• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:26
CEST 14:26
KST 21:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8551 users

ElkY vs RaSZi Kickboxing fight

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
gaston116
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden73 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 17:51:48
November 23 2011 17:23 GMT
#1


Bertrand "Elky" Grospellier against Lex "RaSZi" Veldhuis both former BW players fights eachother.
From 2+2
"original bet was 50k euro, but Lex said the total amount was 'sixfigs' (including sideaction), he didnt want to say an exact total."

From Lex website

+ Show Spoiler +
Me:

- Did boxing for 1.5 years when I was 16. I trained once a week for a couple of months at the time, totalling 15-20 lessons. The footwork taught in boxing actually hurt me, cause it's different in kickboxing. It did give me good coordination for training.

- I've been in a couple streetfights.

- I have had a lot of injuries, most of them to the shin and ribs. I bruised 9 ribs total and nearly broke both my feet. After discussing the bet in 2009 August, I started doing some running in February, not taking it seriously till April. Then I bruised my ribs and injured my spleen. This was when we postponed the bet the first time. I wasn't able to train for 2.5 months. After WSOP in september I started doing some kickboxing training, but I overstretched my foot in October and couldn't fight till December. I started again and had a shin injury that made it unable for me to train for 1.5 months. during March I started training again, mostly working on cardio. I had a miniscus injury from running while I was in Vegas 2011 WSOP. I found a guy 2 months ago who fixed it without needing surgery and I have been training a few times a week since then.

I had a shitload of injuries. This is pretty common knowledge for the people who travel the EPT's or who are around me and Elky. It can be checked out. I just think it's important information for possible bets. I do think I'm more athletic than Elky. My coordination is better.



Elky:

- Had kickboxing lessons during the summer of 2009 in Vegas in preparation for a bet with Sorel.

- He has done a lot of stamina/strength training the past 2 years and has been doing a lot of research on eating healthy and nutricion.

- His coordination seems a bit bad and I don't think he is a natural athlete.

- After this WSOP he met up with Lincon Rodrigues, his new coach. Since then he has been training 4 hours a day and went to thailand for 3-4 weeks. Elky will confirm this, he has mentioned all this in interviews.
Bourneq
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden800 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 22:09:33
November 23 2011 17:24 GMT
#2
-NUKED-

*EDIT
Nuked myself for I am a fool!
`Zapdos
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States935 Posts
November 23 2011 17:27 GMT
#3
On November 24 2011 02:24 Bourneq wrote:
Cool, but I dont think a thread dedicated to a youtube video is allowed.


Obviously you don't know who these players are..
www.twitch.tv/thezapdos come watch me :]
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
November 23 2011 17:29 GMT
#4
On November 24 2011 02:27 `Zapdos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 02:24 Bourneq wrote:
Cool, but I dont think a thread dedicated to a youtube video is allowed.


Obviously you don't know who these players are..

Exactly what I thought.

Ahaha this is so funny, they really have too much money.
rgfdxm
Profile Joined December 2006
United States239 Posts
November 23 2011 17:29 GMT
#5
For anyone else who doesn't know... Elky was the second most successful foreigner ever to play Starcraft in Korea, and RaSZi was AKA Liquid`RaSZi.
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
November 23 2011 17:30 GMT
#6
So it really happened, eh?

Can someone give me a spoiler-tagged result? I'm at work and can't watch the video.
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
November 23 2011 17:32 GMT
#7
Raszi had much better technique, if I had to guess he trained much harder. Sick finish! The Dutch are overpowered in kickboxing
Ezekiell
Profile Joined April 2005
Hungary15 Posts
November 23 2011 17:33 GMT
#8
Results in spoiler:

+ Show Spoiler +

RaSZi won with KO
Come to the dark side!
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
November 23 2011 17:34 GMT
#9
LOL :D
Epic fun :D
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
Ryalnos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 17:36:58
November 23 2011 17:35 GMT
#10
Rekrul Korea (South). October 17 2011 20:03. Posts 15280 PM Profile Blog Quote #
Anyone who bets against Elky in anything is a retard.
robih
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria1086 Posts
November 23 2011 17:35 GMT
#11
those two could invest in some sc2 tourneys!
Monsen
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 17:37:27
November 23 2011 17:37 GMT
#12
doublepost
11 years and counting- TL #680
Monsen
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 17:39:49
November 23 2011 17:37 GMT
#13
They could, but I assume they have moved on from starcraft a long time ago, so why would they.

Lex looked much better in the fight- also Elky seemed somewhat confused about the ruleset- Looked to me like he thought he'd be allowed to catch the kick and take him to the ground or something?
11 years and counting- TL #680
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
November 23 2011 17:39 GMT
#14
Nice. Epic fight.
Wishing you well.
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
November 23 2011 17:39 GMT
#15
On November 24 2011 02:35 Ryalnos wrote:
Show nested quote +
Rekrul Korea (South). October 17 2011 20:03. Posts 15280 PM Profile Blog Quote #
Anyone who bets against Elky in anything is a retard.

Ahahah, I hope for him that he didnt bet anything (which I really doubt).
derElbe
Profile Joined February 2009
Germany571 Posts
November 23 2011 17:39 GMT
#16
These guys!

i guess they got talked into that or something ?
like on the poker table at the world series?
Hoejja - Bisu - Leenock - TLO
TBO
Profile Joined September 2009
Germany1350 Posts
November 23 2011 17:40 GMT
#17
On November 24 2011 02:35 Ryalnos wrote:
Show nested quote +
Rekrul Korea (South). October 17 2011 20:03. Posts 15280 PM Profile Blog Quote #
Anyone who bets against Elky in anything is a retard.


he probably wrote that to get the odds more in favour for him when he bets on Raszi...
gaston116
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden73 Posts
November 23 2011 17:40 GMT
#18
On November 24 2011 02:32 floor exercise wrote:
Raszi had much better technique, if I had to guess he trained much harder. Sick finish! The Dutch are overpowered in kickboxing

From Lex website

+ Show Spoiler +
Me:

- Did boxing for 1.5 years when I was 16. I trained once a week for a couple of months at the time, totalling 15-20 lessons. The footwork taught in boxing actually hurt me, cause it's different in kickboxing. It did give me good coordination for training.

- I've been in a couple streetfights.

- I have had a lot of injuries, most of them to the shin and ribs. I bruised 9 ribs total and nearly broke both my feet. After discussing the bet in 2009 August, I started doing some running in February, not taking it seriously till April. Then I bruised my ribs and injured my spleen. This was when we postponed the bet the first time. I wasn't able to train for 2.5 months. After WSOP in september I started doing some kickboxing training, but I overstretched my foot in October and couldn't fight till December. I started again and had a shin injury that made it unable for me to train for 1.5 months. during March I started training again, mostly working on cardio. I had a miniscus injury from running while I was in Vegas 2011 WSOP. I found a guy 2 months ago who fixed it without needing surgery and I have been training a few times a week since then.

I had a shitload of injuries. This is pretty common knowledge for the people who travel the EPT's or who are around me and Elky. It can be checked out. I just think it's important information for possible bets. I do think I'm more athletic than Elky. My coordination is better.



Elky:

- Had kickboxing lessons during the summer of 2009 in Vegas in preparation for a bet with Sorel.

- He has done a lot of stamina/strength training the past 2 years and has been doing a lot of research on eating healthy and nutricion.

- His coordination seems a bit bad and I don't think he is a natural athlete.

- After this WSOP he met up with Lincon Rodrigues, his new coach. Since then he has been training 4 hours a day and went to thailand for 3-4 weeks. Elky will confirm this, he has mentioned all this in interviews.
dizzee
Profile Joined November 2011
Norway36 Posts
November 23 2011 17:40 GMT
#19
On November 24 2011 02:37 Monsen wrote:
They could, but I assume they have moved on from starcraft a long time ago, so why would they.


Looking at some of their posts the occationally post in threads and likely lurk the forums. Considering they are both long time members of the community, i woulden't be suprised if they did invest.
Know that you do enjoy your life, and that life is a year-long cycle in which after winter, summer always arrives.
AngryLlama
Profile Joined September 2005
United States1227 Posts
November 23 2011 17:41 GMT
#20
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!

love both guys! Awwww poor elky!! <3
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1207
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 280
Rex 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 54492
Calm 3791
Shuttle 2813
Bisu 1321
FanTaSy 1296
firebathero 389
Stork 275
Hyuk 263
Zeus 252
actioN 250
[ Show more ]
Mini 237
Soma 232
Rush 223
EffOrt 208
Soulkey 145
Last 139
Light 128
ZerO 114
Snow 110
Mong 71
Dewaltoss 66
PianO 64
Pusan 56
Sea.KH 56
Killer 45
JYJ 44
hero 36
Barracks 36
Free 35
Shinee 34
NotJumperer 33
ToSsGirL 31
Yoon 30
Bale 29
Aegong 27
Sharp 22
Shine 20
sorry 20
HiyA 19
yabsab 19
Sacsri 18
Noble 16
Dota 2
Gorgc6559
Dendi520
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1441
kRYSTAL_96
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko380
Other Games
gofns33593
singsing1743
B2W.Neo660
crisheroes260
DeMusliM225
hiko152
Livibee107
byalli47
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
34m
OSC
9h 49m
Replay Cast
10h 34m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.