• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:43
CEST 03:43
KST 10:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7748 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 102 103 104 105 106 339 Next
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
July 16 2013 18:24 GMT
#2061
My friends think I'm dumb when I quote TL for why I sometimes max Aqua Prison on Nami first.
Perplex
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1693 Posts
July 16 2013 18:33 GMT
#2062
On July 17 2013 02:57 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 01:40 Zdrastochye wrote:
On July 17 2013 01:25 upperbound wrote:
On July 17 2013 01:20 TheYango wrote:
On the long list of things that people have been wanting Riot to add to LoL since beta, more maps is pretty far down the list for me.

Replays is still at the top.

Riot pls


Nah, they REALLY need to add another champion with boobies.

And give her a Frostblade skin.

So she can have...

Dat ass.

Nah bro. Lavaburst Riven. She'll finally unwrap those things and show she's got great cleavage on more than her sword. The community will call it LavaBUST Riven. Then the internet will 34 Lavabust and Frostbutt to infinity.


I feel like you've put a lot of thought into this..
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24238059
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
July 16 2013 18:35 GMT
#2063
On July 17 2013 03:24 kainzero wrote:
My friends think I'm dumb when I quote TL for why I sometimes max Aqua Prison on Nami first.


We sure tricked you!
Jaedong :3
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 16 2013 19:01 GMT
#2064

I'm still curious as to whether this is a troll :\
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 16 2013 19:05 GMT
#2065
On July 17 2013 03:24 kainzero wrote:
My friends think I'm dumb when I quote TL for why I sometimes max Aqua Prison on Nami first.

My friend thought W max was best on Nami; then I got him 12 kills in lane, with 0 deaths on either of us.
My friend's Diamond; I'm Silver scrub. He didn't say anything anymore.
liftlift > tsm
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 16 2013 19:11 GMT
#2066
From Diamond I to Diamond III in 1 day, holy shit I sure tilt hard xD
The legend of Darien lives on
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
July 16 2013 19:14 GMT
#2067
at least ur motivation problem is gone
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
July 16 2013 19:14 GMT
#2068
Or maybe just unlucky?Sometimes the lolgods just don't want you to win.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 16 2013 19:16 GMT
#2069
On July 17 2013 04:14 nafta wrote:
Or maybe just unlucky?Sometimes the lolgods just don't want you to win.

More like the RNG GOD I try to summon when I play Trynda.

#PRAY_FOR_CRITS
The legend of Darien lives on
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 16 2013 19:20 GMT
#2070
Urgh, making a spreadsheet for wether full AD, full ArPen, or ArPen reds/AD quints is better on Talon damage-wise takes so much time for so little in the end. @_@
(Basically ArPen doesn't seem worth it because the difference is like less than 10 damage per rake (around 150 post-mitigation) at level 5, and people will have a bunch more armour once you start leveling the rest of your abilities to increase the part that comes from base damage, even though your ult adds quite a bunch of base damage. AD lets you one-shot the creep wave earlier and it's pretty much all that counts since when you roam you won't 1v1 people anyway.)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
July 16 2013 19:23 GMT
#2071
Creeps have armor too, don't they? If you need to 1-shot the wave as early as possible the answer might be some combination of ArPen and AD.
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
July 16 2013 19:24 GMT
#2072
On July 17 2013 04:16 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 04:14 nafta wrote:
Or maybe just unlucky?Sometimes the lolgods just don't want you to win.

More like the RNG GOD I try to summon when I play Trynda.

#PRAY_FOR_CRITS

I would love to see someone doing a ritual dance before an lcs game picking Trynda.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 16 2013 19:29 GMT
#2073
Melee minions have 0 armour (+2 / 3 mins) and casters have 0 (+1.25 / 3 mins) so even just the 5 ArPen from masteries should last you the first 10 minutes of the game, and by then you probably have a bunch of AD or often Brutaliser so their armour doesn't matter too much.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
July 16 2013 19:41 GMT
#2074
On July 17 2013 04:05 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 03:24 kainzero wrote:
My friends think I'm dumb when I quote TL for why I sometimes max Aqua Prison on Nami first.

My friend thought W max was best on Nami; then I got him 12 kills in lane, with 0 deaths on either of us.
My friend's Diamond; I'm Silver scrub. He didn't say anything anymore.


I still max E first, does that make me bad?

Clarification: I am bad. I can't hit skillshots. So I max E to actually make my Q's land.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 16 2013 19:51 GMT
#2075
I've seen NA Namis max E. Not really sure on others though
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 19:56:43
July 16 2013 19:51 GMT
#2076
On July 17 2013 04:41 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 04:05 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 17 2013 03:24 kainzero wrote:
My friends think I'm dumb when I quote TL for why I sometimes max Aqua Prison on Nami first.

My friend thought W max was best on Nami; then I got him 12 kills in lane, with 0 deaths on either of us.
My friend's Diamond; I'm Silver scrub. He didn't say anything anymore.


I still max E first, does that make me bad?

Clarification: I am bad. I can't hit skillshots. So I max E to actually make my Q's land.

What I got out of that discussion left me with a Nami skillorder that looks suspiciously like Atrioc's pantheon:

Q (W/E) (E/W) E E R Q Q Q Q R

Basically the idea is that during laning, E is extremely good because it gives more zone potential and is more reliable, but once teamfights break out, the 25% slow on level 3 E is enough to be impactful, and I really want the shorter cooldown on Q so I can throw out 2 or more before a fight is over.

The reason E gives more zone potential during lane is that when you cast it (especially on yourself) then you still have threat about you because you're a scary fish with a slowing autoattack. When you cast Q, it's over once the stun wears off (and that's assuming you LANDED it.) so if you didn't chunkaroonie them during the stun, they aren't really going to be scared until it comes back off CD.

In teamfights, the most impactful thing Nami can do is of course Aqua prison people, so leveling Q post-6 fits in with the teamfight goal by giving you more prisons (and more damage, to boot!)
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 19:54:02
July 16 2013 19:52 GMT
#2077
On July 17 2013 04:41 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 04:05 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 17 2013 03:24 kainzero wrote:
My friends think I'm dumb when I quote TL for why I sometimes max Aqua Prison on Nami first.

My friend thought W max was best on Nami; then I got him 12 kills in lane, with 0 deaths on either of us.
My friend's Diamond; I'm Silver scrub. He didn't say anything anymore.


I still max E first, does that make me bad?

Clarification: I am bad. I can't hit skillshots. So I max E to actually make my Q's land.

I think the general consensus is that E or Q max is fine depending on your play style, and W max is really only good if you're behind and just trying to keep your ADC alive in lane.

Edit: OGN players max E as well.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
July 16 2013 19:53 GMT
#2078
i started to play lissandra on my smurf. She is so fun to play :o

she can clear creep waves easily, can espace and engage extremely well. she has very good damage tho. i couldn't ask for more.
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
Steelavocado
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2123 Posts
July 16 2013 19:58 GMT
#2079
Finally hit gold on my other account today, add me @ MMAvocado and PresidentMRomney if you ever want to duo. Glad to see that TL has a pretty awesome section dedicated to LoL
MIRACLE IS YOUR TI7 CHAMP
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 16 2013 20:08 GMT
#2080
On July 17 2013 04:41 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 04:05 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 17 2013 03:24 kainzero wrote:
My friends think I'm dumb when I quote TL for why I sometimes max Aqua Prison on Nami first.

My friend thought W max was best on Nami; then I got him 12 kills in lane, with 0 deaths on either of us.
My friend's Diamond; I'm Silver scrub. He didn't say anything anymore.


I still max E first, does that make me bad?

Clarification: I am bad. I can't hit skillshots. So I max E to actually make my Q's land.

Either is fine; I just prefer the slightly higher risk higher reward of Q max.

As far as W max; even in passive lane; I think Q max is far better, way strong disengage, and highly punishes overly aggressive moves.
liftlift > tsm
Prev 1 102 103 104 105 106 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings97
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 290
Bale 15
Terrorterran 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm215
League of Legends
Doublelift5836
JimRising 778
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Other Games
summit1g10999
C9.Mang0345
PiLiPiLi13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1048
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP154
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 17m
Replay Cast
21h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.