• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:46
CEST 14:46
KST 21:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6738 users

Having a woman in your life - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-08 10:21:42
January 08 2009 10:20 GMT
#21
I have a really good looking and smart girlfriend.. Naturally that makes me happy=)

Been with her 2.5 years and it's still really really nice living with her and all
Sanity.
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States704 Posts
January 08 2009 10:21 GMT
#22
hate being suffocated in relationships, so usually less enjoyable for me. haven't found the right girl yet i suppose.
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
January 08 2009 10:25 GMT
#23
Having the partner you want is the best thing ever, having a partner you don't really want any longer is one of the worst things ever.
KrAzYfoOL
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Australia3037 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-08 10:29:51
January 08 2009 10:29 GMT
#24
I'm far happier now with my one night stands and flings, no clingy g/f ftw.
It's better to burn out than to fade away
Vex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Ireland454 Posts
January 08 2009 10:40 GMT
#25
women are fuckin retarded. LAWL
good 2 have em, but not in relationships.
juggle a few, its so much more fulfilling
"Bonjwa" is the most retarded word ever. Wtf does it even sound like.
KlaCkoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1661 Posts
January 08 2009 10:43 GMT
#26
*shrugs* Depends I guess, Constantly being loved just for who you are feels really nice and boosts your ego somewhat. On the otherhand it will make you stop developing as fast as you would have done as single.
"Voice or no voice the people can always be brought to the bidding of their leaders ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
Sanity.
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States704 Posts
January 08 2009 10:43 GMT
#27
On January 08 2009 19:25 Klockan3 wrote:
Having the partner you want is the best thing ever, having a partner you don't really want any longer is one of the worst things ever.

qft
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
January 08 2009 10:47 GMT
#28
Depends on the woman, but I'd say for the most part better. It feels good to be responsible and have someone there that you can take care of. I'm very family-oriented though...I want to get married as soon as possible, so I may be the exception.
Super serious.
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13529 Posts
January 08 2009 10:52 GMT
#29
It's not always for the best, but you have to take the good with the bad.

Having a GF is annoying at times but for the most part my life is more enjoyable.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-08 11:02:24
January 08 2009 11:01 GMT
#30
I think it was best summed up by comedian Richard Jeni:

Would you rather be lonely, or annoyed?

Which I think hits the nail on the head. Some people love the freedom, some people hate being alone and want that other person there. Then again, he committed suicide, so take his words with a grain of salt.

Personally, I absolutely LOVE having a woman in my life, in fact, I would go so far as to say it's changed my life 180 for the better. Before I met her (currently my fiancee btw), my life wasn't the greatest... was kinda going no where, I felt like something was missing. Sounds like a line from a bad 3am infomercial, but it was kinda true. She really helped pull me out of my rut so to speak, and helped me change a lot of things for the better... I owe a lot to her actually. Not to say we don't have little fights or agree or all the time, and hell, there are times where I do miss my freedom a little bit... but honestly I wouldn't give it up for anything. I love where I'm at right now in my life; before her I could see nothing but brick walls around me, and now I see a clear path.

Again, sounds pretty cheesey but it's true.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
January 08 2009 11:15 GMT
#31
Eh you pretty much summed it up in the OP

A bad relationship = negative

a good relationship = good...


Myself... There have been times when I wished I was single while in a good relationship, but those are usually selfish fleeting emotions... When really pressed I have to say that if the relationship is truly good, then nothing can top it in life.

What more do we want other than the truest possible connection with another human whom we've deemed worthy? (Don't answer that! lmao) Just my 2 cts
BottleAbuser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)1888 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-08 11:33:52
January 08 2009 11:32 GMT
#32
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Also, I think it was Chris Rock who said something similar... "Single and lonely, or married and bored."
Compilers are like boyfriends, you miss a period and they go crazy on you.
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
January 08 2009 12:09 GMT
#33
On January 08 2009 20:01 EvilTeletubby wrote:
I think it was best summed up by comedian Richard Jeni:

Would you rather be lonely, or annoyed?

Which I think hits the nail on the head. Some people love the freedom, some people hate being alone and want that other person there. Then again, he committed suicide, so take his words with a grain of salt.

Personally, I absolutely LOVE having a woman in my life, in fact, I would go so far as to say it's changed my life 180 for the better. Before I met her (currently my fiancee btw), my life wasn't the greatest... was kinda going no where, I felt like something was missing. Sounds like a line from a bad 3am infomercial, but it was kinda true. She really helped pull me out of my rut so to speak, and helped me change a lot of things for the better... I owe a lot to her actually. Not to say we don't have little fights or agree or all the time, and hell, there are times where I do miss my freedom a little bit... but honestly I wouldn't give it up for anything. I love where I'm at right now in my life; before her I could see nothing but brick walls around me, and now I see a clear path.

Again, sounds pretty cheesey but it's true.

QFT
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-08 12:30:22
January 08 2009 12:26 GMT
#34
it is nice every now and then to fuss over little details about yourself in the mirror and fret about things to say and oh no what if your hand will be sweaty when it reaches for hers or if tonight please god oh please!! is the night you will kiss her. it is nice every now and then to have to wait for her while she takes a shower and an impossibly long time putting on makeup, because you know it's all for you anyway and you're going to be too happy to care about delays as soon as she's bouncing about so beautifully beside you. it is always nice to see someone else's faults as inexplicably cute and quirky in a good way, and having the same done for you. it is nice to have a phone call waiting for you on late nights at work.

for most of us, it's a shame relationships can't stay as these surreal dreams forever. the rules for dating now are (almost absurdly) lax, we simply haven't met the right people, and/or are too young to be able/want to deal with the responsibility and bullshit that is forced upon older couples. i'm not ready for it now and probably won't be for a loooonnnngggggg time, but i really really cannot imagine anything more truly fulfilling than finding the right hand to your left and committing to each other in a final mature relationship.

i am hardly a romantic and this probably sounds super lame, but sometimes i feel as if everything i do to improve myself is to better serve this quite singular purpose.
Moderatorsloppy little slug
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
January 08 2009 12:35 GMT
#35
Obviously depends on the partner. I know a lot of people who were in not-so-great relationships but they thought it was "ok" because they got used to living/being with that certain someone. But then they got out and met someone else and were telling me how they can't believe they struggled in the previous relationship as they did.

Now for me, if you would have asked me a few months ago I would have been more inclined to say "less enjoyable" since (at least for me, not for everyone, obviously) girls that I TRULY like are really hard to find (yes, I'm picky, no, I don't have any particular reason to be that way, I'm not awesome myself but meh). So most of my relationships have been going nowhere. But the more people I know the more confident I am that there WILL be someone that I will want to spend 100% of my time with. I won't have it any other way.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
January 08 2009 22:19 GMT
#36
On January 08 2009 20:01 EvilTeletubby wrote:
I think it was best summed up by comedian Richard Jeni:

Would you rather be lonely, or annoyed?

Which I think hits the nail on the head. Some people love the freedom, some people hate being alone and want that other person there. Then again, he committed suicide, so take his words with a grain of salt.

Personally, I absolutely LOVE having a woman in my life, in fact, I would go so far as to say it's changed my life 180 for the better. Before I met her (currently my fiancee btw), my life wasn't the greatest... was kinda going no where, I felt like something was missing. Sounds like a line from a bad 3am infomercial, but it was kinda true. She really helped pull me out of my rut so to speak, and helped me change a lot of things for the better... I owe a lot to her actually. Not to say we don't have little fights or agree or all the time, and hell, there are times where I do miss my freedom a little bit... but honestly I wouldn't give it up for anything. I love where I'm at right now in my life; before her I could see nothing but brick walls around me, and now I see a clear path.

Again, sounds pretty cheesey but it's true.


Well said
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
January 08 2009 22:27 GMT
#37
Men's life expectancy increases if they're married and women's decreases. I think it's worth it.
rushz0rz
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Canada5300 Posts
January 08 2009 22:28 GMT
#38
I met my girlfriend almost a year ago and my life has been great ever since. I started to read a lot more and became much more aware of my education and need for one. Before I had no goals, and she helped me realize that education is important and now I am planning to go to University.
IntoTheRainBOw fan~
zobz
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada2175 Posts
January 08 2009 22:28 GMT
#39
Vague question, not enough options on the poll. It depends on the woman, and the man.
"That's not gonna be good for business." "That's not gonna be good for anybody."
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-09 04:55:59
January 08 2009 22:32 GMT
#40
I am currently in a long term relationship with a girl for over 2 years now. I really don't take the relationship as serious as her (she likes me more than I like her).

She will do almost anything for me and this is definitely worth the friendship by itself. Sometimes she can be a huge bitch though and/or just piss me off for being dumb. I can pretty much call her up anytime and get her to go eat somewhere or go somewhere with me. She's reliable company.

She's not a drop dead gorgeous type of girl or the fittest of girls but she can look sexy and has a pretty assertive attitude (even if she is not the most intelligent girl). Also she is pretty good in bed and likes to watch porn more than I do. And she's bi so she is always hooking up with other chicks (usually hot) and will hopefully bring one home one day.

She does have many annoying qualities but I suppose that goes for most friends and you just deal with them.

Overall, I think my life would be worse without her right now. Well I wouldn't say worse, because I'd probably have more money and other female companions. But it would be less easy going. I am content.

PS- She would be totally butt hurt if I told her most of this but she would get over it in a day.


I think this topic is pretty specific to a certain type of guy who lets a girl rule his life. You can't take shit from any ho imo.


PPS- I've had shorter relationships in the past that have inspired me to be a better man, or improve my life in order to improve their life. Those ones got away, it was still worth it though.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings215
SHIN 133
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 600
SHIN 133
Railgan 57
MindelVK 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 70463
Calm 11058
Rain 2444
Bisu 1660
FanTaSy 848
Stork 559
soO 533
Shuttle 520
Rush 273
Soma 246
[ Show more ]
firebathero 215
Snow 214
Last 194
Light 122
Mind 105
Pusan 73
Sharp 59
Sea.KH 58
hero 47
ToSsGirL 46
Bale 38
Free 36
Trap 34
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 26
Mong 24
zelot 18
Sexy 15
yabsab 15
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
Noble 11
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8723
Dendi807
Counter-Strike
fl0m1717
byalli972
x6flipin502
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns38746
singsing2216
B2W.Neo654
Pyrionflax257
Trikslyr40
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 87
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 5
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV490
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis2458
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1294
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 15m
OSC
10h 15m
Replay Cast
10h 15m
OSC
23h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.