• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11005 users

Coronavirus and You - Page 20

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 699 Next
Any and all updates regarding the COVID-19 will need a source provided. Please do your part in helping us to keep this thread maintainable and under control.

It is YOUR responsibility to fully read through the sources that you link, and you MUST provide a brief summary explaining what the source is about. Do not expect other people to do the work for you.

Conspiracy theories and fear mongering will absolutely not be tolerated in this thread. Expect harsh mod actions if you try to incite fear needlessly.

This is not a politics thread! You are allowed to post information regarding politics if it's related to the coronavirus, but do NOT discuss politics in here.

Added a disclaimer on page 662. Many need to post better.
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-11 17:05:53
March 11 2020 17:05 GMT
#381
On March 12 2020 01:35 Bonyth wrote:
How are shops looking in the infected countries? Food, water, toilet paper, basic stuff. My mum is freaking out, and I want to have another point of view from other more infected statistically countries.

Germany. Haven't seen any shortage of anything but hand sanitizer myself. Or masks but the lack of both doesn't really phase me much.

Supermarkets report higher turnover regarding toilet paper but it wasn't sold out anywhere I've been to.
Our health minister criticised people posting empty shelves on social media because assuredly these were restocked shortly afterwards. And imo that's a fair criticism for these stupid clickbait photos.
passive quaranstream fan
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
March 11 2020 17:12 GMT
#382
Supermarkets in France haven't seen any kind of shortages that I know of.
Hospitals are obviously running out of masks, lots are stolen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
March 11 2020 17:26 GMT
#383
3 cases in Minnesota and they're already talking about cancelling classes, sports, etc.

Guess my state's government isnt fucking around.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
March 11 2020 17:49 GMT
#384
Germany. i work in social care for a major german city. Today we have new safety precautions that basically are intended to keep our contact with customers (receivers of social help, that is), to a minimum. It sucks coz it makes work complicated, but i guess its good my employee cares about my health.
Broodwar for life!
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-11 17:55:31
March 11 2020 17:51 GMT
#385
On March 12 2020 02:49 Cele wrote:
Germany. i work in social care for a major german city. Today we have new safety precautions that basically are intended to keep our contact with customers (receivers of social help, that is), to a minimum. It sucks coz it makes work complicated, but i guess its good my employee cares about my health.


Think the opposite direction as well. The people that require social help are more likely to be in risk groups.
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
March 11 2020 18:10 GMT
#386
I heard we have our first case here in Spotsylvania county in Virginia, so that should be something.

My friend in Memphis also told me a week ago the hospital he lives behind has someone with corona virus now.

Sure is gettin’ around
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
Dan HH
Profile Joined July 2012
Romania9246 Posts
March 11 2020 18:14 GMT
#387
On March 11 2020 21:42 Harris1st wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2020 20:59 Geo.Rion wrote:
All this was instituted in the past 24-48 hours, when the government found out that tens of thousands people are returning (have returned) from Italy, most of them went unchecked (lied about their stay, avoided checkpoints etc).


But why? I can somewhat understand US Citizens because their health care is shit and everyone knows it.

Why lie? Why not get tested? Don't people wanna know? I don't get it


The people in mandatory self-isolation aren't being tested unless they develop serious symptoms.
warding
Profile Joined August 2005
Portugal2397 Posts
March 11 2020 18:19 GMT
#388
On March 12 2020 01:48 VHbb wrote:
I'm from Milan, Italy. I currently live in France.

On the other side, here in France people are *not* worried. I have many friends from the region, even doctors (don't know why I have many doctor friends, I'm not in the field...) who keep going to concerts / restaurants / taking public transports.. the general feeling is that if possible one should find a way to avoid the very light restrictions imposed by the french government. E.g., since events with more then 1000 people are banned, they organize events with *just* 1000 people.


I sincerely hope that this will hit France lighter than Italy, but at this point it seems impossible. We (in France) are simply ~ 10 days behind, nothing else.
I speak with people here and they tell me I'm just exaggerating. Then I talk to my family and I hear that it's worse and worse. The disconnect between the two perceptions is very troubling.
I don't really know what I can do other than keep talking with people here, and take my own personal measures to reduce / avoid contacts, but the feeling is a bit frustrating and disheartening ...

This sounds very strange to me. Portugal has 59 cases and yet everyone is freaking out. Or at least that's my perception, influenced by the fact that directly affected by it because my company is directly affected by it (education sector). Right now we're making projections until October and seeing how long we can possibly survive and how.

Meanwhile I just learned that my landlord is not renewing the contract so I'm going to be out in two months, rents in Lisbon are insane and at this point my livelihood is at stake. It'd be quite ironical to be left homeless at a time of widespread home quarantines. At this point it's quite hard to empathise with those not taking the virus seriously.
CuddlyCuteKitten
Profile Joined January 2004
Sweden2893 Posts
March 11 2020 18:19 GMT
#389
My job probably just started canceling meetings, non-essential travel and conferences.

Not because of risk for infection (at least officially) but rather because they want to free up resource. I'm in an umbrella organisation that contains all government care so it kind of makes sense but at the same time it doesn't because we can't really help with this.

So probably my mini conference is canceled next week but we will see.
Unity, support, family, and kneecapping bitches.
atmankulkarni
Profile Joined October 2016
India109 Posts
March 11 2020 18:29 GMT
#390
Some general information about Viruses & why washing hands is important to minimize the spread. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1236549305189597189.html
"Hakuna Matata"
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 11 2020 18:31 GMT
#391
As a non-savvy investor I'm tempted to liquidate everything I own and sit on cash. I just went to Europe with my wife and the paranoia was progressively building, I'm glad I managed to return home without issue. But the 3 weeks in Europe ended costing less than what I "lost" from the markets getting crushed. Pretty shit circumstances to be looking for a job too.

2020 sucks so fucking hard and we're not even a fourth of the way into it.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 11 2020 18:39 GMT
#392
On March 12 2020 03:31 Djzapz wrote:
As a non-savvy investor I'm tempted to liquidate everything I own and sit on cash. I just went to Europe with my wife and the paranoia was progressively building, I'm glad I managed to return home without issue. But the 3 weeks in Europe ended costing less than what I "lost" from the markets getting crushed. Pretty shit circumstances to be looking for a job too.

2020 sucks so fucking hard and we're not even a fourth of the way into it.


Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If deflation is the nail, you can guess what the hammer is going to be.

I'm ironically less afraid now than before shit started to officially get serious. Trying to enjoy going out as much as I can before a lockdown comes. Numbers of recoveries also give some hope, but I seriously hope this thing doesn't persist in some blood cells.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 11 2020 19:00 GMT
#393
On March 12 2020 03:39 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2020 03:31 Djzapz wrote:
As a non-savvy investor I'm tempted to liquidate everything I own and sit on cash. I just went to Europe with my wife and the paranoia was progressively building, I'm glad I managed to return home without issue. But the 3 weeks in Europe ended costing less than what I "lost" from the markets getting crushed. Pretty shit circumstances to be looking for a job too.

2020 sucks so fucking hard and we're not even a fourth of the way into it.


Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If deflation is the nail, you can guess what the hammer is going to be.

I'm ironically less afraid now than before shit started to officially get serious. Trying to enjoy going out as much as I can before a lockdown comes. Numbers of recoveries also give some hope, but I seriously hope this thing doesn't persist in some blood cells.

I'm very diversified but it's still all coming down together. Visited Vienna btw, cool place
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17915 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-11 19:07:44
March 11 2020 19:05 GMT
#394
Golden State Warriors and San Jose Sharks will play their upcoming games with no fans in attendance. Both cities are within a one hour drive of each other on the west coast of California.

Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
March 11 2020 19:24 GMT
#395
WHO: Global Pandemic

My job: You can work from home if you absolutely insist, but keep in mind we don't want you to.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-11 21:50:23
March 11 2020 19:39 GMT
#396
Treasuries have been on a tear lately. That and puts have been keeping my portfolio relatively stable.

Amazon propping up all the stores and restaurants that normally feed its employees: https://seattle.eater.com/2020/3/10/21173883/amazon-5-million-fund-small-businesses-affected-coronavirus

Seattle closes schools: https://q13fox.com/2020/03/11/seattle-public-schools-to-close-for-two-weeks/
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
March 11 2020 20:12 GMT
#397
Denmark will essentially close down now - at least for 14 days until further notice.
TiQ.SinGi
Profile Joined December 2004
Norway386 Posts
March 11 2020 20:28 GMT
#398
Norway... just a mess now sadly :-( Daily we now have massive increase in positive tests. Getting to the top of the list of infected pr 100.000 capita soon T_T Our government and healthcare officials are slowly (and I mean reaaaally slowly) starting to realize that what is happening now is going to affect everyone. Truly so many here are in tears over the slow ass response. Especially the Norwegian Directorate of Health. Other norwegians out here, you know what I'm talking about.
“Approved attributes and their relation to face make every man his own jailer; this is a fundamental social constraint even though each man may like his cell.” -Goffman
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
March 11 2020 21:02 GMT
#399
On March 12 2020 03:19 warding wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2020 01:48 VHbb wrote:
I'm from Milan, Italy. I currently live in France.

On the other side, here in France people are *not* worried. I have many friends from the region, even doctors (don't know why I have many doctor friends, I'm not in the field...) who keep going to concerts / restaurants / taking public transports.. the general feeling is that if possible one should find a way to avoid the very light restrictions imposed by the french government. E.g., since events with more then 1000 people are banned, they organize events with *just* 1000 people.


I sincerely hope that this will hit France lighter than Italy, but at this point it seems impossible. We (in France) are simply ~ 10 days behind, nothing else.
I speak with people here and they tell me I'm just exaggerating. Then I talk to my family and I hear that it's worse and worse. The disconnect between the two perceptions is very troubling.
I don't really know what I can do other than keep talking with people here, and take my own personal measures to reduce / avoid contacts, but the feeling is a bit frustrating and disheartening ...

This sounds very strange to me. Portugal has 59 cases and yet everyone is freaking out. Or at least that's my perception, influenced by the fact that directly affected by it because my company is directly affected by it (education sector). Right now we're making projections until October and seeing how long we can possibly survive and how.

Meanwhile I just learned that my landlord is not renewing the contract so I'm going to be out in two months, rents in Lisbon are insane and at this point my livelihood is at stake. It'd be quite ironical to be left homeless at a time of widespread home quarantines. At this point it's quite hard to empathise with those not taking the virus seriously.


In Bulgaria we only have 4 confirmed cases and sadly as of today 1 death in the capital Sofia. I'm a Pharmacist and I work in a Pharmacy store in Sofia and things were really panicy even before there were any confirmed cases. Now with the news spread of 4 cases and 1 person dying... We have a lot more work, but the majority of the work is because of flu epidemic and pensions days... Coronavirus only added more work, with majority of people coming to ask for face masks, hand sanitizers and alcohol which we have a great shortage of. The scary thing is that people oversupply their medications if we allow it and get really angry if we limit the amount of drugs they can buy, because there isn't enough for everyone...
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 11 2020 21:35 GMT
#400
Whilst egoistical behaviour is not unexpected, I'd like to hear any stories that support the notion of common good, if anyone comes across some or even is part of them.
Whereas I would classify everyone working in public care (from nurse to pharmacy workers) as such.
I mean, you could probably make a fortune in buying the meds yourself and selling them off on eBay for thrice as much.
passive quaranstream fan
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 699 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 623
ProTech131
UpATreeSC 125
JuggernautJason48
MindelVK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31332
Calm 3035
Shuttle 825
firebathero 161
Mini 120
Dewaltoss 115
HiyA 28
Hyun 28
Bale 27
NaDa 25
[ Show more ]
soO 23
Aegong 19
PianO 19
Free 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7779
XaKoH 279
Fuzer 147
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1609
fl0m1463
x6flipin258
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu568
Other Games
FrodaN1260
Beastyqt774
ceh9551
B2W.Neo546
mouzStarbuck410
Livibee191
byalli153
C9.Mang0127
RotterdaM104
KnowMe99
ToD95
Trikslyr79
Mew2King56
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie801
• WagamamaTV262
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 33m
Replay Cast
4h 18m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.