• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:53
CEST 04:53
KST 11:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7911 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 163

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 161 162 163 164 165 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 10:05:06
April 02 2012 10:04 GMT
#3241
On April 02 2012 18:53 tyCe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 16:28 miicah wrote:
Fucking WQ combo, can never hit that on 220ping

Either that or I'm just bad

No, you're not bad. I couldn't hit it on 180ms ping. Then I played on 50ms and I hit it everytime. It felt amazing lol.

No one is as bad as hotshot, not even elementz when it comes to alis.
+ Show Spoiler +
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
April 02 2012 10:19 GMT
#3242
On April 02 2012 19:04 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 18:53 tyCe wrote:
On April 02 2012 16:28 miicah wrote:
Fucking WQ combo, can never hit that on 220ping

Either that or I'm just bad

No, you're not bad. I couldn't hit it on 180ms ping. Then I played on 50ms and I hit it everytime. It felt amazing lol.

No one is as bad as hotshot, not even elementz when it comes to alis.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDMQZgSZjpU

Rofl, good video.

even playing at like 80-90ms i can only hit it 2/3 of the time(usually when i really need it i'll hit it though)
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
h3r1n6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Iceland2039 Posts
April 02 2012 10:23 GMT
#3243
I can hit 3-4 headbutt pulvs at the start of the game, then brag about how I hit all of them, then continue to miss every single one for the rest of the game.
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
April 02 2012 10:25 GMT
#3244
Spent a good 4 hours straight practising nothing but alistar combos vs bots.
Can do it most of the time now on 200 ping.

I like the one where Hotshot chickens out and decides he can't do it anymore.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
necrosed
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil885 Posts
April 02 2012 10:43 GMT
#3245
I can hit the ali combo 100% with 200ish ping.
Shadow of his former self.
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
April 02 2012 10:48 GMT
#3246
headbutt is easier than throwing gold card as TF imho
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
April 02 2012 10:50 GMT
#3247
it doesn't matter how many headbutts you hit....all that matters to your teammates is the critical one that you messed up.

jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 02 2012 10:58 GMT
#3248
Same can be said for Bliz hooks too.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
April 02 2012 11:10 GMT
#3249
I normally can do the heatbutt combo no problem, but I tend to miss went the target is just barely in range cos after I hit W I hit Q like crazy and that mess up the combo -_-.
Terran
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
April 02 2012 11:21 GMT
#3250
You hit w and q immediately after. Essentially you hit wq like you're typing, the only problem is you HAVE to be in w range otherwise you'll just walk towards your target and then q the ground like a retard. Everyone has seen the alistar who walks towards the target then pulvs the ground saying "wtf." It's no different than a flash pulv, execpt with greater range at the cost of not having your w for an additional second of cc.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
April 02 2012 11:42 GMT
#3251
On April 02 2012 20:21 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
You hit w and q immediately after. Essentially you hit wq like you're typing, the only problem is you HAVE to be in w range otherwise you'll just walk towards your target and then q the ground like a retard. Everyone has seen the alistar who walks towards the target then pulvs the ground saying "wtf." It's no different than a flash pulv, execpt with greater range at the cost of not having your w for an additional second of cc.

yep, this is exactly what I was talking about . But the Flash Q W back to tower is still my favourite lol.
Terran
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
April 02 2012 11:47 GMT
#3252
On April 02 2012 20:21 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
You hit w and q immediately after. Essentially you hit wq like you're typing, the only problem is you HAVE to be in w range otherwise you'll just walk towards your target and then q the ground like a retard. Everyone has seen the alistar who walks towards the target then pulvs the ground saying "wtf." It's no different than a flash pulv, execpt with greater range at the cost of not having your w for an additional second of cc.


This. I usually mess some when I have lags or am only more or less in range so I'll take two steps then pulv.
And then there's the game with the perfect first opportunity and I realize too late I didn't set up W on smartcast and I fail.

Cow still super fun, and contrary to post-multi-nerfs Sona I feel I'm actually doing something now.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
April 02 2012 11:50 GMT
#3253
wq is really easy. >.>

Then again, I have pretty good ping, so I never have a problem. The only issues I get are when I preemptively press q, but that maybe happens once out of every dozen ganks or so, and most of the times the reason is because the opponent either used ghost, flash, or some other escape skill that prevented me from w'ing to them.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
BlueSpace
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany2182 Posts
April 02 2012 11:58 GMT
#3254
On April 02 2012 20:47 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 20:21 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
You hit w and q immediately after. Essentially you hit wq like you're typing, the only problem is you HAVE to be in w range otherwise you'll just walk towards your target and then q the ground like a retard. Everyone has seen the alistar who walks towards the target then pulvs the ground saying "wtf." It's no different than a flash pulv, execpt with greater range at the cost of not having your w for an additional second of cc.


This. I usually mess some when I have lags or am only more or less in range so I'll take two steps then pulv.
And then there's the game with the perfect first opportunity and I realize too late I didn't set up W on smartcast and I fail.

Cow still super fun, and contrary to post-multi-nerfs Sona I feel I'm actually doing something now.

I think Sona is underplayed at the moment. They hit her damage and now everybody thinks that she is useless although in my opinion she has more to offer than just damage on her q.
Probe1: "Because people are opinionated and love to share their thoughts. Then they read someone else agree with them and get their opinion confused with fact."
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
April 02 2012 12:09 GMT
#3255
I can hit most WQ combos on Alistar as long as I don't have W on smartcast. With W on smartcast I pretty much miss every single combo. It's one of the couple of skills that I always revert back to normal cast.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
April 02 2012 12:26 GMT
#3256
I've been trying to play Sona, but the way they hit both her damage, heal, and auras, she just doesn't feel like she does anything noticeable. Before the nerfs she did everything well, now she's just average at best at everything.
From what I've interpreted of the competitive comps picked lately, it seems the meta values very strong points and lack of glaring weaknesses more than having no weaknesses at the expense of specialization. I think for example that the sustain nerfs helped seeing more non-sustain supports like Nunu, Leona, Janna, the latter is now a very popular and valuable pick because despite the lack of sustain (and her somewhat high mana costs I think) she has very strong points in her cc and passive.

Sona used to bring the best damage/poke, and strong (if very mana-hungry) defense via her aura + heal. Now I actually prefer sustaining as Alistar, if only because I don't go oom to give back 50% of its life to my carry—and the aura took a big hit, it's actually not that noticeable at level 1 or 2. She doesn't have cc except her ult and her E-powerchord, non-sustain supports seeing more light comparatively overshadow her damage... I don't think she brings anything to the table really anymore. Just determine what it is which you want for you lane, and take the best for that, who won't be Sona.

It's making me kinda sad, tho.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23438 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 12:29:12
April 02 2012 12:27 GMT
#3257
Sonas still really good and you're overreacting don't be baby about it. Sure alistar and leona do more damage but they don't provide auras and have to commit to do it. Her healing is pretty damn good and you're forgetting her auras.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 02 2012 12:35 GMT
#3258
I think sona would be a much better champ if they just removed her auras and let her go around power cording shit.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 02 2012 12:49 GMT
#3259
Bah, now Sona is just not strong in every single lane anymore and has strong and weak lanes, like it should be.

She's still a baller support for a poke/zone lane with champs like Ez or Cait, her ult is still great in teamfights, and she still has the second best AD-sustain for supports.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
BlueSpace
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany2182 Posts
April 02 2012 12:53 GMT
#3260
I can see where you are coming from but regarding the auras I think you got that backwards. Her early lvl auras were changed a lot and her late game auras are unchanged after the recent nerf.

Patch Notes (Nautilus):
Power Chord damage adjusted to 10 per level from 14 + 9 per level
Hymn of Valor passive attack damage and ability power aura reduced at earlier ranks to 4/8/12/16/20 from 8/11/14/17/20
Aria of Perseverance passive armor and magic resist aura reduced at earlier ranks to 3/6/9/12/15 from 7/9/11/13/15
Song of Celerity passive movement speed aura reduced at earlier ranks to 4/8/12/16/20 from 8/11/14/17/20


So I think that she is still strong as soon as you hit the later phase of laning but you don't have that insane lvl1/2 damage on her anymore. I used to start with q but now I'm experimenting with w and even e. Although e needs a non-retarded ad, that actually knows when to chase to get a few more shots in after the power chord slow and that usually doesn't work in solo q.
Probe1: "Because people are opinionated and love to share their thoughts. Then they read someone else agree with them and get their opinion confused with fact."
Prev 1 161 162 163 164 165 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 213
Nina 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14898
Rain 2126
Dewaltoss 46
NaDa 35
Bale 31
Noble 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
taco 651
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1369
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1351
WinterStarcraft597
Other Games
summit1g8971
Doublelift3135
JimRising 646
PiGStarcraft329
ArmadaUGS227
C9.Mang0204
Maynarde146
ViBE116
ZombieGrub30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick923
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo698
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 7m
OSC
10h 7m
Stellar Fest
10h 7m
OSC
21h 7m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.