• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:42
CEST 16:42
KST 23:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9433 users

Gamer and Mariage - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
kellymilkies
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore1393 Posts
September 29 2011 19:06 GMT
#61
I have the biggest de-motivational story in the world to tell about living together and games and stuff.
But always remember, true love = real love = conquers all.
Anyone who stops trying or gives excuses = not real love, no excuse, no extra reason needed.

Sounds like you are happy and everything is ready to go. I hope you have a great great life with lots of kids and your wife running barefooted around the place pregnant <3
Work hard for your family, stay grounded, stay loyal and things will always work out
Mwahhhhh <3 GLHF!
Be the change you wish to see in the world ^-^V //
Hynda
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden2226 Posts
September 29 2011 19:08 GMT
#62
On September 30 2011 04:06 kellymilkies wrote:
I have the biggest de-motivational story in the world to tell about living together and games and stuff.
But always remember, true love = real love = conquers all.
Anyone who stops trying or gives excuses = not real love, no excuse, no extra reason needed.

Sounds like you are happy and everything is ready to go. I hope you have a great great life with lots of kids and your wife running barefooted around the place pregnant <3
Work hard for your family, stay grounded, stay loyal and things will always work out
Mwahhhhh <3 GLHF!


Living together sometimes just doesn't work out. I went out for a girl for over 2 years moved in together and broke up after 2 weeks. Sometimes you're just not compatible to live together simple as that, but if you are going as far as to legaly bind yourself to eachother surely you would have gone over that humb ages ago.
BrokenTV
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 19:09:51
September 29 2011 19:08 GMT
#63
Me and my girlfriend have lived together for a couple months. during the beginning we didn't have interest, and for the past 2 weeks or so we just got it. she goes to school full time, and i work part time and play sc2, so iv spent every day playing as much as i can. It tough sometimes, u have to balance it like you would in the game. Life is a game per say.

You have to micro your entertainment, but you also have to focus on your macro with your job and relationships. Macro is the more important one ( to most ) but micro will keep you from losing the game. If that makes sense. If not then i just sounded very nerdy.
Road To Gold Blog Here! - http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/BrokenGold
Flew
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom133 Posts
September 29 2011 19:11 GMT
#64

I would say that marriage shouldn't affect gaming - you will still have time for hobbies, and although you will do more stuff together you should still have time for yourself. You just need to have an understanding partner.

However, having kids will dramatically cut down on gaming.
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 19:14:14
September 29 2011 19:13 GMT
#65
My marriage hasn't reduced my gaming at all. What reduces gaming is mostly economic/life concerns.

Honestly though, you need to find a woman who respects you for what you are and doesn't try to change you. My wife probably feels my gaming is a waste of time, just like I feel her watching TV is a waste of time, but we don't ever criticize each other for it because it's what we enjoy doing. As long as the bills are all paid, you can't really complain about "wasting time" imo.

She does sometimes complain that I spend more time on the computer than I spend with her, but we probably still spend more time together than most married couples. The problem is she doesn't really have a hobby or interest of her own and she just gets bored. It's always good for your wife to have plenty of girl friends, they can spend hours talking or window shopping

Source: Ten year anniversary coming up o.O
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
HackBenjamin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1094 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 19:18:40
September 29 2011 19:17 GMT
#66
I understand what the point of this thread is, but tbh I don't think I'd want to spend the rest of my life with someone who wasn't cool with me playing games as much as I do. I don't give a shit if you want to watch your reality shows or go to book club or go shake your tailfeathers with your girlfriends at a bar or club. Do your thing, I'll do mine. Everyones a winner.

Where people go wrong is when they decide to "settle" with the person they are with, even though they might not really be compatible life partners. People like to say things like "it's gotta be 50/50 in the relationship, theres got to be some give and take". I say that is crap. It should be 100/100; it doesn't really make sense to limit yourself or your spouse into this 50/50 mentality.
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
September 29 2011 19:19 GMT
#67
you're 21 and you're getting married?

:S
hihihi
munchmunch
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada789 Posts
September 29 2011 19:22 GMT
#68
I've been married for 4 years, got married when we were both 24. When we first got married, we would do this kind of thing:
Her: "I'm thinking of going shopping this afternoon. Want to come?"
Me: "Shopping for fun? That is so stupid. Why would you ever want to do that."

Or

Her: "Playing computer games again? Why do you do that so often."

Now it's more like:
Her: "I'm thinking of going shopping this afternoon."
Me: "Good idea, you deserve a break. Have fun."

Or

Me: "I think I'm going to spend a few hours playing computer games."
Her: "Ok, have fun dear."

In other words, when we first got married we naively expected that we would like the same things, want to spend all our time together, etc. Now we understand that we have some independent interests, and we encourage each other to do things that we each enjoy.

Anyway, congrats on getting married OP. Enjoy the day.
Datz2Ez
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada76 Posts
September 29 2011 19:25 GMT
#69
I really appreciate all you're comments people make me pretty optimist about the futur. I think she will not have much trouble accepting it if I talk to her about it in the correct way!
Action is the real measure of intelligence.
Hemula
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Russian Federation1849 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 19:28:10
September 29 2011 19:27 GMT
#70
Thou shall not get yourself binded to a maiden for she willst eat your very soul and make you play not. :3

Seriously, guys? If you're getting married it means you consider youself grown-up. You got to make choices in life. If you love someone you should easily give up a part of your life. If not, it means your feelings are not that strong.


On September 30 2011 04:19 askTeivospy wrote:
you're 21 and you're getting married?

:S

[image loading]
Crushgroove
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
September 29 2011 19:29 GMT
#71
I live with my Girl. I make no adjustments. I play literally whenever I want and she brings me food if I'm busy. If my girl wasn't ok with my passions and hobbies then she wouldn't be my girl. Lots of girls out there... only one me.
[In Korea on Vaca] "Why would I go to the park and climb a mountain? There are video games on f*cking TV!" - Kazuke
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
September 29 2011 19:32 GMT
#72
I got married when I was 21. Been 4 years now, and I have a 2 year old daughter.

I still get to game, I play SC2 probably about an hour every evening, and maybe 2-3 hours on Sat/Sunday. My wife doesn't care, she watches sometimes. You just have to be considerate of your significant other... if she's in a crappy mood or the baby is being horrible, of course I'm not going to go chill out and play a video game.

I also work a full time job as a manager at a health care practice... so anyway, my point is, people exaggerate when they say "You can't game anymore once you have a family". I think that's an old fashioned view on things, and if you have a partner who actually cares about your interests, they will understand why you want to play games.

It's all about balance!
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 29 2011 19:32 GMT
#73
Getting married at 21... should have thought about the drawbacks.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
September 29 2011 19:35 GMT
#74
On September 30 2011 04:32 QTIP. wrote:
Getting married at 21... should have thought about the drawbacks.

People are so immature nowadays. What's with this idea that you have to be a manchild until you're 30?
No problem if you feel that way, but some of us have different priorities in life.

Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
September 29 2011 19:42 GMT
#75
On September 30 2011 04:35 muzzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 04:32 QTIP. wrote:
Getting married at 21... should have thought about the drawbacks.

People are so immature nowadays. What's with this idea that you have to be a manchild until you're 30?
No problem if you feel that way, but some of us have different priorities in life.



Have you MET our half of the species?
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 19:45:23
September 29 2011 19:43 GMT
#76
On September 30 2011 04:35 muzzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 04:32 QTIP. wrote:
Getting married at 21... should have thought about the drawbacks.

People are so immature nowadays. What's with this idea that you have to be a manchild until you're 30?
No problem if you feel that way, but some of us have different priorities in life.



No one said anything about being a manchild till your 30. I was merely pointing out the fact that before you get into something like a life-long commitment, you probably weigh the pros/cons. Obviously, this con was unexpected. I don't think many people would disagree that marriage at the age of 21 is quite early. If anything, getting married at 21 is immature. (I'm not saying the OP is, just saying that making poor decisions that will impact the rest of your life when you have only lived roughly 25% of your life is immature)

Also, this is not a personal attack. So don't turn it into one.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
September 29 2011 19:46 GMT
#77
On September 30 2011 04:32 QTIP. wrote:
Getting married at 21... should have thought about the drawbacks.


What drawbacks would those be? (I got married at 23, by the way).
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
Datz2Ez
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada76 Posts
September 29 2011 19:49 GMT
#78
On September 30 2011 04:35 muzzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 04:32 QTIP. wrote:
Getting married at 21... should have thought about the drawbacks.

People are so immature nowadays. What's with this idea that you have to be a manchild until you're 30?
No problem if you feel that way, but some of us have different priorities in life.



Thanks, some people are indeed immature and do not understand that at 21 you can be ready for this. Also it is a question that will not define the success of our mariage, it is way beyond this.

And to those to wonder, I was the one to propose so I am fully commited to this and OBVIOUSLY I know that I have to cut on those hours. However, some people did not take the time to read fully the 1st post. I am looking for experience of other people to know how to deal with this in the best way. It is not a question of wheter I will game or not, because I will! It is a question about how I will deal with the situation if she thinks I play too much! Or that I don't spend enough time with her.
Action is the real measure of intelligence.
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 29 2011 19:53 GMT
#79
On September 30 2011 04:46 Gnosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 04:32 QTIP. wrote:
Getting married at 21... should have thought about the drawbacks.


What drawbacks would those be? (I got married at 23, by the way).


Time for gaming in general. Obviously this does not apply to everyone, you might marry a chick who is just into gaming as you are. But it seems like the OP is losing some time, and I can see myself in the same situation if I were to get married now (22) given my current gaming habits.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
September 29 2011 19:55 GMT
#80
On September 30 2011 04:49 Datz2Ez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 04:35 muzzy wrote:
On September 30 2011 04:32 QTIP. wrote:
Getting married at 21... should have thought about the drawbacks.

People are so immature nowadays. What's with this idea that you have to be a manchild until you're 30?
No problem if you feel that way, but some of us have different priorities in life.



Thanks, some people are indeed immature and do not understand that at 21 you can be ready for this. Also it is a question that will not define the success of our mariage, it is way beyond this.

And to those to wonder, I was the one to propose so I am fully commited to this and OBVIOUSLY I know that I have to cut on those hours. However, some people did not take the time to read fully the 1st post. I am looking for experience of other people to know how to deal with this in the best way. It is not a question of wheter I will game or not, because I will! It is a question about how I will deal with the situation if she thinks I play too much! Or that I don't spend enough time with her.


Congratulations on your marriage. Don't misinterpret my post, I'm not hating on your situation. Looks like you are looking for a constructive solution, already accepting the fact that the total gaming time will be less than if you were not married. GL
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 49
CosmosSc2 35
trigger 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 54323
Shuttle 8772
BeSt 655
Horang2 466
Larva 182
Sexy 156
Soma 154
Last 122
Mind 111
ggaemo 103
[ Show more ]
Zeus 80
hero 67
Hyun 59
Sea.KH 58
Killer 50
Aegong 45
ToSsGirL 27
Bale 26
PianO 22
Rock 18
NaDa 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4337
qojqva2278
Dendi1402
420jenkins530
Fuzer 52
Counter-Strike
fl0m3233
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor960
Liquid`Hasu735
Other Games
B2W.Neo856
Beastyqt538
Mlord432
byalli398
Livibee213
Hui .194
ArmadaUGS136
KnowMe104
Mew2King61
QueenE56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1782
League of Legends
• Nemesis3433
Other Games
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 18m
Replay Cast
8h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.