• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:33
CEST 19:33
KST 02:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8811 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 407

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 405 406 407 408 409 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-23 15:51:06
April 23 2015 15:46 GMT
#8121
On April 23 2015 19:35 Random_0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2015 00:46 kingjames01 wrote:
The Gold gain is fine.

I am completely F2P and I currently have 72385 Gold. I own 6 Heroes, (the 2000 Gold heroes, and I got Valla from pre-ordering Reaper of Souls).

If I wanted to, I could purchase 12 more Heroes with the Gold I currently have (the six 4000 Gold Heroes, and six more 10000 Gold Heroes).

I made a spreadsheet that I keep updated that tells me, if I were to get all of the Heroes up to Level 20, then I would have 205135 Gold. That's enough to buy every Hero currently released except for two of the 10000 Gold Heroes.

It is EXTREMELY significant that Blizzard added more sources to gain Gold. If they didn't add the rewards at Hero Level 15 and Hero Level 20, my potential Gold total at this moment would only be 73885 Gold. (I am only missing 3 Hero Level 5 Rewards).

Also, you might get 30 Gold per game, but I only get 10 Gold, because I play Co-operative.



This post is astonishing. Do you play this game to acquire gold or have fun?


haha, well, there are reasons why I do what I'm doing.

The main one is that I play from a laptop. However, the power cable for my Targus cooling pad got damaged. So now I'm unable/unwilling to play matches where my teammates have some vested interest beyond having fun. I've tried playing Ranked Mode but, I will lag or drop frames during moments where there is a lot of action, which is the absolute worst possible time in Heroes of the Storm.

(Edit: Trust me, you don't want a Healer who can't see the fight, or a Tank that can't use their abilities on time. When I'm lagging, I often have to aim my skill shots in places where I think it will be needed half a second or more in advance.)

Since I don't want to lose any of my Daily Quests, I choose to complete them in Co-op Mode. I do not agree that Co-op Mode is not fun though. I meet a lot of interesting people and we spend a lot of our time joking and chatting. It's just a different sort of fun.

Since I don't have any desire to break into the competitive scene, I don't feel the urge to improve my MMR. I just do my Daily Quest before bed and then I go to sleep.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
hipo
Profile Joined November 2010
France482 Posts
April 23 2015 19:22 GMT
#8122
Gamers2 picking Zeratul + Nova vers Well Met and now Fnatic going triple tank vs Arthas... There is some pretty fun comp today in Heroes Major League EU :D
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
April 23 2015 19:47 GMT
#8123
I have said it in the past (with basically no one agreeing with me) that I really dislike the current daily quest system because it forces me to do things I don't want to do. I don't want to play 10 games a day I want to play a handful on a daily basis. But I also don't want to play quick I want to play ranked. However I can't tell if in the 3 games I play that day if I'm going to play a starcraft hero, an assassin or whatever my daily quest says I need to do. Blizzard has stated it's gold gain is tuned with the idea that you complete your daily quests which is why the post-game gold is fairly low. So I feel almost forced to just go into quick or coop to complete these quests which is not very fun to me. I'd far prefer a +200g for "First game of the day" and +200g for "First win of the day."
Wat
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
April 23 2015 20:00 GMT
#8124
First game or win of the day bonuses suck for people who don't play every day though. I'd much rather have three daily quests that I can stack up and burn through quickly in coop if the stars align such that I haven't progressed just playing normally. Keep in mind you're only really losing gold if you don't have space to attain another quest; doing your daily quest daily is inefficient.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22659 Posts
April 23 2015 20:02 GMT
#8125
On April 24 2015 04:47 Tenks wrote:
I have said it in the past (with basically no one agreeing with me) that I really dislike the current daily quest system because it forces me to do things I don't want to do. I don't want to play 10 games a day I want to play a handful on a daily basis. But I also don't want to play quick I want to play ranked. However I can't tell if in the 3 games I play that day if I'm going to play a starcraft hero, an assassin or whatever my daily quest says I need to do. Blizzard has stated it's gold gain is tuned with the idea that you complete your daily quests which is why the post-game gold is fairly low. So I feel almost forced to just go into quick or coop to complete these quests which is not very fun to me. I'd far prefer a +200g for "First game of the day" and +200g for "First win of the day."

the play x games you can just do slowly. you get 1 quest and can hold 3 after all. but the hero type ones are indeed annoying. Esp if your new and have a very limited set of Hero's to chose from.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
April 23 2015 20:13 GMT
#8126
On April 24 2015 05:00 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
First game or win of the day bonuses suck for people who don't play every day though. I'd much rather have three daily quests that I can stack up and burn through quickly in coop if the stars align such that I haven't progressed just playing normally. Keep in mind you're only really losing gold if you don't have space to attain another quest; doing your daily quest daily is inefficient.


I wouldn't mind a bonus pool type deal where you generate 200 bonus pool per day for your win bonus with a cap of like 600 or something. I've just had this "Play 3 games as support" for a week now because I haven't needed to play support in any games I've played.
Wat
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 23 2015 20:22 GMT
#8127
I imagine they'll implement a re-roll like HS or have they stated otherwise? Also if it hasn't stopped you from getting a new quest you haven't lost any gold as Gorsameth pointed out.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
April 23 2015 20:38 GMT
#8128
On April 24 2015 05:00 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
First game or win of the day bonuses suck for people who don't play every day though. I'd much rather have three daily quests that I can stack up and burn through quickly in coop if the stars align such that I haven't progressed just playing normally. Keep in mind you're only really losing gold if you don't have space to attain another quest; doing your daily quest daily is inefficient.


Small nitpick is if you hold high value quests in log (play 8 / win 3) then you can't get them again the next day. On the other hand you can just hold onto those little 200g quests to increase your odds of getting something worth more too.
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-23 21:24:09
April 23 2015 21:22 GMT
#8129
On April 24 2015 05:38 Wuster wrote:
Small nitpick is if you hold high value quests in log (play 8 / win 3) then you can't get them again the next day. On the other hand you can just hold onto those little 200g quests to increase your odds of getting something worth more too.


This was not true in the past. Several times I've received the Play 8 game Daily Quest back to back.

It's true for Hearthstone that you cannot receive a Daily Quest which you just completed in the past few days, but as far as I know, it wasn't true for Heroes of the Storm even recently.

Edit: Oh, I see. You mean, you cannot get the same Daily Quest if you have not completed it. Then yes, that's true. When I get the Play 8 Daily Quest, I make it a priority to get it done before I receive a new one. I've had it twice in the last 5 days.

Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
April 23 2015 22:37 GMT
#8130
On April 23 2015 21:13 mordek wrote:
a) you can have fun playing computers


There is no victory but razing your enemy's cities, taking hold of his dear ones, and spitting on him as he cowers in the dirt saying, "Enough... You are my better!"
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
April 23 2015 22:53 GMT
#8131
Well I really wonder why they don't do the heroes system, where you can exchange 1 quest for another per day. But maybe they want to prevent that everyone plays just one type or something.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 23 2015 22:56 GMT
#8132
That would be the dream! I have an alt account that I can only play Nova on. It's hard grinding 10k on free Nova week off 30g a game.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46510 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-24 01:11:36
April 24 2015 01:11 GMT
#8133
With the list of 3 daily quest slots, do current quests ever disappear to make room for new daily quests, if your list is full of 3 current quests? Or do your current 3 quests stay as is and never get replaced until you complete one and open up a slot? (I've been making sure to always leave at least one slot open each day, so I don't know. Usually I'll alternate between skipping a day and then doing 2-3 quests that I can stack together, like Specialist + StarCraft hero quests simultaneously.)
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Big G
Profile Joined April 2011
Italy835 Posts
April 24 2015 01:28 GMT
#8134
On April 24 2015 07:53 FeyFey wrote:
Well I really wonder why they don't do the heroes system, where you can exchange 1 quest for another per day. But maybe they want to prevent that everyone plays just one type or something.

To be fair, HotS quests don't require to win games (except for one)... so I guess they aren't that annoying in comparison to the Hearthstone ones.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 24 2015 01:35 GMT
#8135
On April 24 2015 10:11 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
With the list of 3 daily quest slots, do current quests ever disappear to make room for new daily quests, if your list is full of 3 current quests? Or do your current 3 quests stay as is and never get replaced until you complete one and open up a slot? (I've been making sure to always leave at least one slot open each day, so I don't know. Usually I'll alternate between skipping a day and then doing 2-3 quests that I can stack together, like Specialist + StarCraft hero quests simultaneously.)


They don't disappear.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46510 Posts
April 24 2015 01:59 GMT
#8136
On April 24 2015 10:35 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2015 10:11 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
With the list of 3 daily quest slots, do current quests ever disappear to make room for new daily quests, if your list is full of 3 current quests? Or do your current 3 quests stay as is and never get replaced until you complete one and open up a slot? (I've been making sure to always leave at least one slot open each day, so I don't know. Usually I'll alternate between skipping a day and then doing 2-3 quests that I can stack together, like Specialist + StarCraft hero quests simultaneously.)


They don't disappear.


Thanks All the more reason for me to get accustomed to each hero class, since I like collecting that gold ^^
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Darkened
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Bulgaria105 Posts
April 24 2015 14:52 GMT
#8137
Can anyone tell me how highlighting heroes in HL works? I've noticed sometimes people are able to see enemy highlighted heroes, sometimes they aren't able to. What's the rule there?
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
April 24 2015 22:28 GMT
#8138
You arent supoused to see enemy highlighted heroes, they have to pick them, so maybe a bug.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 24 2015 23:15 GMT
#8139
I'm not sure if they fixed it yet, but there's a bug where sometimes you aren't able to lock in a hero if a player has it highlighted, on either team. So you can sweep for enemy picks by highlighting each hero and see which one you can't lock in.
shin ken
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Germany614 Posts
April 26 2015 16:14 GMT
#8140
I was randomly watching Heroes of the Storm on Twitch last night, and quite entertained by the (at the time most viewed) streamer.

Unfortunately I was logged of and thus not able to follow him and forgot the name overnight.
He was playing every hero requested by the chat and did give some nice beginners advice while singing alot.

Anyone got an idea who I was watching?
Prev 1 405 406 407 408 409 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 208
ProTech155
BRAT_OK 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16157
Leta 1045
Shuttle 531
Horang2 227
Trap 124
firebathero 120
Zeus 83
Hyun 56
Bale 48
soO 48
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 34
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 15
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
qojqva1894
Dendi1572
420jenkins463
Counter-Strike
fl0m4463
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu382
Other Games
Grubby2019
FrodaN715
Beastyqt699
KnowMe211
Livibee138
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick431
StarCraft 2
angryscii 11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 55
• printf 46
• Adnapsc2 19
• Hinosc 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach108
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 10
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1574
Other Games
• Shiphtur635
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 27m
Patches Events
21h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.