• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:47
CEST 07:47
KST 14:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7289 users

[Patch 1.0.0.153: Preseason Balance Update 1] GD - Page 302

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 300 301 302 303 304 451 Next
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 05 2013 23:54 GMT
#6021
Curse really put themselves way behind with those lane switches
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
January 05 2013 23:54 GMT
#6022
On January 06 2013 08:16 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 08:08 AsnSensation wrote:
Lee is the last champ I'd start learning now, if the nerfs are going through

judging, from Link's stream Aphro arrived in da clg mansion, let the Black & Yellow Botlane begin.


The nerfs don't change that much honestly.Still a fun and very strong champion.

Could someone explain to me why would you ever pick taric over sona/lulu/leona/janna/zyra?Like every time someone gets taric I get confused :D.


You pick Taric because you can't miss his stun. That's pretty much the only reason why people pick him over Leona (I guess his auras are nice too).
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 05 2013 23:56 GMT
#6023
On January 06 2013 08:54 overt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 08:16 nafta wrote:
On January 06 2013 08:08 AsnSensation wrote:
Lee is the last champ I'd start learning now, if the nerfs are going through

judging, from Link's stream Aphro arrived in da clg mansion, let the Black & Yellow Botlane begin.


The nerfs don't change that much honestly.Still a fun and very strong champion.

Could someone explain to me why would you ever pick taric over sona/lulu/leona/janna/zyra?Like every time someone gets taric I get confused :D.


You pick Taric because you can't miss his stun. That's pretty much the only reason why people pick him over Leona (I guess his auras are nice too).

cause you dont need to be good to hit his stun(unlike ali combo)
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
January 05 2013 23:57 GMT
#6024
I've always wondered what people think of leona vs jarvan supports? Isn't leona considered the new upgraded version of jarvan for support at least?
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
January 06 2013 00:02 GMT
#6025
On January 06 2013 08:54 overt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 08:16 nafta wrote:
On January 06 2013 08:08 AsnSensation wrote:
Lee is the last champ I'd start learning now, if the nerfs are going through

judging, from Link's stream Aphro arrived in da clg mansion, let the Black & Yellow Botlane begin.


The nerfs don't change that much honestly.Still a fun and very strong champion.

Could someone explain to me why would you ever pick taric over sona/lulu/leona/janna/zyra?Like every time someone gets taric I get confused :D.


You pick Taric because you can't miss his stun. That's pretty much the only reason why people pick him over Leona (I guess his auras are nice too).

His W and R are also pretty ridiculous
Bronze player stuck in platinum
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
January 06 2013 00:02 GMT
#6026
How can you miss ali combo lol?It's pretty much as easy as taric stun.The only way I see is if you just q because they went out of range but taric wouldn't have stunned either .

I guess since I main supp and lately I've played too much solo q and always won against taric lanes easily I just underrate him.But really his stun projectile is so slow that you can cast at least 1 ability EVEN if he flashes on you.And you guys mentioned taric sustain but it really is almost non existant.If you rank heal so it actually does something you will have 0 presence in lane(like maxing w on sona).
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 06 2013 00:06 GMT
#6027
On January 06 2013 09:02 nafta wrote:
How can you miss ali combo lol?It's pretty much as easy as taric stun.The only way I see is if you just q because they went out of range but taric wouldn't have stunned either .

I guess since I main supp and lately I've played too much solo q and always won against taric lanes easily I just underrate him.But really his stun projectile is so slow that you can cast at least 1 ability EVEN if he flashes on you.And you guys mentioned taric sustain but it really is almost non existant.If you rank heal so it actually does something you will have 0 presence in lane(like maxing w on sona).

Lowered range on ali combo makes it a real pain to hit. I still stand by my statement of "if played well Alistar is the most brutal support to play against botlane"
tbh
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
January 06 2013 00:07 GMT
#6028
On January 06 2013 08:16 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 08:08 AsnSensation wrote:
Lee is the last champ I'd start learning now, if the nerfs are going through

judging, from Link's stream Aphro arrived in da clg mansion, let the Black & Yellow Botlane begin.


The nerfs don't change that much honestly.Still a fun and very strong champion.

Could someone explain to me why would you ever pick taric over sona/lulu/leona/janna/zyra?Like every time someone gets taric I get confused :D.


I find Taric to easily be the safest support you can pick. He's pretty well rounded and can deal with a lot of bot lanes fairly efficiently. Having a passive armor aura+armor shred will also never be a bad thing, and people have mentioned a lot the point and click stun. He has a good amount of burst as well, not as much as say Leona but nothing to laugh at either. His ult's aura is also pretty damn good. I don't see many downsides to Taric anyways.
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
January 06 2013 00:12 GMT
#6029
Am I the only one confused by the Double Dorans, Guise, Rylais Ahri build?
Freeeeeeedom
Ziken
Profile Joined August 2010
Ghana1743 Posts
January 06 2013 00:15 GMT
#6030
wtf is that nidalee chase lol.
Every misfortune is a blessing in disguise.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
January 06 2013 00:16 GMT
#6031
On January 06 2013 08:51 jaybrundage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 07:10 HazMat wrote:
Subbing for Meat Playground in TSM inv. It's off stream though and I'm doing just this game =(. I'm really nervous, first time in a competitive match since s1. No idea who the enemy team is though so hopefully I don't feed and lose.

Got Lee Sin at least :O

GL SHAKE :D

Well we won the first game. Then we went all out troll the second game. They're doing the 3rd game now with their main back. Like I said the enemy team wasn't very good so sadly it wasn't as competitive as I hoped haha. Was fun though.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 00:18:31
January 06 2013 00:16 GMT
#6032
On January 06 2013 09:12 cLutZ wrote:
Am I the only one confused by the Double Dorans, Guise, Rylais Ahri build?

i thought people quit rushing Rylais on Ahri tbh

why does it seem like DontMashMe has more items than Cop?(despite them being relatively even on kills/cs
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
January 06 2013 00:19 GMT
#6033
If the enemy team picks an all AD comp, pick Taric. Congrats, you just increased your chance of winning by at least 100%!

I sort of agree though, I feel like you can abuse Taric as Leona, Alistar, Sona... heck pretty much anyone. You just have to know to do it without eating a stun and dying.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 06 2013 00:20 GMT
#6034
On January 06 2013 09:19 zer0das wrote:
If the enemy team picks an all AD comp, pick Taric. Congrats, you just increased your chance of winning by at least 100%!

I sort of agree though, I feel like you can abuse Taric as Leona, Alistar, Sona... heck pretty much anyone. You just have to know to do it without eating a stun and dying.

Easier said than done for a majority of the LoL population haha
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
January 06 2013 00:21 GMT
#6035
Also, the monthly "omg this hero is so op and freewin but I won't play it and instead bitch about it" is fun to read.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
January 06 2013 00:21 GMT
#6036
On January 06 2013 09:16 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 09:12 cLutZ wrote:
Am I the only one confused by the Double Dorans, Guise, Rylais Ahri build?

i thought people quit rushing Rylais on Ahri tbh

why does it seem like DontMashMe has more items than Cop?(despite them being relatively even on kills/cs


I thought Dorans and guise were kinda like substitutes :-/
Freeeeeeedom
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
January 06 2013 00:23 GMT
#6037
On January 06 2013 09:21 HazMat wrote:
Also, the monthly "omg this hero is so op and freewin but I won't play it and instead bitch about it" is fun to read.


Well....how is it possible to not get angry if enemy team gets eve/mummy though .
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
January 06 2013 00:31 GMT
#6038
i luvzt you all why dion lol lve me no more
no zuigg bufs so sda
Cackle™
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23438 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 00:37:59
January 06 2013 00:37 GMT
#6039
On January 06 2013 09:02 Nos- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 08:54 overt wrote:
On January 06 2013 08:16 nafta wrote:
On January 06 2013 08:08 AsnSensation wrote:
Lee is the last champ I'd start learning now, if the nerfs are going through

judging, from Link's stream Aphro arrived in da clg mansion, let the Black & Yellow Botlane begin.


The nerfs don't change that much honestly.Still a fun and very strong champion.

Could someone explain to me why would you ever pick taric over sona/lulu/leona/janna/zyra?Like every time someone gets taric I get confused :D.


You pick Taric because you can't miss his stun. That's pretty much the only reason why people pick him over Leona (I guess his auras are nice too).

His W and R are also pretty ridiculous


Tarics heal is actually one of the best in the game if you take into account the cd reduce by 3 seconds per auto hit
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 00:46:09
January 06 2013 00:42 GMT
#6040
Jayce is still such a bullshit champ. Impossible to trade with since he still dictates them with his melee kit, so unless you have the sustain to lose these trades until you eat through his mana pool you can't force fights with him. Or the ranged harass to not care about his melee E.
The best bet for such champs is to abuse his E cooldown (R cooldown way too short to be played around unless Jayce makes a mistake), except he's much stronger during the early levels since he has two sets of abilities, compared to later (esp. post-6).

And even if you win he gets to free farm, pretty much like Teemo. Hugh.


Also why do AD carries keep rushing BC? T_T Its scaling is so bad on them, if they're ahead better ask another physical champ on the team to build one for them to make use of, and if they're behind they should rely on the early spike of a BT or buckle up and try to farm so the scaling from an IE build will bring them is their best bet if they manage not to fall further behind.
It's such a bad item for pure burst compared to BT or LW, making it not that good for most AD casters, its stats aren't cost-effective for autoattack scaling so AD carries should only look at it depending on their kits, why does everyone keep building it first. >_<

On January 06 2013 09:21 HazMat wrote:
Also, the monthly "omg this hero is so op and freewin but I won't play it and instead bitch about it" is fun to read.

Well if you gave me a boring champ with an "always win game" passive I wouldn't play it. Sure I would have free wins but then I'd just spend the game yawning from boredom. Same thing as playing coops vs AI.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Prev 1 300 301 302 303 304 451 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1978
Snow 177
910 58
Bale 31
ZergMaN 15
Noble 13
Icarus 8
sorry 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Fuzer 28
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox697
C9.Mang0171
Mew2King34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1193
WinterStarcraft633
Other Games
summit1g8229
JimRising 625
PiGStarcraft293
Maynarde127
Sick127
ArmadaUGS116
RuFF_SC280
Livibee70
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick580
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2231
League of Legends
• Lourlo1258
• Rush1136
• Stunt525
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 13m
OSC
7h 13m
Stellar Fest
7h 13m
OSC
18h 13m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.