• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:48
CEST 09:48
KST 16:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7087 users

[Patch 1.0.0.123: Skarner] General Discussion - Page 97

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 112 Next
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
August 22 2011 11:50 GMT
#1921
On August 22 2011 20:45 Abenson wrote:
Guys, I have enought RP to buy bloodstone taric, but I'm hoping that he'll go on sale sometime later.
Is it just wishful thinkin? Or should I wait

He will, every champ that's not legendary (or epic or whatever they're called) does go sooner or later. Though the "later" may mean "veeeeery late"
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 22 2011 11:56 GMT
#1922
guys i found the new meta: all support

[image loading]

the strategy is like 4 man gank top and take tower at start of game, have jungle taric go godlike for a bit, then morgana gets a delayed penta while sona backdoors 6 towers

it's pretty legit
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 12:00:27
August 22 2011 11:59 GMT
#1923
On August 22 2011 20:50 Kaniol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 20:45 Abenson wrote:
Guys, I have enought RP to buy bloodstone taric, but I'm hoping that he'll go on sale sometime later.
Is it just wishful thinkin? Or should I wait

He will, every champ that's not legendary (or epic or whatever they're called) does go sooner or later. Though the "later" may mean "veeeeery late"


He should just buy 5th age instead of settling for the 2nd best 975 RP skin, imo.

e: Jungle Taric es #2 after Jungle Soraka.
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
August 22 2011 12:05 GMT
#1924
Also, I just realized: There are two champions in the game with natural AP scaling on autoattacks, and both are OP as fuck.
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 12:15:30
August 22 2011 12:15 GMT
#1925
On August 22 2011 20:56 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
guys i found the new meta: all support

[image loading]

the strategy is like 4 man gank top and take tower at start of game, have jungle taric go godlike for a bit, then morgana gets a delayed penta while sona backdoors 6 towers

it's pretty legit


Some of LP do this ocassionally.

We always win! Intrix ap mid janna, I play solo top or duo top karma, someone gets soraka and sona and someone else jungles taric or goes top lane taric. Ezpz. Alistar was used once but he doesn't REALLY count. Morgana doesn't count either. Karma is a little eh as well.

Lux definitely doesn't count!
Therealdevil
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands1021 Posts
August 22 2011 13:03 GMT
#1926
I played Kayle, who, despite of having a shield, heal and buff, is not a support
Woony
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany6657 Posts
August 22 2011 13:12 GMT
#1927
On August 22 2011 21:05 Niton wrote:
Also, I just realized: There are two champions in the game with natural AP scaling on autoattacks, and both are OP as fuck.

orianna and?
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
August 22 2011 13:16 GMT
#1928
On August 22 2011 22:12 Woony wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 21:05 Niton wrote:
Also, I just realized: There are two champions in the game with natural AP scaling on autoattacks, and both are OP as fuck.

orianna and?

Rumble
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 13:17:02
August 22 2011 13:16 GMT
#1929
On August 22 2011 22:12 Woony wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 21:05 Niton wrote:
Also, I just realized: There are two champions in the game with natural AP scaling on autoattacks, and both are OP as fuck.

orianna and?


Jax! .7 AP ratio on every third autoattack with no additional user input once he has his ult.

oh I guess Rumble kinda counts too, but I was thinking 'always on'. Is he still op?
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
August 22 2011 13:23 GMT
#1930
Yeah i thought that you meant jax (since you didn't say anything about "starting passives" but wanted to troll you especially since rumble is underplayed nowadays, tho i think he IS op or close to being op)
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
August 22 2011 13:30 GMT
#1931
On August 22 2011 20:56 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
guys i found the new meta: all support

[image loading]

the strategy is like 4 man gank top and take tower at start of game, have jungle taric go godlike for a bit, then morgana gets a delayed penta while sona backdoors 6 towers

it's pretty legit

Next patch is going to be the start of carry gunblade taric. It is going to be EPIC.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
-Kato-
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain1146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 13:35:21
August 22 2011 13:33 GMT
#1932
On August 22 2011 22:12 Woony wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 21:05 Niton wrote:
Also, I just realized: There are two champions in the game with natural AP scaling on autoattacks, and both are OP as fuck.

orianna and?


Teemo? Chogath? Kennen a bit..
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
August 22 2011 13:37 GMT
#1933
On August 22 2011 22:33 -Kato- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 22:12 Woony wrote:
On August 22 2011 21:05 Niton wrote:
Also, I just realized: There are two champions in the game with natural AP scaling on autoattacks, and both are OP as fuck.

orianna and?


Teemo? Chogath?


I will accept this, but note that they are both OP. Teemo OP taunt, Cho'gath OP big.
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
August 22 2011 13:49 GMT
#1934
Seeing Dyrus dive 2 towers to get a Soraka kill, I really think I did something wrong when I tried Singed...
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
August 22 2011 14:08 GMT
#1935
On August 22 2011 20:45 Niton wrote:
It is just a stat enhancement, but it's currently a ridiculously powerful one. Here's some common items on Jax and their HP equivalency:

Hextech Gunblade: 330 HP
Atma's Impaler (base HP): 114 HP -> 2 AD -> 6 HP (120 HP)
Rylai's Crystal Scepter: 160 HP
Guinsoo's Rageblade: 195 HP (Unstacked) / 291 HP (Fully Stacked)

Dunno what else is/can be good on him, but consider this normal build:

3x DBlade = (3)90 Health, 30 AD
Hextech = 330 Health, 60 AD, 75 AP
Atma's = 52 AD (2637) -> 156 HP -> 3 AD (55 AD) -> 9 HP (167 HP)

For buying just those items, Jax winds up with a total of 887 health, vs the 300 those 3 would totally grant. 587 is a whole lot of health - about 1.33 Giant's Belts. And that's with a half-'finished' build.

Edit: Yes, I know that that weighs against other champion's passives. But health is a tangible thing, and Jax is one of the few champions blessed with ability passives as well. Health is also unusually effective on someone with 20% dodge, 100 armor and 100+ MR who's building pure offense aside from his boots.

Completely irrelevant without considering his other attributes/skills/etc.

Let's consider a Blitzcrank with Triforce and Banshee's. That's 1605 mana at lvl 18. His passive basically gives him 803 HP pretty much every time he gets low. That's WAY stronger than Jax' passive.

You can't compare passives with each other and draw any conclusions. You ALWAYS have to look at the champion as a whole.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
August 22 2011 14:18 GMT
#1936
So I'm pretty new to LoL, only level 8. I've got good friends to play with, but I'm having trouble deciding which champion to buy first. I much prefer ranged characters, and I like having high damage output. They pointed me at Lux, Ezreal, and Brand. I've been playing Lux (she was free), and she's nice for the utility she brings, but she doesn't really seem to have a big damage ability. Maybe I'm just using her wrong? Or using the wrong build?

Are Ezreal and Brand worth buying, or should I wait until they're free to try them out? Or should I stick with Lux and get better?
It's your boy Guzma!
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
August 22 2011 14:28 GMT
#1937
On August 22 2011 23:18 Requizen wrote:
So I'm pretty new to LoL, only level 8. I've got good friends to play with, but I'm having trouble deciding which champion to buy first. I much prefer ranged characters, and I like having high damage output. They pointed me at Lux, Ezreal, and Brand. I've been playing Lux (she was free), and she's nice for the utility she brings, but she doesn't really seem to have a big damage ability. Maybe I'm just using her wrong? Or using the wrong build?

Are Ezreal and Brand worth buying, or should I wait until they're free to try them out? Or should I stick with Lux and get better?


def stick to free to play chars for a good while. you get to see a nice selection of the chars, and some are so expensive, if you waste any points on ones u end up not liking it will take forever to buy the char you do like.
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
August 22 2011 14:28 GMT
#1938
On August 22 2011 23:18 Requizen wrote:
So I'm pretty new to LoL, only level 8. I've got good friends to play with, but I'm having trouble deciding which champion to buy first. I much prefer ranged characters, and I like having high damage output. They pointed me at Lux, Ezreal, and Brand. I've been playing Lux (she was free), and she's nice for the utility she brings, but she doesn't really seem to have a big damage ability. Maybe I'm just using her wrong? Or using the wrong build?

Are Ezreal and Brand worth buying, or should I wait until they're free to try them out? Or should I stick with Lux and get better?

Nowadays, I'd say that Brand is the stronger among these three.
But if you like ranged character with high damage, any ranged AD carry can do it (Ashe, Caitlyn, Tristana (free to get on facebook), Vayne, etc...).
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
August 22 2011 14:36 GMT
#1939
But you don't think Lux is good as a mage type for damage? With her CC she seems good for team fights, but I obviously haven't played a whole lot.
It's your boy Guzma!
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
August 22 2011 14:39 GMT
#1940
On August 22 2011 22:16 Niton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 22:12 Woony wrote:
On August 22 2011 21:05 Niton wrote:
Also, I just realized: There are two champions in the game with natural AP scaling on autoattacks, and both are OP as fuck.

orianna and?


Jax! .7 AP ratio on every third autoattack with no additional user input once he has his ult.

oh I guess Rumble kinda counts too, but I was thinking 'always on'. Is he still op?


I thought you were going to say Akali.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 112 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1007
910 738
ggaemo 710
actioN 643
Mong 255
Shuttle 113
Dewaltoss 92
Leta 89
Yoon 77
yabsab 43
[ Show more ]
soO 31
Hm[arnc] 30
Bale 26
Aegong 17
Noble 14
Dota 2
Fuzer 84
League of Legends
JimRising 558
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss375
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor842
Other Games
summit1g8582
olofmeister666
ceh9543
Happy300
Mew2King108
ArmadaUGS25
trigger15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2319
League of Legends
• Rush1295
• Stunt444
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 12m
OSC
14h 12m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.