• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:23
CEST 16:23
KST 23:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9392 users

ElkY vs RaSZi Kickboxing fight - Page 11

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
November 27 2011 05:13 GMT
#201
What was their weight difference?
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
Liquid`RaSZi
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands2766 Posts
November 27 2011 15:55 GMT
#202
I wrote a blog about the fight:

http://www.veldhuispoker.com/blog/the-fight/
Fire and blood
mockturtle
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States220 Posts
November 27 2011 20:04 GMT
#203
well fought raszi, your defense looked very good

i hope you both are ok! obviously you won but training camps can take their toll
Bd.Snake
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia163 Posts
December 04 2011 21:37 GMT
#204
On November 25 2011 08:21 Xela wrote:
Poker players bets always amaze me. 50k for a kickboxing fight when obviously none of them trained seriously at any point in their life beforehand just seems odd to me.

I know it's their money and they can do whatever they want with it, but they're basically risking their health for a stupid bet. Correct me if I'm wrong but since they're not professionals, isn't the risk of injury way higher because they don't have the technique to defend themselves properly? Or is it the other way around cause they don't hit hard enough?

Anyway, I guess they have big balls and everything but it just shows they have no idea what to do with their money. IMHO, give that 50k to someone who really needs it, or invest it for when poker won't pay like it does now.


The risk of injury is much lower actually because they will run out of energy in about 5 minutes they cant punch properly so they cant get hurt and they cant block so the only thing that should happen is like a watery nose and bruised ego
Well see the thing of it is you know theres alot of ugly people out there walking around but they dont know there ugly because nobody actually tells them
aaronlolol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
134 Posts
December 04 2011 21:57 GMT
#205
That's a very good amateur fight. They're just in there after each others head really laying it out there. Can't ask for much more even from the pros let alone amateur fights, very awesome fight!
Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
December 04 2011 22:08 GMT
#206
That was a pretty savage kick.
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
nepeta
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1872 Posts
December 04 2011 22:26 GMT
#207
Idk the first thing about fighting, but your fans seem to be real tokkies ^^

GG!
Broodwar AI :) http://sscaitournament.com http://www.starcraftai.com/wiki/Main_Page
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
December 04 2011 22:58 GMT
#208
I thoroughly enjoyed both the blog and the fight
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
whiteLotus
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
1833 Posts
December 04 2011 23:00 GMT
#209
now they should make bw fight for 50k )
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
Flamingo777
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1190 Posts
December 05 2011 01:22 GMT
#210
I remember hearing about this a long time ago. Not a bad fight, but Lex was on a completely different level than ElkY in that fight. Congratulations RaSZi!
CoolSea
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States236 Posts
December 05 2011 01:31 GMT
#211
OMG. Elky got domed!!!!! That kick, man.
AcrosstheSky
Profile Joined January 2011
United States237 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-07 04:07:47
December 07 2011 04:07 GMT
#212
OMG. Elky got domed!!!!! That kick, man.


Um...That doesn't mean what you think it means
mellymyrans
Profile Joined March 2012
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2012-03-02 11:22:45
March 02 2012 11:19 GMT
#213
On November 24 2011 02:23 gaston116 wrote:


Bertrand "Elky" Grospellier against Lex "RaSZi" Veldhuis both former BW players fights eachother.
From 2+2
"original bet was 50k euro, but Lex said the total amount was 'sixfigs' (including sideaction), he didnt want to say an exact total."

From Lex website

+ Show Spoiler +
Me:

- Did boxing for 1.5 years when I was 16. I trained once a week for a couple of months at the time, totalling 15-20 lessons. The footwork taught in boxing actually hurt me, cause it's different in kickboxing. It did give me good coordination for training.

- I've been in a couple streetfights.

- I have had a lot of injuries, most of them to the shin and ribs. I bruised 9 ribs total and nearly broke both my feet. After discussing the bet in 2009 August, I started doing some running in February, not taking it seriously till April. Then I bruised my ribs and injured my spleen. This was when we postponed the bet the first time. I wasn't able to train for 2.5 months. After WSOP in september I started doing some kickboxing training, but I overstretched my foot in October and couldn't fight till December. I started again and had a shin injury that made it unable for me to train for 1.5 months. during March I started training again, mostly working on cardio. I had a miniscus injury from running while I was in Vegas 2011 WSOP. I found a guy 2 months ago who fixed it without needing surgery and I have been training a few times a week since then.

I had a shitload of injuries. This is pretty common knowledge for the people who travel the EPT's or who are around me and Elky. It can be checked out. I just think it's important information for possible bets. I do think I'm more athletic than Elky. My coordination is better.



Elky:

- Had kickboxing lessons during the summer of 2009 in Vegas in preparation for a bet with Sorel.

- He has done a lot of stamina/strength training the past 2 years and has been doing a lot of research on eating healthy and nutricion.

- His coordination seems a bit bad and I don't think he is a natural athlete.

- After this WSOP he met up with Lincon Rodrigues, his new coach. Since then he has been training 4 hours a day and went to thailand for 3-4 weeks. Elky will confirm this, he has mentioned all this in interviews.




LOL. Very entertaining video here buddy! MOD EDIT: Advertising


User was banned for this post.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 02 2012 11:41 GMT
#214
Haha, this thread might have been bumped by an advertiser, but I'm glad it did. Awesome thread :D
Moderator
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
March 02 2012 11:45 GMT
#215
That's brillaint. :D
nastyyy
Profile Joined December 2009
United States262 Posts
March 02 2012 11:47 GMT
#216
When I saw this thread title, at first I was like, why does TL care about poker players? Then I remembered where these two started.
one time
YipMan
Profile Joined April 2011
372 Posts
March 02 2012 11:57 GMT
#217
Everytime i see this i have to wonder how Elky could lose this fight, his boxing skills and the punching techniques look so superior :0
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 255
MaxPax 241
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66351
Calm 4134
Shuttle 2599
Bisu 2264
FanTaSy 1511
Soma 580
Mini 504
EffOrt 452
Stork 357
Light 307
[ Show more ]
Rush 276
firebathero 251
Hyuk 245
ZerO 186
Snow 185
actioN 122
Barracks 116
Zeus 85
Killer 82
hero 79
Dewaltoss 65
Hyun 43
Pusan 41
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 32
Shine 28
Free 26
Sharp 26
PianO 21
Aegong 19
yabsab 18
zelot 18
sorry 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7797
Dendi974
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_254
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko426
crisheroes350
Other Games
hiko2194
singsing2184
B2W.Neo518
DeMusliM271
byalli255
Hui .200
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX155
Mew2King76
Rex36
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2116
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 53m
Replay Cast
8h 38m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.