• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:59
CEST 13:59
KST 20:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7792 users

Having a woman in your life - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
January 09 2009 01:36 GMT
#61
On January 09 2009 10:06 lilsusie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2009 21:26 intrigue wrote:
it is nice every now and then to fuss over little details about yourself in the mirror and fret about things to say and oh no what if your hand will be sweaty when it reaches for hers or if tonight please god oh please!! is the night you will kiss her. it is nice every now and then to have to wait for her while she takes a shower and an impossibly long time putting on makeup, because you know it's all for you anyway and you're going to be too happy to care about delays as soon as she's bouncing about so beautifully beside you. it is always nice to see someone else's faults as inexplicably cute and quirky in a good way, and having the same done for you. it is nice to have a phone call waiting for you on late nights at work.

for most of us, it's a shame relationships can't stay as these surreal dreams forever. the rules for dating now are (almost absurdly) lax, we simply haven't met the right people, and/or are too young to be able/want to deal with the responsibility and bullshit that is forced upon older couples. i'm not ready for it now and probably won't be for a loooonnnngggggg time, but i really really cannot imagine anything more truly fulfilling than finding the right hand to your left and committing to each other in a final mature relationship.

i am hardly a romantic and this probably sounds super lame, but sometimes i feel as if everything i do to improve myself is to better serve this quite singular purpose.


*swoon*


I think that intrigue just won the thread.


I feel like the nature of the relationship changes after a while, depending on what you mean by being serious with another person. If you did it right, the first part of a relationship is exactly how intrigue describes; the magic of waiting for the girl to be ready, the time spent wondering, "what will happen tonight", the little things that she does coming through the door, up the walkway, writing her notes.

If you can manage it, and keep the magic going through your whole life, a great relationship is the difference between someone who is directed, focused, and is, in fact, a better person than someone else who doesn't have the same level of commitment to another person in their life.

However, it can also backfire. If it turns out you haven't found the right person, if you come out of a relationship a little more bitter, a little less happy, a little less willing to share. The next time that you try, it's just a little bit harder to fall back into a pattern with the other person, and I feel like it's just harder to trust again.

commitment, love, trust, passion, life, lust, live. It happens, and sometimes you get to lead it, and other times you just get to hang on and try to experience. But in either case, you won't know until you get there, and you'll love every minute of it (until you hate every minute of it). But if you get a chance, take it, as you might not get another.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
January 09 2009 01:41 GMT
#62
On January 09 2009 10:35 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2009 10:21 Romance_us wrote:
Less enjoyable. The insecure kids who base their lives off of relationships are fucking hilariously pathetic.


You're not adding anything but flames to the conversation.
--
Nobody is going to be happy in a relationship until they are ok with themselves. People who get into relationships to 'fix' their lives will just bring their unhealthiness with them. I am not saying you have to be perfect, or that your partner cannot help you, but it shouldn't be the main reason for getting involved with someone.

When you are comfortable with yourself, you are then in a position to start giving to someone else, and visas versa. I really think being ni a relationship is a skill. The happiness and length of the relationship often depends on the willingness of both people to tolerate the learning curve and learn from their own mistakes.


that was pretty deep.

i've been in a bunch of relationships, some good, some bad... and in the long run, i'll have to say that happiness and your relationship status are unrelated to one another. As Manifesto said, relationships only work when you're comfortable with yourself... or perhaps can be rephrased as your ability to give in contrast to the need to receive. if you're needy and need to keep receiving, irrespective of whether you're a boy or girl, it's most likely you're using the relationship to fill some hole in your life... but if you, and your partner, are able to give to one another, then good stuff could happen.

-_- this makes me miss my gf
manner
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-09 01:57:25
January 09 2009 01:56 GMT
#63
More enjoyable without a doubt...if not, why are you in one?

Awww...Intrigue, what a charmer.
✌
ForVengeance
Profile Joined August 2008
United States111 Posts
January 09 2009 02:01 GMT
#64
I think girls are definitely cute, but i cant stand their personalities and interests.

hazz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom570 Posts
January 09 2009 02:03 GMT
#65
this thread depresses me; having never had a gf -_-
JollYRoGeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Sweden342 Posts
January 09 2009 02:03 GMT
#66
what tasteless said
ForVengeance
Profile Joined August 2008
United States111 Posts
January 09 2009 02:14 GMT
#67
On January 09 2009 11:03 Hazz wrote:
this thread depresses me; having never had a gf -_-


Dont feel bad, women arent anything special. You "think" they are because biology put a little itch in your brain that makes you want one, but without that itch, you wouldnt give a crap. Remember that.
iSTime
Profile Joined November 2006
1579 Posts
January 09 2009 02:17 GMT
#68
Women makes the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

But seriously, I think having a woman in your life makes it better overall, and most studies in psychology done have said the same thing.
www.infinityseven.net
diehilde
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany1596 Posts
January 09 2009 02:24 GMT
#69
On January 08 2009 18:49 MyLostTemple wrote:
it really just depends on weather or not you enjoy sex with multiple partners.

I feel sorry for people who think that way, and I dont mean that in a flaming manner at all.
Once you have experienced true love its hard to fathom one can live without it.
When you found the woman you love you would give everything you have to be with her. Not having sex with other women suddenly is a very small sacrifice compared to what you would be willing to sacrifice for her.
Savior: "I will cheat everyone again in SC2!" - SCII Beta Tester
ForVengeance
Profile Joined August 2008
United States111 Posts
January 09 2009 02:31 GMT
#70
I was thinking the other day... if money is supposedly the root of all evil, and money is basically power, and power basically equals "you can get any kind of chick you want", then chicks are the root of all evil. Or at least the desire for chicks is the root of all evil.

So that means porno is a sacred evil fighting entity. If you have (new) porno, you dont need chicks. If no one needed chicks then there would be no need for money or power and evil would either cease to exist or be randomly scattered across a mostly peaceful universe.

God Bless Porno
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
January 09 2009 02:50 GMT
#71
Recall the old expressions "Time is money" and "Money is the root of all evil", thus

time=money
money=root(evil)

Anyone who has had a girlfriend knows that they are basically an investment of time and money, thus

girls=time*money
girls=money^2
girls=[root(evil)]^2
girls=evil

Seriously, though, it's pretty obvious that sharing your life with a girl you love is gonna make it better. That's been consistent with my experiences so far.
hazz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom570 Posts
January 09 2009 02:51 GMT
#72
I don't think porn is a good substitute for sex but there you go
Pseudo_Utopia
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Canada827 Posts
January 09 2009 03:02 GMT
#73
Romance is fun
Emotional connection brings great happiness
Sex is... I won't say no ^_^

There are some good posts in here. I think relationships are one of the most complicated things to learn about in life, which is why it can be frustrating and you can get the impression they're not worth your time. But all things considered I'd never turn my back on relationships because they are a huge part of what makes life worth living.
Retired SchiSm[LighT]
Im-JaY
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada69 Posts
January 09 2009 03:31 GMT
#74
I've been with my girl for almost a year and a half. It definitely been a good thing for me. She's helped me to become a better person. I would say now that I'm more motivated, understanding and nicer to people, along with many other things. Sure sometimes she can be a handful >.<, but thats only very small amount of time. Ninety-nine percent of the time its great and I don't know what I would do without her.
So to answer your question it would be yes, she has made my life much better.
thor jton
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada62 Posts
January 09 2009 03:34 GMT
#75
every single girl i have been with has cheated on my and then dumped me blaming it on me
but it's only been like 5 girls
so i just voted yes because someday i'll find the right one :D
StarSlay3r
Profile Joined December 2008
United States50 Posts
January 09 2009 03:52 GMT
#76
I've had the same problem thor... I think it's because I play games too much though. heh
http://www.StarSlay3r.com
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
January 09 2009 04:00 GMT
#77
On January 09 2009 12:52 StarSlay3r wrote:
I've had the same problem thor... I think it's because I play games too much though. heh


There is no such thing as playing TOO much games. You just have to find that someone who knows as much heh
t_co
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States702 Posts
January 09 2009 04:04 GMT
#78
lived with a girl before, kind of nice to come home and have her waiting for you and do stuff together, hooking up all the time is nice too, but can be annoying at times when her nesting instincts kick in

overall don't get too excited about it though
"Look, don't congratulate us when we buy a company, congratulate us when we sell it. Because any fool can overpay and buy a company, so long as there is money to buy it." --Henry Kravis
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
January 09 2009 04:16 GMT
#79
I can honestly say that meaningful relationships are one of the only things we live for. The vast majority of us need a companion. We need that person that will just be there. Through the hard and the good. Aye it is damn near impossible to meld two individual lives together cohesively. That is why it is always hard at some point. But that strain and work is worth it.

Personally I can attest to the full spectrum. I had a really meaningful relationship that was very difficult. Her parents were going through a divorce, my family was experiencing post-divorce chaos and we ourselves were stressed with college/life in general. It wasn't a great atmosphere. To make matters worse she was my first love and I was inexperienced with relationships on that magnitude. She had to carry a lot of the weight and I had to do a lot of "I am sorry" and "I am learning." Which can get exhausting. But even in all that the tearful talks that only we could have, the walks in the snow or rain.. just to be together, the lazy weekends where we stayed in bed until 5pm or the stressful nights where we didn't sleep and helped each other do homework.. or not do homework as it was sometimes. Those were the kind of things that made any and all of it worthwhile.

When things fell apart I was in shambles. I wasn't the same person for over 6 months. I was depressed, I skipped out on work, I lashed out at friends and family and I thought I'd never be as happy again. But I had the mindset the entire time that I was going to delve into those emotions and experience them, learn from them and grow. Today I know I am twice the man I was and I know it was because it hurt so bad when it ended.

Meaningful relationships are like that drink after a long walk in the desert. It's the one quenching feeling you can obtain like no other.
StarSlay3r
Profile Joined December 2008
United States50 Posts
January 09 2009 05:57 GMT
#80
Yeah but those kind of relationships are hard as HELL to find! I seem to always pick the cheating douchebag guys that are liars. BLAH!

Relationship + Games = awesome... why can't I have both? lol

On a serious note though, Geoff I'm sorry you had to go through that. I had a good meaningful relationship and a daughter and things seemed like they were on track until he started to not trust me. Trust is key in a relationship. I haven't been able to find a meaningful relationship like that in 2 years. I pretty much just stopped trying because it seems like if you try to force a relationship to happen that's when it turns out the worst. :p
http://www.StarSlay3r.com
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings182
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 348
ByuN 298
SHIN 123
MindelVK 28
Railgan 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 75844
Calm 10637
Rain 2510
Bisu 1404
FanTaSy 876
soO 594
Stork 435
Shuttle 349
Soulkey 320
Rush 259
[ Show more ]
Soma 225
firebathero 204
Snow 166
Last 151
Light 99
Mind 80
Pusan 68
ToSsGirL 55
Sea.KH 47
Trap 38
Bale 37
Mong 33
hero 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Sharp 32
Killer 31
Free 22
Aegong 20
sorry 19
Sexy 17
zelot 17
yabsab 16
Shine 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7294
Dendi406
League of Legends
Reynor104
Counter-Strike
x6flipin308
fl0m64
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King71
Other Games
gofns35832
singsing2190
byalli542
B2W.Neo503
Pyrionflax272
ToD114
Chillindude11
Trikslyr0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 91
• Gemini_19 15
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV521
League of Legends
• Jankos3306
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1046
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 1m
OSC
11h 1m
Replay Cast
11h 1m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.