• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:22
CEST 17:22
KST 00:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9313 users

Gay Scout Resolution - Page 13

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 25 Next All
NibbloniaN
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States377 Posts
June 07 2012 23:38 GMT
#241
Why would gay people even want to be in scouts? Being out in the woods alone with just other guys...oh, I get it
But seriously, I think they should be allowed to be boy scouts if they want, I would just feel bad for them because boys that age like to tease a lot and they might be bullied out of going
My folks were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?
TrickyGilligan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States641 Posts
June 08 2012 00:01 GMT
#242
On June 08 2012 07:51 austinmcc wrote:
Was anyone here a Boy Scout in a troop that was openly anti-gay?

Maybe I had an odd troop, because we weren't church-sponsored, but we had at least one gay kid in our troop that we knew of. Just because the BSA formalized some anti-gay policy doesn't mean the uniforms wouldn't fit on gay kids or that they're coming around with the gaydar and kicking out anyone who pings. If your troop wasn't homophobic, my experience with mine, and what I'm guessing was other scouts' experience as well, was that they weren't going to kick you out over "policy."

Show nested quote +
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/06/12086046-boy-scouts-review-controversial-anti-gay-policy?lite
The new policy would throw out the national ban and allow local chartering organizations to decide whether or not they would accept gay youth and leaders, said Zach Wahls, an Eagle Scout who has advocated for the change, citing unidentified people he spoke to who attended the group's national annual meeting last week where the proposal was made.
This change isn't nearly as big a change as anyone is making it out to be. The national organization is NEVER attending local scout meetings, telling you who can and can't be in your troop. If anyone has been anti-gay, it's been at the troop and council level, more local, and the change just keeps that in place.

All this does is maybe open up troops that were fine with gay scouts but for some reason not allowing it because that was "policy." Which I'm guessing is a very, very low number.


I was also in a non-church affiliated troop. It was great, had a good time. However, while our troop never had an issues with gay kids that I know of, our council did.

One of my friends was gay, and was about to make Eagle. He was the perfect boy scout too. Spoke 4+ languages, organized an amazing Eagle project with over 100 volunteers, served as Senior Patrol Leader, the list just goes on. Everyone knew he was gay, but he hadn't come out and said it, so technically he was "in the closet" and the organization turned a blind eye. But, he decided to make a point, and came out very openly and made sure the BSA knew all about it.

They kicked his ass out, didn't even let him get his Eagle. I'm still pretty pissed about it, put a big black mark on an otherwise awesome time in scouting.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -Groucho Marx
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
June 08 2012 00:14 GMT
#243
On June 08 2012 08:22 Savio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 08:18 Loanshark wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Ehhhh just because you let gays join up doesn't mean that there's going to suddenly be close bodily contact going on.


Hence, why I would feel the same sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would feel sending my son with homosexual men. Either way, there shouldn't be contact, but the worry would be there.

Which is why I would feel the same either way.

Its not a very complicated concept. It basically means having the same concern for homosexuality as you do for heterosexuality.


This sounds paranoid, rather than homophobic. Would you similarly be worried about co-ed roommates or homosexual roommates? What if the scout leader was married?
oldgregg
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand1176 Posts
June 08 2012 00:19 GMT
#244
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia
Calculatedly addicted to Substance D for profit by drug terrorists
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 00:29:13
June 08 2012 00:24 GMT
#245
On June 08 2012 07:56 Rhine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 05:42 RodrigoX wrote:
The Boy Scouts of America banning gay people is 100 percent completely reasonable. It is a social club. A club with their own rules and policies. It is also completely legal because in their bi-laws they state no homosexuals should participate. I mean nobody allows open and practicing Muslims in Catholics parishes. White people in Black student Scholarship funds.

The boy scouts is an idea, and unfortunately homosexuals do not conform to that idea. If they wanted to be part of the Boy scouts they should you know, stop being gay.

This may seem to be a bigoted position, but it is a Christian organization. Homosexuality presents a lifestyle that is not Christian. I mean, why don't gay people start a Boy Scouts esq organization that accepts all kinds of ideals. It is a group for like minded people. Gay people are not like minded in the sense of the Boy Scouts of America.

Edit: It is wrong for the Transportation system to discriminant because it is not a private industry. It is a completely public industry. I mean the only reason a restaurant can not decline serving black people is because of the idea of a centrally planned economy. If it was a completely capitalist economy, discrimination if anything is enforced. I mean sure, if you wanted to make clubs and organizations publically owned then sure, lets have the government control everything. But if you still want an organization to be privately owned, and let them to do them, then leave them be to their own ideals.


Sure, but then they shouldn't receive tax money.


I don't know if you realize this from all the way up on your holy arches, but homosexuality has been rampant in Christianity since the time of Christ. Perhaps instead of having an argument that you even claims "seems bigoted", because it is bigoted, you should rethink your contradictory old age idiotic brainwashed inequitable logic based on bullshit and join the real world... Where the world was created billions of years ago, the world is not flat and the sun does not (incase you didn't catch that) revolve around earth

On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia


That's the issue with formulating an opinion based on personal generalizations from being in a field where you are only surrounded with specific stereotypes... Basically she is generalizing all gay men as men that would have sex with children just based on sexuality... So in fact, associated all gays with being molesters. Perhaps your not suited for the correct job, seeing as I feel your advice can change lives, and obviously you have a very easily compelled generic personality which stereotypes.
FoTG fighting!
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 00:28:08
June 08 2012 00:27 GMT
#246
second double post of the day
FoTG fighting!
AmorFatiAbyss
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
51 Posts
June 08 2012 00:30 GMT
#247
If this is an internal decision they are choosing to make then I support it. If they are being strongly pressured, which they no doubt are, and are caving in to that pressure, then I don't support it. And no they shouldn't receive federal funding.
AmorFatiAbyss
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
51 Posts
June 08 2012 00:39 GMT
#248
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 01:01:22
June 08 2012 01:00 GMT
#249
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.
FoTG fighting!
Uncultured
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1340 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 01:14:25
June 08 2012 01:10 GMT
#250
On June 08 2012 10:00 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.


Why does federal funding suddenly mean open to everyone? There are other organizations that discriminate against whatever they choose (say, drug testing for jobs) and still receive federal funding. A lot of people tend to argue that because they're paying for it they don't want their money funding bigotry. Well, news flash guys, you don't get to choose where your tax money goes. It can go anywhere and everywhere. It is often spent on things you will be against, whether it be economical, political, or social.

If you have a problem with your money funding something that doesn't align with your views petition to have that funding removed, don't petition to change an organizations values.

And before you go spouting off about national rights and other people doing the research how about you point out which right that is exactly?
Don't you rage when you lose too? -FruitDealer
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 01:17:42
June 08 2012 01:14 GMT
#251
On June 08 2012 10:10 Uncultured wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 10:00 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.


Why does federal funding suddenly mean open to everyone? There are other organizations that discriminate against whatever they choose (say, drug testing for jobs) and still receive federal funding. A lot of people tend to argue that because they're paying for it they don't want their money funding bigotry. Well, news flash guys, you don't get to choose where your tax money goes. It can go anywhere and everywhere. It is often spent on things you will be against, whether it be economical, political, or social.


Why wouldn't federal funding (meaning the miniscule percentage of the childs parents who's kid is rejected) matter? Drug testing, you bumbling idiot, isn't discrimination at all... If they only drug tested blacks/hispanics then yes that would be discrimination but equal testing is equality... Drug testing... Why are the worst arguments in the world always formulated on the side who approves of bigotry.

When you use federal funding, you are no longer privately operated... As private as you want to be, it's now a public institution (or partially) and such all of the public (while abiding by the law) should be able to participate...

Oh and let me get this straight, you're saying that tax payers dollars should support bigotry because in the past others have supported bigotry and idiots will always be bigots so let them be? Just curious on your stance.
FoTG fighting!
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
June 08 2012 01:15 GMT
#252
On June 08 2012 08:28 Zaros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 08:21 NoDDiE wrote:
im kinda happy i live in a country in which such situation would just make huge LOL.
on the side note what would happen if suddenly everyone would start being homo ?XD world would die?


World would at least be a good place for a bit.


Lol I do hope you're joking. As if sexual preferences define good and evil. xD
Uncultured
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1340 Posts
June 08 2012 01:16 GMT
#253
On June 08 2012 10:14 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 10:10 Uncultured wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:00 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.


Why does federal funding suddenly mean open to everyone? There are other organizations that discriminate against whatever they choose (say, drug testing for jobs) and still receive federal funding. A lot of people tend to argue that because they're paying for it they don't want their money funding bigotry. Well, news flash guys, you don't get to choose where your tax money goes. It can go anywhere and everywhere. It is often spent on things you will be against, whether it be economical, political, or social.


Why wouldn't federal funding (meaning the miniscule percentage of the childs parents who's kid is rejected) matter? Drug testing, you bumbling idiot, isn't discrimination at all... Why are the worst arguments in the world always formulated on the side who approves of bigotry.

When you use federal funding, you are no longer privately operated... As private as you want to be, it's now a public institution (or partially) and such all of the public (while abiding by the law) should be able to participate...

Oh and let me get this straight, you're saying that tax payers dollars should support bigotry because in the past others have supported bigotry and idiots will always be bigots so let them be? Just curious on your stance.
'

Sorry you lost me at the insults. And yes, drug tests are discriminatory.Often people with medical issues can't get jobs because of their legal meds.

Read my edit if you want further explanations. Vote where your money goes, not what the practices of the organization it goes to are.

Have a nice day.
Don't you rage when you lose too? -FruitDealer
oldgregg
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand1176 Posts
June 08 2012 01:17 GMT
#254
On June 08 2012 10:10 Uncultured wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 10:00 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.


Why does federal funding suddenly mean open to everyone? There are other organizations that discriminate against whatever they choose (say, drug testing for jobs) and still receive federal funding. A lot of people tend to argue that because they're paying for it they don't want their money funding bigotry. Well, news flash guys, you don't get to choose where your tax money goes. It can go anywhere and everywhere. It is often spent on things you will be against, whether it be economical, political, or social.

If you have a problem with your money funding something that doesn't align with your views petition to have that funding removed, don't petition to change an organizations values.

And before you go spouting off about national rights and other people doing the research how about you point out which right that is exactly?


It's not a question of who is funding it, it's question of whether an organization's right to discriminate against gay people is more important than the gay person's right to join that organization
Calculatedly addicted to Substance D for profit by drug terrorists
Uncultured
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1340 Posts
June 08 2012 01:19 GMT
#255
On June 08 2012 10:17 oldgregg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 10:10 Uncultured wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:00 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.


Why does federal funding suddenly mean open to everyone? There are other organizations that discriminate against whatever they choose (say, drug testing for jobs) and still receive federal funding. A lot of people tend to argue that because they're paying for it they don't want their money funding bigotry. Well, news flash guys, you don't get to choose where your tax money goes. It can go anywhere and everywhere. It is often spent on things you will be against, whether it be economical, political, or social.

If you have a problem with your money funding something that doesn't align with your views petition to have that funding removed, don't petition to change an organizations values.

And before you go spouting off about national rights and other people doing the research how about you point out which right that is exactly?


It's not a question of who is funding it, it's question of whether an organization's right to discriminate against gay people is more important than the gay person's right to join that organization


Why should you have the right to join an organization that you don't agree with, just because you pay for it through taxes? How is that not putting unnecessary burden on the organization? Either they forsake their values(however misguided and bigoted they are) and let someone in who doesn't share their opinions. Or they lose face for standing by their values and not letting someone in who doesn't share their opinions.
Don't you rage when you lose too? -FruitDealer
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 01:25:09
June 08 2012 01:20 GMT
#256
On June 08 2012 10:17 oldgregg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 10:10 Uncultured wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:00 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:08 Savio wrote:
I would feel as awkward sending my sons to go sleep in a tent with gay grown men as I would sending my daughter of the same age to sleep in a tent with heterosexual grown men.

Seems like the BSA might have a reason to strike the resolution down.

Doesn't seem all that complicated to me.


Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.


Why does federal funding suddenly mean open to everyone? There are other organizations that discriminate against whatever they choose (say, drug testing for jobs) and still receive federal funding. A lot of people tend to argue that because they're paying for it they don't want their money funding bigotry. Well, news flash guys, you don't get to choose where your tax money goes. It can go anywhere and everywhere. It is often spent on things you will be against, whether it be economical, political, or social.

If you have a problem with your money funding something that doesn't align with your views petition to have that funding removed, don't petition to change an organizations values.

And before you go spouting off about national rights and other people doing the research how about you point out which right that is exactly?


It's not a question of who is funding it, it's question of whether an organization's right to discriminate against gay people is more important than the gay person's right to join that organization


It is exactly that question, when an organization is publicly funded it has to abide by standards based on equality because equal people pay for it... If you create a private group (privately funded) you can ban anyone on any grounds, if it is publicly funded then no, you must adhere to general civil rights.

Obviously since it is federally funded, the organization has zero right to make any claims on civil issues regarding homosexuality/ethnic/race...

If it was private, then yes they have every right to do what they want with their time alone.


On June 08 2012 10:19 Uncultured wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 10:17 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:10 Uncultured wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:00 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
[quote]

Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.


Why does federal funding suddenly mean open to everyone? There are other organizations that discriminate against whatever they choose (say, drug testing for jobs) and still receive federal funding. A lot of people tend to argue that because they're paying for it they don't want their money funding bigotry. Well, news flash guys, you don't get to choose where your tax money goes. It can go anywhere and everywhere. It is often spent on things you will be against, whether it be economical, political, or social.

If you have a problem with your money funding something that doesn't align with your views petition to have that funding removed, don't petition to change an organizations values.

And before you go spouting off about national rights and other people doing the research how about you point out which right that is exactly?


It's not a question of who is funding it, it's question of whether an organization's right to discriminate against gay people is more important than the gay person's right to join that organization


Why should you have the right to join an organization that you don't agree with, just because you pay for it through taxes? How is that not putting unnecessary burden on the organization? Either they forsake their values(however misguided and bigoted they are) and let someone in who doesn't share their opinions. Or they lose face for standing by their values and not letting someone in who doesn't share their opinions.


stated above, if they want medieval values, they can support themselves through fundraising and not through federal budgeting. Seems like when it's paid by the people, it should be for the people not for specific people who choose to be bigots.

To elaborate, simply put, if 100 people (sample size since apparently something like 7% of americans have been boy scouts) pay 100 dollars for something together, 1% can't simply just waltz in and say "ok this half, yes you... you still give us the money, but you can't join us when we use it... Oh and you too, I don't enjoy your look, you sit back down"

That's not how it works, and it shouldn't be permitted.
FoTG fighting!
Heavenlee
Profile Joined April 2012
United States966 Posts
June 08 2012 01:23 GMT
#257
On June 08 2012 10:16 Uncultured wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 10:14 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:10 Uncultured wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:00 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
[quote]

Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.


Why does federal funding suddenly mean open to everyone? There are other organizations that discriminate against whatever they choose (say, drug testing for jobs) and still receive federal funding. A lot of people tend to argue that because they're paying for it they don't want their money funding bigotry. Well, news flash guys, you don't get to choose where your tax money goes. It can go anywhere and everywhere. It is often spent on things you will be against, whether it be economical, political, or social.


Why wouldn't federal funding (meaning the miniscule percentage of the childs parents who's kid is rejected) matter? Drug testing, you bumbling idiot, isn't discrimination at all... Why are the worst arguments in the world always formulated on the side who approves of bigotry.

When you use federal funding, you are no longer privately operated... As private as you want to be, it's now a public institution (or partially) and such all of the public (while abiding by the law) should be able to participate...

Oh and let me get this straight, you're saying that tax payers dollars should support bigotry because in the past others have supported bigotry and idiots will always be bigots so let them be? Just curious on your stance.
'

Sorry you lost me at the insults. And yes, drug tests are discriminatory.Often people with medical issues can't get jobs because of their legal meds.

Read my edit if you want further explanations. Vote where your money goes, not what the practices of the organization it goes to are.

Have a nice day.


Not sure if serious. You are given a drug test for jobs because, guess what, illegal drugs are illegal and criminals should not be working trusted positions. Those who have medical issues can't get jobs because, guess what, those legal meds make them unable to properly do their job. This literally has nothing to do with being gay, which has no affect whatsoever on your performance at your job as a scout leader. Wow.
how2TL
Profile Joined August 2010
1197 Posts
June 08 2012 01:23 GMT
#258
On June 08 2012 08:38 NibbloniaN wrote:
Why would gay people even want to be in scouts? Being out in the woods alone with just other guys...oh, I get it
But seriously, I think they should be allowed to be boy scouts if they want, I would just feel bad for them because boys that age like to tease a lot and they might be bullied out of going


Boys tease and bully? Wow I guess fat kids, those with acne, or any other "abnormal" condition should not apply either.
Zaros
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom3692 Posts
June 08 2012 01:24 GMT
#259
On June 08 2012 10:15 Psychobabas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 08:28 Zaros wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:21 NoDDiE wrote:
im kinda happy i live in a country in which such situation would just make huge LOL.
on the side note what would happen if suddenly everyone would start being homo ?XD world would die?


World would at least be a good place for a bit.


Lol I do hope you're joking. As if sexual preferences define good and evil. xD


i meant good as in awesome not as in good and evil.
Uncultured
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1340 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 01:25:21
June 08 2012 01:24 GMT
#260
On June 08 2012 10:20 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 10:17 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:10 Uncultured wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:00 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:11 oldgregg wrote:
[quote]

Why? Are all gay men sexual predators?


Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.


Why does federal funding suddenly mean open to everyone? There are other organizations that discriminate against whatever they choose (say, drug testing for jobs) and still receive federal funding. A lot of people tend to argue that because they're paying for it they don't want their money funding bigotry. Well, news flash guys, you don't get to choose where your tax money goes. It can go anywhere and everywhere. It is often spent on things you will be against, whether it be economical, political, or social.

If you have a problem with your money funding something that doesn't align with your views petition to have that funding removed, don't petition to change an organizations values.

And before you go spouting off about national rights and other people doing the research how about you point out which right that is exactly?


It's not a question of who is funding it, it's question of whether an organization's right to discriminate against gay people is more important than the gay person's right to join that organization


It is exactly that question, when an organization is publicly funded it has to abide by standards based on equality because equal people pay for it... If you create a private group (privately funded) you can ban anyone on any grounds, if it is publicly funded then no, you must adhere to general civil rights.

Obviously since it is federally funded, the organization has zero right to make any claims on civil issues regarding homosexuality/ethnic/race...

If it was private, then yes they have every right to do what they want with their time alone.


Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 10:19 Uncultured wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:17 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:10 Uncultured wrote:
On June 08 2012 10:00 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:39 AmorFatiAbyss wrote:
On June 08 2012 09:19 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:31 Savio wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:25 oldgregg wrote:
On June 08 2012 08:15 Savio wrote:
[quote]

Are all heterosexual men predators? I said I would feel the same either way.

That's why I said it seems pretty simple. Assuming that neither heterosexuality or homosexuality is associated with more "predatorness" or more pedophilia, I would feel the SAME sending my daughter with heterosexual men as I would sending my son with homosexual men.


Well according to you yes. You don't have a very high opinion of men do you?


I'm a psychiatrist so I deal with people who had the worst done to them. Puts a person on guard after a while.


So you admit you're being abit paranoid then? Human rights shouldn't be violated because of paranoia

It's a human right to be allowed into a club? Let's not over do it here.


It's a national right the child has when the institution is federally funded (even partially) so perhaps you should end the condescending tone and research the topic.


Why does federal funding suddenly mean open to everyone? There are other organizations that discriminate against whatever they choose (say, drug testing for jobs) and still receive federal funding. A lot of people tend to argue that because they're paying for it they don't want their money funding bigotry. Well, news flash guys, you don't get to choose where your tax money goes. It can go anywhere and everywhere. It is often spent on things you will be against, whether it be economical, political, or social.

If you have a problem with your money funding something that doesn't align with your views petition to have that funding removed, don't petition to change an organizations values.

And before you go spouting off about national rights and other people doing the research how about you point out which right that is exactly?


It's not a question of who is funding it, it's question of whether an organization's right to discriminate against gay people is more important than the gay person's right to join that organization


Why should you have the right to join an organization that you don't agree with, just because you pay for it through taxes? How is that not putting unnecessary burden on the organization? Either they forsake their values(however misguided and bigoted they are) and let someone in who doesn't share their opinions. Or they lose face for standing by their values and not letting someone in who doesn't share their opinions.


stated above, if they want medieval values, they can support themselves through fundraising and not through federal budgeting. Seems like when it's paid by the people, it should be for the people not for specific people who choose to be bigots.


That sounds great and is very idealistic, but it isn't how it works in reality. Federally funded construction companies wont hire overweight people. Federally funded corporations wont hire unqualified workers. Just because it's federally funded doesn't mean they can't discriminate by their own standards.
Don't you rage when you lose too? -FruitDealer
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5168
Bisu 2910
Soulkey 1644
Jaedong 712
EffOrt 543
Mini 518
Horang2 420
Larva 354
ZerO 277
actioN 273
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 232
Mind 96
sorry 92
Dewaltoss 89
Sharp 78
Sea.KH 77
Shinee 70
hero 68
Barracks 58
Pusan 58
Snow 55
Hyun 47
Bale 32
ToSsGirL 26
Trap 20
Rock 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Terrorterran 17
Sacsri 13
NaDa 13
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5426
qojqva2303
Dendi1218
420jenkins209
Counter-Strike
fl0m2595
Fnx 665
x6flipin431
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi930
hiko928
B2W.Neo482
crisheroes281
DeMusliM281
XBOCT213
Livibee198
Liquid`VortiX182
QueenE102
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 80
• mYiSmile133
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV644
League of Legends
• Nemesis3477
• TFBlade574
• Noizen111
Other Games
• Shiphtur344
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 38m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.