• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:51
CEST 13:51
KST 20:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7762 users

[Patch 1.0.0.153: Preseason Balance Update 1] GD - Page 303

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 301 302 303 304 305 451 Next
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 01:00:31
January 06 2013 00:57 GMT
#6041
On January 06 2013 09:42 Alaric wrote:
Jayce is still such a bullshit champ. Impossible to trade with since he still dictates them with his melee kit, so unless you have the sustain to lose these trades until you eat through his mana pool you can't force fights with him. Or the ranged harass to not care about his melee E.
The best bet for such champs is to abuse his E cooldown (R cooldown way too short to be played around unless Jayce makes a mistake), except he's much stronger during the early levels since he has two sets of abilities, compared to later (esp. post-6).

And even if you win he gets to free farm, pretty much like Teemo. Hugh.


Also why do AD carries keep rushing BC? T_T Its scaling is so bad on them, if they're ahead better ask another physical champ on the team to build one for them to make use of, and if they're behind they should rely on the early spike of a BT or buckle up and try to farm so the scaling from an IE build will bring them is their best bet if they manage not to fall further behind.
It's such a bad item for pure burst compared to BT or LW, making it not that good for most AD casters, its stats aren't cost-effective for autoattack scaling so AD carries should only look at it depending on their kits, why does everyone keep building it first. >_<

Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 09:21 HazMat wrote:
Also, the monthly "omg this hero is so op and freewin but I won't play it and instead bitch about it" is fun to read.

Well if you gave me a boring champ with an "always win game" passive I wouldn't play it. Sure I would have free wins but then I'd just spend the game yawning from boredom. Same thing as playing coops vs AI.

I love it on Jayce when they have someone, even like a Darius who thinks he can win trades np but then you just activate W in ranged and go R WQ hit hit hit E and he gets out-traded to hell and back.


Btw does normal elo decay? Why am I with golds and plats
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 06 2013 01:14 GMT
#6042
BT -> Shiv on Ezreal a good build?

Zuna breaking it out now it looks like
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
January 06 2013 01:26 GMT
#6043
On January 06 2013 09:42 Alaric wrote:Well if you gave me a boring champ with an "always win game" passive I wouldn't play it.


I don't know, I think Amumu is pretty fun.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
January 06 2013 01:45 GMT
#6044
someone should tell mancloud that DFG + eve = broken as fuck. Why is he building all these useless item?
liftlift > tsm
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 06 2013 01:47 GMT
#6045
On January 06 2013 10:45 wei2coolman wrote:
someone should tell mancloud that DFG + eve = broken as fuck. Why is he building all these useless item?

i wanna know where his hat is
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
January 06 2013 01:49 GMT
#6046
On January 06 2013 10:14 arb wrote:
BT -> Shiv on Ezreal a good build?

Zuna breaking it out now it looks like


Fine build...

If you don't plan on going to lategame.

There is a disease among some players wherein they continually go for earlygame items over and over. The classic is TF>BT>LW...wait 3 minutes and lose to the other ADC who has IE+PD + any item, because you screwed yourself.
Freeeeeeedom
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 06 2013 01:52 GMT
#6047
On January 06 2013 10:49 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 10:14 arb wrote:
BT -> Shiv on Ezreal a good build?

Zuna breaking it out now it looks like


Fine build...

If you don't plan on going to lategame.

There is a disease among some players wherein they continually go for earlygame items over and over. The classic is TF>BT>LW...wait 3 minutes and lose to the other ADC who has IE+PD + any item, because you screwed yourself.

I noticed he wasnt doing a whole lot, but arent you not supposed to get PD or anything on Ezreal? I remember reading that somewhere.
But hell I dunno
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 06 2013 01:52 GMT
#6048
Oh yeah a lot of shit is fun (I prefer jungling Eve to going mid though, gives me even more MGS vibes), but that was a general answer to Shake.
Of all the stuff that I hate and was/is FotM/broken that I coulda liked was prob only Kennen, and even then prob mid because it makes it more interesting to manage W and the harass against ranged champs.
Eve, Amumu I don't really hate (only hate the people feeding terrible Eve, makes all my work go to waste). Darius, Jayce, Teemo, Riven, Rengar I had no fun playing them, despite how easy they were. Anivia is still way too easy for most of her stuff (basic usages of wall, pushing/defending, hitting a 1.25 to 2.25+ ratio combo) and she does everything. I dislike the ratio on Nid's cougar Q but I respect the fact that the pressure's on you to make stuff happen pre-6 in some match-ups (I used to main Panth and Irelia so I destroyed Nid(s)), contrary to Elise or Jayce who have all benefits by level 3 at worst.

On January 06 2013 09:57 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 09:42 Alaric wrote:
Jayce is still such a bullshit champ. Impossible to trade with since he still dictates them with his melee kit, so unless you have the sustain to lose these trades until you eat through his mana pool you can't force fights with him. Or the ranged harass to not care about his melee E.
The best bet for such champs is to abuse his E cooldown (R cooldown way too short to be played around unless Jayce makes a mistake), except he's much stronger during the early levels since he has two sets of abilities, compared to later (esp. post-6).

And even if you win he gets to free farm, pretty much like Teemo. Hugh.


Also why do AD carries keep rushing BC? T_T Its scaling is so bad on them, if they're ahead better ask another physical champ on the team to build one for them to make use of, and if they're behind they should rely on the early spike of a BT or buckle up and try to farm so the scaling from an IE build will bring them is their best bet if they manage not to fall further behind.
It's such a bad item for pure burst compared to BT or LW, making it not that good for most AD casters, its stats aren't cost-effective for autoattack scaling so AD carries should only look at it depending on their kits, why does everyone keep building it first. >_<

On January 06 2013 09:21 HazMat wrote:
Also, the monthly "omg this hero is so op and freewin but I won't play it and instead bitch about it" is fun to read.

Well if you gave me a boring champ with an "always win game" passive I wouldn't play it. Sure I would have free wins but then I'd just spend the game yawning from boredom. Same thing as playing coops vs AI.

I love it on Jayce when they have someone, even like a Darius who thinks he can win trades np but then you just activate W in ranged and go R WQ hit hit hit E and he gets out-traded to hell and back.


Btw does normal elo decay? Why am I with golds and plats

I don't think it does, there's not really a point to it since it holds no purpose regarding ranking and stuff.

Jayce is more "oh, you jumped me? Here, W, switch to melee, E [if I feel playful Q and I walk back while you're slowed]" and he'll usually outdamage your dash ability just because E is utterly dumb considering the rest of his kit. For a lesser mana cost.
If you jump him while in melee form it's even worse as he'll QE, R, and auto->W for the triple hit while you're still cc'd from his E. If he doesn't care about conserving mana, follow that up with an EQ. They lost something like a third of their HP for a dash ability worth of damage.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 02:00:26
January 06 2013 01:59 GMT
#6049
The get-jumped-in-melee Jayce combo I used was WQERQEW hithithit, the ranged QE is going to hit them after the melee E knockback, nothing they can do about it. Requires smartcast of course but it's rather silly once again(can skip melee W if you're concerned about mana)
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 02:03:31
January 06 2013 02:03 GMT
#6050
On January 06 2013 10:52 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 10:49 cLutZ wrote:
On January 06 2013 10:14 arb wrote:
BT -> Shiv on Ezreal a good build?

Zuna breaking it out now it looks like


Fine build...

If you don't plan on going to lategame.

There is a disease among some players wherein they continually go for earlygame items over and over. The classic is TF>BT>LW...wait 3 minutes and lose to the other ADC who has IE+PD + any item, because you screwed yourself.

I noticed he wasnt doing a whole lot, but arent you not supposed to get PD or anything on Ezreal? I remember reading that somewhere.
But hell I dunno


No. That's just silly. Rekkles did a lot of IE>PD at IPL 5 on ez.

IE is always best, unless you die before you get it completed.

edit

And PD is IE's best friend.
Freeeeeeedom
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 02:14:55
January 06 2013 02:10 GMT
#6051
The fact that PD no longer upgrades Zeal's % MS is actually an enormous hit to the item's effectiveness.

The added passive makes very little sense, because "ignores unit collision" as a passive is not that useful for ranged, particularly when it's never going to be finished during laning phase, where interaction with creeps is greatest.

With regard to Shiv vs. PD, the difference isn't all that big, and comes down to how you're playing fights. PD gives you higher stand-and-fight DPS, but Shiv's proc has greater usefulness in poking/kiting situations.
Moderator
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 02:14:28
January 06 2013 02:12 GMT
#6052
IE is worse than BT on Ez until you get your third item or you team fight a lot(4v4 or 5v5) otherwise the extra burst of damage on your Q and R (especially R) is just so much better with BT.

"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 02:27:01
January 06 2013 02:24 GMT
#6053
I always went triforce -> BT -> LW on Ezreal, should I start going for something else then? I really hated IE + PD on Ez and see no reason to start doing that now. How about the new items?





buy Zed or Syndra?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Stabby
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada13 Posts
January 06 2013 02:30 GMT
#6054
On January 06 2013 06:57 TheYango wrote:
And not enough jungles and tops are getting Locket.


My friend and I have been thinking about getting locket more often but it seems to me for 2k, I'd be getting it around level 11 when I'm jungling and it seems the bigger question is: would this be more effective than having aegis at that point? I plan to play around with locket later but this intrigues me.
no hetero
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 06 2013 02:37 GMT
#6055
On January 06 2013 11:30 Stabby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 06:57 TheYango wrote:
And not enough jungles and tops are getting Locket.


My friend and I have been thinking about getting locket more often but it seems to me for 2k, I'd be getting it around level 11 when I'm jungling and it seems the bigger question is: would this be more effective than having aegis at that point? I plan to play around with locket later but this intrigues me.

Locket gives higher gold value in self stats for less cost, and the shield is equivalent to greater gold in team stats (ignoring the health regen) at level 14 if you treat a shield as equivalent to the same amount of HP.

That said, my personal take is that Aegis is better when you're ahead and can stay alive, while Locket is better when you're behind and expect to die in fights--for the reason that Locket puts out all its team usefulness immediately when you use the active, and Aegis drops to zero team value the moment you die.
Moderator
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 06 2013 02:40 GMT
#6056
Syndra. Always Syndra. Except when Viktor.

I've been using Locket on Vi (core of Locket/Phage/Wit's and boots2, staying on machete) but going into the midgame I feel so gimped in armor that way... and there's no way I build a BC on her, I don't like it and she doesn't even get to put a lot of stacks unless they fuck up their positioning with regards to your E, so phage it is (rather than bruta, although ghostblade is probably kinda good for proc-ing W early and getting a good burst).
I like a core around mallet/randuin's, so I get armor and HP (I'd go mallet and sit on a chainvest, but randuin's doesn't have one so I'd rather finish randuin's while sitting on a phage), and Locket forces me to delay it or I'll lack MR. Then I feel low on armor with only Locket.
Maybe I should just get mercs earlier, and limit wit's to either the recurve if I'm fed or the NMM if I need more MR, then get my randuin's up.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
January 06 2013 02:45 GMT
#6057
Never knew Hecarim was so much fun. I decided I needed a new jungler (got bored of Amumu a while ago, not good with Noct, and can't play Rammus all the time), and Hecarim looked kinda interesting. His early clears are pretty scary, and I'm still not completely sure what the best build path is on him, but the feel he has is really cool. Charging and knocking people back, only to knock them back again with ult when they think they got away is easily one of the best feelings.
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
January 06 2013 02:46 GMT
#6058
On January 06 2013 11:24 Shikyo wrote:
I always went triforce -> BT -> LW on Ezreal, should I start going for something else then? I really hated IE + PD on Ez and see no reason to start doing that now. How about the new items?





buy Zed or Syndra?


People love that build. Its a fine build. You just have to win with it. If the other AD went for the stronger lategame build its hard to roll with it. IE is so strong late, and that build has weak Attack speed and crit, which are two of the reasons you are a Carry.

The build is fine, I personally dislike it because if you build it you are not an AD carry. You are a ranged AD psuedo-caster/autoattacker.
Freeeeeeedom
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
January 06 2013 02:50 GMT
#6059
On January 06 2013 11:24 Shikyo wrote:
I always went triforce -> BT -> LW on Ezreal, should I start going for something else then? I really hated IE + PD on Ez and see no reason to start doing that now. How about the new items?





buy Zed or Syndra?


BT into IBG (Iceborn Gauntlet) Don't get TF anymore.

Boots, BT, IBG, IE, LW, QSS or GA (I usually always go GA, ez alrdy has nice escape)

Depends what you play more, mid or top/jungle. Both are really fun and can carry games lategame.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 06 2013 02:50 GMT
#6060
On January 06 2013 11:46 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 11:24 Shikyo wrote:
I always went triforce -> BT -> LW on Ezreal, should I start going for something else then? I really hated IE + PD on Ez and see no reason to start doing that now. How about the new items?





buy Zed or Syndra?


People love that build. Its a fine build. You just have to win with it. If the other AD went for the stronger lategame build its hard to roll with it. IE is so strong late, and that build has weak Attack speed and crit, which are two of the reasons you are a Carry.

The build is fine, I personally dislike it because if you build it you are not an AD carry. You are a ranged AD psuedo-caster/autoattacker.

aslong as you hit your Q/W and get a burst of R early you'll have a 50% attack speed buff most of the fight. Most people just assume ezreal only has Q and spells when he actually has an auto attack too
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Prev 1 301 302 303 304 305 451 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29554
Shuttle 2953
Bisu 1003
Horang2 856
Jaedong 722
BeSt 382
Light 329
Hyuk 307
firebathero 301
actioN 282
[ Show more ]
Mini 236
Stork 206
Soma 201
Zeus 191
Soulkey 176
EffOrt 157
Last 132
Leta 122
ggaemo 97
ZerO 91
Snow 90
Pusan 82
Rush 65
Killer 52
Mong 51
hero 39
Aegong 38
Mind 33
Sexy 28
Shine 27
Sharp 26
NaDa 26
Bale 25
soO 22
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 22
PianO 15
Yoon 15
zelot 15
sorry 15
Free 15
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
HiyA 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1995
qojqva1248
Dendi746
Fuzer 136
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1431
x6flipin290
markeloff1
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns40551
singsing2029
B2W.Neo452
XBOCT341
DeMusliM182
Livibee173
Mew2King132
Liquid`LucifroN123
XaKoH 104
ArmadaUGS104
QueenE68
Chillindude11
ZerO(Twitch)10
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2246
• TFBlade469
Other Games
• WagamamaTV142
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 9m
Stellar Fest
1h 9m
OSC
12h 9m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.