where I read it but I'm pretty sure you can shred resistances below zero and it amplifies for doing so. Trying to match your penetration to your opponents resistances makes no difference at any stage in the game.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
remedium
Profile Joined July 2011
United States939 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 20:21:21
July 16 2013 20:20 GMT
#2086
On July 17 2013 05:18 TheLink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 04:29 Alaric wrote:
Melee minions have 0 armour (+2 / 3 mins) and casters have 0 (+1.25 / 3 mins) so even just the 5 ArPen from masteries should last you the first 10 minutes of the game, and by then you probably have a bunch of AD or often Brutaliser so their armour doesn't matter too much.


Can't remember where I read it but I'm pretty sure you can shred resistances below zero and it amplifies for doing so. Trying to match your penetration to your opponents resistances makes no difference at any stage in the game.


A player on OddOne's stream had -9 MR today (Soraka OP!), it can definitely happen.

EDIT: also super minions have -30 MR (at least in bot games).
Stay positive!
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 16 2013 20:21 GMT
#2087
you can reduce Mres or armor below 0 but you can''t PENETRATE lower than 0. So matching your penetration is a good idea
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
July 16 2013 20:25 GMT
#2088
Cool, TIL I guess.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
XaCez
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden6991 Posts
July 16 2013 20:32 GMT
#2089
Speaking of long-awaited features.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
People get too easily offended by people getting too easily offended by the word rape.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 16 2013 20:33 GMT
#2090
Aww, I was looking forward to the buy rabadons, use R, refund and get Seraphs Karthus. Too bad they are on top of that already
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
XaCez
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden6991 Posts
July 16 2013 20:36 GMT
#2091
Boots of Speed
    Limited to 1

I laughed.
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/25113-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-7-16-2013-shop
People get too easily offended by people getting too easily offended by the word rape.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 16 2013 20:37 GMT
#2092
On July 17 2013 05:36 XaCez wrote:
Show nested quote +
Boots of Speed
    Limited to 1

I laughed.
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/25113-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-7-16-2013-shop

Awww; no more double boots chauster...
liftlift > tsm
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 20:44:52
July 16 2013 20:44 GMT
#2093
People have stopped banning Nunu lately in low to mid gold, I don't understand why, but I will abuse it I guess. He's still so absurd.

[image loading]
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
July 16 2013 20:45 GMT
#2094
I saw an Anivia activate Zhonya's while in egg form in a game of mine today... is that a new bug? O.o
Don_Julio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
2220 Posts
July 16 2013 20:45 GMT
#2095
On July 17 2013 05:32 XaCez wrote:
Speaking of long-awaited features.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

This is going to help me soso much. My mouse is broken and randomly doubleclicks (350 APM @ BW!) which has made me buy boots twice so often...
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
July 16 2013 20:48 GMT
#2096
On July 17 2013 05:45 Usagi wrote:
I saw an Anivia activate Zhonya's while in egg form in a game of mine today... is that a new bug? O.o

There's been a long-standing bug where Anivia can cast a spell in egg form if a displacement ability is used on her.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 16 2013 20:51 GMT
#2097
I actually like this better than the HoN/DotA 2 implementation (time-based sell-back). The HoN/DotA implementations have certain limitations (can't "un-sell" a sold item, can't undo combining a recipe item), which a plain undo button fixes.
Moderator
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
July 16 2013 20:55 GMT
#2098
On July 17 2013 05:45 Don_Julio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 05:32 XaCez wrote:
Speaking of long-awaited features.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

This is going to help me soso much. My mouse is broken and randomly doubleclicks (350 APM @ BW!) which has made me buy boots twice so often...

YES I WILL NEVER WEAR THE SHAME OF DOUBLE BOOTS AGAIN
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
July 16 2013 20:57 GMT
#2099
After 2 years on the game I feel like buying RP. I'm weak.
Get a summoner icon and that Ryze skin in sale. But Ryze may get nerfed a lot soon, what do ?
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 16 2013 21:00 GMT
#2100
I might actually spend my first money on LoL to buy a namechange
got my e and a swapped (I have scipeaus instead of scipaeus) and it's annoying. zz
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 239
NeuroSwarm 190
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21118
Dewaltoss 158
Bale 48
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g12667
JimRising 808
Sick84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1344
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 28
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2108
League of Legends
• Lourlo1126
• Rush614
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 12m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 12m
Replay Cast
18h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.