• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:42
CEST 05:42
KST 12:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8307 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 118

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
Spaylz
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan1743 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-29 21:26:29
August 29 2014 21:24 GMT
#2341
On August 30 2014 06:14 Jetaap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 08:29 Amarok wrote:
Some of the hero designs are pretty bland. If I played my first two games on Raynor or Li Li I might have said the same thing. That said there are some truly unique/interesting designs, (Abathur, Murky) and LoL/DotA had a ton of bland hero designs in their early days. I think they're about where you expect them to be at this point.

I love this game! Really accentuates the things I love about mobas. I'd love an additional layer of customization but they're clearly looking to add that and considering it's still Alpha I'm hugely impressed with the offering. I think I'll be playing this game for a long while.

I feel that may be one of the issue i have with the game, i played my first game on raynor and the rest on Tyrael. The problem is that the game actually discourages you to try new heroes at the start since you need to unlock talents, and most of the more interesting heroes are behind a paywall anyway .
I'm really interested by the fact that games are not as long as dota2, i can't dedicate 1hour for a game anymore


I think talents is one of the things they are looking at the most in terms of changes. I personally don't mind the talent-lock system, it gives progression and it gives you a chance to learn a hero in a simpler way, while not being too time-consuming or daunting.

I think heroes are fine, the "bland" design is fairly voluntary I'm sure. I think the intent is to make it so that no (or few) heroes can solo-kill people, and induce teamplay and teamfights by having heroes' skills complete one another. On the other hand, I could be completely wrong. It does feel to me like it's all pretty straightforward: some heroes have engage and stun, but no huge damage (though Tyrael hurts quite a bit), while others have damage and no stun (think Tychus or Valla if you take Strafe). My point is: you don't have a hero like Kunkka who can deal massive damage or kill several heroes by combining his skills perfectly.

I agree on the talents though. Some of them are very.. stale, and don't offer much. Some choices are no-brainers in terms of talents. For example, I see very few situations in which it'd be better to go with the Crater over Resurgence with Sonya. For that matter, I haven't seen ANYBODY pick Wrath of the Berserker over Leap. Those just have huge gaps in between them.

In any case, I do think they intend to tweak the talents a lot. I look forward to it.

On another note, I'm definitely loving this week's rotation. Tyrael and Uther are TONS of fun!
I like words.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-29 21:32:18
August 29 2014 21:31 GMT
#2342
On August 30 2014 06:24 Spaylz wrote:
My point is: you don't have a hero like Kunkka every hero in dota who can deal massive damage or kill several heroes by combining his skills perfectly.

Which isn't bad. But its a completely different design paradigm. Heroes aren't designed to be powerful in hero-hero combat in this game.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Paperplane
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands1823 Posts
August 30 2014 14:33 GMT
#2343
It's kinda fun but the game depends even more on what teammates you get then dota. Since you can't impact the game too much by yourself, if one or two people on your team don't play for objectives it's just game over.
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-30 16:25:59
August 30 2014 16:25 GMT
#2344
On August 30 2014 23:33 Paperplane wrote:
It's kinda fun but the game depends even more on what teammates you get then dota. Since you can't impact the game too much by yourself, if one or two people on your team don't play for objectives it's just game over.


I dunno, I've found that being flexible and reading the situation correctly can mean that even one person can have a huge impact on the game. For example, if I notice the other team deathballing too hard and trying to force down towers I'll quickly do all the mercs and then splitpush until I can force them apart, at which point I solo the most easy to kill guys. Other times if they are all too spread out then I focus on ganking together with someone and snowballing an advantage trough kill after kill by picking them off while isolated. You can have a huge impact on the game by yourself, you just need a different mindset for it.


Its a really fun and easy to pick up game. I've even had moments when I needed to leave in like 10 minutes but I still was able to get in, play a game and get going. Blizzard definitely have found a nice niche.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
August 30 2014 18:10 GMT
#2345
They need to send me an invite already

The wait is killing me
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-03 12:58:00
September 03 2014 12:57 GMT
#2346
Ugh, playing early morning sucks. It's nothing but Russians and they are awful and so toxic with their broken English cussing :|

It feels like every match is LoL leaver queue.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 03 2014 13:17 GMT
#2347
On September 03 2014 21:57 Serejai wrote:
Ugh, playing early morning sucks. It's nothing but Russians and they are awful and so toxic with their broken English cussing :|

It feels like every match is LoL leaver queue.


Bit worse because there's no ignore function. When I played LoL I started turning off allchat and ignoring my entire team when they even hinted at becoming toxic. Worked quite well.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 03 2014 13:22 GMT
#2348
Yeah, an ignore feature would be great. There's only so much фсалчдкл MOTHER адеаб дкйабдн ASS FUCK флкайсд афйыебакйайсдс I can stand in a single game.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 03 2014 16:37 GMT
#2349
Had a nice game with Zeromus, then he had to leave... and next five in a row were just awful. AFKer/bot in each game, and at least two of the remaining three players in each game were toxic as shit and just kept calling each other virgins and racial slurs. It's gotten to the point where it's not even worth playing solo queue anymore. I really hope they add a draft mode and ladder system soon.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 04 2014 12:38 GMT
#2350
Free Zeratul week is the worst.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 04 2014 13:07 GMT
#2351
On September 04 2014 21:38 Serejai wrote:
Free Zeratul week is the worst.

Not as bad as free Murky week.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 04 2014 13:08 GMT
#2352
Free murky week was pretty awful but even a bad murky still does a metric shit ton of damage to something or other. Plus, they can't troll you with their ult. If I had a nickel for every time a Zeratul used that stupid freeze time ult after they saw me lay down my Nova ult...
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 04 2014 14:00 GMT
#2353
On September 04 2014 22:08 Serejai wrote:
Free murky week was pretty awful but even a bad murky still does a metric shit ton of damage to something or other. Plus, they can't troll you with their ult. If I had a nickel for every time a Zeratul used that stupid freeze time ult after they saw me lay down my Nova ult...


I've seen Murkys that are stuck in the old ways just throwing fish at towers and not dpsing anything. It's like they don't realize that Slime is the most broken ability in the game atm.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 04 2014 14:38 GMT
#2354
Ok, I can't solo queue anymore. I don't know if it's because of all the Russians that are suddenly playing (seriously, 2-3 people on my team are Russian every game now which makes communication pretty much impossible), or if it's because my queues have started taking 20-30 minutes since Tuesday... but every single game I'm getting paired up with brand new players.

Six games so far this morning, lost all six:

1-23
11-40
8-18
0-14 (this game was like 6 minutes)
Don't recall the first two games but they were equally bad. Pretty much every game we've been down 3-5 levels at the end.

It's pretty much an entirely different game. I enjoy this a lot when playing in a group, but solo queue feels like slamming your face into a brick wall over and over again.

Anyway, this is kinda related to Murky (and Zeratul). Last game I had the pleasure of having both of them on my team. Our Murky had the level 10 skin and whatnot, so I assumed he was going to be decent. Boy was I wrong.

He didn't place an egg at all during the entire game and he ended the game with less than 1,000 Siege damage and less than 2,000 Hero damage. I watched him a few times and he pretty much missed every single slime and never used invulnerability. He just sat there throwing fish around, but those weren't even at towers; he kept throwing them in bushes all game for no apparent reason. He was also Russian so there was no way to tell him to do differently.

Then our Zeratul... god I can't wait for this hero rotation to be over. This guy just ran around the map all game trying to jungle. He would go to a camp, attack it... die, res, and go try again. He never managed to capture a single camp but did manage to die to them about 6-7 times. When he wasn't dying to creeps he was busy tower diving. He had another 7-8 deaths to towers because he would just run in solo, wail on them, then die. He pulled off an incredible 800 Hero damage during the game (for the sake of comparison our Malf did 40k). His tower diving only managed about 6k Siege damage, too. He was also Russian, so same issue as with the Murky.

I've tried everything I can think of to make solo queue a better experience. I've tried playing DPS, tanks, support, and specialists. I've tried leading the team and communicating, and people just don't read chat or see pings (I'm almost convinced half of these people don't know a minimap exists because the amount of awareness people have is borderline zero). There's just nothing you can do to make solo queue a pleasant experience and I think that's a huge issue with the game considering the whole idea of it is that you can log on, play a game, and log off in half an hour.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 04 2014 15:07 GMT
#2355
Lol. Started a game off great for a change. We were up two levels and the score was 19-0 at the ten minute mark (14 of those were my solo ganks /brag). Then team fights start and everything just goes to shit because our Stitches is Russian and our Nazeebo is Russian and neither of them are understanding our pings or chat, so they both pretty much just lane all game and the rest of us (me - Nova, a Zeratul, and a Tassadar) are forced to 3v5 until we lose. Oh, and the Russians both left the game at some point.

I'm going to have to start recording all of my solo queue games. I bet I could get a million views on Youtube because this level of bad is Oscar-worthy.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
September 04 2014 15:09 GMT
#2356
Thread needs renaming to "Serejai whines about teammates in HotS thread" imo
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 04 2014 15:11 GMT
#2357
On September 05 2014 00:09 Sn0_Man wrote:
Thread needs renaming to "Serejai whines about teammates in HotS thread" imo


No kidding, and he still won't battletag me
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 04 2014 15:13 GMT
#2358
On September 05 2014 00:09 Sn0_Man wrote:
Thread needs renaming to "Serejai whines about teammates in HotS thread" imo


If you request a thread rename I promise to make at least ten posts a day about how awful my teammates are, including pictures and GIFs of all their fails.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 04 2014 15:14 GMT
#2359
On September 05 2014 00:11 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 00:09 Sn0_Man wrote:
Thread needs renaming to "Serejai whines about teammates in HotS thread" imo


No kidding, and he still won't battletag me


I didn't see your tag :S

In my defense I don't actually read this thread; I just complain about how terrible people are.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
September 04 2014 15:18 GMT
#2360
On September 05 2014 00:13 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 00:09 Sn0_Man wrote:
Thread needs renaming to "Serejai whines about teammates in HotS thread" imo


If you request a thread rename I promise to make at least ten posts a day about how awful my teammates are, including pictures and GIFs of all their fails.

Please do. Alternatively stream with a webcam, I want to see the combination of confusion, anger and mystified despair in your eyes .
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 252
NeuroSwarm 197
FoxeR 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3875
Leta 1976
Bale 52
Shine 26
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g8088
JimRising 568
WinterStarcraft468
ViBE151
Mew2King24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo791
Other Games
• Scarra1061
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 18m
Patches Events
11h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 18m
OSC
19h 18m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.