• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:28
CEST 16:28
KST 23:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9478 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 150

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 148 149 150 151 152 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
April 01 2012 18:02 GMT
#2981
Well the only reason they lost like 2 teamfights in a row is because regi tried to engage with a ult without hitting soraka with it and than he just got silenced and was useless.
Cackle™
pschiu
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore410 Posts
April 01 2012 18:06 GMT
#2982
On April 02 2012 02:30 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 02:04 pschiu wrote:
This is something I feel strongly about.

Personally, I sure as hell don't mind Riot designing their female champs to look sexy with skimpy outfits. But the huge problem, e.g. if we talk about the splash art, is that many of the female champs are SO BADLY DRAWN as to not even look human. Offences include waists almost thinner than heads (wtf!!), other weird body proportions like overly long neck, overly thin or long arms and legs, weird body postures, boobs looking like two perfect hemispheres being glued onto the chest, lifeless facial expressions, faces that look totally different from skin to skin, or in general just very badly drawn art.

Sigh, and don't even get me started on the models.

This applies to males just as much, I mean, you seen GP's pubic hair? Or heimers head, how does he not fall over because gravity you know.

Hey hey, yordles don't count. I'm just saying, the champs that are supposed to be human don't even look human. But yeah I agree this isn't a problem only exclusive to females.

On April 02 2012 02:34 sob3k wrote:
The entire art style of the game is stylized caricatures....

I don't buy this explanation. If those are supposed to be "stylized caricatures", they still look awful for caricatures. Neither here nor there.

But well, be that as it may, I'm playing a free game, so whatever, I'll just play it for the gameplay. I'm just saying, I personally wouldn't pay money to buy skins many of which have what I deem as really awful art and modelling.
Mondeezy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1938 Posts
April 01 2012 18:07 GMT
#2983
On April 02 2012 03:02 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 03:00 Mondeezy wrote:
How do you guys avoid pushing top lane without losing CS?

I got bitched at all game yesterday for pushing top lane to their tower vs a Vlad, but my spells do AOE damage, so I'm not sure how to really avoid pushing it without losing CS/harassing him. It seems like my lane is almost always pushed to their tower unless they're spamming abilities... Halp?

only auto attack for last hit...

depending on your champion, it might not necessarily be a bad thing to push top, if you have everything correctly warded.


I only use my basic attack to last hit -- never really use auto attack for anything but that or harassing them out of lane. Always feels like their creeps get dumped on by mine though :S
LoL NA: Mondeezy - TL - Riven <3
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
April 01 2012 18:09 GMT
#2984
On April 02 2012 03:06 pschiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 02:30 JackDino wrote:
On April 02 2012 02:04 pschiu wrote:
This is something I feel strongly about.

Personally, I sure as hell don't mind Riot designing their female champs to look sexy with skimpy outfits. But the huge problem, e.g. if we talk about the splash art, is that many of the female champs are SO BADLY DRAWN as to not even look human. Offences include waists almost thinner than heads (wtf!!), other weird body proportions like overly long neck, overly thin or long arms and legs, weird body postures, boobs looking like two perfect hemispheres being glued onto the chest, lifeless facial expressions, faces that look totally different from skin to skin, or in general just very badly drawn art.

Sigh, and don't even get me started on the models.

This applies to males just as much, I mean, you seen GP's pubic hair? Or heimers head, how does he not fall over because gravity you know.

Hey hey, yordles don't count. I'm just saying, the champs that are supposed to be human don't even look human. But yeah I agree this isn't a problem only exclusive to females.

Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 02:34 sob3k wrote:
The entire art style of the game is stylized caricatures....

I don't buy this explanation. If those are supposed to be "stylized caricatures", they still look awful for caricatures. Neither here nor there.

But well, be that as it may, I'm playing a free game, so whatever, I'll just play it for the gameplay. I'm just saying, I personally wouldn't pay money to buy skins many of which have what I deem as really awful art and modelling.

If you looked closely at the old GP skin, it was actually his pants that was sticking above his belt, not his pubichair.
liftlift > tsm
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 18:25:48
April 01 2012 18:24 GMT
#2985
On April 02 2012 03:09 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 03:06 pschiu wrote:
On April 02 2012 02:30 JackDino wrote:
On April 02 2012 02:04 pschiu wrote:
This is something I feel strongly about.

Personally, I sure as hell don't mind Riot designing their female champs to look sexy with skimpy outfits. But the huge problem, e.g. if we talk about the splash art, is that many of the female champs are SO BADLY DRAWN as to not even look human. Offences include waists almost thinner than heads (wtf!!), other weird body proportions like overly long neck, overly thin or long arms and legs, weird body postures, boobs looking like two perfect hemispheres being glued onto the chest, lifeless facial expressions, faces that look totally different from skin to skin, or in general just very badly drawn art.

Sigh, and don't even get me started on the models.

This applies to males just as much, I mean, you seen GP's pubic hair? Or heimers head, how does he not fall over because gravity you know.

Hey hey, yordles don't count. I'm just saying, the champs that are supposed to be human don't even look human. But yeah I agree this isn't a problem only exclusive to females.

On April 02 2012 02:34 sob3k wrote:
The entire art style of the game is stylized caricatures....

I don't buy this explanation. If those are supposed to be "stylized caricatures", they still look awful for caricatures. Neither here nor there.

But well, be that as it may, I'm playing a free game, so whatever, I'll just play it for the gameplay. I'm just saying, I personally wouldn't pay money to buy skins many of which have what I deem as really awful art and modelling.

If you looked closely at the old GP skin, it was actually his pants that was sticking above his belt, not his pubichair.

No it was his pubic hair that was connected with his chest hair or some shit.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
April 01 2012 18:29 GMT
#2986
On April 02 2012 03:24 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 03:09 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 02 2012 03:06 pschiu wrote:
On April 02 2012 02:30 JackDino wrote:
On April 02 2012 02:04 pschiu wrote:
This is something I feel strongly about.

Personally, I sure as hell don't mind Riot designing their female champs to look sexy with skimpy outfits. But the huge problem, e.g. if we talk about the splash art, is that many of the female champs are SO BADLY DRAWN as to not even look human. Offences include waists almost thinner than heads (wtf!!), other weird body proportions like overly long neck, overly thin or long arms and legs, weird body postures, boobs looking like two perfect hemispheres being glued onto the chest, lifeless facial expressions, faces that look totally different from skin to skin, or in general just very badly drawn art.

Sigh, and don't even get me started on the models.

This applies to males just as much, I mean, you seen GP's pubic hair? Or heimers head, how does he not fall over because gravity you know.

Hey hey, yordles don't count. I'm just saying, the champs that are supposed to be human don't even look human. But yeah I agree this isn't a problem only exclusive to females.

On April 02 2012 02:34 sob3k wrote:
The entire art style of the game is stylized caricatures....

I don't buy this explanation. If those are supposed to be "stylized caricatures", they still look awful for caricatures. Neither here nor there.

But well, be that as it may, I'm playing a free game, so whatever, I'll just play it for the gameplay. I'm just saying, I personally wouldn't pay money to buy skins many of which have what I deem as really awful art and modelling.

If you looked closely at the old GP skin, it was actually his pants that was sticking above his belt, not his pubichair.

No it was his pubic hair that was connected with his chest hair or some shit.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Nah dude, that's his pants.
liftlift > tsm
AUGcodon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada536 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 18:40:10
April 01 2012 18:31 GMT
#2987
Arguing that male characters are sexist to the same extent that female characters are is a pretty disingenuous argument. Like all the female characters are all caricatures from a male prospective. I don't really see how "all" woman would wish they could just have a big rack or ass. It basically means that how women see themselves as pretty in real life is pretty different from how males look at women.

The muscular dudes in lol is pretty much embodiments of male physical virtues. I think its fair to say that most men would be pretty happy being buff or whatnot. The exaggeration is pretty much just an extension of the dominant male thought patterns.

To wrap up the argument, its not just a question of mf have big boobs. Its the fact the majority of the female characters are designed in a way to specifically to appease to the male audience. Sure sex sells, but that dosen't make it any less sexist.

To rant on a little bit more, I think the gaming community have a "LONG" way to go to fix the sexist thing. Like the amount of hate I seen toward female only-league in the starcraft-2 section was baffling.
2809-8732-2116/ Fighting/ Mienfoo, Tyrogue, Sawk
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 18:36:11
April 01 2012 18:33 GMT
#2988
On April 02 2012 03:31 AUGcodon wrote:
Arguing that male characters are sexist to the same extent that female characters are is a pretty disingenuous argument. Like all the female characters are all caricatures from a male prospective. I don't really see how "all" woman would wish they could just have a big rack or ass. It basically means that how women see themselves as pretty in real life is pretty different from how males look at women.

The muscular dudes in lol is pretty much embodiments of male physical virtues. I think its fair to say that most men would be pretty happy being buff or whatnot. The exaggeration is pretty much just an extension of the dominant male thought patterns.

To wrap up the argument, its not just a question of mf have big boobs. Its the fact the majority of the female characters are designed in a way to specifically to appease to the male audience. Sure sex sells, but that dosen't make it any less sexist.


You're basically saying.

"I don't think all women want to look what every male thinks is sexy but all males want to be arnold style physically buff"

Pretty subjective there.

I mean, the musuclar dudes in LoL have the type of body you need steriods to get almost, and it's realistic to the extent that real fighters wouldn't be that big because they'd be too slow, so that argument is pretty dumb as well.

Male champs in this game are just as much caricatures, in fact, they're SUPPOSED to be caricatures.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
April 01 2012 18:34 GMT
#2989
I don't mind the fact that I look like gragas. Gragas, clearly sexist.
liftlift > tsm
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 18:42:54
April 01 2012 18:35 GMT
#2990
On April 02 2012 03:31 AUGcodon wrote:
Arguing that male characters are sexist to the same extent that female characters are is a pretty disingenuous argument. Like all the female characters are all caricatures from a male prospective. I don't really see how "all" woman would wish they could just have a big rack or ass. It basically means that how women see themselves as pretty in real life is pretty different from how males look at women.

The muscular dudes in lol is pretty much embodiments of male physical virtues. I think its fair to say that most men would be pretty happy being buff or whatnot. The exaggeration is pretty much just an extension of the dominant male thought patterns.

To wrap up the argument, its not just a question of mf have big boobs. Its the fact the majority of the female characters are designed in a way to specifically to appease to the male audience. Sure sex sells, but that dosen't make it any less sexist.

You're right I'm sure most females would rather look like gragas than MF.
"Lets design average/shitty looking females so males won't whine about sexism in our game."
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
April 01 2012 18:36 GMT
#2991
On April 02 2012 03:07 Mondeezy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 03:02 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 02 2012 03:00 Mondeezy wrote:
How do you guys avoid pushing top lane without losing CS?

I got bitched at all game yesterday for pushing top lane to their tower vs a Vlad, but my spells do AOE damage, so I'm not sure how to really avoid pushing it without losing CS/harassing him. It seems like my lane is almost always pushed to their tower unless they're spamming abilities... Halp?

only auto attack for last hit...

depending on your champion, it might not necessarily be a bad thing to push top, if you have everything correctly warded.


I only use my basic attack to last hit -- never really use auto attack for anything but that or harassing them out of lane. Always feels like their creeps get dumped on by mine though :S

If your lane is always pushing, then it's due to: auto attacking too much, last hitting too early (includes using spells on minions), taking minion aggro while harassing (using auto attacks on opponents draws minion aggro, which means their creeps are damaging you, instead of killing your creeps, which leads to your lane pushing).
Once the lane begins pushing, it could be that your opponent is 'freezing' the lane closer to their turret. Best suggestion would be to look for an explanation on lane control. I think sites like solomid or lolpro have general guides on this kind of stuff? Maybe we have one here, I dunno.
Fuzzmosis
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada752 Posts
April 01 2012 18:37 GMT
#2992
When dealing with presenting an ideal male or female form (sexualized):
Ideal Male: Pinnacle of masculenity, awesome.
Ideal Female: This is sexist.

Also, please note that male/female ideal sexualization can vary greatly within personal preference. Some girls will love Anime, some will want body builders.

Just saying, even female charecters that are considered strong, good role models (ALA Jade, Beyond good and Evil) they can still fit the above trap. Sexism pervaded most every culture, and decrying it has been ugly and difficult, and at times, seemingly random what fits sexism and what doesn't.

They had to nerf Irelia finally.
I'm From Canada, so they think I'm slow, eh?
Shifft
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1085 Posts
April 01 2012 18:44 GMT
#2993
On April 02 2012 03:07 Mondeezy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 03:02 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 02 2012 03:00 Mondeezy wrote:
How do you guys avoid pushing top lane without losing CS?

I got bitched at all game yesterday for pushing top lane to their tower vs a Vlad, but my spells do AOE damage, so I'm not sure how to really avoid pushing it without losing CS/harassing him. It seems like my lane is almost always pushed to their tower unless they're spamming abilities... Halp?

only auto attack for last hit...

depending on your champion, it might not necessarily be a bad thing to push top, if you have everything correctly warded.


I only use my basic attack to last hit -- never really use auto attack for anything but that or harassing them out of lane. Always feels like their creeps get dumped on by mine though :S


If you're actually doing nothing but autoattacking once for last hits, the problem is likely that you're last hitting too early. Ideal time to last hit is when there are caster minion bolts in the air that will do enough damage to kill the minion without your help. Obviously that won't always be possible but that's the ideal case.
=O
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
April 01 2012 18:48 GMT
#2994
On April 02 2012 03:24 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 03:09 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 02 2012 03:06 pschiu wrote:
On April 02 2012 02:30 JackDino wrote:
On April 02 2012 02:04 pschiu wrote:
This is something I feel strongly about.

Personally, I sure as hell don't mind Riot designing their female champs to look sexy with skimpy outfits. But the huge problem, e.g. if we talk about the splash art, is that many of the female champs are SO BADLY DRAWN as to not even look human. Offences include waists almost thinner than heads (wtf!!), other weird body proportions like overly long neck, overly thin or long arms and legs, weird body postures, boobs looking like two perfect hemispheres being glued onto the chest, lifeless facial expressions, faces that look totally different from skin to skin, or in general just very badly drawn art.

Sigh, and don't even get me started on the models.

This applies to males just as much, I mean, you seen GP's pubic hair? Or heimers head, how does he not fall over because gravity you know.

Hey hey, yordles don't count. I'm just saying, the champs that are supposed to be human don't even look human. But yeah I agree this isn't a problem only exclusive to females.

On April 02 2012 02:34 sob3k wrote:
The entire art style of the game is stylized caricatures....

I don't buy this explanation. If those are supposed to be "stylized caricatures", they still look awful for caricatures. Neither here nor there.

But well, be that as it may, I'm playing a free game, so whatever, I'll just play it for the gameplay. I'm just saying, I personally wouldn't pay money to buy skins many of which have what I deem as really awful art and modelling.

If you looked closely at the old GP skin, it was actually his pants that was sticking above his belt, not his pubichair.

No it was his pubic hair that was connected with his chest hair or some shit.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It is actually one of swain's crows
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 19:00:01
April 01 2012 18:50 GMT
#2995
people that have a problem with hyper-sexualized women in league somehow conveniently forget the existence of fiora, karma, leona, lux, orianna, riven and vayne (sans valentine skin).

AND MOTHAFUCKIN KAYLE
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
AUGcodon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada536 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 18:51:48
April 01 2012 18:50 GMT
#2996
On April 02 2012 03:33 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 03:31 AUGcodon wrote:
Arguing that male characters are sexist to the same extent that female characters are is a pretty disingenuous argument. Like all the female characters are all caricatures from a male prospective. I don't really see how "all" woman would wish they could just have a big rack or ass. It basically means that how women see themselves as pretty in real life is pretty different from how males look at women.

The muscular dudes in lol is pretty much embodiments of male physical virtues. I think its fair to say that most men would be pretty happy being buff or whatnot. The exaggeration is pretty much just an extension of the dominant male thought patterns.

To wrap up the argument, its not just a question of mf have big boobs. Its the fact the majority of the female characters are designed in a way to specifically to appease to the male audience. Sure sex sells, but that dosen't make it any less sexist.


You're basically saying.

"I don't think all women want to look what every male thinks is sexy but all males want to be arnold style physically buff"

Pretty subjective there.

I mean, the musuclar dudes in LoL have the type of body you need steriods to get almost, and it's realistic to the extent that real fighters wouldn't be that big because they'd be too slow, so that argument is pretty dumb as well.

Male champs in this game are just as much caricatures, in fact, they're SUPPOSED to be caricatures.


You right that it is subjective. But its kinda hard to be objective with this thing. But as a general statement, would you agree that most of the male population would like to be muscular? not to the extent LOL does it, but lets say Brad Pitt in fight club.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The point I was trying to make was that the maleness is exaggerated in lol characters, but the fundamental idea, the core masculinity is still very much there.

I kinda don't want to speak for the female side cause Im a dude. Pretty sure any argument on their behalf is probably gonna just do them a disservice. I guess we can wait for Haem or uni to drop us a line.(Is there even any other girls who post on lol forum?
2809-8732-2116/ Fighting/ Mienfoo, Tyrogue, Sawk
Mondeezy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1938 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 18:55:36
April 01 2012 18:55 GMT
#2997
On April 02 2012 03:36 Dgiese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 03:07 Mondeezy wrote:
On April 02 2012 03:02 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 02 2012 03:00 Mondeezy wrote:
How do you guys avoid pushing top lane without losing CS?

I got bitched at all game yesterday for pushing top lane to their tower vs a Vlad, but my spells do AOE damage, so I'm not sure how to really avoid pushing it without losing CS/harassing him. It seems like my lane is almost always pushed to their tower unless they're spamming abilities... Halp?

only auto attack for last hit...

depending on your champion, it might not necessarily be a bad thing to push top, if you have everything correctly warded.


I only use my basic attack to last hit -- never really use auto attack for anything but that or harassing them out of lane. Always feels like their creeps get dumped on by mine though :S

If your lane is always pushing, then it's due to: auto attacking too much, last hitting too early (includes using spells on minions), taking minion aggro while harassing (using auto attacks on opponents draws minion aggro, which means their creeps are damaging you, instead of killing your creeps, which leads to your lane pushing).
Once the lane begins pushing, it could be that your opponent is 'freezing' the lane closer to their turret. Best suggestion would be to look for an explanation on lane control. I think sites like solomid or lolpro have general guides on this kind of stuff? Maybe we have one here, I dunno.


I think that could very well be it.. thanks!

Edit: Thanks Shifft!
LoL NA: Mondeezy - TL - Riven <3
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
April 01 2012 18:56 GMT
#2998
On April 02 2012 03:50 barbsq wrote:
people that have a problem with hyper-sexualized women in league somehow conveniently forget the existence of fiora, karma, leona, lux, orianna, riven and vayne (sans valentine skin).

People who write these posts clearly forget kayle D:<
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 18:58:50
April 01 2012 18:58 GMT
#2999
On April 02 2012 03:56 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2012 03:50 barbsq wrote:
people that have a problem with hyper-sexualized women in league somehow conveniently forget the existence of fiora, karma, leona, lux, orianna, riven and vayne (sans valentine skin).

People who write these posts clearly forget kayle D:<

What? Kayle not a man? No boobs, full body armour, clearly not a female.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
April 01 2012 18:59 GMT
#3000
I have a question about top lane tactics when you have the advantage, specifically when you're able to zone them out.

Generally, I see two different methods when people take the lead. (1) Zone your opponent while staying in your lane most of the time. (2) Constantly push the wave to your opponent's tower to either keep pressure in your lane (ie hotshot ) or roam (ie voyboy), but their top lane opponents are able to catch up. I should also note that neither of the top laners has teleport.

I guess it mainly depends on whether you're playing arranged or solo q, but I realized that I'm more of a (1) aka conservative player regardless whether I'm playing solo q or not. I like to think that if the rest of the lanes are doing fine or even mediocre against their respective lanes, (1) seems to be the better choice in my opinion. Because I'm able to deny their top cs by freezing the wave pushed to my tower (best example is probably pantheon because he can zone easily as well as get to dragon in time), it makes their top relatively useless in team fights.

But I noticed that most high elo solo q players take the (2) approach regardless whether their team's lanes are doing well or not. This brings to my question: Why do they do this? Doesn't it allow your opponent catch up in cs. And if you were hotshot and pushed all day, you'd be vulnerable to ganks unless you're nidalee or the like. If you were Voyboy and start roaming, a simple mia call would make your roams a waste of time.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
Prev 1 148 149 150 151 152 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 940
ComeBackTV 606
SteadfastSC508
TaKeTV 361
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 508
ProTech145
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50043
Bisu 2025
Horang2 1304
EffOrt 1182
Soma 695
Mini 596
Hyuk 582
BeSt 501
Light 459
Larva 415
[ Show more ]
Rush 271
ZerO 220
910 86
Mong 86
Leta 82
Sea.KH 62
Snow 57
firebathero 56
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 37
Sexy 34
JYJ 31
Aegong 30
Yoon 23
Terrorterran 22
Bale 21
Trap 15
Sacsri 15
Rock 11
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Shine 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6792
qojqva743
Counter-Strike
Fnx 751
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1501
Khaldor1071
Lowko462
Other Games
singsing2056
olofmeister1643
hiko1284
Beastyqt576
B2W.Neo398
Livibee195
Hui .186
Liquid`VortiX178
XaKoH 144
ArmadaUGS115
djWHEAT79
KnowMe78
Mew2King71
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile111
• poizon28 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2565
Other Games
• Shiphtur90
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 32m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 32m
Online Event
20h 32m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.