• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:09
CEST 04:09
KST 11:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8915 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 404

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 402 403 404 405 406 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4391 Posts
April 16 2015 21:20 GMT
#8061
I wish we got Malthael a lot sooner than later...but I'm getting more and more convinced that Blizzard will use him as a way to bring new people into the game or getting people back so he'll probably only going to be realsed well...when the initial release hype is going down.

Hope Im wrong...
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
April 16 2015 21:22 GMT
#8062
Oh that reminds me, they did say they'll be stuffing Overwatch heroes into the game. So maybe they've been secretly working on a few (Tracer has to be the first right?) to coincide with Overwatch beta?
Dav1oN
Profile Joined January 2012
Ukraine3164 Posts
April 16 2015 21:47 GMT
#8063
I was hoping for Blademaster
In memory of Geoff "iNcontroL" Robinson 11.09.1985 - 21.07.2019 A tribute to incredible man, embodiment of joy, esports titan, starcraft community pillar all in one. You will always be remembered!
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-16 21:49:51
April 16 2015 21:48 GMT
#8064
eww not sure I want Overwatch heroes before Overwatch is out. Let that game settle before making one of those guy an All Star.

Either way I hope they continue to do a good job like with Vikings and Sylvanas. Vikings are still super OP though if you play em without ever touching the control all at once button.
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
April 17 2015 17:03 GMT
#8065
I'm quite sure they said no overwatch heroes before overwatch is officially out
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-17 17:51:57
April 17 2015 17:47 GMT
#8066
On April 17 2015 06:11 Valiver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2015 06:05 cSc.Dav1oN wrote:
Any rumors about upcoming heroes or maps to be added?

Here's a link to a diablo themed map that was revealed at BlizzCon.

Sylvanas was the last hero revealed then, so nothing's positive about the next ones. Gul'dan, Kaelthas, Rexar, King Leoric, and a few others have had random rumors though.


I don't know about you guys but I want Fenix as the next hero, starcraft warrior. Could start as zealot and ult into a dragoon or something.
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
April 17 2015 18:32 GMT
#8067
On April 18 2015 02:47 FreeZEternal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2015 06:11 Valiver wrote:
On April 17 2015 06:05 cSc.Dav1oN wrote:
Any rumors about upcoming heroes or maps to be added?

Here's a link to a diablo themed map that was revealed at BlizzCon.

Sylvanas was the last hero revealed then, so nothing's positive about the next ones. Gul'dan, Kaelthas, Rexar, King Leoric, and a few others have had random rumors though.


I don't know about you guys but I want Fenix as the next hero, starcraft warrior. Could start as zealot and ult into a dragoon or something.


"Fenix as Dragoon" 4lyfe. The "Fenix as Zealot" people are crazy. Sure, as a "Regeneration Complete" ult or something. But not as the main mode. Artanis is a Zealot. Selendis is a Zealot. (See the trailer) Rohana is prolly a melee warrior (of the DT type) as well. It's Fenix as Dragoon or nobody. Never mind that if you're going for "iconic" you don't have Fenix as a random Zealot anymore than you would have Arthas as a random Paladin. What's cool about these characters is what they became.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/legacy-of-the-void/#characters... for anyone who forgets about the upcoming part of the character set.
FreeZEternal
Profile Joined January 2003
Korea (South)3396 Posts
April 17 2015 18:38 GMT
#8068
it's either going to be a tyrael style or anub style for fenix.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
April 17 2015 19:08 GMT
#8069
We should start a pool for next hero
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22661 Posts
April 17 2015 20:47 GMT
#8070
So when are they going to up the gold gain? Because getting 30g for a win when the cheapest hero is 2k is just insulting.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
April 17 2015 21:01 GMT
#8071
I think the gold is in a fine place right now. Daily quests, account level up, hero lvl up... you get gold from quite a lot of sources.

Remember that blizzard will obviously not make it easy for you to buy all heroes with gold. You can either accept not owning all heroes and just buying the ones you like with gold or just put real money on the game. Seems fair to me.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22661 Posts
April 17 2015 21:04 GMT
#8072
On April 18 2015 06:01 RouaF wrote:
I think the gold is in a fine place right now. Daily quests, account level up, hero lvl up... you get gold from quite a lot of sources.

Remember that blizzard will obviously not make it easy for you to buy all heroes with gold. You can either accept not owning all heroes and just buying the ones you like with gold or just put real money on the game. Seems fair to me.

Because it feels utterly unrewarding to get that screen at the end of a game and see you made an entire 30 gold.
Sure if you count all the ways you get gold with the leveling up you might have a decent income but that doesn't stop the number from being horrible to behold every time.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
April 17 2015 21:39 GMT
#8073
On April 18 2015 06:01 RouaF wrote:
I think the gold is in a fine place right now. Daily quests, account level up, hero lvl up... you get gold from quite a lot of sources.

Remember that blizzard will obviously not make it easy for you to buy all heroes with gold. You can either accept not owning all heroes and just buying the ones you like with gold or just put real money on the game. Seems fair to me.


They already did, with the sylvanas patch the y increased the gold you receive by account progression by 10k and a stimpack. Furthermore they added more gold reward for.lvl up heroes. Multiply that by 40 heroes and you don't even need to buy them to receive them.

Yeah 30 gold doesn't feel like much, but I don't think is bad. Just completing your daily quest you get around 14k gold per month, that's not counting the gold you make by playing and hero or account lvl bonuses. I think its fine specially since they seem to release heroes more than one month apart.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
April 17 2015 22:31 GMT
#8074
after 2 months a player dedicated and f2p can make 60-65 k of gold. and this doing all the milestones of lvl 40 and lvling every possible hero to 5.

so a resigned player can make a cheap pool of heroes. but if you wanna a heavy specialist pool you are screwed trying to achieve it like a f2p player.

I really dislike that change of pace in the gold gain. in tf2 you always have the same rate of weapons' drop. and never feels that chore of playing classes that you don't like neither lvling them.

so the 3 options are:
-pay for the heroes you want
-make your chores, and buy a cheap hero pool.
-move on. the beauty of capitalism, there are a good amount of other f2p games, and other moba games.



Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
April 17 2015 22:36 GMT
#8075
On April 18 2015 07:31 xuanzue wrote:
after 2 months a player dedicated and f2p can make 60-65 k of gold. and this doing all the milestones of lvl 40 and lvling every possible hero to 5.

so a resigned player can make a cheap pool of heroes. but if you wanna a heavy specialist pool you are screwed trying to achieve it like a f2p player.

I really dislike that change of pace in the gold gain. in tf2 you always have the same rate of weapons' drop. and never feels that chore of playing classes that you don't like neither lvling them.

so the 3 options are:
-pay for the heroes you want
-make your chores, and buy a cheap hero pool.
-move on. the beauty of capitalism, there are a good amount of other f2p games, and other moba games.





Yeah but IRL it's a good idea to play every hero to 5 at least to get to know their kit properly.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-18 10:37:22
April 18 2015 10:34 GMT
#8076
On April 18 2015 05:47 Gorsameth wrote:
So when are they going to up the gold gain? Because getting 30g for a win when the cheapest hero is 2k is just insulting.


They might actually decrease it, because people start to bot for gold gain even in beta where access is rather limited still. Experience shows that working with dailies prevents that.
So they might nuke it into the ground even harder, just like in hearthstone. And with dailies and the gold rewards you get a new hero every 2 weeks, which is really fast compared to other f2p games. (no idea about other Dota style games though)


Also decided to buy the butcher asap and be my childhood nightmare! So can't wait, but it seems Crusader will be the next. Tank with an escape can't be bad. Cavalry yay !
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-18 15:22:20
April 18 2015 15:07 GMT
#8077
On April 18 2015 07:36 Yoav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 07:31 xuanzue wrote:
after 2 months a player dedicated and f2p can make 60-65 k of gold. and this doing all the milestones of lvl 40 and lvling every possible hero to 5.

so a resigned player can make a cheap pool of heroes. but if you wanna a heavy specialist pool you are screwed trying to achieve it like a f2p player.

I really dislike that change of pace in the gold gain. in tf2 you always have the same rate of weapons' drop. and never feels that chore of playing classes that you don't like neither lvling them.

so the 3 options are:
-pay for the heroes you want
-make your chores, and buy a cheap hero pool.
-move on. the beauty of capitalism, there are a good amount of other f2p games, and other moba games.





Yeah but IRL it's a good idea to play every hero to 5 at least to get to know their kit properly.


That's what I've done. I started playing about a month ago, and every time a new hero became an option, I played it to level 5 for the 3-6 games of experience and gold milestone. And I do the daily quests because I'd prefer to play and learn than spend a lot of money without the necessary know-how. I have stimpack running, and I'm just about to level 40. I could easily buy more than enough heroes to meet any other league requirements if I wanted. Obviously, ~30 gold per game isn't much, but I'd imagine they don't want the players to have everything within two weeks of playing. That's borderline stuck-up, imo. All the more reason to grind out more games, occasionally drop a few bucks (if you need everything immediately), and stay interested in the characters and patches.

Hell, I still have over 30K gold banked already, that I can spend on a bunch of cheap heroes or- which I'll probably do- drop on the few I really favor and love to play, regardless of their cost. I'm just holding out a little bit for now, as I don't have a ton of time to play, I'm not sure if certain expensive heroes will decrease in cost soon, and I still have to play as a few more heroes before I make those bigger decisions.

For those who prefer to not spend any money, there is certainly a way to obtain everything in the game (grinding).
For those who prefer to have everything immediately, there is certainly a way to do that as well (spend some money).

You have both options; I see no reason to complain. My biggest issue would be if people spent money on a special, stronger hero that was only available if you paid a premium, which would alienate those of us who didn't want to spend extra money. That would be a problem.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-18 15:47:08
April 18 2015 15:46 GMT
#8078
The Gold gain is fine.

I am completely F2P and I currently have 72385 Gold. I own 6 Heroes, (the 2000 Gold heroes, and I got Valla from pre-ordering Reaper of Souls).

If I wanted to, I could purchase 12 more Heroes with the Gold I currently have (the six 4000 Gold Heroes, and six more 10000 Gold Heroes).

I made a spreadsheet that I keep updated that tells me, if I were to get all of the Heroes up to Level 20, then I would have 205135 Gold. That's enough to buy every Hero currently released except for two of the 10000 Gold Heroes.

It is EXTREMELY significant that Blizzard added more sources to gain Gold. If they didn't add the rewards at Hero Level 15 and Hero Level 20, my potential Gold total at this moment would only be 73885 Gold. (I am only missing 3 Hero Level 5 Rewards).

Also, you might get 30 Gold per game, but I only get 10 Gold, because I play Co-operative.

Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
TMG26
Profile Joined July 2012
Portugal2017 Posts
April 18 2015 18:56 GMT
#8079
On April 18 2015 19:34 FeyFey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2015 05:47 Gorsameth wrote:
So when are they going to up the gold gain? Because getting 30g for a win when the cheapest hero is 2k is just insulting.


They might actually decrease it, because people start to bot for gold gain even in beta where access is rather limited still. Experience shows that working with dailies prevents that.
So they might nuke it into the ground even harder, just like in hearthstone. And with dailies and the gold rewards you get a new hero every 2 weeks, which is really fast compared to other f2p games. (no idea about other Dota style games though)


Also decided to buy the butcher asap and be my childhood nightmare! So can't wait, but it seems Crusader will be the next. Tank with an escape can't be bad. Cavalry yay !


Dota, Hon and Strife have all heroes available, Smite lets you buy everything for 30$ i believe, LoL and its clones have pretty much the same progression as HotS.
Supporter of the situational Blink Dagger on Storm.
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-19 21:56:43
April 19 2015 21:56 GMT
#8080
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/589903846282891265/photo/1
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Prev 1 402 403 404 405 406 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 148
FoxeR 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8616
JimRising 536
ViBE198
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV201
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 51m
Patches Events
12h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 51m
OSC
20h 51m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.