• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:37
CEST 12:37
KST 19:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9936 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 82

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 1067 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
January 12 2013 20:21 GMT
#1621
im gonna tell u what everyone tells me irl
FUCKING RELAX BRO
its good advice
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
beachbeachy
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States509 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-12 21:46:08
January 12 2013 21:45 GMT
#1622
On January 13 2013 05:13 Tolazytobecreative wrote:
Show nested quote +
I work with a 36 year old with a very similar story, minus gm league.


Is he alone by choice or does he hate himself as much as I do hate myself?

Show nested quote +
pic?


I cant take a pic of myself I dont have a camera (is anyone honestly suprised by that?)
I can assure you I am not ugly at all though. Pretty sure I look better than average thanks to working out. I also a normal shaped face and clean skin. (though I have been told that I have a certain do-not-approach-me-look on my face)
Also I wouldnt post a pic of myself after what I have just posted about myself even if I could. I would never admit any of this outside of the internet.

Also did I mention I never took a photo in my life?



I asked my girlfriend last night what attracted her to me the most. Low and behold, she told me it was my confidence. It can be sincere or faked, either way it's hands down the number 1 attractive trait a man can have. You don't have to believe in yourself right away - everyone has to go through the motions. What's important is that you start to believe in yourself. Start developing a positive attitude and most importantly of all, fake it till you make it.
Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men. - Goethe
9lazy9
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom10 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-13 17:34:27
January 13 2013 17:34 GMT
#1623


You can have sex on ecstasy with no complications. It does make sex feel better to the point where it's a completely different experience. However, like anything else in this world, if you have sex every time under the influence, you'll lose your concept of sober sex and then it might reach a point where you'll be constantly chasing the dragon.


If i do a g or 2 of mdma I can't get a hard on. It makes your dick smaller.
Coke, however...
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 13 2013 17:37 GMT
#1624
Last night I got a girl's number (has a boyfriend) and I paid a guy to take a sketch of us talking. Baller. The dude was just hanging out with a large art notebook and some chalk.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Luminox
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France223 Posts
January 13 2013 18:18 GMT
#1625
She just said no, so I guess "the stars weren't right".
BRB need some ice cream and dota2 tourneys.
Half-french, half-polish, Half-greek Half-english, and yet fully zerg! For the swarm till the end!
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-13 18:32:56
January 13 2013 18:32 GMT
#1626
On January 14 2013 02:37 slytown wrote:
Last night I got a girl's number (has a boyfriend) and I paid a guy to take a sketch of us talking. Baller. The dude was just hanging out with a large art notebook and some chalk.

uh,so you plan to blackmail her with the sketch or something haha?
Cackle™
Kerotan89
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom51 Posts
January 13 2013 20:34 GMT
#1627
In my entire life I have 'dated' one girl. That was in last year of primary school and we didnt even really do anything, we only held hands and hugged, in the end it unofficially ended when she started hanging out with some other guy more than myself, and we went to separate high-schools before anything could be said.

From then on I have had nothing going for me.. I am 23 now, a shy guy, very low self-confidence and very unfit (Never exercise, no sports etc) Worst of all, I am very anti-social. Not that I want to be but I struggle having conversations with people and I am a boring guy with no hobbies but gaming (Even I am getting tired of this..)

I have very few friends and no social outlet to meet new ones, I stay at home all the time, never go drinking or all that lot. No chance in the world for me, even though I have begun to realize how lonely I am and dont have the confidence to change that.


Anyway thats my story.. posted to some random guys I dont even know. Fuck my life.
Rawr
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-13 20:47:41
January 13 2013 20:46 GMT
#1628
On January 14 2013 05:34 Kerotan89 wrote:
In my entire life I have 'dated' one girl. That was in last year of primary school and we didnt even really do anything, we only held hands and hugged, in the end it unofficially ended when she started hanging out with some other guy more than myself, and we went to separate high-schools before anything could be said.

From then on I have had nothing going for me.. I am 23 now, a shy guy, very low self-confidence and very unfit (Never exercise, no sports etc) Worst of all, I am very anti-social. Not that I want to be but I struggle having conversations with people and I am a boring guy with no hobbies but gaming (Even I am getting tired of this..)

I have very few friends and no social outlet to meet new ones, I stay at home all the time, never go drinking or all that lot. No chance in the world for me, even though I have begun to realize how lonely I am and dont have the confidence to change that.


Anyway thats my story.. posted to some random guys I dont even know. Fuck my life.

Well it sounds like you don't really like yourself the way you are right now.You can't expect to meet girls much less have them notice you if you don't even like yourself.If you want to change something than list 2-3 things that bother you the most and just start from there.
Also you say you have few friends but no social outlet to meet new ones.Your "few friends"(doesn't matter how few,even if it's one person) are your social outlet for meeting other people.Just try to take interest in some of their activities or hobbies,see if you like it,chances are you are going to hang out with various new people along the way.The worst that can happen to you is you are going to break your every day pattern.
Self-loathing won't help you believe me.
Cackle™
Emzeeshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada4203 Posts
January 13 2013 20:46 GMT
#1629
--- Nuked ---
Zarak
Profile Joined October 2010
United States41 Posts
January 13 2013 22:59 GMT
#1630
Confidence IMO is so important. You can be the dorkiest, skinniest shrimp in the world but if your confiedent girls are going to think your cute regardless.
Whats a Protoss?
Kojak21
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1104 Posts
January 13 2013 23:00 GMT
#1631
On January 14 2013 07:59 Zarak wrote:
Confidence IMO is so important. You can be the dorkiest, skinniest shrimp in the world but if your confiedent girls are going to think your cute regardless.


there is a huge difference between confidence and being cocky, so dont over due it or ull look like a tool
¯\_(☺)_/¯
t e a C h e r
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada151 Posts
January 13 2013 23:38 GMT
#1632
On January 14 2013 08:00 Kojak21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2013 07:59 Zarak wrote:
Confidence IMO is so important. You can be the dorkiest, skinniest shrimp in the world but if your confiedent girls are going to think your cute regardless.


there is a huge difference between confidence and being cocky, so dont over due it or ull look like a tool


true that, if you too cocky you look like a douche.
@bullscent , twitch: teacherwish
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 00:34:14
January 14 2013 00:29 GMT
#1633
wrong thread, sorry
ne0lith
Profile Joined August 2011
537 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 00:34:47
January 14 2013 00:34 GMT
#1634
sorry, delete
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 14 2013 05:42 GMT
#1635
The biggest problem for me is holding an interesting conversation. I've been on two dates recently with two different girls (not really date, more like a pre-date) I asked out from class but they were both so boring that I didn't even feel like pursuing any further. Anyone have tips regarding this situation? I'll go into more details but I don't know which ones are relevant, so just ask and I shall fulfill.
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
January 14 2013 05:46 GMT
#1636
On January 14 2013 14:42 Najda wrote:
The biggest problem for me is holding an interesting conversation. I've been on two dates recently with two different girls (not really date, more like a pre-date) I asked out from class but they were both so boring that I didn't even feel like pursuing any further. Anyone have tips regarding this situation? I'll go into more details but I don't know which ones are relevant, so just ask and I shall fulfill.


Just focus on her. Ask her questions and have some playful banter off her answers. If you feel like saying it just say it, as long as you say it with a smile you can get away with anything.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 06:10:29
January 14 2013 06:01 GMT
#1637
On January 14 2013 14:42 Najda wrote:
The biggest problem for me is holding an interesting conversation. I've been on two dates recently with two different girls (not really date, more like a pre-date) I asked out from class but they were both so boring that I didn't even feel like pursuing any further. Anyone have tips regarding this situation? I'll go into more details but I don't know which ones are relevant, so just ask and I shall fulfill.


Tips for conversation starter (depends on who you're talking to of course):
-Talking about other people in the venue. This is pretty large: weird guy/girl, badly dressed person, asking her if she thinks the waitress is cute, guessing who's a couple and who is friend.
-Asking open-ended question: What do you think of xxxxx ? What if xxxx ? Of course pick a question that has no right/wrong answer but which also is not contreversial (no politics/religion etc). Example: If you had 1M dollar what's the first thing you'd do ? (then why, then you and back and forth).
-Talking about a recent news you're interested in or about gossip from work/school/celebrities. Aim according to the girl.
-Hobby you and the girl share.
-Events you and the girl attended to

In the end, this is just an opener or a way to break a silence. The important part comes from LISTENING. She will provide you with material to either ask other questions to get more details:
-Why did you do that ?
-Why are you against that ?
or to explore another area:
-How did you feel when xxxx ?
or to talk about your stuff:
-Oh yeah this totaly reminds me of....

It's also pretty important to be playful overall. Make fun of some of her responses (not everything), stay confident in your answers about your life.

The essence is to know her and have a conversation that is engaging. A conversation is engaging either by telling/listening to a cool story or by giving your opinion on a subject.

Avoid:
-Ex-gf, ex-bf
-Politics, religions, controversial subjects
-Unhappy subjects (war, someone she hates, someone that died)
-Work and school (unless its gossip or a very thrilling subject). Things like "How was work yesterday ?" are to be avoided.
-Banalities like how many dogs, sisters she has.

Finally there is also the option to DO stuff. Like you can bring her skate skiing as a date, then that's probably what you'll talk about. Not every guy is a smooth talker, but you either do interesting stuff or have interesting conversations, the one or the other (or both).

Also remember that if she is a little interested, she probably doesn't really know what to talk about either
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 06:14:14
January 14 2013 06:13 GMT
#1638
In addition to the above I'd like to hop in here:

Avoid:
-Unhappy subjects (war, someone she hates, someone that died)
-Work and school (unless its gossip or a very thrilling subject). Things like "How was work yesterday ?" are to be avoided.
-Banalities like how many dogs, sisters she has.

Keep in mind that talking about both negative and positive topics is fine, mostly because we tend to remember things more vividly if they caused a variety of emotions (that's part of the reason why switching between lots of locations is just GREAT during early dates). Highly negative topics (e.g. "My mom died of cancer last year") build lots and lots of rapport and shouldn't be brushed off quickly just to create a lighter mood.

Probably one of the strongest guidelines is that no matter the topic it should be about evoking and sharing emotions. That is also where stories come from along the lines of "content means shit, I can talk about zergling rushes and get her all wet" - if you can manage to convey a strong emotion along with your story (which usually involves enjoying your own stories) you're someone people are going to love hearing stories from.

Depending on the vibe it can also be completely fine to ask the "horrible classic questions" if you pack them into an ironic package. After a few minutes of talking a "So... do you come here often?" with a smile will most likely make her laugh. Or super serious face, sitting up straight and being like "What are your other hobbies? I like swimming, doing sports and going out with my friends!" is completely fine. Being playful is key here.

In general it's a good idea in the beginning to try and stick to statements instead of questions. e.g. "So, what are you studying.. no, wait, let me guess... you look like you're studying chemistry!" - it gives both parties more room to play around and create a good mood.


/rant. What exactly is your problem btw? The girls are boring or you feel that you could make them any less boring with good conversational skills? If they're boring, just move on. =P
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 06:29:31
January 14 2013 06:24 GMT
#1639
Well yes you can talk about anything if you have the right attitude to it but for someone that has trouble keeping a conversation, I'd avoid those.
If they arise however, follow above advices don't brush them off (I was advising avoiding them not discarding them in the event they do).
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
January 14 2013 06:29 GMT
#1640
On January 14 2013 15:24 rezoacken wrote:
Well yes you can talk about anything if you have the right attitude to it but for someone that has trouble keeping a conversation, I'd avoid those.


I've found having good conversational skills comes down to a lack of thought. The phrase "think before you speak" has no place in the dating world. For me a positive attitude, and never talking bad about anyone combined with my lack of censoring myself had led to some great conversations.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 1067 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko136
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 755
Soma 638
Jaedong 447
BeSt 337
Horang2 332
Hyuk 270
Light 258
910 213
Soulkey 200
Stork 192
[ Show more ]
Mini 139
Snow 136
EffOrt 121
Pusan 116
ZerO 99
Last 79
Rush 57
Shinee 52
Mind 46
ggaemo 44
Mong 43
hero 40
Killer 38
Yoon 38
Creator 28
Bale 24
Sharp 20
Sacsri 15
yabsab 13
Noble 11
sorry 10
Dota 2
Gorgc4977
XcaliburYe122
League of Legends
JimRising 326
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1197
pashabiceps876
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2989
Khaldor867
Other Games
gofns35262
singsing1385
ceh9646
XBOCT310
Pyrionflax233
DeMusliM195
Mew2King91
ArmadaUGS48
ZerO(Twitch)10
trigger7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH298
• StrangeGG 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1504
Other Games
• WagamamaTV170
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
23m
Stellar Fest
2h 23m
The PondCast
23h 23m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.