• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:34
CEST 19:34
KST 02:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8879 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 406

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 404 405 406 407 408 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
dae
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada1600 Posts
April 21 2015 15:56 GMT
#8101
On April 21 2015 07:08 FeyFey wrote:
I like Chen the moment I have battle momentum. He dies so fast then.

Haven't thought about the Hack thing, but with Heroes nearing release ... accounts can be remade in a few clicks, since you don't have to pay anything and can botfarm gold in coop. So people would be even more tempted.


Still takes a long while to level up enough to do Ranked/Team League, and cheating in quick match is.... why bother.

Right now I'm guessing that the game is maphackable, due to how the reconnect feature works, but I could be wrong.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
April 21 2015 15:59 GMT
#8102
I don't understand why so many guys are creating alt accounts. Seems like a needless pain in the ass to me.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
April 21 2015 16:33 GMT
#8103
I am still worried about the stim pack. But I am sure they will make it hard to botfarm.

I like to make new characters in many games, the progression is faster and more to my liking. And it is nice to revisit the starting area with you knowing all its secrets ... and in competitive games that rank you ... well some like to own noobs from time to time.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
April 21 2015 23:28 GMT
#8104
Well my team just was moved into the ESL Major League after Goat Gaming disbanded, pretty excited! Teams are so strong in the Majors, going to be a tough road for us. So ESV fighting!
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22659 Posts
April 21 2015 23:29 GMT
#8105
On April 22 2015 08:28 Diamond wrote:
Well my team just was moved into the ESL Major League after Goat Gaming disbanded, pretty excited! Teams are so strong in the Majors, going to be a tough road for us. So ESV fighting!

Good luck
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
April 22 2015 13:05 GMT
#8106
On April 22 2015 00:59 xDaunt wrote:
I don't understand why so many guys are creating alt accounts. Seems like a needless pain in the ass to me.


the change of pace in the gain of gold seems to incentive the alt accounts.
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
April 22 2015 13:41 GMT
#8107
On April 21 2015 06:31 Heyoka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2015 23:23 Tenks wrote:
Does anyone know about the hacking/anti-hacking model of Heroes? As everyone knows at high ranks of SC2 hacking is pretty commonplace. Since this runs ontop of the same codebase as SC2 I'd assume many of the maphacks would be available to Heroes but I haven't done any research on the matter. Does anyone know anything about the current state of hacking in Heroes and if it is even possible?


I hadn't thought about this but it's an interesting concern, I wonder if anything is possible there. Dota's design is such that maphacking isn't possible, I wonder if Heroes has any adjustments to how it handles unseen units that would be the same.

the basic question here is, is heroes client-server or peer-to-peer?
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
April 22 2015 14:09 GMT
#8108
On April 21 2015 06:31 Heyoka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2015 23:23 Tenks wrote:
Does anyone know about the hacking/anti-hacking model of Heroes? As everyone knows at high ranks of SC2 hacking is pretty commonplace. Since this runs ontop of the same codebase as SC2 I'd assume many of the maphacks would be available to Heroes but I haven't done any research on the matter. Does anyone know anything about the current state of hacking in Heroes and if it is even possible?


I hadn't thought about this but it's an interesting concern, I wonder if anything is possible there. Dota's design is such that maphacking isn't possible, I wonder if Heroes has any adjustments to how it handles unseen units that would be the same.


I *hope* they modified the engine to make maphacking impossible and can extend this modification to LotV as well
Wat
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-22 14:15:47
April 22 2015 14:11 GMT
#8109
On April 22 2015 22:41 ahswtini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2015 06:31 Heyoka wrote:
On April 20 2015 23:23 Tenks wrote:
Does anyone know about the hacking/anti-hacking model of Heroes? As everyone knows at high ranks of SC2 hacking is pretty commonplace. Since this runs ontop of the same codebase as SC2 I'd assume many of the maphacks would be available to Heroes but I haven't done any research on the matter. Does anyone know anything about the current state of hacking in Heroes and if it is even possible?


I hadn't thought about this but it's an interesting concern, I wonder if anything is possible there. Dota's design is such that maphacking isn't possible, I wonder if Heroes has any adjustments to how it handles unseen units that would be the same.

the basic question here is, is heroes client-server or peer-to-peer?


Well that isn't the whole picture. The major problem with SC2 is that your client is given the full map with everything going on at all points in time. The maphack is simply removing the fog of war via altering some memory state. But in DOTA2 if you can't see it then your client is unaware of it as well so you can't just remove fog of war.

But yeah since the server is generally in charge of distributing game state to all the clients it does need to have a client/server setup instead of p2p as well
Wat
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
April 22 2015 14:41 GMT
#8110
On April 22 2015 08:28 Diamond wrote:
Well my team just was moved into the ESL Major League after Goat Gaming disbanded, pretty excited! Teams are so strong in the Majors, going to be a tough road for us. So ESV fighting!


Good luck! I've been cheering for you since Alpha (sometimes I'd see you playing against other streamers who I happened to be watching) :D
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
April 22 2015 15:02 GMT
#8111
On April 22 2015 23:11 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2015 22:41 ahswtini wrote:
On April 21 2015 06:31 Heyoka wrote:
On April 20 2015 23:23 Tenks wrote:
Does anyone know about the hacking/anti-hacking model of Heroes? As everyone knows at high ranks of SC2 hacking is pretty commonplace. Since this runs ontop of the same codebase as SC2 I'd assume many of the maphacks would be available to Heroes but I haven't done any research on the matter. Does anyone know anything about the current state of hacking in Heroes and if it is even possible?


I hadn't thought about this but it's an interesting concern, I wonder if anything is possible there. Dota's design is such that maphacking isn't possible, I wonder if Heroes has any adjustments to how it handles unseen units that would be the same.

the basic question here is, is heroes client-server or peer-to-peer?


Well that isn't the whole picture. The major problem with SC2 is that your client is given the full map with everything going on at all points in time. The maphack is simply removing the fog of war via altering some memory state. But in DOTA2 if you can't see it then your client is unaware of it as well so you can't just remove fog of war.

But yeah since the server is generally in charge of distributing game state to all the clients it does need to have a client/server setup instead of p2p as well

can you have a p2p method that makes maphacking impossible?
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
April 22 2015 16:14 GMT
#8112
On April 23 2015 00:02 ahswtini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2015 23:11 Tenks wrote:
On April 22 2015 22:41 ahswtini wrote:
On April 21 2015 06:31 Heyoka wrote:
On April 20 2015 23:23 Tenks wrote:
Does anyone know about the hacking/anti-hacking model of Heroes? As everyone knows at high ranks of SC2 hacking is pretty commonplace. Since this runs ontop of the same codebase as SC2 I'd assume many of the maphacks would be available to Heroes but I haven't done any research on the matter. Does anyone know anything about the current state of hacking in Heroes and if it is even possible?


I hadn't thought about this but it's an interesting concern, I wonder if anything is possible there. Dota's design is such that maphacking isn't possible, I wonder if Heroes has any adjustments to how it handles unseen units that would be the same.

the basic question here is, is heroes client-server or peer-to-peer?


Well that isn't the whole picture. The major problem with SC2 is that your client is given the full map with everything going on at all points in time. The maphack is simply removing the fog of war via altering some memory state. But in DOTA2 if you can't see it then your client is unaware of it as well so you can't just remove fog of war.

But yeah since the server is generally in charge of distributing game state to all the clients it does need to have a client/server setup instead of p2p as well

can you have a p2p method that makes maphacking impossible?


I can't say I'm an expert on the networking layer but I don't see how it would really work. P2P in general requires clients to agree on game state. Either that or you have one person become the "server" and hold the game state and distribute it to the other peers. But either way someone would have full access to the game state.
Wat
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
April 22 2015 16:29 GMT
#8113
HOTS is probably hackable because it uses the same thing that sc2 is using.
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
April 22 2015 18:19 GMT
#8114
Heroes, like sc2, is peer2peer (meshed), everyone sends its data to everyone. To avoid a pure p2p system (where you would be able to directly communicate with others, hence getting their IP address) all communication still goes through blizzard's servers, but the blizzard server is not hosting the game, it is just forwarding traffic from/to everyone in the game.

So yes it is "maphackable" :-( Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong !
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
April 22 2015 23:02 GMT
#8115
It is definitely map hackeable, but there may be other hacks that cannot happen. For example, at least with wow and d3, although the client has and process lots of data, there are data that comes from the server, thats why even if they wanted to make d3 offline, they wouldn't be able to unless they change a lot of stuff.

I think thats the reason why there isn't an infinite ammount of minerals hack for sc2 and stuff like that. Not sure though.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
April 23 2015 08:31 GMT
#8116
well infinite amount of minerals would cause some sort of mismatch in the game state. maphack would just reveal what your client is supposed to hide, but it shouldn't cause a mismatch. the other client would find out if you gave yourself 100000 minerals, but it can't find out if you've removed fog
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Random_0
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1163 Posts
April 23 2015 10:35 GMT
#8117
On April 19 2015 00:46 kingjames01 wrote:
The Gold gain is fine.

I am completely F2P and I currently have 72385 Gold. I own 6 Heroes, (the 2000 Gold heroes, and I got Valla from pre-ordering Reaper of Souls).

If I wanted to, I could purchase 12 more Heroes with the Gold I currently have (the six 4000 Gold Heroes, and six more 10000 Gold Heroes).

I made a spreadsheet that I keep updated that tells me, if I were to get all of the Heroes up to Level 20, then I would have 205135 Gold. That's enough to buy every Hero currently released except for two of the 10000 Gold Heroes.

It is EXTREMELY significant that Blizzard added more sources to gain Gold. If they didn't add the rewards at Hero Level 15 and Hero Level 20, my potential Gold total at this moment would only be 73885 Gold. (I am only missing 3 Hero Level 5 Rewards).

Also, you might get 30 Gold per game, but I only get 10 Gold, because I play Co-operative.



This post is astonishing. Do you play this game to acquire gold or have fun?
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 23 2015 11:16 GMT
#8118
On April 23 2015 19:35 Random_0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2015 00:46 kingjames01 wrote:
The Gold gain is fine.

I am completely F2P and I currently have 72385 Gold. I own 6 Heroes, (the 2000 Gold heroes, and I got Valla from pre-ordering Reaper of Souls).

If I wanted to, I could purchase 12 more Heroes with the Gold I currently have (the six 4000 Gold Heroes, and six more 10000 Gold Heroes).

I made a spreadsheet that I keep updated that tells me, if I were to get all of the Heroes up to Level 20, then I would have 205135 Gold. That's enough to buy every Hero currently released except for two of the 10000 Gold Heroes.

It is EXTREMELY significant that Blizzard added more sources to gain Gold. If they didn't add the rewards at Hero Level 15 and Hero Level 20, my potential Gold total at this moment would only be 73885 Gold. (I am only missing 3 Hero Level 5 Rewards).

Also, you might get 30 Gold per game, but I only get 10 Gold, because I play Co-operative.



This post is astonishing. Do you play this game to acquire gold or have fun?


Don't make fun of him. Blizzard is going to add co-op wins into player profiles one day, and hotslogs is going to track it as well, and who's going to be at the top of the co-op leaderboard? kingjames1 with 5k Elo.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
April 23 2015 11:19 GMT
#8119
On April 23 2015 20:16 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2015 19:35 Random_0 wrote:
On April 19 2015 00:46 kingjames01 wrote:
The Gold gain is fine.

I am completely F2P and I currently have 72385 Gold. I own 6 Heroes, (the 2000 Gold heroes, and I got Valla from pre-ordering Reaper of Souls).

If I wanted to, I could purchase 12 more Heroes with the Gold I currently have (the six 4000 Gold Heroes, and six more 10000 Gold Heroes).

I made a spreadsheet that I keep updated that tells me, if I were to get all of the Heroes up to Level 20, then I would have 205135 Gold. That's enough to buy every Hero currently released except for two of the 10000 Gold Heroes.

It is EXTREMELY significant that Blizzard added more sources to gain Gold. If they didn't add the rewards at Hero Level 15 and Hero Level 20, my potential Gold total at this moment would only be 73885 Gold. (I am only missing 3 Hero Level 5 Rewards).

Also, you might get 30 Gold per game, but I only get 10 Gold, because I play Co-operative.



This post is astonishing. Do you play this game to acquire gold or have fun?


Don't make fun of him. Blizzard is going to add co-op wins into player profiles one day, and hotslogs is going to track it as well, and who's going to be at the top of the co-op leaderboard? kingjames1 with 5k Elo.

i think co-op gold grinders like kingjames1 are who this game was made for
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 23 2015 12:13 GMT
#8120
a) you can have fun playing computers
b) it's a very efficient way to complete quests (main gold source after leveling up) for someone with limited time that wants to own heroes for when they do play people on the weekends for example
c) some people get a lot of satisfaction grinding and don't want the stress of matchmaking games
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 404 405 406 407 408 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 219
ProTech155
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16157
Leta 1045
Shuttle 531
Horang2 227
Trap 124
firebathero 120
Zeus 83
Hyun 56
Bale 48
soO 48
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 34
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 15
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
qojqva1894
420jenkins463
Counter-Strike
fl0m4548
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu396
Other Games
Grubby2317
Beastyqt726
FrodaN715
KnowMe217
Livibee140
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick431
StarCraft 2
angryscii 16
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 50
• printf 50
• Adnapsc2 21
• Hinosc 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 11
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1625
Other Games
• Shiphtur635
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 26m
Patches Events
21h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.