• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:30
CEST 23:30
KST 06:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7668 users

[Patch 1.0.0.154: Preseason Balance Update 2] GD - Page 154

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 220 Next
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 05:44:43
January 27 2013 05:42 GMT
#3061
I don't always get queue times when I try to log into League, but when I do it's 3 hours and 51 minutes.

On January 27 2013 14:39 Alaric wrote:
Pretty good eye coordination training. Keep up with the spam pulling messages up, then the deletions bringing them down.
I waited for her to actually get in a game and her ping to the EUNE server is actually way lower than I expected. o_o Something like 120 judging from the bars. Isn't the usual NA -> EUNE ping a lot higher? Like, 200+?


I get low 100's to NA server and I live in NA, how the fuck does someone further west than me get 120 to Nordic... :E
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
January 27 2013 05:42 GMT
#3062
I get 200 ping when I play on NA so yeah I guess
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 05:53:52
January 27 2013 05:43 GMT
#3063
Dyrus Chaox and oddone on the SC2 3v3 ladder rofl

Well first win, first post-game trash talk PM from the loser, I guess some things dont change LOL
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 05:49:41
January 27 2013 05:49 GMT
#3064
They should play Double/Kelby/l1nk(?) for a massive stomp ;3
or me
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
January 27 2013 05:52 GMT
#3065
On January 27 2013 14:38 NeoIllusions wrote:
Watching Wings do AD Thresh.
Riot plz, what have you dun?


They made a ranged character, that they forgot was a ranged character.
Freeeeeeedom
ChaoSbringer
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Australia1382 Posts
January 27 2013 05:53 GMT
#3066
#1 SC2 streamer is a LoL player.

SC2 is a real mans esport!
Baffels
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1486 Posts
January 27 2013 06:00 GMT
#3067
On January 27 2013 14:52 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 14:38 NeoIllusions wrote:
Watching Wings do AD Thresh.
Riot plz, what have you dun?


They made a ranged character, that they forgot was a ranged character.


New meta, melee carries.
Ryalnos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 06:25:52
January 27 2013 06:03 GMT
#3068
Thresh + Blitz bot lane is stuff of nightmares. the pull/lantern halfway across your screen combo is just the beginning.

Ducked into that kneecoleslaw chat or whatever, and they were only talking about two things (hu hu hu).
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
January 27 2013 06:17 GMT
#3069
On January 27 2013 15:03 Ryalnos wrote:
Thresh + Blitz bot lane is stuff of nightmares. the pull/lantern comb is just the beginning.

Ducked into that kneecoleslaw chat or whatever, and they were only talking about two things (hu hu hu).


lol omg just watching bischu play with this combo made me euphoric. So much fun!
TL+ Member
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
January 27 2013 06:19 GMT
#3070
Of course kids would be up at 1am EST playing on double IP weekend =/
Commentator
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
January 27 2013 06:31 GMT
#3071
On January 27 2013 14:16 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 14:10 Seuss wrote:
Thresh is the only champion I know outside of Kayle who can basically do everything.


leesin, aka op pos


I don't count Lee Sin or Cho'gath because they can't fill the ranged AD role, but you can certainly argue that I'm being too specific there.

Also, it sounds like AD Thresh is out of the bag. Thankfully there's only one, obvious place they need to make changes (i.e. the ridiculous AD scaling on his Q passive). It really should be the easiest nerf Riot's ever had to make in their career.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Inschato
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada1349 Posts
January 27 2013 06:36 GMT
#3072
I hope they don't overdo it, he could make for an interesting niche AD carry like Urgot and Jayce.
3.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
January 27 2013 06:41 GMT
#3073
On January 27 2013 15:36 Inschato wrote:
I hope they don't overdo it, he could make for an interesting niche AD carry like Urgot and Jayce.


Agreed. Maybe nerf enough to where a 6item Thresh can't do 2 shot someone because of the infinite soul stack and Q downtime stacking dmg. But keep him good enough so he can be a unique ADC choice.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
January 27 2013 06:41 GMT
#3074
Watching TOO play sc2 is fucking hilarious.
liftlift > tsm
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
January 27 2013 06:46 GMT
#3075
On January 27 2013 15:41 Zooper31 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 15:36 Inschato wrote:
I hope they don't overdo it, he could make for an interesting niche AD carry like Urgot and Jayce.


Agreed. Maybe nerf enough to where a 6item Thresh can't do 2 shot someone because of the infinite soul stack and Q downtime stacking dmg. But keep him good enough so he can be a unique ADC choice.


This assessment doesn't make sense to me, because Thresh's kit is ~ Naut/Janna level utility, except he is not squishy like Janna, or Melle Like Naut. The abilities don't seem to be the problem, just the raw numbers.

Basically, like I said before, they made a ranged character with a Melle Kit and Melle Stats.
Freeeeeeedom
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 06:50:02
January 27 2013 06:47 GMT
#3076
Not that jungling Thresh will be popular while his Q passive is overpowered, but for the curious here's how I do it:



On January 27 2013 15:46 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 15:41 Zooper31 wrote:
On January 27 2013 15:36 Inschato wrote:
I hope they don't overdo it, he could make for an interesting niche AD carry like Urgot and Jayce.


Agreed. Maybe nerf enough to where a 6item Thresh can't do 2 shot someone because of the infinite soul stack and Q downtime stacking dmg. But keep him good enough so he can be a unique ADC choice.


This assessment doesn't make sense to me, because Thresh's kit is ~ Naut/Janna level utility, except he is not squishy like Janna, or Melle Like Naut. The abilities don't seem to be the problem, just the raw numbers.

Basically, like I said before, they made a ranged character with a Melle Kit and Melle Stats.


Honestly the only obviously overpowered thing about him right now is the ratio on his Q passive. He doesn't even have scaling MR, so he's an easy target for AP carries/assassins if he's not careful.

The problem is just that no one looked at 200% AD scaling on his Q and thought, "That could be abused."

Also, the correct term is "melee".
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Inschato
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada1349 Posts
January 27 2013 07:01 GMT
#3077
I'll assume by "no one" you're referring to riot QA, because it didn't take particularly long for players to notice, and I noticed it from the first time I played him on the PBE (though I never had a chance to play him straight up AD carry).... I guess when they make a champion for a specific role, they test them in that role more than anything else and allow silly things like this to slip through. Kind of like mid Lulu.
3.
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 07:05:20
January 27 2013 07:03 GMT
#3078
On January 27 2013 15:19 GTR wrote:
Of course kids would be up at 1am EST playing on double IP weekend =/

I think even with normal sleep I've gained like 3k today. Still so much more I want!

Akali in dominion has been pretty kind to me.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
January 27 2013 07:12 GMT
#3079
On January 27 2013 16:01 Inschato wrote:
I'll assume by "no one" you're referring to riot QA, because it didn't take particularly long for players to notice, and I noticed it from the first time I played him on the PBE (though I never had a chance to play him straight up AD carry).... I guess when they make a champion for a specific role, they test them in that role more than anything else and allow silly things like this to slip through. Kind of like mid Lulu.


Right.

To be fair, it's not entirely reasonable to assume that Riot will catch everything. Something like mid Lulu is somewhat subtle and hard to predict. However, Thresh's Q seems like it should have been a little obvious.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
January 27 2013 07:12 GMT
#3080
On January 27 2013 15:47 Seuss wrote:
Not that jungling Thresh will be popular while his Q passive is overpowered, but for the curious here's how I do it:

http://youtu.be/NanLssFA7DA

Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 15:46 cLutZ wrote:
On January 27 2013 15:41 Zooper31 wrote:
On January 27 2013 15:36 Inschato wrote:
I hope they don't overdo it, he could make for an interesting niche AD carry like Urgot and Jayce.


Agreed. Maybe nerf enough to where a 6item Thresh can't do 2 shot someone because of the infinite soul stack and Q downtime stacking dmg. But keep him good enough so he can be a unique ADC choice.


This assessment doesn't make sense to me, because Thresh's kit is ~ Naut/Janna level utility, except he is not squishy like Janna, or Melle Like Naut. The abilities don't seem to be the problem, just the raw numbers.

Basically, like I said before, they made a ranged character with a Melle Kit and Melle Stats.


Honestly the only obviously overpowered thing about him right now is the ratio on his Q passive. He doesn't even have scaling MR, so he's an easy target for AP carries/assassins if he's not careful.

The problem is just that no one looked at 200% AD scaling on his Q and thought, "That could be abused."

Also, the correct term is "melee".


Forgive me if I'm confused by a solo jungle clear video.

On January 27 2013 16:01 Inschato wrote:
I'll assume by "no one" you're referring to riot QA, because it didn't take particularly long for players to notice, and I noticed it from the first time I played him on the PBE (though I never had a chance to play him straight up AD carry).... I guess when they make a champion for a specific role, they test them in that role more than anything else and allow silly things like this to slip through. Kind of like mid Lulu.


Let us not forget AP Rengar: "Well this W should have a 1.0 AP ratio for no real reason."

I really feel like they combined Taric's stats with a ranged champ and some weird skills.
Freeeeeeedom
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 248
SteadfastSC 116
Nina 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2294
910 61
Bale 14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD51
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1040
Other Games
summit1g5977
Grubby2335
shahzam584
C9.Mang0190
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 63
• Hupsaiya 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21265
Other Games
• imaqtpie867
• Shiphtur241
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.