• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:28
CEST 22:28
KST 05:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12183 users

[Patch 1.0.0.131: Ahri] General Discussion - Page 140

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 138 139 140 141 142 202 Next
Want to rage about your latest loss?
Use the QQ thread.
If you whine in GD, you'll get warned.

=====

+ Show Spoiler +
If your [Stream] thread was moved to the general TL Stream subforum (aka SC stream land), find your thread and PM it to me and I'll move it back to LoL territory. I can argue with staff that moving a non-SC thread into a SC subforum is just asking for that thread to get buried.

- Neo, Dec. 15 2011, 6:33 KST

I have admin approval. I'll be moving LoL streams back to the subforum. Stream name will be based on Summoner name.

- Neo 7:07 KST
LoCicero
Profile Joined August 2010
1100 Posts
December 21 2011 12:33 GMT
#2781
Here's something I think people should do more: ping the map if someone is missing. Don't just type it, I rarely read chat when I'm focused on trying to be aggressive in my lane. Use pings excessively, they're a very fast and efficient way of communicating. Even if your opposing laner is just in the brush, it's important to ping so your team can play defensive.
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
December 21 2011 12:35 GMT
#2782
On December 21 2011 21:33 LoCicero wrote:
Here's something I think people should do more: ping the map if someone is missing. Don't just type it, I rarely read chat when I'm focused on trying to be aggressive in my lane. Use pings excessively, they're a very fast and efficient way of communicating. Even if your opposing laner is just in the brush, it's important to ping so your team can play defensive.


lol wtf Chauster JUST said on stream to ping cause he doesn't read fast then you posted that. o.O
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-21 12:59:05
December 21 2011 12:55 GMT
#2783
Then chauster proceeded to type MIA once his own lane was missing...>_>

what the game needs is a mia ping instead of fall back ping. right now some people type, some use normal ping, some use fall back ping when your laner is missing. just give a mia ping and it simplifies things so much
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
December 21 2011 13:08 GMT
#2784
On December 21 2011 21:33 LoCicero wrote:
Here's something I think people should do more: ping the map if someone is missing. Don't just type it, I rarely read chat when I'm focused on trying to be aggressive in my lane. Use pings excessively, they're a very fast and efficient way of communicating. Even if your opposing laner is just in the brush, it's important to ping so your team can play defensive.

Problem:
Some people take every single ping as a "GO SUICIDE HERE" command.

Now I definitely agree, pings are a good way to get attention. But sadly sometimes you get the opposite effect, and instead of pulling back because Sion is coming for a gank, your top lane tries to intercept Sion and gets sandwiched to death.

So a seperate thing people should do more: Don't blindly react to pings (with whatever action), always evaluate the situation.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
December 21 2011 13:24 GMT
#2785
On December 21 2011 22:08 spinesheath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 21:33 LoCicero wrote:
Here's something I think people should do more: ping the map if someone is missing. Don't just type it, I rarely read chat when I'm focused on trying to be aggressive in my lane. Use pings excessively, they're a very fast and efficient way of communicating. Even if your opposing laner is just in the brush, it's important to ping so your team can play defensive.

Problem:
Some people take every single ping as a "GO SUICIDE HERE" command.

Now I definitely agree, pings are a good way to get attention. But sadly sometimes you get the opposite effect, and instead of pulling back because Sion is coming for a gank, your top lane tries to intercept Sion and gets sandwiched to death.

So a seperate thing people should do more: Don't blindly react to pings (with whatever action), always evaluate the situation.

Might be better to use retreat pings when indicating that "hey mid is on his way down to murder both of you plz be cares!"

I dunno I find that calling MIAs is a crap shoot anyway. When I call it I spam it in caps like twice. "MID MIA" "MID MIA" just so people can't really miss it. But sometimes even with that, people are too busy last hitting or too focused on their lane to even notice.

It's probably just as effective to put wards in unusual places, (halfway down river, or like in that bush across from their wraiths) so that your bot/top lane can SEE the enemy coming to their lane.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Hynda
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden2226 Posts
December 21 2011 13:27 GMT
#2786
Chauster is just going on and on and on about how bad Doublelift is lol.
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
December 21 2011 13:28 GMT
#2787
On December 21 2011 22:24 Haemonculus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 22:08 spinesheath wrote:
On December 21 2011 21:33 LoCicero wrote:
Here's something I think people should do more: ping the map if someone is missing. Don't just type it, I rarely read chat when I'm focused on trying to be aggressive in my lane. Use pings excessively, they're a very fast and efficient way of communicating. Even if your opposing laner is just in the brush, it's important to ping so your team can play defensive.

Problem:
Some people take every single ping as a "GO SUICIDE HERE" command.

Now I definitely agree, pings are a good way to get attention. But sadly sometimes you get the opposite effect, and instead of pulling back because Sion is coming for a gank, your top lane tries to intercept Sion and gets sandwiched to death.

So a seperate thing people should do more: Don't blindly react to pings (with whatever action), always evaluate the situation.

Might be better to use retreat pings when indicating that "hey mid is on his way down to murder both of you plz be cares!"

I dunno I find that calling MIAs is a crap shoot anyway. When I call it I spam it in caps like twice. "MID MIA" "MID MIA" just so people can't really miss it. But sometimes even with that, people are too busy last hitting or too focused on their lane to even notice.

It's probably just as effective to put wards in unusual places, (halfway down river, or like in that bush across from their wraiths) so that your bot/top lane can SEE the enemy coming to their lane.

Even then you still should ping because then you have a chance that they will actually LOOK at the minimap, which is required for seeing the enemy.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
GranDim
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Canada1214 Posts
December 21 2011 13:29 GMT
#2788
On December 21 2011 17:05 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 16:11 FieryBalrog wrote:
she just doesnt fit into the meta at all because she's not that good without farm. She'd have to replace AP mid. Or I guess she could be tried solo top.

She IS AP mid. She just doesnt' have any hard disables which makes her a poor choice of initiation and requires a relatively fed melee bruiser or tank to maximize her potential. She doesn't combo well with all team comps, which means she's more difficult to fit into drafts.

She does best with some form of tanky initiation because shield is a massive amount of burst and the survivability that it gives scales off the resistances of the target, while its damage scales off of the proximity of the target to multiple opponents. Her leash skill similarly creates a zone of slowed movement speed between her and the tank, which dissuades the opposing team from moving into your team's backline, and her fan heal's positional considerations and scaling also benefit from a tanky initiation, both to increase damage and maximize the ehp granted,


Buffs would put her in the same situation Zilean is in
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
December 21 2011 13:30 GMT
#2789
On December 21 2011 22:28 spinesheath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 22:24 Haemonculus wrote:
On December 21 2011 22:08 spinesheath wrote:
On December 21 2011 21:33 LoCicero wrote:
Here's something I think people should do more: ping the map if someone is missing. Don't just type it, I rarely read chat when I'm focused on trying to be aggressive in my lane. Use pings excessively, they're a very fast and efficient way of communicating. Even if your opposing laner is just in the brush, it's important to ping so your team can play defensive.

Problem:
Some people take every single ping as a "GO SUICIDE HERE" command.

Now I definitely agree, pings are a good way to get attention. But sadly sometimes you get the opposite effect, and instead of pulling back because Sion is coming for a gank, your top lane tries to intercept Sion and gets sandwiched to death.

So a seperate thing people should do more: Don't blindly react to pings (with whatever action), always evaluate the situation.

Might be better to use retreat pings when indicating that "hey mid is on his way down to murder both of you plz be cares!"

I dunno I find that calling MIAs is a crap shoot anyway. When I call it I spam it in caps like twice. "MID MIA" "MID MIA" just so people can't really miss it. But sometimes even with that, people are too busy last hitting or too focused on their lane to even notice.

It's probably just as effective to put wards in unusual places, (halfway down river, or like in that bush across from their wraiths) so that your bot/top lane can SEE the enemy coming to their lane.

Even then you still should ping because then you have a chance that they will actually LOOK at the minimap, which is required for seeing the enemy.

Obviously still ping.

But having a ward in the popular paths to other lanes at least solves the "Is that a 'run away' ping, or a 'GO THERE NOW' ping?" question for your other lanes.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
December 21 2011 13:37 GMT
#2790
Depends where I think he might be. When my opponent is missing from mid, when he was full HP I call 'ss , care *lane that is pushed*'

KCCO!
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
December 21 2011 13:42 GMT
#2791
On December 21 2011 22:30 Haemonculus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 22:28 spinesheath wrote:
On December 21 2011 22:24 Haemonculus wrote:
On December 21 2011 22:08 spinesheath wrote:
On December 21 2011 21:33 LoCicero wrote:
Here's something I think people should do more: ping the map if someone is missing. Don't just type it, I rarely read chat when I'm focused on trying to be aggressive in my lane. Use pings excessively, they're a very fast and efficient way of communicating. Even if your opposing laner is just in the brush, it's important to ping so your team can play defensive.

Problem:
Some people take every single ping as a "GO SUICIDE HERE" command.

Now I definitely agree, pings are a good way to get attention. But sadly sometimes you get the opposite effect, and instead of pulling back because Sion is coming for a gank, your top lane tries to intercept Sion and gets sandwiched to death.

So a seperate thing people should do more: Don't blindly react to pings (with whatever action), always evaluate the situation.

Might be better to use retreat pings when indicating that "hey mid is on his way down to murder both of you plz be cares!"

I dunno I find that calling MIAs is a crap shoot anyway. When I call it I spam it in caps like twice. "MID MIA" "MID MIA" just so people can't really miss it. But sometimes even with that, people are too busy last hitting or too focused on their lane to even notice.

It's probably just as effective to put wards in unusual places, (halfway down river, or like in that bush across from their wraiths) so that your bot/top lane can SEE the enemy coming to their lane.

Even then you still should ping because then you have a chance that they will actually LOOK at the minimap, which is required for seeing the enemy.

Obviously still ping.

But having a ward in the popular paths to other lanes at least solves the "Is that a 'run away' ping, or a 'GO THERE NOW' ping?" question for your other lanes.


On Europe servers, if you ping three times in a line, it means that the enemy is leaving that lane and travelling that direction towards you.

Also, there is a retreat ping that you can use.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
pschiu
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore410 Posts
December 21 2011 13:45 GMT
#2792
Hmm, on SEA server where I play, we usually use two pings that form a vector describing the enemy movement. Like if enemy mid moves towards bottom lane, we would ping mid river, then bot river in quick succession. Also, even if the river is warded and everyone can clearly see the enemy moving towards bot, ping anyway because it makes a loud sound that draws attention.
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
December 21 2011 14:20 GMT
#2793
On December 21 2011 18:25 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 18:17 Makavw wrote:
On December 21 2011 13:37 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
ah ok. I guess I was laning vs bad tryndameres then. Who should be able to beat tryn in lane?

Garen poops all over trynd 24/7 unless he gets ganks. Akali does that as well

Jax shits so hard on trynd it's not even funny, just needs tabis at 6.

I'll try akali then. I hate garen - isn't fun to play and doesn't scale well late game. And I'm like the worst jax player. I always somehow manage to get killed 3 times pre-6 as jax with 0 cs.
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
December 21 2011 14:27 GMT
#2794
On December 21 2011 19:44 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 13:26 NeoIllusions wrote:
saint rolling kids at 1200 elo as a 16 0 2 Shaco in 22 minutes. All is right in the world.

On December 21 2011 13:22 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
In the top lane matchup - Nasus vs tryn - who is supposed to have the advantage? Also how should you optimally open for both of them?


Trynd should have an advantage at all stages. He poses more of a thread at any point during the laning phase as well as early team fights. Nas wins if he somehow obtains more farm than Trynd at late game and Trynd has been setback a great deal.
At equal farm, Trynd is still more of a threat.


I don't totally agree with this. If trynd destroys the laning phase sure, trynd dominates games when he comes fed out of a solo lane with enough levels to make him hard to kill while still building all damage. If it's even or trynd dies more than Nasus due to ganks I'd much prefer having nasus because all you need is shurelyas and glacial to just permanently cast wither on tryndamere and considering most of them don't even get mercs it kinda counters him outright because he's not tanky and I feel like nasus' w straight up counters any burst and chasing power he has while he has ultimate ready.

Nasus is really always useful with 40% cdr even if he doesn't do a lot of damage W is the most powerful ms/as slow in the game and it's up almost permanently against someone without mercs. He also provides free amourpen and is naturally one of the tankiest champs and has good base damage from the same ultimate. (I rarely see AD carries get mercs as well, but perhaps they'd get cleanse or QSS for the first 5 seconds).

It really comes down to top lane ganks IMO. Trynd is hard to gank but then again Nasus is really good at supporting ganks with wither. If a good counter gank comes off it's a win for trynd but it's not a sure fire bet either because Nasus with ultimate is basically unkillable in a 2v2 so is trynd so one of the junglers is going to die and it depends on what the junglers are.

I feel like the whole underfed Nasus = useless sentiment comes from people just rushing trinity with no CDR and then rushing in rambo and expecting everything to work out. There's no reason to put yourself in any danger on Nasus when you have a long ranged slow the only time you want to go in range of their carries is if they're already in range of your team which means they walked towards you and closer to your team instead of just you running solo into their team and getting bursted while your team isn't ready to react. If you slow someone you can either force a flash if your damage can threaten a kill from range or else make them initiate to save the guy. It's really hard to run away when withers almost always ready and you have shurelyas. Maybe if the target has mercs but if he doesn't he's really screwed.

what I've been doing vs tryn was to play passive for first 2-3 levels then try to bully him with wither+q every time he comes close to cs.

also I freaking hate trinity first nasus, its so stupid. I prefer going glacial+negatron and then some health (HoG or belt whatever) with a sheen thrown in and full tanky.
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
December 21 2011 14:32 GMT
#2795
On December 21 2011 22:45 pschiu wrote:
Hmm, on SEA server where I play, we usually use two pings that form a vector describing the enemy movement. Like if enemy mid moves towards bottom lane, we would ping mid river, then bot river in quick succession. Also, even if the river is warded and everyone can clearly see the enemy moving towards bot, ping anyway because it makes a loud sound that draws attention.

(totally offtopic) yay, finally someone who plays on the SEA server! XD I made an acc on sea recently and was looking for people on TL who play on SEA.
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
Treadmill
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada2833 Posts
December 21 2011 14:43 GMT
#2796
On December 21 2011 23:27 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 19:44 Slayer91 wrote:
On December 21 2011 13:26 NeoIllusions wrote:
saint rolling kids at 1200 elo as a 16 0 2 Shaco in 22 minutes. All is right in the world.

On December 21 2011 13:22 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
In the top lane matchup - Nasus vs tryn - who is supposed to have the advantage? Also how should you optimally open for both of them?


Trynd should have an advantage at all stages. He poses more of a thread at any point during the laning phase as well as early team fights. Nas wins if he somehow obtains more farm than Trynd at late game and Trynd has been setback a great deal.
At equal farm, Trynd is still more of a threat.


I don't totally agree with this. If trynd destroys the laning phase sure, trynd dominates games when he comes fed out of a solo lane with enough levels to make him hard to kill while still building all damage. If it's even or trynd dies more than Nasus due to ganks I'd much prefer having nasus because all you need is shurelyas and glacial to just permanently cast wither on tryndamere and considering most of them don't even get mercs it kinda counters him outright because he's not tanky and I feel like nasus' w straight up counters any burst and chasing power he has while he has ultimate ready.

Nasus is really always useful with 40% cdr even if he doesn't do a lot of damage W is the most powerful ms/as slow in the game and it's up almost permanently against someone without mercs. He also provides free amourpen and is naturally one of the tankiest champs and has good base damage from the same ultimate. (I rarely see AD carries get mercs as well, but perhaps they'd get cleanse or QSS for the first 5 seconds).

It really comes down to top lane ganks IMO. Trynd is hard to gank but then again Nasus is really good at supporting ganks with wither. If a good counter gank comes off it's a win for trynd but it's not a sure fire bet either because Nasus with ultimate is basically unkillable in a 2v2 so is trynd so one of the junglers is going to die and it depends on what the junglers are.

I feel like the whole underfed Nasus = useless sentiment comes from people just rushing trinity with no CDR and then rushing in rambo and expecting everything to work out. There's no reason to put yourself in any danger on Nasus when you have a long ranged slow the only time you want to go in range of their carries is if they're already in range of your team which means they walked towards you and closer to your team instead of just you running solo into their team and getting bursted while your team isn't ready to react. If you slow someone you can either force a flash if your damage can threaten a kill from range or else make them initiate to save the guy. It's really hard to run away when withers almost always ready and you have shurelyas. Maybe if the target has mercs but if he doesn't he's really screwed.

what I've been doing vs tryn was to play passive for first 2-3 levels then try to bully him with wither+q every time he comes close to cs.

also I freaking hate trinity first nasus, its so stupid. I prefer going glacial+negatron and then some health (HoG or belt whatever) with a sheen thrown in and full tanky.

I like getting Shurelya's on Nasus. Gets you health, CDR, and the amazing active. Also philo stone is hella good sustain for passive play in the laning phase, which is kinda what nasus is all about. Usually like going cloth n 5 > philo/boots > FH/tankboots > FoN/Shurelya's and THEN trinity. Maybe an earlier sheen if there are a lot of teamfights.

The other thing I've found about Nasus is that if you do get the cdr early, then even if you're behind you can farm your q really, really fast. With 40% cdr you can usually get 9/10+ of the minions of a big wave with your Q without minions forcing you to last hit with autos.

I agree, though, trinity force first on Nasus is dumb. The only time to do it is when your team has a big lead and you can just win the game straight away; even then you might want at least FH to tank towers.
pschiu
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore410 Posts
December 21 2011 14:44 GMT
#2797
On December 21 2011 23:32 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 22:45 pschiu wrote:
Hmm, on SEA server where I play, we usually use two pings that form a vector describing the enemy movement. Like if enemy mid moves towards bottom lane, we would ping mid river, then bot river in quick succession. Also, even if the river is warded and everyone can clearly see the enemy moving towards bot, ping anyway because it makes a loud sound that draws attention.

(totally offtopic) yay, finally someone who plays on the SEA server! XD I made an acc on sea recently and was looking for people on TL who play on SEA.


Heh, we should have a SEA section for TL Summoner List imo. Don't really know why it isn't there, as I know some TLers *do* play on SEA. Might give me some motivation to play lol abit more again.
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
December 21 2011 14:46 GMT
#2798
SEA is fairly new so it just hasn't been updated for that yet most likely.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-21 15:01:09
December 21 2011 14:57 GMT
#2799
On December 21 2011 22:42 Flicky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 22:30 Haemonculus wrote:
On December 21 2011 22:28 spinesheath wrote:
On December 21 2011 22:24 Haemonculus wrote:
On December 21 2011 22:08 spinesheath wrote:
On December 21 2011 21:33 LoCicero wrote:
Here's something I think people should do more: ping the map if someone is missing. Don't just type it, I rarely read chat when I'm focused on trying to be aggressive in my lane. Use pings excessively, they're a very fast and efficient way of communicating. Even if your opposing laner is just in the brush, it's important to ping so your team can play defensive.

Problem:
Some people take every single ping as a "GO SUICIDE HERE" command.

Now I definitely agree, pings are a good way to get attention. But sadly sometimes you get the opposite effect, and instead of pulling back because Sion is coming for a gank, your top lane tries to intercept Sion and gets sandwiched to death.

So a seperate thing people should do more: Don't blindly react to pings (with whatever action), always evaluate the situation.

Might be better to use retreat pings when indicating that "hey mid is on his way down to murder both of you plz be cares!"

I dunno I find that calling MIAs is a crap shoot anyway. When I call it I spam it in caps like twice. "MID MIA" "MID MIA" just so people can't really miss it. But sometimes even with that, people are too busy last hitting or too focused on their lane to even notice.

It's probably just as effective to put wards in unusual places, (halfway down river, or like in that bush across from their wraiths) so that your bot/top lane can SEE the enemy coming to their lane.

Even then you still should ping because then you have a chance that they will actually LOOK at the minimap, which is required for seeing the enemy.

Obviously still ping.

But having a ward in the popular paths to other lanes at least solves the "Is that a 'run away' ping, or a 'GO THERE NOW' ping?" question for your other lanes.


On Europe servers, if you ping three times in a line, it means that the enemy is leaving that lane and travelling that direction towards you.

Also, there is a retreat ping that you can use.


That is exactly what I do.
Typing mia or ss in chat is so dumb from my perspective as a starcraft player.If you can be bothered to read the chat while playing than you shouldn't have any problems with watching the minimap.I understand that people get focused on csing and a lot of them are not used to watching the minimap all the time as us sc players but I'd rather ping them a couple of times to alert them than to write ss in a chat which,if they see,they should see that a lane is mia in the first place.
Mia,ss and re just clutters up the chat which annoys me because I have to than spend even more extra time scrolling up to find my damn timings on buffs/dragon/baron.
Just my perspective idk.
Cackle™
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
December 21 2011 15:02 GMT
#2800
On December 21 2011 23:43 Treadmill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2011 23:27 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
On December 21 2011 19:44 Slayer91 wrote:
On December 21 2011 13:26 NeoIllusions wrote:
saint rolling kids at 1200 elo as a 16 0 2 Shaco in 22 minutes. All is right in the world.

On December 21 2011 13:22 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
In the top lane matchup - Nasus vs tryn - who is supposed to have the advantage? Also how should you optimally open for both of them?


Trynd should have an advantage at all stages. He poses more of a thread at any point during the laning phase as well as early team fights. Nas wins if he somehow obtains more farm than Trynd at late game and Trynd has been setback a great deal.
At equal farm, Trynd is still more of a threat.


I don't totally agree with this. If trynd destroys the laning phase sure, trynd dominates games when he comes fed out of a solo lane with enough levels to make him hard to kill while still building all damage. If it's even or trynd dies more than Nasus due to ganks I'd much prefer having nasus because all you need is shurelyas and glacial to just permanently cast wither on tryndamere and considering most of them don't even get mercs it kinda counters him outright because he's not tanky and I feel like nasus' w straight up counters any burst and chasing power he has while he has ultimate ready.

Nasus is really always useful with 40% cdr even if he doesn't do a lot of damage W is the most powerful ms/as slow in the game and it's up almost permanently against someone without mercs. He also provides free amourpen and is naturally one of the tankiest champs and has good base damage from the same ultimate. (I rarely see AD carries get mercs as well, but perhaps they'd get cleanse or QSS for the first 5 seconds).

It really comes down to top lane ganks IMO. Trynd is hard to gank but then again Nasus is really good at supporting ganks with wither. If a good counter gank comes off it's a win for trynd but it's not a sure fire bet either because Nasus with ultimate is basically unkillable in a 2v2 so is trynd so one of the junglers is going to die and it depends on what the junglers are.

I feel like the whole underfed Nasus = useless sentiment comes from people just rushing trinity with no CDR and then rushing in rambo and expecting everything to work out. There's no reason to put yourself in any danger on Nasus when you have a long ranged slow the only time you want to go in range of their carries is if they're already in range of your team which means they walked towards you and closer to your team instead of just you running solo into their team and getting bursted while your team isn't ready to react. If you slow someone you can either force a flash if your damage can threaten a kill from range or else make them initiate to save the guy. It's really hard to run away when withers almost always ready and you have shurelyas. Maybe if the target has mercs but if he doesn't he's really screwed.

what I've been doing vs tryn was to play passive for first 2-3 levels then try to bully him with wither+q every time he comes close to cs.

also I freaking hate trinity first nasus, its so stupid. I prefer going glacial+negatron and then some health (HoG or belt whatever) with a sheen thrown in and full tanky.

I like getting Shurelya's on Nasus. Gets you health, CDR, and the amazing active. Also philo stone is hella good sustain for passive play in the laning phase, which is kinda what nasus is all about. Usually like going cloth n 5 > philo/boots > FH/tankboots > FoN/Shurelya's and THEN trinity. Maybe an earlier sheen if there are a lot of teamfights.

The other thing I've found about Nasus is that if you do get the cdr early, then even if you're behind you can farm your q really, really fast. With 40% cdr you can usually get 9/10+ of the minions of a big wave with your Q without minions forcing you to last hit with autos.

I agree, though, trinity force first on Nasus is dumb. The only time to do it is when your team has a big lead and you can just win the game straight away; even then you might want at least FH to tank towers.

Yeah the thing is that the 4k investment into trinity doesn't add to your damage that much. Better to go tanky and with CDR you have like a 2s cooldown on your q - tank everything and whack people to death.

@pschiu yeah. Maybe that or the SEA thread that neo started. We definitely need to have a list of sea players so we can play and practice together instead of playing with randoms. Maybe neo will read this and we can add that to the summoned list thread.
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
Prev 1 138 139 140 141 142 202 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20558
Calm 2155
Shuttle 336
White-Ra 179
Mini 165
ZZZero.O 126
firebathero 77
soO 9
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1594
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4906
Liquid`Hasu609
Other Games
summit1g8017
Liquid`RaSZi2254
FrodaN1838
fl0m1368
B2W.Neo929
olofmeister775
RotterdaM476
crisheroes321
IndyStarCraft 237
Pyrionflax198
Livibee194
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick959
BasetradeTV197
StarCraft 2
angryscii 21
EmSc Tv 21
EmSc2Tv 21
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1544
• Shiphtur668
• WagamamaTV365
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 33m
Replay Cast
2h 33m
OSC
15h 33m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.