• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:00
CEST 02:00
KST 09:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9448 users

[Patch 1.0.0.123: Skarner] General Discussion - Page 99

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 112 Next
Kaneh
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada737 Posts
August 22 2011 17:16 GMT
#1961
On August 23 2011 00:24 Two_DoWn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 00:15 tyCe wrote:
On August 23 2011 00:12 Requizen wrote:
Interesting. I suppose I need to just work on my skillshots. Last night I just got frustrated with her because my lane buddy went afk half the match and I was solo v Cho'Gath and Miss Fortune. It was... terrrrrible.

But yeah, she's fun. I feel like she lacks the "pew pew you're dead" that other carries can pull off, but the control is really nice, especially for assists.

Yeah, that's what I find as well. Lux is really fun to play and offers really good utility in 1v1, skirmishes and big teamfights due to the AoE/multiple-target of all of her skills, but she definitely lacks the insane burst of carries like Annie.

Thats actually false. Her upfront burst is equal to most casters.

Her ult is .75 ratio with 500 max base, 7 on q (260 base), and 6 on e (240 base).

Annie on the other hand, is 245 base .7 ratio on q, 280 .75 on w, and 450 .7 on tibbers.

So she loses .1 ap ratio and has slightly higher base damages than annie.

Her cooldowns are longer than annies, but her cc is at least equal, and her spell distances are MUCH better than annies. Lux can sit back and pewpew while annie is stuck having to go ahead and march forward to her death. Combined with the fact that you are likely to get a second ult off in a longer teamfight, Lux actually compares really well.


annie has one of the lowest "pure" bursts - tibbers burn+auto is a huge component of annie's damage. the fact that tibber's aura scales with AP also makes her scale much better than advertised.

lux's "extra" burst comes from auto attack procs, so she definately isn't as strong as you make her out to be. her ap ratios are balls low, and the cooldowns on her regular spells are pretty bad as well. Her biggest advantage is her range, which allows her to build nothing but squish even if you don't have a reliable team.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
August 22 2011 17:23 GMT
#1962
I swear to god, Tibbers is like, twice as strong as a fucking champion these days. that son of a bitch hits like a goddamn truck and lasts way too fucking long. I hate when I'm like, "haha, Annie cast her combo too early and I didn't die to it" only to be chased all the way back to my fucking fountain by Tibbers anyway.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23441 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 17:27:45
August 22 2011 17:27 GMT
#1963
Haha, back when I played annie around when I just hit 30 (before and after) when I wouldn't be able to burst them I'd just put down tibbers to push lane attack champion and give me total lane dominance haha.

(Better to be able to gank without ulti than to not be able to gank or be able to kill like a lane nunu or whatever the fuck op sustain lanes I used to have to lane against as annie in low elo haha)
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
August 22 2011 17:27 GMT
#1964
So to show some optimism, since most of the "i had a streak in ranks" is complaining: i went 4-1 in ranks today, hoooray! One game i even went 4/7/6, akali jumped every TF on me, killed me and got away (i think i was doing it wrong in lane - should really not lane aggressively vs akali because if it works she will focus you all the time in teamfights lol) but I got carried anyway so it's all ok.

Inb4 10 games loss spreak with godlike stats because of karma (karma - karma, not karma - champ)
kepael
Profile Joined July 2011
United States177 Posts
August 22 2011 17:28 GMT
#1965
On August 23 2011 02:23 Mogwai wrote:
I swear to god, Tibbers is like, twice as strong as a fucking champion these days. that son of a bitch hits like a goddamn truck and lasts way too fucking long. I hate when I'm like, "haha, Annie cast her combo too early and I didn't die to it" only to be chased all the way back to my fucking fountain by Tibbers anyway.



I fucking hate it too, Annie has by far the strongest level 6 in the game IMO. It's near impossible to stand 1v1 with her until you have the mandatory negatron cloak. Tibbers needs a goddamn nerf.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
August 22 2011 17:29 GMT
#1966
On August 23 2011 02:23 Mogwai wrote:
I swear to god, Tibbers is like, twice as strong as a fucking champion these days. that son of a bitch hits like a goddamn truck and lasts way too fucking long. I hate when I'm like, "haha, Annie cast her combo too early and I didn't die to it" only to be chased all the way back to my fucking fountain by Tibbers anyway.


Have you seen my bear Tibbers?

Last scene chasing Smash to his fountain
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 17:30:43
August 22 2011 17:30 GMT
#1967
On August 23 2011 02:23 Mogwai wrote:
I swear to god, Tibbers is like, twice as strong as a fucking champion these days. that son of a bitch hits like a goddamn truck and lasts way too fucking long. I hate when I'm like, "haha, Annie cast her combo too early and I didn't die to it" only to be chased all the way back to my fucking fountain by Tibbers anyway.


h4h4h4, I can totally sense SmashRage in this post.

f'ing tibbers, stupid bear
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
HyperionDreamer
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1528 Posts
August 22 2011 17:31 GMT
#1968
On August 23 2011 02:28 kepael wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 02:23 Mogwai wrote:
I swear to god, Tibbers is like, twice as strong as a fucking champion these days. that son of a bitch hits like a goddamn truck and lasts way too fucking long. I hate when I'm like, "haha, Annie cast her combo too early and I didn't die to it" only to be chased all the way back to my fucking fountain by Tibbers anyway.



I fucking hate it too, Annie has by far the strongest level 6 in the game IMO. It's near impossible to stand 1v1 with her until you have the mandatory negatron cloak. Tibbers needs a goddamn nerf.

Orianna's level 6 is pretty damned strong too...
BW4life! Jaedong ~ Savior ~ Shine ; "drowning sorrows in late night infomercials" - bnYsooch
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
August 22 2011 17:32 GMT
#1969
On August 23 2011 02:16 Kaneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 00:24 Two_DoWn wrote:
On August 23 2011 00:15 tyCe wrote:
On August 23 2011 00:12 Requizen wrote:
Interesting. I suppose I need to just work on my skillshots. Last night I just got frustrated with her because my lane buddy went afk half the match and I was solo v Cho'Gath and Miss Fortune. It was... terrrrrible.

But yeah, she's fun. I feel like she lacks the "pew pew you're dead" that other carries can pull off, but the control is really nice, especially for assists.

Yeah, that's what I find as well. Lux is really fun to play and offers really good utility in 1v1, skirmishes and big teamfights due to the AoE/multiple-target of all of her skills, but she definitely lacks the insane burst of carries like Annie.

Thats actually false. Her upfront burst is equal to most casters.

Her ult is .75 ratio with 500 max base, 7 on q (260 base), and 6 on e (240 base).

Annie on the other hand, is 245 base .7 ratio on q, 280 .75 on w, and 450 .7 on tibbers.

So she loses .1 ap ratio and has slightly higher base damages than annie.

Her cooldowns are longer than annies, but her cc is at least equal, and her spell distances are MUCH better than annies. Lux can sit back and pewpew while annie is stuck having to go ahead and march forward to her death. Combined with the fact that you are likely to get a second ult off in a longer teamfight, Lux actually compares really well.


annie has one of the lowest "pure" bursts - tibbers burn+auto is a huge component of annie's damage. the fact that tibber's aura scales with AP also makes her scale much better than advertised.

lux's "extra" burst comes from auto attack procs, so she definately isn't as strong as you make her out to be. her ap ratios are balls low, and the cooldowns on her regular spells are pretty bad as well. Her biggest advantage is her range, which allows her to build nothing but squish even if you don't have a reliable team.

An ap ratio of .7 is far from "balls low."

For comparison with the 2 other strong ap carries atm:

Brand: q-240, .65; w-260, .6; e-210, .55; r- 350, .5.
Orianna: q-220, .6; w-270, .5; r-300, .7

So Lux has BETTER ap ratios than the best ap carries in the game, not balls low ones.

The only thing that holds her back is long cooldowns on her abilities, and even those arent so bad. Her q and e are 11 seconds, and her ulti as noted is absurdly low. For more comparisons:

Ori's w is at 9 (q is 4), Brand's w is 10 (q and e are 6 and 8), while annie q is low, (4) her w is 8. With cdr, your looking at about a second and a half difference. The trade off is the fact that the enemy should never even have to see you.

So yes, a full ap lux is one of the best burst ap casters in the game.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
GranDim
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Canada1214 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 17:40:35
August 22 2011 17:40 GMT
#1970
You forgot Orianna E

Active: Orianna commands her ball to travel to and attach onto an allied champion, shielding them for 4/4/4/4/4 seconds from the next 80/120/160/200/240 (+0.6) damage. Enemies the ball passes through along the way are damaged for 75/75/75/75/75% of the shield value: 60/90/120/150/180 (+).
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 17:42:13
August 22 2011 17:41 GMT
#1971
Did somebody just say Lux has low AP ratios????? Are they playing the same game as me?

edit: lol I forgot TL goes by Korean time. I'm 21 in korea, woooooo!
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
HAL9OOO
Profile Joined January 2011
United States176 Posts
August 22 2011 17:41 GMT
#1972
If this is now a QQ about annie thread I think I can fill up a couple pages myself....... fuck that bitch. She always had strong early game but oh mai god she didn't scale well into late so what she has a strong early FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU aoe stun isnt good enough for you.
HyperionDreamer
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1528 Posts
August 22 2011 17:49 GMT
#1973
My favourite moments against annie are when I'm playing brand or ori (my two ap soloq stompers) and I completely win the first 5 levels, she's like half HP and i'm full with 2 hp pots still left, i'm 15 cs ahead, we both hit level 6 and all of a sudden its like flashRQWgg.....

But seriously, I don't have that much of a problem with annie. The casters that I normally play all hurt her in lane pretty hard, and if you're fast enough at level 6 you can counterflash when she wants to do the flash+instagib combo. She's even more annoying in midgame than in lane imo, since she can stunlock a whole teamfight when combined with alistar...
BW4life! Jaedong ~ Savior ~ Shine ; "drowning sorrows in late night infomercials" - bnYsooch
broz0rs
Profile Joined July 2008
United States2294 Posts
August 22 2011 18:03 GMT
#1974
On August 23 2011 00:12 Requizen wrote:
Interesting. I suppose I need to just work on my skillshots. Last night I just got frustrated with her because my lane buddy went afk half the match and I was solo v Cho'Gath and Miss Fortune. It was... terrrrrible.

But yeah, she's fun. I feel like she lacks the "pew pew you're dead" that other carries can pull off, but the control is really nice, especially for assists.


I think it's counter intuitive to get mad at your selected champ because in that situation there's not much you can do except fall back to your tower. Your goal in that situation is to get as much last hits as you can. Lux should be a decent champ because of her range to safely get cs. They also can't dive you (unless you are low on health) because of the tower and you'll be 2+ levels higher than your opponents.

In other words, it may seem difficult now, but 4v5 is absolutely winnable especially in low level normal games. It really depends on your patience early on.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
August 22 2011 18:03 GMT
#1975
On August 23 2011 02:03 HyperionDreamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 01:22 Southlight wrote:
On August 23 2011 01:05 HyperionDreamer wrote:
On August 23 2011 00:14 LaNague wrote:
u can just build soulstealer with her, cause you are 1km away from a fight and still get all the assists.
Then lategame you can spam your ultimate and be scary.

Don't ever build soulstealer... It's akin to 4 pooling every game in SC (thanks to whoever used this analogy first, it's awesome), and you'll improve so much faster by learning to play without snowballing items. Soulstealer/Sword of the Occult/Leviathan can work at low levels where a few stacks can change the entire game since people don't know how to stop it, but as you improve and get to higher levels of play, people know how to stop you from stacking.


Depends on the hero to be honest, even at high levels Soulstealer on Karthus for instance is absolutely brutal. Statikk and I favored (I think he still does?) SS on Kassadin sidelane. The list of such things goes on.

Maybe Karthus is an exception because of his ulti which allows you to get stacks from the other side of the map.... I still think that a high level team will key on you if you're trying to keep stacks - does anyone know what number of stacks that SS starts to be cost-efficient?


It's hard to focus stack heroes whose job it is to be a dick. It's just hard to use them in organized play because most people play so conservative and make few mistakes, but in lower-skill games/solo queue snowball items are pretty good and cost-effective, for a very high-reward situ.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
August 22 2011 18:04 GMT
#1976
On August 23 2011 01:05 HyperionDreamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 00:14 LaNague wrote:
u can just build soulstealer with her, cause you are 1km away from a fight and still get all the assists.
Then lategame you can spam your ultimate and be scary.

Don't ever build soulstealer... It's akin to 4 pooling every game in SC (thanks to whoever used this analogy first, it's awesome), and you'll improve so much faster by learning to play without snowballing items. Soulstealer/Sword of the Occult/Leviathan can work at low levels where a few stacks can change the entire game since people don't know how to stop it, but as you improve and get to higher levels of play, people know how to stop you from stacking.

Soulstealer is great on Lux IF there are a lot of kills (on both sides). I'd say that 1900 elo still easily has enough kills to make Soulstealer on Lux viable in some matches.
Don't get it against a Nocturne or something like that though.

On August 23 2011 02:06 nyxnyxnyx wrote:
5 stacks almost even
6 ur profitting

No. Pretty much every non-base offense item is more than just cost efficient. You have to compare Soulstealer to the items you could have instead (by the time you get it stacked), not base items. You probably will have to compensate for the lack of AP you had before you got those stacks up as well.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 18:18:04
August 22 2011 18:17 GMT
#1977
Karma's level 6 is stronger than Orianna and Annie's. Honestly, I don't understand the Orianna boners people have in lane. I played her in lane this one time and she just felt like a shittier version of Karma (I'm not even kidding at all). LeBlanc has the stupidest level 6 though IMHO.

anyway, yes, I rage at tibbers, but it's just because he lasts like, fucking 45 seconds and you can't kill him without taking twelve hundred thousand damage at level 6 when Annie has negative 50 AP (let's not even talk about trying to kill that fucker when Annie is level 16 and has positive AP...).
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
August 22 2011 18:17 GMT
#1978
Hahah, yeah, I've never lost to Ori 1v1 in lane as Ire/Malz, always got my farm up and always pushed them out and beat them in CS.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
August 22 2011 18:30 GMT
#1979
Not that my vote counts for much, but I have yet to figure out how to dominate a lane as Ori. Her ball makes her damage unreliable, and while the shield is nice to block damage, her other abilities seem to be best suited for farming or semi zoning. Her ult at level 6 is nice, but before then she seems kinda meh to me.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
August 22 2011 18:37 GMT
#1980
Honestly i bought orianna trying to be pro but i suck at her sooooo much, especially when one time enemies sent mf vs me i felt so helpless. I'm usually banning Ori though just because the possibility of enemy raping ur team with her is almost as high as the chance that your teammate will suck hard with her. I don't ever trust champs with high skill cap in solo q (it used to be the same motivation to ban eve for me)
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 112 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings9
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 148
Vindicta 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9933
Rain 1158
Artosis 593
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift4331
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox648
Mew2King319
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1024
Other Games
summit1g10591
Day[9].tv609
shahzam576
JimRising 551
PiGStarcraft209
C9.Mang0168
ArmadaUGS66
NeuroSwarm60
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 63
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie760
• Day9tv609
• Scarra524
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
13h
OSC
22h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.