• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:13
CEST 10:13
KST 17:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7571 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 117

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 115 116 117 118 119 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
August 27 2014 19:51 GMT
#2321
There is a DDoS on, but it's not the reason HotS is down, they're doing a bunch of backend maintenance that's apparently taking longer than expected. Hopefully they're releasing a sensible reconnect feature.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
August 27 2014 21:02 GMT
#2322
The current reconnect feature... how did they fail so hard on that? It takes 5-10 minutes to reconnect, plus the AI picks talents for you instead of just leaving them blank so when you finally do get back in the game you have this completely random skill tree that, more often than not, has zero synergy and just outright sucks.

I'd rather they just remove it altogether and allow me to requeue because currently I'm either a) not going to bother reconnecting and just play Hearthstone while I wait for the game to end, or b) I reconnect and my talents are so fucked up that I just afk and/or leave again.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-27 22:26:07
August 27 2014 22:23 GMT
#2323
On August 28 2014 06:02 Serejai wrote:
The current reconnect feature... how did they fail so hard on that? It takes 5-10 minutes to reconnect, plus the AI picks talents for you instead of just leaving them blank so when you finally do get back in the game you have this completely random skill tree that, more often than not, has zero synergy and just outright sucks.

I'd rather they just remove it altogether and allow me to requeue because currently I'm either a) not going to bother reconnecting and just play Hearthstone while I wait for the game to end, or b) I reconnect and my talents are so fucked up that I just afk and/or leave again.


It's because it's exactly the SC2 reconnect feature, only it doesn't pause the game, it has a computer play for you. Then it replays the game from the start, which takes a while to load up, and continues on until the point where you dc'd, then it stops to load again, then it hits current, stops to load again, then loads the last few seconds before letting you back in.

It's funny that their last projection was 4 hours ago and we still don't have an update as to what the hell is taking so long.
wongfeihung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States763 Posts
August 27 2014 22:41 GMT
#2324
It's up, I think. I'm loading a into a game right now.
JustMeh
Profile Joined April 2014
4 Posts
August 28 2014 00:28 GMT
#2325
yeah the servers are up again
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
August 28 2014 04:10 GMT
#2326
Havent been following this game since it's announcement, is it into beta now?
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
JustMeh
Profile Joined April 2014
4 Posts
August 28 2014 04:44 GMT
#2327
no still an alpha build
TheUnderking
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada202 Posts
August 28 2014 05:27 GMT
#2328
I got in like 3-4 weeks ago, but never got around to playing until today. I really like it so far. Only thing that's dumb is that some of the talent options are locked until you play a certain class enough to level it.

Queue times really sucked today though, like 5ish minutes for a game.
THE PACT IS SEALED!
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
August 28 2014 10:09 GMT
#2329
On August 28 2014 14:27 TheUnderking wrote:
I got in like 3-4 weeks ago, but never got around to playing until today. I really like it so far. Only thing that's dumb is that some of the talent options are locked until you play a certain class enough to level it.


That really annoyed me at first, but I don't really notice it now. Only takes a game or two (three) against other players to unlock them.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
August 28 2014 10:26 GMT
#2330
On August 28 2014 07:23 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2014 06:02 Serejai wrote:
The current reconnect feature... how did they fail so hard on that? It takes 5-10 minutes to reconnect, plus the AI picks talents for you instead of just leaving them blank so when you finally do get back in the game you have this completely random skill tree that, more often than not, has zero synergy and just outright sucks.

I'd rather they just remove it altogether and allow me to requeue because currently I'm either a) not going to bother reconnecting and just play Hearthstone while I wait for the game to end, or b) I reconnect and my talents are so fucked up that I just afk and/or leave again.


It's because it's exactly the SC2 reconnect feature, only it doesn't pause the game, it has a computer play for you. Then it replays the game from the start, which takes a while to load up, and continues on until the point where you dc'd, then it stops to load again, then it hits current, stops to load again, then loads the last few seconds before letting you back in.

It's funny that their last projection was 4 hours ago and we still don't have an update as to what the hell is taking so long.

That sounds like such a janky way to have a reconnect feature
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
August 28 2014 20:04 GMT
#2331
So i just got a beta key, played my first two games... got to say that my impression is pretty bad for the moment, the game feels so bland from my perspective :s
Spaylz
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan1743 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-28 20:12:28
August 28 2014 20:12 GMT
#2332
What exactly about it feels bland? I'm curious.

Those who don't like it generally say it feels shallow or it lacks depth, not that it's bland. There's a lot of action going on at all times!
I like words.
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
August 28 2014 23:29 GMT
#2333
Some of the hero designs are pretty bland. If I played my first two games on Raynor or Li Li I might have said the same thing. That said there are some truly unique/interesting designs, (Abathur, Murky) and LoL/DotA had a ton of bland hero designs in their early days. I think they're about where you expect them to be at this point.

I love this game! Really accentuates the things I love about mobas. I'd love an additional layer of customization but they're clearly looking to add that and considering it's still Alpha I'm hugely impressed with the offering. I think I'll be playing this game for a long while.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
August 29 2014 13:24 GMT
#2334
Lol, just won a game in 6:27. First time I've seen a sub-10 minute game.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
ExChill
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany179 Posts
August 29 2014 18:11 GMT
#2335
Just got invited to the beta, downloading right now. I'm so excited after I got the chance to play at gamescom for the first time :D
Are there already ingame groups (for a TL group for example) or something like that?
https://twitter.com/ExChill_
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
August 29 2014 18:13 GMT
#2336
On August 29 2014 22:24 Serejai wrote:
Lol, just won a game in 6:27. First time I've seen a sub-10 minute game.


My fastest is 4:56, have fun beating that
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
August 29 2014 18:50 GMT
#2337
On August 30 2014 03:13 KadaverBB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 22:24 Serejai wrote:
Lol, just won a game in 6:27. First time I've seen a sub-10 minute game.


My fastest is 4:56, have fun beating that


Pretty sure I've been on the receiving end of that when playing with you (cause you're terrible).

I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
August 29 2014 19:10 GMT
#2338
I had a 5:XX game a while back on mines. We won the lvl 1 teamfight, rushed Knights camp, 4 man pushed bot while Gazlowe got giants, won a teamfight on their fort, then just walked up to the Core while they went 3 in mines and got a 100 skull golem that spawned just as their Core died.

GrapeApe
Profile Joined March 2011
1053 Posts
August 29 2014 19:20 GMT
#2339
Game time is one of the major selling points of this game to me. So nice not playing for 20-60 minutes every game.
GOIMBA.com <--- eSports betting :)
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
August 29 2014 21:14 GMT
#2340
On August 29 2014 08:29 Amarok wrote:
Some of the hero designs are pretty bland. If I played my first two games on Raynor or Li Li I might have said the same thing. That said there are some truly unique/interesting designs, (Abathur, Murky) and LoL/DotA had a ton of bland hero designs in their early days. I think they're about where you expect them to be at this point.

I love this game! Really accentuates the things I love about mobas. I'd love an additional layer of customization but they're clearly looking to add that and considering it's still Alpha I'm hugely impressed with the offering. I think I'll be playing this game for a long while.

I feel that may be one of the issue i have with the game, i played my first game on raynor and the rest on Tyrael. The problem is that the game actually discourages you to try new heroes at the start since you need to unlock talents, and most of the more interesting heroes are behind a paywall anyway .
I'm really interested by the fact that games are not as long as dota2, i can't dedicate 1hour for a game anymore
Prev 1 115 116 117 118 119 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe115
League of Legends
JimRising 547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g9329
WinterStarcraft714
Sick248
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos763
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 47m
Patches Events
6h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 47m
OSC
14h 47m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.